Spoiler Serana getting stuck in 'vampire drain' mode

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Slow Rider

Apologies if duplicate, I searched for a minute or two and didn't see this covered.

Serana and I were kicking a little rear in the Soul Cairn while trying to retrieve the horse's skull, and she got stuck in what I call the 'vampire drain' mode, where she has an outstretched hand and is drawing life force from her opponent.

The trouble is, all of our opponents were dead. I slapped her around for awhile to try to get her to stop but no dice. (Although come to think of it, I didn't "Unrelenting Force" her halfway across the Cairn, I'll try that next time.)

Anyway, it's happened twice now, and I've had to reload earlier saves each time. Aside from the UF experiment I just had an epiphany on and will try, has anyone experienced this and were they able to solve it?

Tezza08

I have been having this issue too although its not always "Vampire Drain" mode, sometimes she just wont put her spells away and just stares into the distance like shes expecting something to come around the corner. I tried Unrelenting force and that just knocked her around a bit but didn't make her move.

I did however manage to get her moving again. I'm playing a Spell caster style class and I'm not sure if melee hits or spells make a difference but, I fire bolted her until she was almost dead and after that she began to follow again, and so far there has been no issues of her going into "Vampire Drain" mode anymore and even if she dose i suppose a few Fire Bolts should do the trick.

Hopefully this could be of some help to you... Good Luck :)

JClarke1953

Serana & I mostly use Ice Spear's to take care of our opponents, and ofttimes she's toss in a few Thunderbolts. The crackling from her finger's from using that cast continues even after the fight is over.

Thing is, I find the sound "calming", letting me know she is near, watching my 6.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts