1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by Mathiark, Jun 27, 2012.

1. xiblueshadowix

xiblueshadowix New Member

Serena is certainly by far the most well developed character in skyrim and is the best candidate for a wife in skyrim. she has an amazing personality, great background story and when you play through dawnguard with her you actually feel an emotional bond growing between you and her and a sense of trust. she is not mariable however Bethesda are by far not stupid. for them to not let you marry her is a sign of stupidity considering that thousands of fans have been disappointed by the fact that you cant marry her and ignoring this would certainly be stupid. therefore in my personal opinion this suggests that Bethesda have got something planned. maybe a new quest line involving Serena? after all she as a character has been such a great success in dawnguard that Bethesda feel they should centre an entire patch or possibly DLC around her? time will tell however its such an obvious thing that Serena should be mariable therefore I feel that an entire company couldn't have possibly overlooked that! that leads to only two possible conclusions. 1. Bethesda is trolling us however its a mistake as it upsets a lot of fans. 2. which is likely, they have something in store for us to do with Serena. maybe a new DLC? quest line? maybe at the end you can marry her? maybe she dies dramatically? maybe she decides she doesn't want to be a vampire any more? maybe the quest line mgiht involve her trying to escape molag bal's grasp and curing herself so you might have to defy a deadra lord which could potentially have a juicy storline Bethesda can take advantage of. i don't know, these are just my opinions and speculations. its a matter down and open to debate however I just wanted to share the idea to the community that not being able to marry Serena is deliberate and maybe Bethesda are just holding back on us for now.
  2. Sen5esFail

Sen5esFail Member

People keep asking for a patch to marry her...Why not just have it be part of the next DLC? It doesn't have to mesh with the story line of the next dlc, it could just be like a side addition. I say this because i've heard patching dlc can't work. Hell, I bet if they came out with a "Marry Serana" DLC it would sell like crazy. LOL
  3. Scarefire EU

Scarefire EU Member

Maybe the patch comes without the dlc?
  4. Scarefire EU

Scarefire EU Member

or with the the new dlc
  5. Zer0powa

Zer0powa Member

Yeah agreed
    [​IMG]
  6. Old Sub Sailor

Old Sub Sailor New Member

I also "like" her.
    On a side note, when heading for the final shrine; glacial crevice, I used the wait here command while I went ahead to disarm some traps. When I went back to her, the usual follow me option was not there. A Bug perhaps?
  7. edge

edge Member

My personal favorite spouse is aela because she is a follower, you have history with her, shes attractive, and she a werewolf which is pretty epic
  8. DeadxTime

DeadxTime New Member

Aela is the best marriage option currently but it would be neat if Bethesda made a patch or something that gave more marriage options.
  9. Osena

Osena Member

they need better women to marry any why like idgrod the younger
  10. DeadxTime

DeadxTime New Member

I agree they need more options for marriage. As well as to expand it like having a kid (dosn't have to have a sex scene the screen can cut to black), have him/her open a real shop, being able to give them gifts, or how about actually kissing haha.
  11. Jeremius

Jeremius Knight of Tamriel

i'd take ingun myself but i'm not picky :)
    • Like Like x 1
    Osena likes this.
  12. Tiberus Septim IV

Tiberus Septim IV Member

13. Generally Crappy

Generally Crappy Member in Good Standing of House Redoran

I think the problem with making Serana an option for marriage, is the fact that it transforms her from one of the most well developed characters in both Skyrim, and other Elder Scrolls games, into a "GIVE ME HOMECOOKED MEALS AND MONEY" basic wife. I would rather have her stay as the vampire and awesome follower, than the boring wife.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Oddball

That is a good point.. Though maybe in the future they could change some marriage options and such. Like some people have said, have a kid, or actually kiss :/ Meh, who knows. But like with some spouses, you can bring them along on the journey. But I get your point. Serana isn't really the "Sure, here is your homecooked meal, and some hard earned money, you need anything else hun?" Nah, she seems more of an action, go-getter kinda girl. :/
  15. Osena

Osena Member

I agree i hade forgot about Ingun
  16. Humbungala

Humbungala Active Member

you cant remarry I hope you know that
  17. kdude63

kdude63 New Member

Only 150 hours?... Pfft.
  18. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

I want to marry both Ingun and Serana :) I want 'em both to be my wives :)
  19. lilcooldude69

lilcooldude69 Member

The voice actors name is Laura Baily, for that one guy that was wondering..she does a range of voice acting, from Kid Trunks in Dragonball Z, to Lust in Full metal Alchemist as well as Macha on Soul Eater. her voice is really sexy ;) imo.
  20. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

[​IMG]
    Horus future queen but for now hes going to spend the next hundred of years getting to know his queen to be with endless adventures, and so on ;)