• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mytheos

Hey community,

I started playing a khajit who is very interested in alchemy and the crafts. He figures that dragons are terrifying and any one he has ever ran into has been a near deadly encounter and that preparation is key. He only relies on his own skill and the what he can do with his own two hands. This particular khajit doubts his prowess with magic and the thu'um. He wants to succeed by any means necessary as he saw people get ripped apart by Alduin and even though he has sticky fingers and engages in a fair bit of pickpocketing he doesn't want the world to end.

I don't know a ton about khajit lore, and I've never really played one but I really enjoyed the one I made.

What do khajit as a whole value? What are their beliefs?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
There's a mod called Moonpath to Elsweyr if you're playing on PC that I think adds a great deal of depth to Khajiiti culture - you actually travel to Elsweyr in said mod. If you're not on PC, you could always make up your own backstory and play as a defect of tradition. Both are very exciting.

Mytheos

Yeah not pc. Not yet anyway. Want one. What was the culture like in the mod?

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I've RPed as a Khajiit and I went with the family angle. They travel in caravans so I figured they're pretty tight amongst themselves, whether related to each other or not. Sneak and pickpocket? All's good, especially with that Night Vision skill.

Mytheos

My pleasure. Khajiit are a fascinating race. I enjoy playing one every now and then. Actually my very first Skyrim character was a Khajiit.
I wish that certain regions engaged in racism against certain races. I've overheard khajit say that they aren't allowed in cities but I am. So that's strange. I just figure my khajit being the thane of whiterun and an all around great help to the realm.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
My pleasure. Khajiit are a fascinating race. I enjoy playing one every now and then. Actually my very first Skyrim character was a Khajiit.
I wish that certain regions engaged in racism against certain races. I've overheard khajit say that they aren't allowed in cities but I am. So that's strange. I just figure my khajit being the thane of whiterun and an all around great help to the realm.

Khajiit Caravans aren't allowed into cities. Khajiit normally are fine, the Jarls view the Khajiit Caravans as smugglers and thieves. Which isn't far off as they sell skooma, smuggle goods into Skyrim, are making a profit selling to both sides of the Civil War and the Thieves Guild wants to start a partnership with them.

Many of them have found themselves unwelcome in Cyrodiil and even in their homeland of Elsweyr due to problems with the law.

Mytheos

Same here, but I got stuck early on and re-rolled as a High Elf, the guy who I've stuck with since :D
*looks fondly at signature*
I'm trying to figure out what his priorities are. He is terrified at what dragons can do and how many chance encounters he has had this far, not to mention that vampires just killed some people who have been kind to him. That's not even to mention the wack jobs that tried to kill him in Mareks name.

Overall. He is very confused and wants to live up to the responsibilities set before him. Yet he is only one person. And he had a weakness for wanting to help those who ask. Even though it takes him away from what he was just doing. He has no great skill for making money and the cost of gear and potions are high. DJ he resorts to theft to fund his adventure. He doesn't feel too bad but he had to stay funded or he will fail.

What do you guys recommend he do?

Ps: I might make this a separate post and ask for comments and choose my favourite path.

hershangames

If I were you, I would follow what the video shadowkitty posted to a certain extent. For example, it emphasized the fact that they crave change, you could make him try different kinds of builds and for example try all factions.

Also, eat some moon sugar from time to time, and since it said they were very unified, visit khajit caravans every now and then.

Right now I can't think of anything else but I think that's what I'll do with my khajit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mytheos

If I were you, I would follow what the video shadowkitty posted to a certain extent. For example, it emphasized the fact that they crave change, you could make him try different kinds of builds and for example try all factions.

Also, eat some moon sugar from time to time, and since it said they were very unified, visit khajit caravans every now and then.

Right now I can't think of anything else but I think that's what I'll do with my khajit.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Those are good suggestions. I think he has this playful inattentive personality that makes him love doing new things as most khajit do, but he understands what's at stake.

If Alduin and the other dragons are left unchecked, then the world is doomed. But at the same time he doesn't do anything magic and him all of a sudden one day having the power of the thu'um seems unreal to him. He doesn't know how shouting is going to be a weapon against dragons. The shout that was shown on Alduins wall has his interest peaked.

So we will see.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Run with what your Khajiit already knows, Mytheos. He knows that dragons and vampires can tear the s*** outta him, so they are to be avoided at all costs. Hershan made some good points. Experiment, yet hold true to what he believes in. Helping others and all.

Y'know, he is a cat. And what do they say about curiosity? :D

Doesn't do any magic and the power of the thu'um scares/intrigues him? There's your journey right there. Have him learn along the way so he's not hesitant about either one, even embracing them along the way.

Mytheos

Run with what your Khajiit already knows, Mytheos. He knows that dragons and vampires can tear the s*** outta him, so they are to be avoided at all costs. Hershan made some good points. Experiment, yet hold true to what he believes in. Helping others and all.

Y'know, he is a cat. And what do they say about curiosity? :D

Doesn't do any magic and the power of the thu'um scares/intrigues him? There's your journey right there. Have him learn along the way so he's not hesitant about either one, even embracing them along the way.
I think I'll role play out that the grey beards keep the meeting of parthunax delayed until he collects plenty of whispers they hear of words. And he tries to help plenty of people along the way.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Actually my very first Skyrim character was a Khajiit.

Same here, but I got stuck early on and re-rolled as a High Elf, the guy who I've stuck with since :D
*looks fondly at signature*
Oh I took my Khajiit all the way and she did every single quest. This was before I knew about role playing. And it was on Xbox, so no mods or anything.

Kattus

I'm planning to create my first Khajit character in the foreseeable future so I thought a lot about the aspects of role play, too!

I feel like they should be a sneak-ish, rogue-ish character, maybe dip into some magic out of curiosity.
As for the cities and the issue of racism, I don't feel right to make them Thane and I will try to stay very low key in the cities - wear hoods, don't socialize too much, maybe enter through sewers (mod). Also, I want them to mess with people a lot - steal, pickpocket, don't go for heroic quests out of philanthropy. That also means no main quest, at least not for a while.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Mytheos

I'm planning to create my first Khajit character in the foreseeable future so I thought a lot about the aspects of role play, too!

I feel like they should be a sneak-ish, rogue-ish character, maybe dip into some magic out of curiosity.
As for the cities and the issue of racism, I don't feel right to make them Thane and I will try to stay very low key in the cities - wear hoods, don't socialize too much, maybe enter through sewers (mod). Also, I want them to mess with people a lot - steal, pickpocket, don't go for heroic quests out of philanthropy. That also means no main quest, at least not for a while.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
I think my Khajit knows that dragons roaming about is bad news for the thief business and generally he likes some of the people who are roaming skyrim. He struggles with responsibility since he roams and lives a carefree life, but he doesn't wish death upon anyone.

I don't know if anyone remembers Kharjo, a khajit that wears armour and follows a caravan for protection but has had his moon amulet stolen by bandits. When you offer him assistance he says while he misses his moon amulet, he knows a life is not replaced so easily. I think that has resonated with Mytheos. Terrified at being chomped and burned alive by a dragon he makes tremendous preparation. He hopes he can craft a poison potent enough to take down a dragon in case his thu'um isn't enough. Maybe even fletch some arrows much tougher than the iron or steel ones he finds laying about.

Reaper87

吉光
I would definitely get Kharjo as a follower. He is reasonably strong, and you know, Khajiits got to stick together in this harsh Skyrim world. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts