• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

NachyoChez

Brynne looked up at the imperial, not with coldness but with confusion. He knew the man had asked him a question, but could literally feel his body slipping into the chilled complacency he knew meant that shock was setting it. It took all of his concentration and remaining clarity of mind to simply nod his head in response to the offer of aid.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    N/A

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni watched as the group slowed down and gathered around a small fire that Brendela had made using a spell. Che'anni walked over to the warm fire, put her pack down and started to unhook her bedroll before putting it against a tree and then started to take off her leather armor to reveal her leather clothes, luckily there was a small stream running down the small hill. She quickly got up and then sat down next to the stream pulling out a piece of clothe as she did, she started to wipe the blood off her armor before it would start to go crusty. When she finished Che'anni decided it would be best to have a small bath and so she started to rinse herself using the cold water before heading back to campfire and then sat on a naturally rooted tree. Che'anni looked at the spotless dark sky before holding her arms out over the fire and opening her last bottle of mead before taking a sip.

Che'anni heard somebody ask, "We're going to need someone to take watch. Who knows what these vampires will try to do, and with as many injured people as we have, we aren't exactly a threatening force. I can take first watch, but besides that, you should assign some others. I can't exactly stay up forever," and so she replied after finishing her sip, "I could."

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "Wait, hold on to that thought." He told Varian. "We can talk more tonight if we go on watch together." He smiled to the man and ran up ahead.

Egil walked up the hill, glad to finally be able to rest. They'd been walking for a while now, and most of them couldn't continue much further anyway. It was good thing they stopped when they did.

The hill was a perfect resting spot. He smiled at Brendala. She obviously knew what she was doing and knew how to strategize. The hill was high up and they could see around them from one angle, and the mountain was a sheer drop, so nothing would be able to jump down and sneak up on them. Anything else trying to sneak up behind would definitely make too much noise in the water from the lake. There a few trees offering more firewood if needed (although he doubted it, for the previous refugees left a good amount of firewood) and the lake was connected to a river not too far off, offering a good source of water.

Silently, he walked down to the river to go grab some water for people to drink. He was obviously in the better condition of the group. Many people collapsed as they reached the top of the hill, and some couldn't even make it up on their own.

As he reached the lake he pulled out a flask and filled it to the brim with water. It wouldn't be enough for everyone, but it should be enough to cover the most injured people, then he would go back and get more.

He arrived at the campsite and set it down on top of a flat rock. "I've brought us a flask of clean water. Give to the wounded first please." Egil walked over to a wounded Breton and laid his head down on a rock with a bundle of cloth he found in his pack. "Here, put your head here. Okay this is going to sting a bit." He carefully placed both palms on the Bretons stomach and slowly began to cast a healing spell. He wasn't a very skilled mage, specifically when it came to healing, so the spell would take longer to come into effect. The wound closed and the skin tightened. With his extra shirt he had in his bag he wiped the blood off of the Breton. "I'll bring you some water as soon as I help a few more people okay?" The Breton nodded his head an attempted a smile. Poor man...He thought to himself.

After helping people for a while he walked over to Brendala, the assumed leader of the group. "We're going to need someone to take watch. Who knows what these vampires will try to do, and with as many injured people as we have, we aren't exactly a threatening force. I can take first watch, but besides that, you should assign some others. I can't exactly stay up forever." He smiled.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Amy was surprised at how eager their "leader" was to get to sleep. Luckily someone said something to her.
    "We're going to need someone to take watch. Who knows what these vampires will try to do, and with as many injured people as we have, we aren't exactly a threatening force. I can take first watch, but besides that, you should assign some others. I can't exactly stay up forever."

"I can," Amy told them. "Sleep has never exactly been my friend, so I can take watch for as long and whenever you need. I'll be over by the stream if you need me."

There was a small stream near a hill a little way away from the camp. She took of her heavy armor and washed of the blood and sweat from her skin, then her armor. She put on her leather vampire armor that she had taken from a vampire guard some time ago. After managing to get her hair spiked, she returned to the camp, sat next to the fire, and gazed up at the stars.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Ralyx walked over to a tree when they arrived at their socalled camp. He satt down, leaning his back to the wood. Why did you end up in this group. He thought to himself and watched over each of the members. You'd been better protected if you were alone. He smiled. But they are an interesting bunch. Maybe you can find some good contacts to use after this is over. He looked up to the sky. It was so dark and cold after the sun had gone.

"I can," Amy told them. "Sleep has never exactly been my friend, so I can take watch for as long and whenever you need. I'll be over by the stream if you need me."

Ralyx looked up at the woman volunteered to stay guard. The others seemed to need some sleep, and they looked like they were happy with Amy's offer. She walked of to nearby stream to wash herself. Ralyx followed her with his eyes at all time, even though it was quite hard in the dark. As she came back and sat by the fire, he got up and walked over to her. "So... What reasons bring you into this strange group?" He looked up at her. The reflection of the fire dances on her face. He streched out his left arm before adding. "So sorry for beeing rude. The name is Ralyx. And I can stay guard together with you. The night can be lonely." He looked up to the sky. "Not that I know if it's night or not" He laughed shortly.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    "I was trying to find someone. I actually I came here in hope to get some allies to get me to Solitude, but I've sorta decided that you guys are going to need all the help you can get it. It was a lost cause anyway...and what about you?"

Varian merely shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't really doing anything before this, just doing what everyone else was really. The only difference was. He wasn't scared of the vampires and their minions. He could care less about their crazed laws and their punishments. No, he fought when he needed to, but he certainly didn't enjoy it. He was just trying to stay alive in a world that had, in the space of a few years, gone to hell. The group kept walking on, with grim faces mostly but a few happy smiles shined through the darkness every once-and-a-while.

"I'm sorry, but I can't go into the town. I can explain another time, but it would be a big risk for me to just stroll on in there with you. I still want to be a part of this group, and I want to help drive the vampires out of this city. But I can't stay with you until they are driven out. I'll stay nearby, and we can make a signal for when you want me to join you. Otherwise, I'll be out here. Just let me know what you want me to do."

Varian overheard parts of a conversation led by a Nord, Amy, and Brendala, another Nord. Amy looked around five eight or nine, with red tattoos around her eyes that descended to her cheeks, then her neck. Her left hair styled in a mohawk, with a braid that touched the left side of her head. Her armour was made of fine Ebony, darker then the night and stronger then steel. She looked rather war worn, and, to Varian's eyes, not attractive in the least. He wasn't one that liked mohawks or war paint, at least not on his women.

Brendala on the other hand, looked around five feet, with short blonde hair. Her shapely body had certainly developed well, and was covered by steel plate. She looked strong but elegant, and she didn't have a mohawk. She looked like the kind of girl Varian would have fun with. She could definetly join him and Egil, that was if he could ever convince Egil he would have a good time with him.

As for the conversation itself, it was boring. It seemed to Varian that Amy was being a coward. Now along with her unappetizing appearance, she was afraid of vampires, the very thing they were supposed to be fighting. Or, more likely, she was hiding something, perhaps she was a vampire or werewolf. It wouldn't be the first time Varian had met one and it certainly wouldn't be the last. At this point however, he had no evidence and no reason to care what she was, as long as she didn't start harming people.

The group continued to walk, some talked, some were silent. It was an interesting group to say the least, one-of-a-kind. They eventually came upon a hilltop, the flowing grass rolled across in a beautiful pattern of brownish green. It was beautiful but its beauty was stunted by the lack of a sun. Varian ran up the hilltop, he saw others fall due to lack of fatigue, he saw some trip, and he saw more actually make it up the hill. He made it up the ascent rather quickly, and started undressing. Not in a perverted way, it was just how he slept. It was one of the traits he picked up from his Imperial side. After all, his body was natural and he felt no shame in showing it. He folded his clothes and placed them on a smooth rock. He kept his short sword, Cortex, near him. He wouldn't be caught unprepared in a conflict of any degree.

"We're going to need someone to take watch. Who knows what these vampires will try to do, and with as many injured people as we have, we aren't exactly a threatening force. I can take first watch, but besides that, you should assign some others. I can't exactly stay up forever."

Varian smiled to himself, he would leave the sleep deprivation to the others. As he said this Amy responded,
    "I can, sleep has never exactly been my friend, so I can take watch for as long and whenever you need. I'll be over by the stream if you need me."

Varian frowned to himself, his suspicions were coming together nicely. Amy was likely a vampire or werewolf. Dagger to his throat, Varian would have to say she was a werewolf. It would take an extremely unlikely chance that she belonged to one of the rare vampire clans.

He stopped thinking of those around him, finely just letting go of his worries. Varian believed that sleep was a sacred thing, an event where you can just let go of the day's stresses and woes. He rested his head on his clothes and placed his hand on Cortex. He then closed his eyes waiting for the bliss of unconscious to envelop him in its embrace.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    As Amy gazed up at the sky, an Imperial man approached her. His hair was long and black, and she got the impression he wasn't exactly an "honest" man. He would fit right in with her.

"So... What reasons bring you into this strange group?" He held out his arm. Amy shook it as he added,"So sorry for being rude. The name is Ralyx. And I can stay guard together with you. The night can be lonely." He looked up to the sky. "Not that I know if it's night or not" He laughed shortly. Amy looked up at the sky with him, smiling at his humor. "My name is Amy," she said, patting the ground next to her, offering him a seat. "And I am here to put the vampires back in there place." She looked up at the sky again. "You're welcome to keep me company as long as you like."

Amy looked around. Almost everyone was asleep now. His comment of the lonely night got her thinking about the past three years. Hiding in the woods. Killing whatever moved. The only real company she'd had was a stray dog that had followed her around for a few months, until it died. She turned back to Ralyx.

"The question is, what brings you here?"

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Egil looked at the sitting by the campfire. He had hoped that Varian would be able to stay up and keep him company, but he was already deep in sleep. Although Egil didn't blame him. They'd gone through a lot recently. Vampires taking over the world, blotting out the sun. Nowhere was safe anymore. No one could even travel alone. Someone always should be watching your back.

He sighed, picked up his hunting now and quiver, and headed toward the woods. "I'm going hunting."He told the two. They just looked at him and continued talking. Most people acted this way toward Egil. It was a surprise Varian had been so friendly towards him.

Why am I so bothered about my father? Why can't I just let it go? It's really not even that big of a deal. A small fox ran across the ground in front of him, not noticing the Nord stealthy sneaking up behind it. It's not like it doesn't happen a lot. Most people I've come to know grew up without parents. Silently he drew one steel arrow and knocked it. Varian even said he was looking for someone. Maybe he lost his parents too. Perhaps his looking for his father for abandoning him as a child. He took a sharp breath, drew the arrow, and released all in one silent motion. The arrow pierced the fox in the left eye and it fell over. Suddenly Egil felt a pang of guilt for walking away from Varian. He approached the fox and pulled the arrow out. It was a clean shot, going completely through its head. Satisfied, he headed back towards the lake to clean it off.

Hopefully this will all blow over pretty soon. I miss seeing the sun and feeling the slight warmth that it gave us. he finished skinning the fox and removing its insides and decided to go for a swim. It'd be nice to get clean after such a long day.

After stripping down, he walked in. The water felt nice, cold but nice. He let himself sink down to the floor and just sat there for a moment. It was relaxing. Not hearing anything but nature and the calming running of the river not far away. After resting for about 10 minutes he decided to head back.

As he reached the top of the hill he noticed something. A shadowy figure on the top of the mountain. It was there, then it was gone, in an instant. Suspicious, he hung the fox over the fire and watched the top of the mountain, his hand on the hilt of his sword. He was sure it was his imagination, but then again, you could never be too sure.

NachyoChez

Brynne awoke with a start, completely unaware of his surroundings and unsure of what had happened. He was by the fire now, unsure of how he had gotten there, but well aware that the motley group was around and resting as well. He'd no clue when he'd fallen asleep, all he remembered was someone offering to bind his arm. Yet the arm was noticeably unbound.

Despite that, the arm did feel better; obviously someone had magicked it into healing far faster and stronger than nature intended. He was grateful to the mage, though he was without a clue as to who it could have been. Obviously the shock of it all was still playing with his mind, and the process left him more than a little exhausted. However he found himself unable to return sleep, his mind too caught up in the shock of waking up. Thus, instead of returning his head to the makeshift pillow someone had turned his pack into, the nord reached inside and pulled out another of his books.

The cover bore the strange arch he knew to represent Oblivion, though he had no clue which school of magic that could represent. Intrigued, he opened the cover and began to read the explanation of the contents. This one spoke of the process for reanimating a fallen corpse to do his bidding. The concept wasn't what terrified him; it was the fact he was actually considering such a magic that cause Brynne to shove the book back into his bag and grab another.

This one bore the triple-spiral of Illusion, but unlike the rest was not a spell tome. Instead it explained the concepts and ideas of the magic, designed to improve the talents of the reader. Only a day ago the words would have been incomprehensible, but the spell tomes not only taught him the magic, but granted a small understanding. One he could use to improve his budding talents, and perhaps unlock the secrets he would need to obtain his goals. And so he read the pages with a thirst for the knowledge, unsure of when he eventually fell back into a deep sleep.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "The question is, what brings you here?"

Ralyx frowned at Amys question, but then ave her a grin, showing his teeth. He stook his arm to the inside of his cloak and took out a small flask from a hidden pocket. He took a small sip from the flask before he looked at Amy. "Skooma..." He said and lifted the flask over the fire so that she could see it clearly. "With the vampires ruling Skyrim, skooma smuggling has more or less stopped up. That together with becoming a hero is reason enough for me." He looked at the people sleepin around them. "The group was just a bonus. I couldn't win this battle alone. At least not easily." He laughed and leaned backwards finishing of his flask.

He could feel the rush of drugs run through his brain. He felt more and more dizzy as he watched the fires dance in the dark. He took his hood on and leaned forward. Amys eyes met his and he lifted his left eyebrow. "I got one for you too if you want."

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "I got one for you too if you want."

Amy grinned her wolfish smile at him. "Of course," she replied, her eyes still locked with his as he took the flask. She knew very well how the skooma trade had nearly stopped. She was no stranger to drugs, but it had not been her reason for coming out here. Turning her gaze back to the flickering fire, she sipped from her bottle.

The rush of the sweet skooma hit her, and her aching muscles didn't hurt so much. She always felt sore and tense in her human form. Since the drug trade had nearly halted, Amy hadn't been able to get her hands on much since the sun had left. Now that she finally had her hands on some again, the dizzying rush was as potent as ever. It felt great.

Throughout the night they chatted and goofed off, since nothing showed up to attack them. Until the effect eventually began to wear off, and the other members of the group began to awaken.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Brendela was too tired to answer, the guy had woken her up but somebody else answered for Brendela, and soon she was back asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was no way to tell when morning arrived, but it was darker than usual when her eyes finally opened again. Probably it was just the sun hidden behind a tree. Most were asleep, but she noticed the two "watch guards" goofing out over by a nearby tree. It seemed they were drinking some kind of liquid, and she was guessing that it wasnt lake water. Deciding to let Amy and Ralyx get up when they were ready, she looked at the gaping black hole in the sky, guessing it had been about 4 hours since she had nodded off. As she looked around at the assembled throng, she saw some strange scenes. One man was hugging a plank of wood in his sleep and the man who she had last seen with a broken arm seemed to be "sleepreading". It felt like a scene out of a story. As she went to pick up the bow for some hunting, she saw it.

Someone else had done the hunting! And despite all her jealousy, she couldent help admiring the obvious skill that had gone into the hunting. The arrow that had been used had caught it right through the centre of the head leaving a clear gap in its head, which she now recognised as a fox. It had been skinned very professionally, so well it had been hard to tell what creature it was. Now it rested on a stick over the fire, and it seemed properly cooked.
    Not wanting to hoard food, she just took a single leg and took a small bite into the soft meat. There was no denying that this was some of the best fox she had ever tasted.

But who had done all this? The only one awake was the Egil fellow, and he fitted the match. He had a bow, was looking a bit tired and weary, and was now staring up at the hills as if looking for something.
    Brendela was not entirely sure what to do. Thank him for the food? Put an arrow in his back for being potential competition?

Instead of either of those she asked in a meekly fashion, one she would later regret.
    'Did you do that?'

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Ralyx woke up with the hope that the sun was back, and everything just beeing a bad dream. But the cold darknes that met him was disappionting. He let out a small sigh as he rose up from the ground were he had fallen asleep. His head was heavy and he was still feeling dizzy from the skooma. Amy was still sleeping only a few feet from him. Ralyx smiled at the woman before he turned to see Brendela talking to Egil. By the fire there was a cooked fox. He walked over to the fox and tore off a small piece of it.

He cheved on the meat as he walked over to Brendela. "Morning sunshine!" He said with a feint smile. He could still taste the skooma in his mouth, and he was almost sure that she could smell it. The crowd of people around them were still asleep, and some seemed to have a hard time staying alive because of their injuries. The sight of this made his neck hair rise.

"I'll go take a bath." Ralyx said and nodded over to the small stream nearby. He walked over to a large rock next t the water, and started getting undressed. The cold air was almost freezing, but he didn't change his mind. As he was standing naked with water at kneeheight, he turned his head over to Brendela again. "No peeking!" He shouted and have her a wink. Then he took an elegant dive into the cold, dark water. He stayed under for a few seconds before coming back up throwing his wet hair around.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni stared into the night knowing that what she just said might of just been an unheard whisper to her fellow companions but reluctantly she went back to her bedroll and sat against the tree. Che'anni stared back at the fire she had just came from and noticed Ralyx and a Nord woman chatting about, before Ralyx pulled out a small bottle of sorts and also one for the Nord but she couldn't care less what they took as long as it didn't affect her later. She brought out a small book she barely had time to finish and began to open to where she had recently stopped at and started to read.

TheJtlman

Leo woke up, and stretched his body out. He gathered his supply, starting to get ready for another day of traveling. He slept in a pair of trousers, with his armor right next to him. He looked at the river he slept by and saw the man bathing and his clothes by a rock. He walked closer to him, stopping about ankle deep in the water.

Leo: So, you got naked right next to me while I was asleep, should I be worried about what you are trying to tell me?

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Che'anni woke up, dazed from yesterday's events and found she had fallen asleep with her book still in hand. Quickly Che'anni picked herself up and stretched out while looking around, The world still seemed as it was left, before walking towards the dim campfire that burned furiously for sustenance. The morning air was cold from the nearby snowy mountains and she could hear the everlasting rusting of the trees, she had wondered how they kept their touch since the blocking of the sun.

Fox was slowly cooking on the fire spit, how she found the meat to be overly dry but eatable. Che'anni looked towards Brendela and Egil, if she recalled correctly, noticing that the pair was in mist of a conversation. Che'anni quickly pulled out a small knife she kept hidden for nasty surprises and then cut off a piece of fox before facing Egil and Brendela,"Thanks for the meat, whoever did catch it and nice by the way," Che'anni said with a wink as she walked away to the nearby lake with her mug in hand.

Nearing the lake Che'anni saw Ralyx busy enjoying himself but he did appear to be stark nude which didn't concern her in anyway, and as she neared the lake she overheard somebody say to Ralyx, "So, you got naked right next to me while I was asleep, should I be worried about what you are trying to tell me?"
    so she turned and looked over to another man, Leo, and then jokingly shouted out while smiling, "Well this is a surprise, I didn't know you two had a thing going and I hope I ain't interrupting your special time together," before pouring water into her mug, turning around and started walking back up to the campfire to boil her water.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "So, you got naked right next to me while I was asleep, should I be worried about what you are trying to tell me?"

Ralyx got surprised by Leos voice, and turned around with haste. Had he just walked past him without noticing him at all? He got a small smile on his face and streched out his arms. "Well this is a surprise, I didn't know you two had a thing going and I hope I ain't interrupting your special time together," Che'annis voice was heard from the riverside. Ralyx just gave her a smile of amusement before he turned back to Leo. "Well. I'm a person that prefers to be clean." He lifted his wet hair away from his red eyes. "Maybe you should try it sometime? But please wait till I'm done." He gave Leo a bow before he dove into the water once more.

When he was finnished, he stepped out of the water, and walked straight over to his armour. He started getting dressed at once. The air was still cold, and he didn't want to be the one to freeze to death. Some of the others were sitting by the fire, so he got over there to talk. He sat down next to the fire and leaned forward, resting his head over the heat. "I'm just trying to keep it from freezing to ice." He told Che'anni with a grin.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Varian's eyes lazily opened, he just sat there for awhile, content.. He felt completely rejuvenated but dirty. He had dirt in places dirt should never be, and wanted it out. He took the short walk to the lake and noticed another. If he remembered correctly, he was Ralyx, if not, then he could care less. Before he jumped into the lake he noticed someone say, towards Ralyx, "So, you got naked right next to me while I was asleep, should I be worried about what you are trying to tell me?"

He noticed it was Leo and couldn't help but wander why being nude was so hard for the Imperial to be. Or perhaps it wasn't actually being nude that was hard for him, maybe he was afraid of something harder. Wonderful, a homophobic. Oh, who cares, I quite like my body and I'm sure the girls do to. His thoughts, as arrogant as ever, continued for several minutes. He imagined himself on a mountain top. He was wearing a cape, his nice Daggerfall attire, and two beautiful girls clinging to his legs. He was holding his sword up in the air as if to challenge the sky itself. One of these days... one of these days.

He was shook from his thoughts by Che'anni, "Well this is a surprise, I didn't know you two had a thing going and I hope I ain't interrupting your special time together."

"Well! Why don't we all have some special time together. That way no-one is left out and we can all enjoy each other's company." He looked around at each one of them, winked, and dived into the lake. It was cold at first but the chill soon gave way to warmth.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts