• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
Anyone had their estate raided by her?

My Bosmer came home (Lakeview Manor) after an afternoon of adventuring through the Falkreath hold, and bandits were attacking. They were tougher than usual too, and killed his horse, Trigger, and his steward, Uthgerd. One of the bandits was named Rochelle the Red. I can't find any info on her--is she just some randomly named NPC or is she connected to a quest or another NPC somehow?

I reloaded my last save because I didn't want to lose Uthgerd. I'm very surprised she was killed. Regular bandits have not been a problem for her.

Saozig

Hippy
From some messages on the Xbox forums, it seems she's connected to a quest where your spouse gets kidnapped if your spouse is living there, but the quest is glitchy. Guess it was better I loaded the last save then.

Adam Warlock

Rochelle doesn`t physically exist in the game. Just a signed ransom note.(< incorrect ! my bad)

very buggy quest indeed.

suggest you complete rescue as quickly as possible to avoid a resulting wonky AI/pathing problem with your spouse

Saozig

Hippy
As I said in my initial post, there was a bandit among the three who had raided my Bosmer's Lakeview Manor who was called "Rochelle the Red", so apparently she can "physically exist" in the game.

She was a Redguard, I believe, wearing a full suit of steel plate armor and carrying an enchanted 2H weapon, and she was very hard for my Bosmer to kill. There was no note on her or on the other two bandits--I searched their bodies carefully because my Bosmer had just leveled up to lv 22, and I wondered if her appearance soon after his leveling up meant she was associated with some quest, and I was looking for any clues, like a note. But there wasn't anything on her or the other two bandits to indicate a quest of any kind. Aside from my steward and horse being killed, nothing else appeared to have happened--my Bosmer's husband was in the house and Rayya had survived the fight. A courier arrived right afterwards to give me the inheritance for Uthgerd, but nothing else. I then went looking for info on the internet to find out who Rochelle the Red was and if this was a glitch of some kind because the whole thing seemed not quite right to me. Only then did I figure out she's associated with this glitchy quest with the spouse getting kidnapped.

(It didn't help that most things on this are tagged as your wife being kidnapped, and not about this specific NPC. And the search function at this site doesn't seem to work for me because I searched for "Rochelle the Red" and got nada, but I found this thread via Google.)

Anyhow, as I also said, I reloaded to the last save prior and she has not returned. I'll probably move Marcurio to Windstad soon, although I cannot find any confirmation a similar thing won't happen at the other estates.

Adam Warlock

As I said in my initial post, there was a bandit among the three who had raided my Bosmer's Lakeview Manor who was called "Rochelle the Red", so apparently she can "physically exist" in the game.

She was a Redguard, I believe, wearing a full suit of steel plate armor and carrying an enchanted 2H weapon, and she was very hard for my Bosmer to kill. There was no note on her or on the other two bandits--I searched their bodies carefully because my Bosmer had just leveled up to lv 22, and I wondered if her appearance soon after his leveling up meant she was associated with some quest, and I was looking for any clues, like a note. But there wasn't anything on her or the other two bandits to indicate a quest of any kind. Aside from my steward and horse being killed, nothing else appeared to have happened--my Bosmer's husband was in the house and Rayya had survived the fight. A courier arrived right afterwards to give me the inheritance for Uthgerd, but nothing else. I then went looking for info on the internet to find out who Rochelle the Red was and if this was a glitch of some kind because the whole thing seemed not quite right to me. Only then did I figure out she's associated with this glitchy quest with the spouse getting kidnapped.

(It didn't help that most things on this are tagged as your wife being kidnapped, and not about this specific NPC. And the search function at this site doesn't seem to work for me because I searched for "Rochelle the Red" and got nada, but I found this thread via Google.)

Anyhow, as I also said, I reloaded to the last save prior and she has not returned. I'll probably move Marcurio to Windstad soon, although I cannot find any confirmation a similar thing won't happen at the other estates.
i stand corrected.
Found my note on a generic bandit marauder which triggered the quest and Rochelle was nowhere to be found at the kidnapping site
thx for the info. i`ll be looking for her in my next play-through

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts