Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Ok so we've had Hardest fights, all the awe moments and wtf moments so I thought there should be a thread about your scariest moments. There are quite a few undead in this game so there are bound to be some scarey stories.

Personally mine was at only low level and I was being chased by two quite difficult skeletons. I was able to hit a lever and lock the skeletons out behind a barred door. What I failed to notice was that I had run into a room with no other exit. Turning around I saw the skeletons at the door staring at me, one bashing on his shield threateningly. Talk about trapped.

Calcifer

Not necessarily a 'scary' moment, but I sure did jump when I discovered my first 'Pressure Plate' trap in Bleak Falls Barrow, those metal gates close so fast!
A 'scarier' moment would have been after I killed a dragon, when I turned around to proclaim to all of Skyrim how mighty I was, a giant stood before me, and before I had time to react, I got swatted like a fly!

Mindfux

the first time you meet Draugrs when that bandit runs deeper into that ruin, and they get up and kill him lol

or my first time in a dwemer ruin...the automations are creepy as plops in this game, the way they pop out of walls

SaveVsBedWet

Trekking an impossible distance South by Southwest to avoid a sabertooth that left my dignity in the weeds 5 times in a row on the way to get the Horn of Whatever as the last chore for the Greybeards only to rappel up the rocks miles from where I thought it hung out and pull over the ledge and have it less than 20' feet from me...just staring a hole in my psyche.

Has anyone here ever really taken time to examine how bad things have gotten when pushing off backwards from an 80' ledge in full armor with no potion or spell of Featherfall has become "The Wise Choice"?

I hate being "That Guy", but...the sabertooth in 10,000 B.C. was far cooler than this one.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
Now you have me interested...
same... for me the first pressure plate trap definitely got me a little rattled. also the very beginning of the dark brotherhood was kinda creepy haha

Touchstone

Two really good ones recently.

I was in... Dawnstar? Winterhold? I think Winterhold. Anyway, a man stops me and ask me if I've seen anyone go in or out of the house he's standing at. Some conversation later, we go in together... and head to the basement... and now I'm playing a horror game instead of a fantasy RPG. I was looking for twitchy zombie nurses, I tell ya. Had the adrenaline going.

Noodlerabbit88

I have had many scary moments... the first one ever was also amazing. It was my first pressure plate as well except it was this giant mammoth skull tehtered to some chains hurtling towards my face and throwing me to the back of the cave, oh my god!

Secondly was the second dragon I encountered, I was heading out to an area I knew there was a dragon, so I was being really quiet, sneaking and got to my desitnation... did what I had to do, came back out, heard the dragon again but fast travelled to a safe location. So now I'm relieved - then boom out of nowhere the blood dragon lands at my feet and blasts my head off with fire! Epic... My heart was racing.

Oddly enough I also find it scary when shop keepers follow you and you don't realise, you turn around and they're right behind you, talk about creepy!

Kasha

I have had many scary moments... the first one ever was also amazing. It was my first pressure plate as well except it was this giant mammoth skull tehtered to some chains hurtling towards my face and throwing me to the back of the cave, oh my god!

Secondly was the second dragon I encountered, I was heading out to an area I knew there was a dragon, so I was being really quiet, sneaking and got to my desitnation... did what I had to do, came back out, heard the dragon again but fast travelled to a safe location. So now I'm relieved - then boom out of nowhere the blood dragon lands at my feet and blasts my head off with fire! Epic... My heart was racing.

Oddly enough I also find it scary when shop keepers follow you and you don't realise, you turn around and they're right behind you, talk about creepy!

I know that cave, that scared me as well, i thought i had to fight it, for me its always dwemer ruins. whats this about a goat?

ToxicXAmbition

When travelling, about 20 ft away from me I saw a ghost version of me run. I could feel the hairs on my neck standing up saying OH pl*ps!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Running away from a giant underground last night, thought I lost it so I stopped to heal. Turned around and got smashed by a club. I nearly jumped out of my seat!

livingdeath62

one time in markarth this priest guy asked if i had seen anyone go in or out of a house. i said no and asked him if he needed any help, and he said yes he thought there was an evil spirit in the house so we went in.turns out there was an evil spirit, and he made all the cooking utensils in the room attack me and then he possessed the priest and he attacked me but i killed him and the pots n pans. the evil spirit told me to go downstairs into this cave, so i did and saw this rusty mace. the spirit trapped me in a cage and told me i had to go find a rival god's priest and bring him back or else hed haunt me and torture me to death. i went to some place in the mountains, found the priest, brought him back. the evil spirit trapped him in the cage, and i had to beat him to death with a rusty mace, twice. the spirit then consumed the rival priest's soul, gave me a +50% resistance to poison and disease for 12 hours, and an axe that does 21 dmg and applies a -5 hp per second for 10 second damage over time debuff.

i then walked away from that house feeling quite well.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Here are few of mine:

The first pressure plate gate slamming shut when I wasn't expecting it completely jostled me.

Going into a cave and trying to be super quiet in sneak mode when I see 2 frostbite spiders silently decend from the ceiling and land but 5 feet in front of me (I hate spiders).

I was following the path north of Solitude, just exploring with no real purpose. It reminded me of the woods in Little Red Riding hood, with the narrow path and the trees closing in on both sides, and the wind is blowing the snow around. I'm on my mount and I stop at a fork in the road and I'm trying to decide what path to take. When all of a sudden the forest around me comes to life as a huge dragon rears up from the woods directly beside me (he must have been sleeping). It scared the living day lights out of me...My horse and I booked it back towards Solitude with the dragon nipping at my heels. We must of outran it because of the cover because it gave up the pursuit but holy cow was my heart racing.

ChicN Freak

Chicken of the Third Reich
My friend was running away from a giant, and shooting arrows at it aswell, and as he was running the giant was grabbed by a dragon and lifted off into the air. The dragon flew away and he thought he was safe. THEN, he hears a noise right next to him! He swings arounds left and lets off a "whatever the knockback dragon shout is called" and sends this poor little puppy flying XD.

He never forgave himself and forced his charcter to jump off a cliff. :)

Quiksilver201

Hah all made me laugh... my first OH pl*** moment was when you cut down the A-hole who ends up running anyway..well i wasn't thinking when i got to the room and sprinted to him (having seen the demo a billion times knew what to do) then hearing from the man i was about to kill... i mean cut down say "KILL IT KILL IT". only to turn around with two huge fangs on my screen...insta adrenaline didn'e even need a potion for it just kinda got it

Onyx

There have been a few but the one that made me scream like a little girl is this one

Was running around the forest on my way to Riften...all well although I heard some strange noises but think it is just me as I am running. Then I turn around to check where my companion is and a bloody spider jumps are me! Damn I screamed and jumped out of my chair. I HATE spiders and they freak me the hell out normally but to be stalked by one and have it jump in my face when I least expected it....I can tell you I was checking my back constantly after that.....

Flamingtaco

Nothings been really scary so far, but meeting the falmer for the first time and a few deadric quests have been creepy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts