Screwed up Theives Guild quest!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nahtika

This is a bit of a last resort for me, I signed up to Skyrim Forums in the hope that there was a way around my problem!

I was doing the quest where you have to collect the debts from Bersi Honey-Hand, Haelga and the Argonian whom I've forgotten the name of.. and I've royally screwed it, it seems.

The thing is, I accidentally punched Bersi, which caused him to turn hostile and whip out a dagger. Seeing as I can't kill him, I left his shop. But, he was trying to kill ME and so the guards jumped on both him and his wife and killed them both! I tried looting Bersi but I couldn't see 100 Gold on him so I left, thinking it wasn't a problem and I would be able to tell Brynjolf that he was dead. I couldn't, so I went and smashed his urn to see if that did anything. When it didn't I just left (stupidly) and did a tonne of other missions before coming back and trying to loot the debt out of his coffin in the Hall of the Dead (I knew it was his because it had the 'Pawned Prawn' key in it. I also found his wife.) but despite looting everything, and then going to his shop and looting anything worth it there, the quest is still just hanging there, telling me to 'Collect Bersi Honey-Hand's Debt' and all I can say to Brynjolf is ''I have Haelga's Debt" or "Anything you can tell me about Bersi?".

I play on ps3 so console commands aren't an option for me, neither is loading back because I will lose about 15 levels. I'm really hoping that there's a way around this but hours of googling hasn't helped me so I guess I've lost hope... :sadface:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Sorry but there's nothing you can do in your situation.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
You tried to loot his corpse in the Hall of the Dead? Have you NO shame? Mind, you're the kind of person that hits shopkeepers for nothng. :D. Serious though. I feel for you. It's frustrating how one little accident can basically ruin a whole questline. They maybe should have made provision for this, by offering the opportunity to apologise to this bloke, but then I suppose it would have been a lot to build this into so many characters. It's for this reason, that I save very frequently and ALWAYS when I have just been given a quest.

Truthslayer

I also killed bersi. When I went bacrazy to brynjoff he told me their debts were mine is just stole the statue of Debella and broke bersis urn and stole the money from his small chest in his bedroom and brynjoff accepted it and removed three hundred gold and that was it he let it go now I'm a member

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts