1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by Mathiark, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Oddball

She is also in the show Walker, Texas Ranger :3 well, in one episode. She was on stage with Chuck Norris! That makes Serana even more epic :D
  2. Grim 0

Grim 0 New Member

I absolutely Love Serana, for all the above mentioned reasons as well as the fact that she is voiced by Laura Bailey, who I have adored since discovering her when she voiced Bloodrayne. Met her once too, at the Kawaii Kon 2009 in Hawaii. But I understand why they didn't make her marriageable, they didn't want a repeat of Aela. She was a strong werewold huntress, then you marry her, and she's all domesticated and toned down, but if they do make Serana marriageable, they've got to keep Serana the same, not domesticated. I wish we could marry Injard, the Dawnguard Warrior. Or even Karita from the Dawnstar Tavern, since she's got the most gorgeous voice out of all the bards, even better than Panrea, who claims to be the best *rolls eyes*

Also, I'm having trouble getting the dialog option to propose to Serana, as posted on UESP, they say it can only be done after completing "Beyond Death" But I've never gotten the option. I make Let's Plays and I want to showcase her rejecting the offer, and I've yet to find a clip of it on youtube. Anyone know the exact specifics of getting the option? I got the Amulet of Mara equipped when I talk to her, but nothing.
  3. Janus3003

Janus3003 Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Pretty sure you can marry Ingjard, actually (who I honestly find much more attractive than Serana). I got it to work in two ways-
    1) Using my main (who joined the Dawnguard), I used the console to reset his marriage and restart the quest. Ingjard commented on the Amulet of Mara, but "Interested in me?" didn't show up as a dialogue option. However, the same happened with other marriageable NPCs, so I think it had to do with something I overlooked when resetting the quest.
    2) Using another character (who hasn't married anyone) I used the console to place Ingjard in front of me, but since I hadn't joined the Dawnguard, she wouldn't say much. Used the console to put her relationship at 4 (required for followers), she noticed the Amulet of Mara (and was available as a follower), and we got married. :D
  4. Grim 0

Grim 0 New Member

Marrying Ingjard is not my main concern, and mind you, I'm on Xbox. And you can't marry Ingjard anyway.
  5. Hellfyre

Hellfyre New Member

Maybe Bethesda will make her marriageable before the release to PC and PS3[/quote]

So like basically make some sort of patch that puts her in the marriage list before PC and PS3 release?? :D
  6. Hellfyre

Hellfyre New Member

cause they're trolls :mad:
    • Like Like x 1
    Che likes this.
  7. Hellfyre

Hellfyre New Member

Maybe, but i doubt it cause you can already cure her for vampirism and i don't know if its planned but maybe after all these complaints from the consumers they might do something about it.
    1) Release a patch that allows the marriage before the PC and PS3 version are released
    2) Decide to do something about it, possibly make her her own DLC, because of all these complaints like you believe.
    But who knows. Right? Maybe there pulling an EA's Mass Effect 3 Ending on us!
  8. KC95

KC95 Member

Serana is perfect. It is so unfair.

And like others have said, she was the first NPC I bonded with, during Prophet. I actually didn't fast travel this one too music. At first I would make her walk out during the day but then I felt bad about her discomfort so we started traveling strictly at night. We became regular party girls at the Winking Skeever. Good times. If my character wasn't an elitist selfish evil High Elf, it would have ruined the RP.
  9. Hellfyre

Hellfyre New Member

oh wow...uhmm... you seem extremly attatched... ._.
  10. KC95

KC95 Member

Haha not really. I just like coming up with stories for my characters. And Serana was the first follower that didn't annoy me. I rarely use them and think my characters are too good to need help.
  11. Conn08

Conn08 New Member

Hey guys, i figured out how to marry her, basically you need to use the creation kit to change her voice to that of a standard female nord, then add her to the potentialmarriagefaction or whatever its called, worked for me, dont forget to change her voice back once you have married her though. For some reason only certain voice types are allowed to be married, hence why you cant marry a kajhit
  12. Janus3003

Probably has to do with what voices they actually recorded marriage dialogue for.
  13. Tania the Nord

Tania the Nord New Member

Well, I really doubt that Bethesda will make Serana available for marriage simply because they haven't recorded any voice lines for marriage (but they did think of marriage, that's why she said she didn't like temples). I guess it would be highly expensive to hire the actress & studio to record few lines again just to satisfy desperate players (me included).

Bethesda made this intentionally - yes, you can really get close to Serana and there's no one on Tamriel that knows her better than you and with nobody else you can be more intimate, but in order not to brake your special relationship, you cannot marry her. Not in the usual way, temples, making dinner, staying at home... because she's really unique. And, you cannot have everything.
    We'll see. Personally, I'm glad I helped her cure of vampirism and made her breathe like human again. You can see the relief and gratitude on her.
  14. Janus3003

I'm pretty sure I messed up the cure, since I mentioned it as early as I could.
    Honestly, Serana was cool, but I probably won't have her following me around anymore. Maybe she and Isran will hook up while I'm off on my merry adventures.
  15. pidgeoneyepete

pidgeoneyepete Member

I just want to say to those saying they need to add marriage to serana for roleplay purposes to please stop using the term roleplay since you obviously don't know how to properly use it. Roleplaying is in your head, it comes from your imagination. One of my skyrim chars is married to Serana, if you "need" an official bethesda programmed wedding to in order to imagine this, then you are not a roleplayer. Thank you, go ahead and let the hate commence, I don't care.
  16. Che

Che New Member

I blame the Imperials...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. pidgeoneyepete

pidgeoneyepete Member

It would be a dumb move for bethesda to make her marriable, her character is what makes her interesting, physically she is supernaturally stronger and faster than any human or elf. But due to her upbringing she is also emotionally broken. Her parents didn't really care about her and they craved power so much they coerced her into doing unspeaking attrocities with the daedric lord of domination and enslavement Molag Bal. She probably doesn't even understand what a relationship truly is, she has never had a proper one in the thousands of years that she has been around.
    But hey, who cares if it fits her character or not, let us marry the hot chick, thats really what matters here right, shes the hottest of the followers.
  18. DarK StaR

DarK StaR Member

I doubt its true but i heard that if you cure her that you can marry her but i dont know has anyone else heard that
  19. Toralf Snow-Song

Toralf Snow-Song Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid

I'll have to test this on my Dawnguard ranger, probably a weightless rumor, but worth trying.
  20. Sean

Sean lost somewhere

I looked through the dialogue to find out what dialogue to take to listen to the line (couldn't figure it out), but it isn't true. Those lines don't exist, the only way to marry her would be to change her voice to a normal nord voice, go through the marriage part, then disable the plugin so her voice goes back to normal.

I still don't know what dialogue to follow through, and what not to do. I just want to listen to those lines in my game, WHY IS THAT SO HARD? (lol)