Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Onyx

freaking house had me jumping all over the place! but after all it was preety awesome
Jumped outta my chair when I opened the closet (expecting the inventory screen to open)...I am such a Baby :p

Annabd

Anna
By
Is it part of a quest or just an area?
By the lighthouse, I assume you mean the one northeast of Solitude. I believe there is a quest related to that. I think you get it from an Argonian either on the dock or somewhere near the gate (ugh city layouts are so confusing).

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
First death by bear. I looked at him while in sneak mode and somehow he turned around and BOLTED towards me. He didn't give up until my carcass was left. Damn thing.

NoVa

Bossmer
The first time I came across a Draugr popping out of a closed crypt I had the volume up so loud that I hopped a couple inches off the ground. My roommate laughed his ass off..

nick2000

damn honeyside in riften....those mannequins are everywhere.
when i shout in the city and the guards follow me to tell me to stop the shouting, i try to run away because they look evil with the masks and shields.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Hmm, the haunted house in Markarth was pretty creepy, but I got a nifty weapon out of it, so no complaints.

My biggest "oh pl*ps" moment was early in my first playthrough (I think I was only about level 10). I stumbled across a ruin, decided to explore, nearly got killed several times and was completely out of potions, but emerged feeling like I was the queen of ass-kicking...until a dragon priest appeared and started shooting ice spikes at me! I'm not ashamed to say I ran!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
A couple of more for me

- Entering a possesed house in Markath I think
- Entering the houseo of a killer in Winterhold (I think, the Stormcloaks main base)
- Hiding in a coffin with the mumified remains of an ancient evil...that freaked me out have to admit

I have to agree on the coffin.. having to get in there with the decayed corpse was creepy and repulsive to say the least! As it should be, since we're talking about the Dark Brotherhood ;)

The house of a killer, you must mean Windhelm?

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
damn honeyside in riften....those mannequins are everywhere.
when i shout in the city and the guards follow me to tell me to stop the shouting, i try to run away because they look evil with the masks and shields.

I agree the mannequins in Honeyside scared the crap outta me to the point where I yelled out loud. Lol very nasty glitch.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Exploring a Dwemer ruin with my brightness turned way down, couldn't see anything past the little light circle around me from candlelight, turn around to face a hallway I ALREADY CLEARED, and 3 falmer are right in my face, nearly fell out of my chair! Even worse, my candlelight ran out within seconds of engaging in combat, I barely escaped with my life!

Desmodus

The first time I ever properly explored a Dwemer ruin.
After killing the target for the first proper DB quest, (the one where you have to kill that woman's bandit husband) I decided to delve deeper into the dungeon before I left, hoping to find a few pieces of Dwemer armour. Just past the gate/fence/thing, I found a Dwemer cuirass in a chest. I took it, but I didn't have enough

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
First playthrough. Frost troll on the way to High Hrothgar, at low level.

And the first time I was attacked by a chaurus, which proceeded to rip me to shreds at APPRENTICE (!) difficulty.

Also, when I was attacked by two snow bears outside of Winterhold.

ghost311

Slice
When one of those dwemer spiders jumped out of a pipe in front me i jumped, And when i was near dawnstar one of those sabre tooth things i thought i was sneaking perfectly until i got passed it turned around then he got in my face

Vspin101

By
By the lighthouse, I assume you mean the one northeast of Solitude. I believe there is a quest related to that. I think you get it from an Argonian either on the dock or somewhere near the gate (ugh city layouts are so confusing).
No there is another one you have to find by exploring, i don't want to give any spoilers away but it was really creepy for me because it caught me off guard and i hadn't encountered that type of enemy yet...

Anyway i really don't like going under the College of Winterhold it's just so cold, dark, and silent with random skeletons and blood stains everywhere

TropicalHumus

Honestly mine would have to be selecting the flashing orb in Kagrenzel, a bit north of Riften, scariest plops ever when you fall

Windcutter

Screw the rules, I have money!
I got really creeped out when I met the members of the Namira coven for the first time...

Also, there was this one time outside Markarth stables or something when two dragons thought it would be funny to attack me at the same time, but the scariest part was that a third dragon was soaring around the mountain nearby. It was dangerously close xD

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
The Abandon House in Markarth. Molag Bal gave the creeps. Also, Cicero from the DB. He was just psycho. Everything he said made my skin scrawl. Being trapped in the coffin with the Nigh Mother and hearing her talk to you. Her voice...

The little girl's ghost in the Burned House in Morthal caught me off guard. Watching Alva sleep in her coffin and Laelette the Vampire standing over the little girls grave. Disturbing moments.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Had a pretty creepy experience just this morning. I was making my way through a Dwemer ruin when a strange clanking sound started up. I surveyed the area, but didn't see any Spiders or Spheres or anything else. So I kept walking, but—clank, clank, clank. It was getting louder, so I thought I was getting closer to whatever it was, but I still couldn't see any enemies. And it just kept going—clank, clank, clank. And then I realized: it's behind me. I turned around to see a Dwarven Centurion looming above me, bounding closer with those clank, clank, clanking footsteps. I actually let out a little yelp, I was so startled and freaked out!

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
The Riverside Shack somewhere near Whiterun.
Ran up there expecting sleeping bandits, instead a sabre cat leaping up at me about 0.3 centimeters from my face.

I was once traversing some dwemer ruins when my phone rang, so i got distracted. While i was talking, i kept walking onward, and when i turned a corner a falmer suddenly was in my face! It was the first time i encountered them, and since he was in my face, i almost slammed my mouse to pieces.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts