Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Wow, interesting. I wonder what I could have done wrong. I was extremely careful with the dialog selected and used most of it after the mission was accomplished. When I show an Amulet of Mara I get absolutely no response, and I know I'm not the only one. I did successfully get her to cure herself, but that was the end of it.

I'm curious, what answer did you give Serana when she asked about your parents?
I put on the amulet of Mara right after finishing Beyond Death, you might have waited too long (or picked a wrong dialogue choice at some point, though I don't know what it could be). When she asked about my parents I picked "they were good people, I miss them", and when she asked if I get lonely I said "I try not to rely on other people". I also always picked the "flirt" options.

Storm777

I put on the amulet of Mara right after finishing Beyond Death, you might have waited too long (or picked a wrong dialogue choice at some point, though I don't know what it could be). When she asked about my parents I picked "they were good people, I miss them", and when she asked if I get lonely I said "I try not to rely on other people". I also always picked the "flirt" options.

Strange. That's exactly what I had done as well. Part of me wanted to chose my parents being bad in the idea of relating with her more, but ultimately I chose the same. I did whip out the Amulet of Mara right away FWIW.

Maybe just another bug. Maybe I look like a Frost Troll and you're handsome? Actually, I'm now going with leaving her speechless with my incredible Dragonborne prowess. ;)

Tyer032392

To be honest, there is some really good fanfiction out there that goes into depth of what it could be like for the Dragonborn and Serana to be together, which I for some reason prefer fanfiction much more over most of the actual in-game dialog.

Moris

I can't understand for a moment why anyone would want to marry Serana. Her endless whining and complaining and suicidal leaping in front of arrows made me want to murder her within ten minutes of meeting her. Do fellows really enjoy all her bitching?

If she'd been made a marriage candidate, then you'd have to put up with all the female characters complaining that they didn't get any additional male options. The male marriage candidates are pretty weak to begin with. Bethesda doesn't seem to quite get what makes a man "hot".

So I say, if no additional male marriage options, then no Serana. Fair is fair.

JClarke1953

I know, she whines as a Vampire, and does as much when she's "cured". She might complain about the sun, or being in her share of cave's but other than that....she makes a decent follower. At least she isn't sarcastic when you ask to trade with her.

I just don't figure why the dialogue wasn't changed when she got cured. And that is even a different story! On the char I run now, Selana refused to be cured, on another, she is. But her dialogue has changed very little.

Moris

I know, she whines as a Vampire, and does as much when she's "cured". She might complain about the sun, or being in her share of cave's but other than that....she makes a decent follower. At least she isn't sarcastic when you ask to trade with her.e.

Um, yes she is. I asked to trade with her, and she said something like: "I hope you're not just giving me all the junk you can't be bothered with," in quite a sarcastic voice.

I agree that she's an upgrade over Lydia. But that's not saying much. I'd take Benor or Cosnach over Lydia.

JClarke1953

Yeh, if Mjolna the Lioness wouldn't go on so much about her exploits, I'd keep her. She makes an excellent mule to carry loot!

The Priestess of Azula makes a good follower, and fights well too. The only "sarcasm" I get from her is when I do so,e restoration for the two of us. She always says,"I hope you're not expecting a thank you!".

Corsair 1975

yea i tried to marry Serana but no luck. then again, i can't really see her saying "my love" in every other sentence. by the way, why did they make vampire gauntlets as rare as vampire royal armor? they're just gauntlets.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
That sucks :sadface:
The interaction between your character and her made it seemed like you would be able to marry her...
I thought the same thing man, ha they set it up so nicely... Marriage or not she makes one hell of a follower though haha. Dem ice spikes.

JClarke1953

yea i tried to marry Serana but no luck. then again, i can't really see her saying "my love" in every other sentence. by the way, why did they make vampire gauntlets as rare as vampire royal armor? they're just gauntlets.

You can go to the Castle (if you've killed the occupants) and get all the Vaire gear you want. Even in Selana's mother's lab, there's stuff.

I enchanted Vampire armor for my Mage to wear, and it looks much better than the robe's!

feliciano182

Most likely they will release a patch to fix this, they made her way too taunting for her not to eventually have some sort of payoff.

JClarke1953

I dunno, on one of my char's, Selana refuses to be cured, and gets really "put out" when I bring it up. On another char, she has been cured, so, there's no telling about her.

Maybe she wants a Vampire equal?

MrDSL

I really like her myself..she doesn't talk as much as the lioness..she would always go on as I'm trying to listen to someone else.

Plus she looks great in fur armor.

Although she did attack me last night when I hit one of her undead.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts