• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I just arrived at kynesgrove, spent afew hours there and slept in a bed, yet roggi doesnt give me his quest to get back his ancestors shield. Do I have to wait for a certain time or level?

sticky runes

This has happened to me, I'm not sure if there's a certain requirement to activate the quest, or if it's entirely random or something. Maybe just try coming back later after clearing a few other quests and gaining a few levels?

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
To activate Roggi Knot-Beard's quest , you need to speak to the food and drinks server in the Inn. Well I think it is cause I had done this quest...

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

It might also be that you have active quest that will not allow you to start his quest. For instance, her will not give you his quest if you have Frida's (Dawnstar), Noster-Eagle-Eye's (Solitude), Oengul War-Anvil's (Windhelm), or Runil's (Falkreath) quest already active. Complete the radiant retrieval quest, go back to Knot-Beard, and he should give you the quest. If he still doesn't give it to you, go to the innkeeper and complete the quest he gives you first (like the previous post said).
Hope this helped.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I thought Roggi's quest was random? I thought I recalled reading it somewhere because I had a character that, for whatever reason, he would not give me the quest. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I thought Roggi's quest was random? I thought I recalled reading it somewhere because I had a character that, for whatever reason, he would not give me the quest. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?

No, its not random.

JML

BUMP.....anyone resolve this? I have the same exact problem.

Want to throw this dude at Boethiah's stripper pole since he's the weakest follower in the game (along with Sven). I cant get his mission either though :mad:

sticky runes

I don't know, with some characters I've got the quest on first meeting him, and with others I haven't.
Have you tried dropping items in front of him, like a spare suit of armour or something? I managed to get Farkas as a follower that way without even joining the companions.

JML

Hmmm...nvr dropped something in front of anyone to elicit a response. Does it have to be armor?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
You have to do the quest for the owner of the inn about paying Roggi's debt off, then he will give you his quest.
But I think you have to wait a few days or something, in kynesgrove.

JML

^ Thanks.

It was hard to even get the debt pay-off mini mission; it finally appeared randomly though :eek:/

As far as waiting the few days, I got impatient (before u posted) and sent one of the orc followers to his demise--Thrgrurgzllghd the Iron Handed or something, the one that boasts that he's badass but excels in only light armor and archery. I guess I can go back and still help Roggi get his shield, but Boethiah's thirst has been sated and I got the ebony mail, the only reason I did the mission in the first place :p

....thx though!!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
OP, your avatar makes me squirt nasal Sunny D, like a 2nd grader hearing fart jokes.

Happens every time!

fifoliwia

Hey :)
I have got problem with Roggi too. I made a mission with Roggi's debt and I haven't got any radiant mission, but Roggi doesnt give me quest with ancestors shield.
(Sorry for bad English) :) What should I do ?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts