Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hellfyre

It really makes you question why Bethesda allowed us to be able to even pop the question to her, doesn't it?

cause they're trolls :mad:

Reactions: Che

Hellfyre

Serena is certainly by far the most well developed character in skyrim and is the best candidate for a wife in skyrim. she has an amazing personality, great background story and when you play through dawnguard with her you actually feel an emotional bond growing between you and her and a sense of trust. she is not mariable however Bethesda are by far not stupid. for them to not let you marry her is a sign of stupidity considering that thousands of fans have been disappointed by the fact that you cant marry her and ignoring this would certainly be stupid. therefore in my personal opinion this suggests that Bethesda have got something planned. maybe a new quest line involving Serena? after all she as a character has been such a great success in dawnguard that Bethesda feel they should centre an entire patch or possibly DLC around her? time will tell however its such an obvious thing that Serena should be mariable therefore I feel that an entire company couldn't have possibly overlooked that! that leads to only two possible conclusions. 1. Bethesda is trolling us however its a mistake as it upsets a lot of fans. 2. which is likely, they have something in store for us to do with Serena. maybe a new DLC? quest line? maybe at the end you can marry her? maybe she dies dramatically? maybe she decides she doesn't want to be a vampire any more? maybe the quest line mgiht involve her trying to escape molag bal's grasp and curing herself so you might have to defy a deadra lord which could potentially have a juicy storline Bethesda can take advantage of. i don't know, these are just my opinions and speculations. its a matter down and open to debate however I just wanted to share the idea to the community that not being able to marry Serena is deliberate and maybe Bethesda are just holding back on us for now.

Maybe, but i doubt it cause you can already cure her for vampirism and i don't know if its planned but maybe after all these complaints from the consumers they might do something about it.
1) Release a patch that allows the marriage before the PC and PS3 version are released
2) Decide to do something about it, possibly make her her own DLC, because of all these complaints like you believe.
But who knows. Right? Maybe there pulling an EA's Mass Effect 3 Ending on us!

KC95

Serana is perfect. It is so unfair.

And like others have said, she was the first NPC I bonded with, during Prophet. I actually didn't fast travel this one too music. At first I would make her walk out during the day but then I felt bad about her discomfort so we started traveling strictly at night. We became regular party girls at the Winking Skeever. Good times. If my character wasn't an elitist selfish evil High Elf, it would have ruined the RP.

Hellfyre

Serana is perfect. It is so unfair.

And like others have said, she was the first NPC I bonded with, during Prophet. I actually didn't fast travel this one too music. At first I would make her walk out during the day but then I felt bad about her discomfort so we started traveling strictly at night. We became regular party girls at the Winking Skeever. Good times. If my character wasn't an elitist selfish evil High Elf, it would have ruined the RP.

oh wow...uhmm... you seem extremly attatched... ._.

KC95

oh wow...uhmm... you seem extremly attatched... ._.
Haha not really. I just like coming up with stories for my characters. And Serana was the first follower that didn't annoy me. I rarely use them and think my characters are too good to need help.

Conn08

Hey guys, i figured out how to marry her, basically you need to use the creation kit to change her voice to that of a standard female nord, then add her to the potentialmarriagefaction or whatever its called, worked for me, dont forget to change her voice back once you have married her though. For some reason only certain voice types are allowed to be married, hence why you cant marry a kajhit

Tania the Nord

Well, I really doubt that Bethesda will make Serana available for marriage simply because they haven't recorded any voice lines for marriage (but they did think of marriage, that's why she said she didn't like temples). I guess it would be highly expensive to hire the actress & studio to record few lines again just to satisfy desperate players (me included).

Bethesda made this intentionally - yes, you can really get close to Serana and there's no one on Tamriel that knows her better than you and with nobody else you can be more intimate, but in order not to brake your special relationship, you cannot marry her. Not in the usual way, temples, making dinner, staying at home... because she's really unique. And, you cannot have everything.
We'll see. Personally, I'm glad I helped her cure of vampirism and made her breathe like human again. You can see the relief and gratitude on her.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Personally, I'm glad I helped her cure of vampirism and made her breathe like human again. You can see the relief and gratitude on her.
I'm pretty sure I messed up the cure, since I mentioned it as early as I could.
Honestly, Serana was cool, but I probably won't have her following me around anymore. Maybe she and Isran will hook up while I'm off on my merry adventures.

I just want to say to those saying they need to add marriage to serana for roleplay purposes to please stop using the term roleplay since you obviously don't know how to properly use it. Roleplaying is in your head, it comes from your imagination. One of my skyrim chars is married to Serana, if you "need" an official bethesda programmed wedding to in order to imagine this, then you are not a roleplayer. Thank you, go ahead and let the hate commence, I don't care.

It would be a dumb move for bethesda to make her marriable, her character is what makes her interesting, physically she is supernaturally stronger and faster than any human or elf. But due to her upbringing she is also emotionally broken. Her parents didn't really care about her and they craved power so much they coerced her into doing unspeaking attrocities with the daedric lord of domination and enslavement Molag Bal. She probably doesn't even understand what a relationship truly is, she has never had a proper one in the thousands of years that she has been around.
But hey, who cares if it fits her character or not, let us marry the hot chick, thats really what matters here right, shes the hottest of the followers.

DarK StaR

I doubt its true but i heard that if you cure her that you can marry her but i dont know has anyone else heard that

Sean

lost somewhere
I looked through the dialogue to find out what dialogue to take to listen to the line (couldn't figure it out), but it isn't true. Those lines don't exist, the only way to marry her would be to change her voice to a normal nord voice, go through the marriage part, then disable the plugin so her voice goes back to normal.

I still don't know what dialogue to follow through, and what not to do. I just want to listen to those lines in my game, WHY IS THAT SO HARD? (lol)

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Easiest way to find out is a PC player with Dawnguard to load up the CK and see if she's in the marriage faction under factions or scripts.
She could essentially then be added or modded to the faction list.

Storm777

I just wanted to add that the idea that it would be expensive to have the voice actress come back to do more dialog doesn't fly with me. I seriously cannot comprehend on what Bethesda made off of Skyrim and what they will continue to make with their DLC's. What's a real voice actress make? A couple grand in a day? Five grand? This is absolutely nothing when you're talking about tens/hundreds of Millions of dollars this game is generating.

Also, what really bothers me about Serana not being marriageable is the fact you can cure her. Why? I would have rather her stayed a Vampire with no hope then become human once again just to show no interest in marriage after what you two go through.

Lastly, I 100% get where people are coming from with the idea that Serana isn't a house wife. I don't see it either, but that's not why I want to marry her. When I take a quest and my follower leaves my service(Serana) she goes back to DawnGuard. She doesn't even go back to her mom which would make a bit more sense to me. It would be nice if she would at least consider your home hers similar to a housecarl.

If Bethesda does actually make Serana marriageable, I really hope they give her a ton of dialog. They might as well if they are going to pay for it anyway. Easily the best Character in Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts