Serana has disappeared

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lynniekinz

It happened after I had told her to wait in my house. There was a bit of traveling done after that, and then I returned to ask her to follow me again. She simply was no where to be found. I checked the dawnguard fort, waited for weeks, nothing. Then I decide to get a steward for my house, and a notification pops up that my follower left my service. Between the time I had told her to wait, and the time I got that steward, I had traveled everywhere to see if she would show up. Again, nothing. Now, I have managed to get two other filler followers without an issue, but Serana is not in any of the places that have been suggested so far.

I'll also note that my game has been one of the glitchiest games to be played on this xbox. The Synod researcher in Mzulft ha glitched into normal dialogue and refuses to die. Thus, I cannot finish the college questline.

Any insight on the Serana issue would be nice, I'm not so concerned about Mzulft.

Thanks! x.x

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
It happened after I had told her to wait in my house. There was a bit of traveling done after that, and then I returned to ask her to follow me again. She simply was no where to be found. I checked the dawnguard fort, waited for weeks, nothing. Then I decide to get a steward for my house, and a notification pops up that my follower left my service. Between the time I had told her to wait, and the time I got that steward, I had traveled everywhere to see if she would show up. Again, nothing. Now, I have managed to get two other filler followers without an issue, but Serana is not in any of the places that have been suggested so far.

I'll also note that my game has been one of the glitchiest games to be played on this xbox. The Synod researcher in Mzulft ha glitched into normal dialogue and refuses to die. Thus, I cannot finish the college questline.

Any insight on the Serana issue would be nice, I'm not so concerned about Mzulft.

Thanks! x.x
try the entrance to darkfalll cave

JClarke1953

How far back in your saves can you go? Are willing to go? If you can, try Mzulft again.

Have you tried the Castle? Valerica's Alchemy/Enchant workplace where the Soul Cairn is?

I also have another question, how did you download the DLC's into your XBox? That in itself may be the problem, as there is a specific way for that to more or less reduce the glitches.

Lynniekinz

I myself did not download the DLC's, it is my boyfriend's xbox, therefore he had the content before I even started playing Skyrim.

As for the saves, I have gotten to far into the game to go back in them. I did contemplate doing so, however my boyfriend strongly suggested against it, because I would lose so many levels of progress. Also, yes, I did try Valerica's chamber, as well as the entire castle.

I believe that she may have glitched entirely out of my game, since she had gone missing before I got the notification that she had left my service. If such is the case, then I'm not sure if there is even a way to fix it....

TJ0331

Nords forever
She might be back at fort dawngaurd or the castle. If you have followers wait for too long it can happen.

Lynniekinz

"I checked the dawnguard fort, waited for weeks, nothing. Then I decide to get a steward for my house, and a notification pops up that my follower left my service."

I've visited the Dawnguard several times before and after she went missing. I still have not seen her anywhere. I had gone there before and gotten her, I know she would be there, but she's just not.

Pyronecromancer

Thanks! x.x
Something I discovered recently to avoid this. If you want her to wait, travel to fort dawnguard and dismiss her when you get inside and she'll just hang around in there.