Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

doc108

Many things in this game make me jump. First Dwarven Centurion. Every single trap I blunder into. Dwemer ruins in general.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Falmer always get me, they appear from those little shoots near the top of the walls. So if you progress without all due caution, you've suddenly got one behind you. The same goes for dwarven contraptions that appear from their little tubes. But they usually clank around, so they don't take me by surprise.

I was outside of Riften stables, visiting Frost and Shadowmere when a dragon attacked. I hit it with Dragonrend, and oddly it went all the way across the lake, far out of sight I presume to land. I figured it was well and gone, after a few minutes gazing across the misty waters, so I sheathed my sword, canceled my ward spell and turned to leave.

Suddenly I heard a *FLAP!*, I turned around just in time to see the dragon had returned, passing over my head in a dive bomb so low Kalin could have reached up her hand and touched its belly scales. Not scary, but definitely thrilling.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Clearing out the cave with all the Hagraven in the Companions questline. I play with a headset on high volume and it was in the dark. I literally thought demons were in my head. They sound so scary and I was in an area with at least 5 of them. By far my scariest experience,

nacman99

i have some nasty experiences:

1.fighting hagraven covens. they are very nasty and their hideouts are full of goat heads and black magic stuff.

2.fighting a wisp mother for the firt time. you are just walking in the woods and you see a tiny ball of light, you follow it, more start to appear, and all of the sudden a spirit of a woman surrounded by ice starts attacking you with different types of ice magic.

3.visiting the house of markarth (the haunted house) and the one in windhelm (the lair of the murderer).

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
My new char on master at lvl1, Alter no armor, nothing but what you start with, no followers.

Heading straight for Fort Amol at lvl 1, knowing even a wolf could kill me. Running and dodging mages, a bear, packs of wolves, bandits. It took over an hour to get there (and get the spell book), and it was only afterwards I realised I was sweating buckets, and my grip had been so tight on the controller, I had a real `white knuckler`.

Now that's an hour of tension and fear I won't miss ;)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
My new char on master at lvl1, Alter no armor, nothing but what you start with, no followers.

Heading straight for Fort Amol at lvl 1, knowing even a wolf could kill me. Running and dodging mages, a bear, packs of wolves, bandits. It took over an hour to get there (and get the spell book), and it was only afterwards I realised I was sweating buckets, and my grip had been so tight on the controller, I had a real `white knuckler`.

Now that's an hour of tension and fear I won't miss ;)

Isn't it funny how we get so into the game that we panic like that? :p Makes you wonder how well we'd do if that kind of stuff was reality...

For me, it was when I was running around Blackreach, and came over a hill to see a veritable army of Wistmothers/Shades/Whisps. I couldn't count them all, and didn't get close enough to see if it was just one Mama that summoned the rest. I was running the Ice Storm/Flaming Familiar combo, half of which they're all immune to, so I hunkered down behind some cover, and sent my little fireball on legs to thin them out. I got a lot of Conjuration experience, but they just kept making more, so eventually, I kited them over to Falmertown, then went to find some reinforcements. A wandering giant, and 2 Steam Centurions helped a lot, so eventually, I could mop up, and go onto Mzark. Took the better part of an hour, the whole time white knuckle, and borderline panic attack. I survived, though, and was glad for the experience afterwards. Times like those are what I play for.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The scariest moment for me was when I was in the process of doing the forsworn conspiracy quest where I went inside Nepos the Nose house. He rambles on essentially confessing to me what he did. At the end of the discussion he tells me that I won't be leaving the house alive. That was a teeth grinding moment. I must confess that it gave me a temporary palpitations, since I was heavily involved in my RP.

DarkEastwood

One thing I sometimes do to add more scary moments, is to turn the music completely off. it increases immersion, while also making a lot of attack totally unexpected (dragons flying right overhead is frightening, to say the least) since there's no battle music to alert you. But I can see why some people wouldn't enjoy it, since the music in this game is fantastic.

Xivia4

Chaurus. The sounds they make are actually more frightening than the draugrs.

Of course my girl is at level 61 and I finally stumbled upon the Lighthouse quest and man was that scary as hell. I totally forgot about that quest too so it scared the hell out of me as if I was seeing it for the first time.

Savv

Official Falmer Hater
Most of my good ones involve the dark brotherhood. Maybe when you start talking to A DOOR with a whispering voice, and the first time the Night Mother talked to me. Maybe when I saw her corpse too. :0

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
Chaurus encounters, namely when I ran into one on my way to Ustengrav. Until then I thought they were dwemer ruins/underground exclusive.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
My scariest experience in Skyrim would have to be when I thought I lost the 47,000 Septims I was carrying around for some odd reason. Luckily I had given them to my ex-companion Lydia when I was trading things with her. Definitely dodged a bullet there.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
First dragon priest encounter.
:eek::eek::eek:

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Bears are the scariest to me. It just makes it more suspenseful when it's something that could actually be around the corner in real life.

Pileggi

The SECOND time I saw the ''traveler'' in the new dawnguard DLC really scared the crap out of me. Because I knew what he was, unlike the first time when I thought he was...well...a traveler!

Also when I was looking for a vampire in the jarls hut in falkreath I saw my first mounted goats head (after 300 hours of play and around 4 characters!). They are so HIDEOUS to look at, I've no idea why anyone would want to keep one as a trophy. I honestly thought the goats head was some crazy demon/undead summoned by the vampire for half a second until I realised it what it was!

Maybe the dialog from those soul cairn spirits. They have been there for god knows how long, are tortured and depressed. All they do in matter of action is tell me to leave, as fast as I can.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
So what's the deal with these scary goats/goats heads? Haven't heard anything about them or seen them before

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts