• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swordsmansmith

Just wondering what kind of save feature Skyrim will have? Will it be auto save or can you save at any time at your bed ect. RDR style?

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
It will most likely feature both auto saving and save on your own. In Oblivion it would save every time you enter a new area through a loading screen and you can pause whenever you want and save.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's notable to mention that when you die in the game, you are forced to load one of your savefile. It's not like RDR where you wake up in a bed

Swordsmansmith

So you could save before you walk into a dungeon and if you die in there just load your save file to start back at the entrance? Since you can save anytime?

Travis

Honestly, I hope it works a little differently in Skyrim. I think the save system in Oblivion made the game to forgiving. I'm not sure what the right solution is, but I think it is sort of cheap to be able to just save, whenever you want, and then just keep reloading with no consequences. Not that I'm not guilty of doing that myself, I just like it when a game can come up with something a little more balanced.

Swordsmansmith

I thought it might be like in RDR where you have diffrent rooms/houses where you can save ect. I think that would work in Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts