Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Martin Robe

that moment when your game freezes at the loading screen, right after you finish off an insanely hard dungeon :[ Oh, and those Chaurus reapers. they still scare the living hell out of me.

StellaLuna

Falmer. Just... just Falmer.

I remember the first time I encountered one was in the Thieves Guild quest. I was with Brynjolf and Karliah and were sneaking about, exploring the ruins. Just then I turned around and I see one lone Falmer slowly inching towards Brynjolf, weapon raised. It seriously looked like he was sneaking towards him to stab him in the back. I just watched it, stunned for a bit cus wtf, before I attacked it.

Another Falmer experience :| I thought I cleared a room and was happily looting a table, I turn around, and there I was, face to face with one of those mutated Gollum abominations. I just freaked out.

I guess I have a love/hate relationship with them. I mean, they're so easy to sneak up on kill but they're creepy as fluff. Even worse, the backstory for them...

And yeah, Dwemer ruins in general. I mean, what happened to these people. I loved exploring the one tied in with the main questline. When you slowly put together what happened to the excavators. It felt like exploring one of the vaults in Fallout. Let's just say, the insane, trapped in god knows where with no supplies, Skooma addicted Khajit and his brother (who he murdered) were the lucky ones...

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
First time I met Falmer and Chaurusi in a Companions quest.
Had to leave and come back ten levels later.

StellaLuna - know how you feel.:confused:

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Two really good ones recently.

I was in... Dawnstar? Winterhold? I think Winterhold. Anyway, a man stops me and ask me if I've seen anyone go in or out of the house he's standing at. Some conversation later, we go in together... and head to the basement... and now I'm playing a horror game instead of a fantasy RPG. I was looking for twitchy zombie nurses, I tell ya. Had the adrenaline going.
That was Markarth bro

Epic Keith

Well mine was at Shearpoint. I defeated the dragon pretty quick so I went to get my reward. As I neared the wall, I noticed, three words were glowing so I was like, "Oh sweet!!!"
I didn't even notice the coffin right next to it. And I walked, the coffin popped open. I was like, "Oh, a Draugr? doesn't matter"
When suddenly, a DRAGON PRIEST LEVITATES FROM THE COFFIN! (It was my first and I read on UESP how they were kinda badass)
Luckily for me, the guy only noticed Lydia and Shadowmere so he was beating them up. It was good enough for me to go and hack at him.

Another was in Whiterun Catacombs. This guy wants me to fetch his amulet and won't go himself cuz he's a chicken. Those skeletons walking around were pretty scary! I had to switch to 3rd person view to make sure I don't get scared. But I got to get some loot too from the coffins

huh well I did not exactly have scary moments maybe one or two but maybe these aren't scary to you people
  • Running into your first giant
  • Hiding in the nightmother's coffin
  • Running into a falmer for the first time when you don't know its been following you for awhile now and when you turn around its right there really close and you can see that it has no eyes
  • getting attacked from behind by a Dragon.
  • Figthing Mecer Frey. Had no idea where he was most of the time and not knowing where an enemy is scares me

Figthing Mecer Frey. Had no idea where he was most of the time and not knowing where an enemy is scares me.
Flames. If they're on fire, you can see them, and they're taking damage. You can also use fire rune/wall defensively, so he can't get to you. Works on others who turn invisible, like Vampires too.

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
Ha, I put off doing this quest that involved clearing some necromancer cave and did it yesterday. I think it was, the boy who cried wolf? idk. Well, When I discovered the cave this creepy music started and 5 skeletons ran at me. :/

Rhubarb&Custard

I wouldn't define it as my "scariest" moment, but when I stopped off at Honeyside to drop some books and other useless junk off, I went downstairs to notice that one of the mannequins had moved a good foot away from its stand. I was like :eek: "WEEPING ANGELS ARE IN THIS GAME?!!/!!?!?!! Q~Q" and then I went back out and did continued on my way.

Also the Daedric Quest in Markath is super creepy too.

Epic Keith

huh well I did not exactly have scary moments maybe one or two but maybe these aren't scary to you people
  • Running into your first giant
  • Hiding in the nightmother's coffin
  • Running into a falmer for the first time when you don't know its been following you for awhile now and when you turn around its right there really close and you can see that it has no eyes
  • getting attacked from behind by a Dragon.
  • Figthing Mecer Frey. Had no idea where he was most of the time and not knowing where an enemy is scares me

Mercer was easy for me. Just chased his outline. Seeing invissies ain't so hard. Plus, my sword was fire enchanted

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Dragon attack. Thing landed behind me and ate me. It surprised the hell out of me since the music never triggered. Also once I was clearing a dungeon when SURPRISE vampire resurrected everybody in the room I had just cleared and they attacked me out of nowhere. I was like "I'm a stealth character I don't fight groups head on" then I got hit by a fireball out of wall. Not a trap just a glitch. I was terrified.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
While nothing in Skyrim really "scared" me, one thing made me think I was gonna get scared plopsless.

Molag Bal's quest.

It was fun, I loved it. But when I first started doing the quest I thought something fluffed up and scary was gonna happen, like I was gonna see a look alike of that girl from the Exorcist and I prepared my pants for the plopsting. But nothing had been shat, I in fact, enjoyed the quest, very much. Alot of dark and kinda scary things in Skyrim don't really scare me, but interest me. For instance, the Necromantic altar in the Hjerim house during the Blood on the Ice quest, looked fluffin awesome in my opinion, whilst others would have pissed upon the floor through their trousers.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Only one other person in this thread thought the quest where you clear out the cave with all the Hagraven was scary? They sound demonic and are powerful! (also play with a headset so it's loud and in the dark)

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Dragur. The second your in a dungeon and you hear the "argggggg" I'm like "Oh snap I just ticked off a stupid Draugar!

Rhubarb&Custard

Dragur. The second your in a dungeon and you hear the "argggggg" I'm like "Oh snap I just ticked off a stupid Draugar!
Get a silver sword, they go down like a knife through butter with one of those. :D

The Molag-Bol quest scared me a little bit too. I didn't even take the artefact, wish I did now, I just left it lying in a draw or a chest in that house.

The DB quest where you have to hide inside the Dark Mother's coffin and you're just sitting there staring at this hideous dead body and you're like :eek: when she starts talking glowing at you. I wanted out of there so bad. XD

edge

Mine was being chased by a mammoth on my mage build with no stamina and no magicka, and when i thought it couldnt get scarier, a dragon picks up the mammoth and sends it flying. Then it landed and started attacking me. Then, me and a giant worked together to kill it. After the dragon died, thinking me and the giant were buddies i just turned around and headed to morthal. Then after a few steps i heard this huge banging. I turned around to a giant club that sent me sky high

Epic Keith

Better then a silver sword, DAWNBREAKER! Don't use it if you're a vampire or you'll get hurt too. But the dawnbreaker quest was hard at the end!
Get a silver sword, they go down like a knife through butter with one of those. :D

The Molag-Bol quest scared me a little bit too. I didn't even take the artefact, wish I did now, I just left it lying in a draw or a chest in that house.

The DB quest where you have to hide inside the Dark Mother's coffin and you're just sitting there staring at this hideous dead body and you're like :eek: when she starts talking glowing at you. I wanted out of there so bad. XD
YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE MACE?!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts