• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bretto

So I was reading the pages on TV Tropes for "The Fettered" and "The Unfettered" (apologies for not including links, I'm not allowed to yet) and according to TV Tropes:

"Which of the two an author makes an Übermensch fall under tells a lot about the story's tone and philosophy."

". . . if the Unfettered is the Übermensch, then the work is much more likely to be Cynical. If the Fettered is the Übermensch, then the work is most likely Idealist."

Do you think Serana could be classified as Fettered or Unfettered? I'm not really trying to find An Ultimate Answer, I just think it would be interesting to tease out the implications of both.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
There isn't a cynical tone to her, so Fettered. She's an idealist but not the bad kind. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

Valerica would be Unfettered. Harkon more or less fettered for obvious reasons.

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
big words....can't process

In all honesty though, I looked up and read what they were saying

in other words, she's probs both?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Words too big... me no understand... but Serana is definitely idealist and definitely trusting. She is the most pathetic and un evil vampire ever. She trusts you almost immediately and even walks into a castle full of vampire hunters.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I say she's either stupid, desperate, or has balls of steal more than her duchey dad to walk into a fort full of vampire hunters. Probably all the above.

I would have loved to have dialogue on EXACTLY how the hell she got in there without looking like a porcupine or pincushion.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts