• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    So, with my involvement in RPs currently having slowed to a crawl, I've decided it may be time for me to take the reigns and start up my own RP. Thing is that these often become disorganized, with people stepping on toes and what-not. So I've decided to do things a lot differently for my own RP. First off, the group size for this is set, and the characters have constraints. (Huh what, Vix?). Simply put: I'm going to reveal a cast list of sorts, it'll have five stereotypes on it, and your character must fit in the constraint of that stereotype. I'm accepting 4 people for this (I'll take the fifth stereotype). I'll elaborate on this more later, but know that there is a lot that comes from your stereotype, and I challenge you to make it your own (I find rules, though restrictive, make people more creative anyway.

Before we go into more of what this involves, let's introduce our 5 types:
    1.The Leader - no gender restrictions, just a natural knack for leadership. Can be reluctant, but will be looked to in times of distress.
    2.The Jester - takes on a loose role, no gender restrictions and serves much of the comic relief.
    3.The Scholar - no gender restrictions, very intelligent, knows a lot.
    4. The Child - no gender restrictions, age must be younger than 15. They could be disturbed or overly mature, but have to be young in age.
    5. The Mother - not necessarily the mother of the child. Actually, please don't make her tied to other characters. Must be a female character. She can either have or have lost children.

Ok. So if I were going to apply for this RP, I'd look at the stereotypes, pick one, and write a character using those restraints. Pretty simple, most of them are pretty open ended and not too confining.

DISCLAIMER: These stereotypes are GENERAL characterizations, and should not be written towards. If I'm going for the mother, and I write up a character who is a mother, and is a great cook, and is the perfect wife, she's going to get ignored. Be original. Please.

Ok, so now you know why this is weird, let's divulge into some other rules before we begin talking about the RP.

1. No godmodding, no blah blah... (see other people's general rules).
    2. Be active, or be aware. If you know you're going on vacation in two weeks, tell everyone, and we'll get your character into a natural situation to leave the RP for a time. I hate when characters randomly drop.
    3. Communication is key. You have to not only be present in the thread where we're writing, but in this one. This one will be full of spoilering, future discussions, etc. etc. And fell free to open up discussions (read: PMs) with other people in the RP, just don't do anything without my permission first. (I usually will say yes).

Ok, so now that we've established all my not-so-fun rules, let's get at the RP itself.

General Facts:
    Setting: Skyrim, border of Cyrodiil
    Climate: Warm, temperate, area, fertile soil, unlike the tundra up north
    Timeframe: 100 years after the events of Oblivion, 100 years before the events of Skyrim
    Current Events: Don't matter (whut?)

The story:

"We are tired. We sit and watch. We sit and wait. We wait for the salvation of our gods, we wait for the relief of our lands. We wait and listen, listen to the sounds of metal and war as it begins to eat at us, turning the grass and harvests into wastelands and dust. We ask our lady for salvation. We receive only silence. So we turn to a more sinister force, we turn to something in the forests that hasn't yet awoken. Something dark. Something that will bring about the change we ask for."
    ~The trees

Ok, so let me give you a brief overview. When the RP starts, I'm deleting this for potential spoilers. Your characters will be going about their daily lives, be they normal or otherwise, when something from nature comes after them. Roots. For some reason these characters have been chosen by the trees, chosen as sacrifice to this dark force (which I'm not going to spoiler just yet) which promises to save the trees from the damage the future wars will cause. It takes place primarily in a parallel universe, one of mystical plants the likes of which have never been seen, and some very, very, dangerous creatures. It takes place in the world should these people lose, and should nature be let run its full course. There will be antagonists, plot twists, and plenty of fun.

Apply, it can't hurt! If I reject one application, try again. I'm not going to shut you out if you put up one character who doesn't quite fit the bill. Anyway, here's the application form:

Name:

Race: (Elder Scrolls Skyrim playable please)

Stereotype:

Backstory: (Be in depth, explain what their life has been like)

Fighting style (if applicable):

Talents:

Positive Traits:

Negative Traits:

Anything else:

I will let you know as soon as I've read your application, but i might hold off on giving you a response on whether it's yay or nay right away. Thanks guys!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    The stereotype thingy seems interesting.
    Now hope you won't blind after reading my long-ass story.
    CC
    Name: Phyrior

Race:Altmer-Redguard Halfbreed
    Religion:Nocturnal
    Sex:Male
    Stereotype:The Scholar
    Tools/Weapons/Magic:Fire magic( and a little bit of shock ) illusion and restoratio.
    Appearance:Red eyed , tall slightly muscular and dark-skinned.Has black robes on(with the symbol of the halved moon on chest and shoulder) with basic boots , a circlet on the head and fur gloves(has an imperial cape)Here is how the circlet looks like
    CIRC-14-SAMoonPentCirclet.jpg

History:An orphan who never knew his real name , grew up in the summerset isles.He was despised from a young age due to being a half-breed and he deeply hated the high elf people.When he reached 15 yrs he accidently burned down the orphanage alongside awakening his magical talents.He was exiled and banned from the summerset isles.That's how he also got his nickname "Phyrior".He traveled trough Tamriel in order to learn more about magic for 5 years until he got to Skyrim's College of winterhold , where he studied 2 years of magick(restoration , illusion and destruction).
    Personality: Phyrior is usually quiet , he never says something unless he means it.While he dosen't have anyone to call friend(he nearly burned the College library once and everybody despised him) he is very respected both by mages and soliders.He is very religios and is a pilgram of Nocturnal.Some people(specificly mages at the collage) speculated he was a nightingale.

(Be in depth, explain what their life has been like)

After he was exiled from the Summerset ilses when he was 15 , he traveled to Cyrodill , where he worked as a servant for a noble.From time to time he would read the books and spell books the noble stored in his house.When he was 16 he decided to leave , he did not like being a slave , he could do so much more.Another servent there , Jael , a 23 year old bosmer decided to travel with him, after he sold his house.Their group started with a decent ammount of money , so travelling wasn't an issue. Jael wanted to learn more about magic, and Phyrior showed him everything he knew , up to the point where they beccame equally strong.They were both adept-leveled mages , and they would do jobs from time to time to get money and food.When they first arrived in Valenwood , Phyrior was 17 years old.A girl from Valenwood wanted to join up with them to learn more about magic.Jael offered to teach her and the girl started travelling with the group. Jael felt in love with the girl , however the girl showed more affection when near Phyrior .She liked learning from him , she always thought Phyrior is a natural teacher. Jael's jealousy was growing with each day. Phyrior reached 18 years old.One night he couldn't take it anymore , so he stabbed Phyrior in his sleep.Leaving a note at his body "Phyrior's last words" whom was actually written by Jael. The letter said that Phyrior committed suicide , because his life had no meaning.The letter also said Phyrior wanted Jael and the girl to be togather forever , as they will always have a future Phyrior can't dream of.

That however , wasn't the end of Phyrior. He was found by a pilgrim of Nocturnal , who took care of him and showed him the ways of nocturnal. Phyrior became very religious upon travelling with this pilgrim.They both were headed to the temple of Nocturnal in Skyrim ,where they would take The pilgrim's path and enjoy a life of prayer to Nocturnal. When Phyrior was 19 years old, he crossed the borders to Skyrim ,and there he found his old friend , Jael , with a few mercenaries near him. Phyrior realised he was betrayed yet again , this time by the pilgrim. Phyrior imploded with rage , he threw a firebolt at the pilgrim and a frenzy spell at Jael. The pilgrim felt easily , as he was old and lacked endurance , Jael , however resisted the Frenzy effect, but his mercenaries did not.A bloodbath started a Jael was assaulted by his mercenaries who cut off his left arm. Jael managed to take care of them but he was severely wounded . When he turned to Phyrior , he was blinded by a lightning bolt , and set to the ground.He asked for mercy, yet Phyrior replied :"No mercy to the merciless" and he killed him with the same dagger he was nearly killed with.Phyrior took the pilgrim's clothing and gone to the temple of nocturnal where he prayed until he was 20 years old.Then , he considered a new life awaited him , a life as a mage. He set to the collage of winterhold where he lived 2 years , raising his magic skills to a razor-sharp point.
    Fighting style: Pure mage(never carries a weapon , just spells)
    Skills:
    Master:Fire Storm , Mayhem
    Expert:Incinerate , Grand Healing , Wall of flames , Invisibility
    Adept:Fireball,Chain Lightning , Flame Cloak ,Heal other , Greater healing , greater ward,Frenzy,Frenzy rune
    Apprentice:Firebolt , Lightning bolt , fast healing , healling hands
    Novice:Clairvoyance,Fury,flames,healing,sparks
    Positive Traits:Smart-Knows a lot about nearly everything , always comes up with successful ideas,Friendly-never insults or shuns anyone, Cautious-As he was betrayed in the past , he always keeps his guard up and never trusts his life on nobody other then himself.
    Negative Traits:Silent-He speaks only when he has too, but sometimes holds off speaking , even if he has a good idea , (way too)Religious-He does not believe in divines, just in Nocturnal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts