Xbox 360 Riverwood hates me?!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
So, after installing the new patch which included mounted combat, I decided I wanted to work on the Main quest and promptly headed to Riverwood. Upon entering, I noticed a few red dots on my radar. At first, I thought it was the guards, and all I had to do was yield so I could pay my bounty. Well, it turns out that it wasn't the guards, but Faendal and Alvor (and occasionally Gerdur) attacking me. And for no reason!

Needless to say, my two followers (Mercer and Cicero) and my horse charged into battle as soon as I was attacked. As well as the guards, they were on my side! This really confuses me as I always side with Faendal for his quest and I always pick Hadvar, who in turn leads me to his Uncle Alvor.

None of the other NPCs in Riverwood have done this, and so far the other towns and cities have been fine as well. Is this possibly patch related? It certainly has only started happening after I installed it. Just curious if anyone else is having the same problems.

This could really get worrisome if certain NPCs you need to be Non-hostile you towards suddenly aren't anymore. Could really cause some issues with quests.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
So, after installing the new patch which included mounted combat, I decided I wanted to work on the Main quest and promptly headed to Riverwood. Upon entering, I noticed a few red dots on my radar. At first, I thought it was the guards, and all I had to do was yield so I could pay my bounty. Well, it turns out that it wasn't the guards, but Faendal and Alvor (and occasionally Gerdur) attacking me. And for no reason!

Needless to say, my two followers (Mercer and Ciero) and my horse charged into battle as soon as I was attacked. As well as the guards, they were on my side! This really confuses me as I always side with Faendal for his quest and I always pick Hadvar, who in turn leads me to his Uncle Alvor.

None of the other NPCs in Riverwood have done this, and so far the other towns and cities have been fine as well. Is this possibly patch related? It certainly has only started happening after I installed it. Just curious if anyone else is having the same problems.

This could really get worrisome if certain NPCs you need to be Non-hostile you towards suddenly aren't anymore. Could really cause some issues with quests.
Mounted Combat is out for Xbox already?!

Jersey Dagmar

Hmm did you happen to accidentally hit a villager? or cast a spell on them?

No, because I didn't even have my weapons drawn. The minute Faendal, Alvor, and Gerdur saw me they attacked. And as I said, the Guards were on my side. It was extremely weird.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Maybe they side with the stormcloaks and seen you associating with an imperial solider, Hadvar, therefor they've attacked you? I know Gerdur is a stormcloak supporter.

According to Uesp Faendal is classified as a thief. Maybe theirs some bad blood between the thieves guild and him?

Jersey Dagmar

Maybe they side with the stormcloaks and seen you associating with an imperial solider, Hadvar, therefor they've attacked you? I know Gerdur is a stormcloak supporter.

According to Uesp Faendal is classified as a thief. Maybe theirs some bad blood between the thieves guild and him?

I seriously doubt it has anything to do that. The main clue that I offered is that it's happening after I installed the latest patch. Tomorrow I shall clear the cache as well as uninstall and re-install to see if it fixes the issue.

And Alvor is Hadvar's Uncle. And since Faendal wants some sweet Imperial ass, I'd bet he'd side with the Empire as well. I didn't really care about Gerdur.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I seriously doubt it has anything to do that. The main clue that I offered is that it's happening after I installed the latest patch. Tomorrow I shall clear the cache as well as uninstall and re-install to see if it fixes the issue.

And Alvor is Hadvar's Uncle. And since Faendal wants some sweet Imperial ass, I'd bet he'd side with the Empire as well. I didn't really care about Gerdur.

I've never heard this happening for as long as I've been playing, of course thought I'm playing skyrim on PC so maybe it's an Xbox 360 thing. If this issue never occur up until now, right after you've installed the latest patch, then most likely it's the cause. I don't have the game console but is it possible for you to restore back to the previous version? Try that.

LOL my previous charecter is in almost in the same booth as Faendal. My previous charecter is a nord and a staunch stormcloak supporter yet has his heart set on Igun Black-Briar. In RP mode Maven would want nothing more than to see him dead, especially since she found out that he was the cause for her dethrone of Jarl in Riften. Poor Raijin.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
i downloaded the patch and everythings fine! i even walked up to gurder and alvor and they said, "May the gos watch over your battles FRIEND...."

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
On one play through there was a glitch that made the guards in Markarth attack me on sight and no I wasn't a vampire or even had a bounty. I checked all that and didn't see the reason for them attacking me and had to ultimately start over because I couldn't fight guards every time I went to Markarth. *sigh*

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
BURN DOWN THE TOWN!!!!!

In the great eternal words of Whitest Kids You Know-- "We will go pillaging through the towns raping your churches and burning your women"

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Same thing just happened to me in Whiterun. I walked be Western Watchtower and the guards randomly start attacking me, I killed the all, got "the last witness has been killed" message, and kept on my way to whiterun, when I arrive all the guards are hostile. I left and headed towards Riverwood, I wasn't in combat anymore and I came across that wandering bard guy, and HE attacked me. I promptly killed him, and continued on to Riverwood, expecting it to be hostile, but no, everyone was completely fine, even the whiterun guards posted their. I hope Whiterun goes back to non-hostile because I haven't finished the main quest yet and it'll be a pain to catch Odaving whith all the guards attacking me (if even possible).

Necromis

Ok, Jersey D, I know you probably thought of these things, but in case you didn't. Did you see if you were a vamp and were stage 4, did you check our bounty and try to unsheath/sheath your weapon?

F4ntasbolic

Idk wtf's the problem, i'm on PC, i fast-traveled to riverwood after killing that dragon in the blade's quest, then alvor and gerdur decide to attack me, the guards help me, then i go to the inn talk to delphine to complete the quest, but she's hostile, and she's an essential npc, so I can't kill her
edit: sven is also hostile

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts