Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
Is it really that much of a surprise though? Serana is old. Like older than the Empire old. My grandmother lost her interest in marriage and intimacy before she hit 70, and she didn't have nearly as much trauma in her life as Serana has.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I just wish you could marry Cicero... now there's a guy with personality.
Serana's awesome too, though

stagnant94

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO LONG? YOU CANT MARRY HER. GET OVER IT!

she's old enough to be your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandmother

Storm777

Age?

She was Immortal. That's what happens, you rack up some years. It's like the mortal pause button when you're a blood sucking fiend. As a human again, it's like she's in her early twenties.

Besides, could you imagine the conversation with someone who has seen centuries upon centuries of change? Very cool IMO.

Lakeview Manor is so lonely. Lydia just talks about caves and complains about burdens. The Bard is kind of a douche. Nobody kills the fricken Skeevers. I mean, really? You eat my food, enjoy free rent and you can't kill a couple of giant rats when I'm gone?

Yeah, I need Serana by my side. :sadface:

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
Age?

She was Immortal. That's what happens, you rack up some years. It's like the mortal pause button when you're a blood sucking fiend. As a human again, it's like she's in her early twenties.

Not according to any Anne Rice novel. ;)

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
You'll have to educate me because I thought the vampires stayed the same age visually in "Interview with a Vampire".

At least Vampires didn't sparkle in Skyrim! :D

Agreed.

As for the aging thing you are right that physically they don't age, but mentally they tend to keep going. Consider the little girl who becomes a vampire in Interview with a Vampire (or for that matter Babette). Initially she is a child who is a vampire, but as time goes she loses the mentality and innocence/ignorance of a child and basically becomes an adult trapped in a child's body. Pushing forward even farther vampires (especially in Anne Rice novels) tend to start losing their connection with the world around them (e.g. beliefs, passions, friends, or spouses). For example, there is a quest in Morrowind where an ancient vampire asks you to kill him because he is so old he no longer cares about anything in the world and feels like he is just taking up space.

So physically she may be twenty-something, but in her mind she's still a 1000 years old and has thus lost whatever desire she might have had to marry.

Storm777

Agreed.

As for the aging thing you are right that physically they don't age, but mentally they tend to keep going. Consider the little girl who becomes a vampire in Interview with a Vampire (or for that matter Babette). Initially she is a child who is a vampire, but as time goes she loses the mentality and innocence/ignorance of a child and basically becomes an adult trapped in a child's body. Pushing forward even farther vampires (especially in Anne Rice novels) tend to start losing their connection with the world around them (e.g. beliefs, passions, friends, or spouses). For example, there is a quest in Morrowind where an ancient vampire asks you to kill him because he is so old he no longer cares about anything in the world and feels like he is just taking up space.

So physically she may be twenty-something, but in her mind she's still a 1000 years old and has thus lost whatever desire she might have had to marry.

What's strange is there is dialog when you're a vampire if you ask her to marry you. I was never a Vamp, but I watched a video. As a human, there is no dialog at all with an Amulet of Mara. I was a bit surprised that Bethesda didn't have her say the same thing as a human just as she does as a Vampire.

As far as her age, NOT TO BE ARGUMENTATIVE and all, but how long was she sealed off for? That shouldn't count for time being alive IMO. Also, Serana never met her prince charming. Maybe what she has been through totally turned her off from any type of affection/intimacy, but the way the story goes I could see her getting a second chance at the story book ending. Her family was crap, nobody was there for her and you're there every step on the way protecting her. You essentially show her what a man is supposed to be.

Again, I would hate to see her in the housewife role. I don't see it, but I could see her being a Marriage partner, thus making her a housecarl with different dialog would work in my mind as far as the actual game is played. I never got married(first time through)for the store or meals anyway. I thought it was a really cool option and I enjoy fighting with a follower.

UndeadDollface

Professional Corpse
As far as her age, NOT TO BE ARGUMENTATIVE and all, but how long was she sealed off for? That shouldn't count for time being alive IMO.

You could be right, if she spent the majority of her existence sleeping in a box she would probably be more youthful in mind. And I'll admit, what I suggested above might not be the case at all. All we know for certain is that Bethesda intentionally choose to not make her a potential spouse; I'm just hypothesizing what I think is a plausible explanation as to why.

Storm777

You could be right, if she spent the majority of her existence sleeping in a box she would probably be more youthful in mind. And I'll admit, what I suggested above might not be the case at all. All we know for certain is that Bethesda intentionally choose to not make her a potential spouse; I'm just hypothesizing what I think is a plausible explanation as to why.

Nothing wrong with hypothesizing. I just think Bethesda made Serana in mind with a attractive look, the need to be saved and a sultry voice( laura Bailey ) just to be gigantic butt munches who are laughing as we speak at guys like me who fell in love with her character.

Morning breath? I would be far more worried about her cooking if she would have been marriageable. That cooked meal might have killed you!

JClarke1953

She might be centuries old, but don't forget, she was sealed away from the world until released. She didn't even know where the seat of the kingdom was, or is. So, in view that she has slept for so long, I think she'd want to get back into a life, and have some normalcy that she expressed a desire for. She seems more human than, well, some people we read about in the paper or see on the news.

And, she just might very well appreciate, want and love a family considering how her own had been.

Hypnatix

The only reason I want to marry her in game is because she reminds me so fluffing much of Anna Valerious from Van Helsing (in some wierd way), and that character I would like to marry IRL ^^

Pharaun159

By the way. when is the marrage option even supposed to pop? Even though she says no, good for roleplay.

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Storm777

By the way. when is the marrage option even supposed to pop? Even though she says no, good for roleplay.

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

You gotta be a bloodsucker.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I'm a human and it never came up for me and I have read that of others as well. I have only seen Vampires get rejected. No dialog for humans regarding marriage.
Well, then you did something wrong. My character is a male Nord and member of the Dawnguard, and he most certainly got the marriage dialogue.

Storm777

Well, then you did something wrong. My character is a male Nord and member of the Dawnguard, and he most certainly got the marriage dialogue.

Wow, interesting. I wonder what I could have done wrong. I was extremely careful with the dialog selected and used most of it after the mission was accomplished. When I show an Amulet of Mara I get absolutely no response, and I know I'm not the only one. I did successfully get her to cure herself, but that was the end of it.

I'm curious, what answer did you give Serana when she asked about your parents?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts