Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
SPOILER!!!!
My scariest moment was during the Dragonborn questline, when you go to Raven Rock mine and that Zahkriisos priest guy was down there, I didn't know he was there and when he appeared, even though I was level 40 he kicked my butt! I ran out of there screaming bloody murder!

Gowsh

Old Fart
The bit when your wandering around near Falkreath and you come to a door named 'The Black Door' is really creepy. This weird ghostly voice comes out of nowhere and your like 'wtf!?' and it asks you what is the music of life? I'm just like..errr...bye. I ran off like a girl. So strange and eery and..ohhh. Why is Skyrim so scary at times? :'(

The first time I heard that voice I was startled nearly out of my chair.

Of course, upon consideration, you'd think that a super-secret organization like the DB wouldn't put a sign on the door. :oops:

Gowsh

Old Fart
OK. I'm extremely embarrassed to admit this, being a big, badass Nord Dragonborn and all, but...

(I'm going to spoiler this for folks who haven't played Dragonborn yet)

The first couple of time that Rieklings popped out of barrels, I nearly soiled myself.

There. I said it. My reputation is besmirched for all time. :sadface:

Iveri Sarothil

OK. I'm extremely embarrassed to admit this, being a big, badass Nord Dragonborn and all, but...

(I'm going to spoiler this for folks who haven't played Dragonborn yet)

The first couple of time that Rieklings popped out of barrels, I nearly soiled myself.

There. I said it. My reputation is besmirched for all time. :sadface:

Oh, God, this.

I was on the phone with my friend when this happened - he'd been telling me about how annoying the Reiklings were, and most of that conversation was spent with my panicked, "You didn't tell me they exploded out of f***ing barrels!" Made worse because I was in sneak mode, expecting nothing.

Chadonraz

I was on my way back home from Mount Anthor, when a random Stormcloak courier appeared. The moment he spotted me, he made a 180. I had nothing better to do, so I started to follow him.
When we were passing through Wayward Pass, two Giants and a Mammoth suddenly spawned right in front of the courier. O.O
They attacked him right away, so I decided to flee while they were busy.

For me, the most "fraught" experience was an earlier character I had -- the standard stealth/ranged/light armor/assassin that everybody makes at first. I was also running RCRN Pure.

I picked up Meridia's Beacon, brought it to her shrine, and communed. Thought, "OK, this is awesome, I'm awesome, don't you worry, little lady, I'll have the baddies taken out real pronto."
And then I went inside.

My attack profile of "sneak everywhere" meant I couldn't use torches. Running RCRN Pure meant the only things I could see were unclean shades' glowing red eyes. The black fog meant I couldn't actually see the terrifying glowing redy eyes until they were about ten feet away from me.

That was a very exciting hour.

Chadonraz

A Snowy Sabre Cat attacked me when I was on my way to Rimerock Burrow with Barbas. The cat managed to hit me with that "claw, claw, claw" attack, leaving me with 10% health left. I'm playing on Adept, with standard Steel Armor, so I knew one more hit might very well kill me.
Luckily I managed to get far enough for the cat to attack Barbas instead, allowing me to heal myself. Unfortunately Barbas's bites did barely noticeable damage...

And then I heard someone shouting "Now you're mine!" from behind me.
If I hadn't had subtitles on, I would have seriously freaked out; thought that yet another of those groups with two Bandit Chiefs was about to attack when I was half-dead.
Fortunately I always have subs on, and I can honestly say I'd never been so relieved to see them. You see, it was not bandits who were approaching, but Vilkas and Ria, probably hunting that very Sabre Cat.

During those four or five minutes my heart must've been beating three times faster than normal. Definitely my scariest Skyrim experience so far.
But that's what I get for suddenly switching to Adept after having played on Novice since I got Skyrim, I guess. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts