• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Chapter 9: Lord Xan

The heroes were flying quickly to get back to Xan before he destoryed the Divines. It was a race against time and Xan was determined to make them lose. He was sending flying shadow people to attack Odahviing and Durnehviir, the dragons that the team was riding on. The dragons and Argon did a pretty good job shouting keeping them at bay, but every once in a while a few would get through and the heroes would have to try to kill the shadows without falling off the dragons. Eventually though, they were right above the open castle throne room. This is where the final battle would take place, if they failed here then all would be lost. They had to defeat Xan no matter what. The dragons flew down and let the heroes off, then they took to the skies to try to stop the shadows falling from above.

The sky was completely dark the sun was a red and black swirling mess, shadow people were being summoned from the darkness, and the shadows seemed to grow larger. The swirling portal to Xan's realm was open and swirling in the sky, though nothing was coming out of it. It seemed all of the regular non-humanoid shadows in the world were growing towards Xan. You could just feel the evil in the air and the chaos being caused. On the ground of the throne room was rubble from the broken roof, near the throne was Auriels Bow, and in the middle of the room were a beaten, bleeding, and barely alive, Nine Divines. Next to the Divines was Serana who was sitting there, she was also beaten just not as bad, holding her arm. Standing above them was Xan, the very person the heroes were tasked to stop.

"Give up Xan. Your rein of terror is over. You and your army are going down." said Argon

"So you decided not to heed my advice and stop trying to defeat me. Very well, it seems I have no choice but to kill you myself." said Xan

"There is no chance for you to win." said Nerevar pointing the tip of his blade at Xan

"Oh but there is. You see, I have a very powerful ally on my side. One of you is rather familiar with him, yes one of you has fought him before. But which one of you was it? And which of your many enemies could it be? Guess you'll find out soon enough." said Xan

"Ally or no ally we will stop you and save the Divines. You cannot kill them they are too powerful." said Garnin

"So I have learned. But I can easily erase them from existence. All I did was simply transform my realm that your nine friends made for me, into a vortex of darkness that will destroy anything that goes into it. Whatever enters will be crushed and completely wiped out by the shadows." said Xan, "I plan to cast the Divines and your little girlfriend Argon, into it."

"You will do no such thing." said Fayen

"Watch me." said Xan

"Give me Serana and the divines." said Argon

"Just stop now Xan and maybe I won't turn you into cheese, although cheese is too good for you. Maybe I will turn you into some kind of bad cheese, like goat cheese. I really hate goat cheese." said Sheogorath

"The Madgod of cheese..." muttered Garnin

"It's too late you heroes. I will destroy you, then I will throw the Divines and this girl into my vortex. But Argon, just to torture you, I will leave you barely alive so you can watch your girlfriend die. Then, as you scream for her I will slowly and painfully kill you." said Xan

"Although, now that I think about it, how did you get the Divines? Just a quick question before we kill you." asked Nerevar

"Remember that elf who poisoned the emperor? The one the Divines were going to torture? Yeah, he was working for me. He had to die, he knew he would. So the plan was, once I was free he would use the powers I gave him to capture the Divines. He was a much better servant than Haldan. His soul escaped though. I believe he will be coming here with my army, he should be here soon." said Xan

Fayen got an angry and anxious look on his face, he wanted that soul to arrive so badly. Then as if he had been cued, the soul came down from the sky and landed in front of Fayen. It seemed as though he was egging him on.

"Revenge time bitch." said Fayen through gritted teeth

"Let's do this." said Nerevar

The battle began, Fayen broke off from the group to attack the elf soul, the rest of the heroes except Argon charged Xan and his army. Argon ran through, dodging spells and weapons. He stumbled across the Divines and Serana. Akatosh told him that they would be fine and he had to hurry and get on with his plan.

Argon listened and ran through the army, killing a few shadows along the way, until he came across a little cover. It was a part of the roof that had fallen inside, it leaned away from the wall onto a pile of rubble, to reveal the sun. It made a mini hallway like structure. The slab ran parallel to the side wall, until it met and touched the back wall. Argon figured this would be as good of cover as he would get. He ran all the way back, the thing was only about five feet, and he crouched down. Then a thought hit Argon, he should have grabbed the bow as he was running through the battle. He face palmed himself, but decided it was too late and not to worry about it now.

Nerevar then called, "Argon hurry! I don't know how much longer we can hold out!"

Argon called back, "I'm working on it!"

"Well work faster!" called Fayen

"I'm doing the best I can!" said Argon

"Do better!" shouted Sheogorath

"Will you all just shut up and let him read the damn scroll!" shouted Garnin

Argon still crouched down, pulled out the Elder Scroll. He hesitated a second worried that he would go blind, but then he remembered that he could read Elder Scrolls, he had some dwemer knowledge that allowed him to without going blind. He hadn't read one in so long he had forgot. Besides Akatosh wouldn't let him go blind. He knew his plan and would not let him go blind because of it. Armed with his new confidence, Argon opened the scroll and read it. As he read it, he didn't notice any of the surrounding chaos, all noise and disturbances were blocked out. Now he had to hope that the heroes would do a good job covering him. If they wanted to beat Xan, he could not die.

Nerevar was taking on Xan head on, Nerevar with his glass sword, and Xan with his long wispy, shadowy, black, blade. They sung at each other and their sword connected, they both pushed against each others blades. "Just wait Xan, you are about to die." said Nerevar "Your confidence is rather frightening, but it won't help." said Xan. Their blades broke apart, and Nerevar stabbed at Xan. Xan caught the blade under his arm, and brought his down on it and shattered it. Xan then kicked Nerevar back and he fell over. Nerevar got up and swung at Xan with his hand. He kicked him and punched him, but Xan simply called the shadows and raised him up into the air, ready to crush him and rip off his flesh.

Garnin and Sheogorath were working together, Garnin used his big battle axe, and Sheogorath dressed as the Divine Crusader, which is only fitting for him since he was battling for the Divines, used the Sword and Shield of the Crusader. Garnin and Sheogorath had their backs to each other, and they moved around in a circle slicing at the shadows. Garnin brought his blade down on a shadow then pulled it up and cut six more in half. Sheogorath swung his sword and the enchantment on it burned them. The light from the fire burning a shadow killed a few others. One shadow dove at Sheogorath, but he knocked it over his head with his shield. The shadow flew through the air above Garnin, and Garnin sliced it in half in mid air. Eventually, the handle on Garnin's axe broke, and his sword seemed to be stuck in its sheath, there was no time to try to get it out though. Sheogorath's sword enchantment wore out, and it stopped doing so much to the shadows. Then they started closing in on the two, and they were overwhelmed. They tried holding out as long as they could using magic, but it didn't do as much damage against these super shadows.

Fayen was busy battling the soul he had tasked himself with killing. The soul still had powers from Xan and he was able to summon more shadows and make the army stronger. But Fayen was not discouraged. He swung his sword at the soul, then spun around and back kicked him. He grew angry and pulled out his sword. The two clashed. Swords went flying. They smashed into each other and pulled away, and smashed into each other again. Fayen hit the soul with the but of his sword, right in its nose. There was a crack, and his nose was obviously broke, though since he was a soul, no blood came pouring out. The soul stumbled over. This gave Fayen the perfect opening. He brought his blade crashing down on the souls head, and cut him in half longways. The soul disappeared into air right to the Void.

"Good riddance." muttered Fayen

Fayen turned around and saw the approaching army. They were closing in on him from all sides. He couldn't take them all, just by himself.

Nerevar was about to be crushed, Sheogorath and Garnin were weaponless, and Fayen was trapped and overwhelmed. All seemed lost for the heroes, and just as they were about to die, the darkness disappeared. The sun came out and Argon stood up from his cover and walked out holding an Elder Scroll. The sun killed all of the shadows, and Xan dropped Nerevar. Xan stood there dying, he was holding his head, and little patches of light appeared on him. The sun was breaking through him. Then before he died, he shouted a few words to his ally, "ALDUIN! MERGE WITH ME!!!!!" Then, from the realm above, a body less dragon soul flew out. Xan thrust out his arms, and the soul hit him. It flew into Xan and merged with him. Then a transformation took place. There was a big flash of light and Xan stood there, grinning. Alduin was sustaining him.

"How...?" said Nerevar

"My ally. He merged with me. I have a dragon soul now. Guess what? I'm half human half dragon now. I'm dragonborn." said Xan still grinning

"How is Alduin alive?! I killed him!" said Argon

Then a voice other than Xan's spoke, Argon recognized it as Alduin, "Dovahkiin. Before you could capture my soul I escaped through the Heavens of Sovngard. There I found a portal to the world. I knew I couldn't do anything in soul form, so I waited. I eventually started wishing that I would have let you absorb me. Then, a few years ago, Xan who was closer than ever before found me in the world. He made me an offer, once he broke free and took over the world, him and I would merge. Become one. I would have a body again. And Xan would then be dragonborn. The most powerful one ever. Armed with the soul of the most powerful dragon, and able to control shadows. Nothing could stop us."

"Until we came." said Nerevar

"To be honest, we actually didn't care very much." said Xan

"Well Xan you are a real dumb ass. It's my destiny to destroy Alduin! Now that you are Alduin, I have a big advantage and you are dead." said Argon

"No, it is the destiny of the dragonborn to destroy him. I am dragonborn now. It is my destiny, and I will not destroy Alduin." said Xan

"You are not a real dragonborn. You may be half dragon but being dragonborn requires Akatosh's favor. You must have dragon-blood, and you have to be able to absorb dragon souls. You are a fake." said Argon

"Alduin has made my blood dragon-blood, he used to have Akatosh's favor, and Alduin is capable of absorbing souls. Remember? He fed off them in Sovngarde." said Xan

"No matter. I will destroy you and Alduin." said Argon

"So will we." said the team

"No." said Akatosh, "You stay back. It is his destiny."

"Let us finish this." said Xan and Alduin

The two dragonborn's raised their swords and ran at each other. Argon ducked under Xan's sword and grabbed his leg and flipped him. As he was going down Argon smashed his back with the hilt of his sword. Xan got um and summoned shadows to hold Argon's legs and wirst so Argon looked like a human X. Xan walked up to him and punched him in the face. He kneed him in the gut. Then he pulled out a dagger and slowly drew a cut on Argon's face. "This will all be over soon." Xan said. He raised his dagger and was about to to stab him through the head, when Argon looked at him and shouted him back. Xan flew into the back wall and fell down. Argon pulled against his binds, somehow able to resist the shadows. He kept pulling and pulling and somehow he broke free. He walked toward Xan, and Xan looked at him. "How is this possible?! You broke free of my shadows!" said Xan

"That's one of the perks of being a real dragonborn. You are better at resisting things." said Argon

"No matter, at least I can tap into my dragon soul and become a dragon! Something you have only done once!" said Xan

Then a black mist formed around him and Xan started changing. The mist grew bigger and bigger until standing there before Argon, was his old enemy Alduin.

"Nice to see you again." said Argon

"This will surely be the last time." said Alduin

"Yes it will." said Argon

Then Argon pulled out his sword and used Dragonrend on Alduin. He was stuck on the ground.

"If that is how you want to play this, so be it." said Alduin

Alduin summoned meteors to fall from the sky, and he breather fire at Argon. Argon jumped out of the way and stabbed at Alduin's right front leg. Alduin maneuvered himself to the middle of the room. His table broke the throne. Argon ran at Alduin, and when he tried to bite him, Argon jumped up and used Alduin's jaw to propel him onto his back. He landed on Alduin's back and repeatedly slashed at his scales. He tried not to poke himself on the scales that were jutting up everywhere. He brought his sword down, into his back while Alduin was trashing trying to get him off. When the blade went through his back, Alduin screamed in pain and flung Argon off of him. Argon landed next to the throne. Dazed, Argon looked up to see Alduin towering above him. About to breath fire on him and burn him to a crisp. Rapidly Argon formed a plan, he dove out of the way and grabbed Auriel's Bow. He figured, Xan is still shadow, he will still be hurt by the sun if Alduin were not shielding him from it. So what if he made a mini sun to blow him up inside, where is not shielded by Alduin. Argon put an arrow on the bow. He had to be fast. Alduin turned to him ready to spew fire. Argon took a deep breath, and let go of the bow string. The arrow flew forward, right into Alduin's open mouth. Then it disappeared in the darkness. A second later a bring light was seen inside Alduin, and he yelled. So did Xan.

Alduin rolled over writhing in pain. Him and Xan dying. But before their combined soul was able to take off and find a new host, Argon pounced on the soul. He forced the soul to be absorbed. He stood up on top of Alduin's bones, the soul entering him. Once it was done he jumped down from the bones. He walked over to the Divines and the heroes and Serana. He hugged Serana, then shook the hands of his friends.

"You did a good think here Argon." said Akatosh

"You destroyed the Xan and Alduin." said Mara

"Do not worry, they were not really dragonborn. You are the true dragonborn." said Talos

"The world owes you a debt of gratitude." said Dibella

"You really are a great leader." said Nerevar

"I knew you could do it grand-son." said Sheogorath

"What are we going to do about the portal though? It's still open. If something goes into it it is gone." said Fayen

"We can close it." said Zenithar

"Won't be hard, it has no master anymore, and we made it." said Julianos

All of a sudden Argon started yelling in pain.

"What's wrong?!" asked everyone, shocked by his outburst.

"It's them! Xan's soul is sustaining him and Alduin! Xan's soul is too powerful to absorb! His soul is protecting Alduin! They are trying to take over!" said Argon

"You have to fight them!" shouted Garnin

"I'm trying!" said Argon, "Too much! Can't... destroy them!"

"Come on Argon!" said Garnin

"Have to destroy them... Only one way..." said Argon losing the battle

"How?!" said Nerevar

Argon looked up at the portal. Argon somehow managed to keep the souls down but they would take over again soon.

"You can't be serious!" shouted Sheogorath

"I am." said Argon

"No! I won't let you!" shouted Serana

"Serana..." said Argon

"No! Damn it Argon! No! You can't do this to us!" shouted Serana tears in her eyes

Argon just looked at her sadly.

"But... You have to.... Don't you? And I can't stop you can I?" asked Serana

"I'm sorry. I have only held them down a little. I have to do it. If I don't they will take over and kill me. Then using my body and powers, they will take over Tamriel." said Argon

"We understand." said Akatosh, "A hero's sacrifice... I was hoping this wouldn't end in one..."

"Goodbye all of you. I love you all." said Argon

Him and Serana kissed one last time. Then Argon walked under the portal, raised his hands and since he was able to use the power of any soul he absorbed, he used Xan's power to cause the portal to pull him up.

"Get ready to be erased from existence you sons of bitches. Your time is up." said Argon

"NOOOO!!!!!!" shouted Alduin and Xan

"Do something you fool!" shouted Alduin

"I'm trying!" shouted Xan

Argon allowed the portal to pull him up. He was completely pulled in. Everyone stood there, watching for about ten minutes. Then the portal closed and collapsed on itself. The realm had been destroyed.

"Is he, you know out there?" Nerevar asked Arkay

"I have tried checking the dead for him. He is not there. He is completely wiped from existence. I have checked for any signal of a Dragonborn in Tamriel. I have found none. Argon is gone." said Arkay

"But if he was in soul form, could you bring him back to life?" asked Sheogroath

"No. Not without his body, besides you can only be brought back to life one time." said Arkay

"But Nerevar was brought back to life twice." said Fayen

"He was reincarnated, then resurrected. If I were to reincarnate Argon, he would remember nothing, he would no longer be Dragonborn, and he would be a kid again. Besides I can't do that without his soul." said Arkay

"Well what now?" Garnin asked Nerevar

"Why are you asking me?" asked Nerevar

"Because you have always been Argon's second in charge. Now that he is gone, you are the leader. So what now?" asked Garnin

"First off, we are going to have a holiday on this day each year to memorialize Argon and his sacrifice. Also, we will never let this team separate again. Argon died to keep Tamriel safe, we will honor that sacrifice by never stopping this team. We are Tamriel's protectors. We will neutralize any and all threats to Tamriel." said Nerevar

"We will look out for any threats you may need to stop." said Akatosh

"I guess all I can really do is look after Lakeview Manor. Argon loved that place." said Serana trying to hold back her tears

"Go ahead, cry. You have much to cry about, you have earned the right to cry." said Sheogorath trying to comfort her

Serana let out her tears.

"So, in Argon's name we will fight." said Nerevar

"For Argon!" he shouted

"For Argon!" shouted the rest of the team

ultimatedovahkiin

i am working on thinking of one, i have a few but i'm not sure yet. I will post a prologue on here soon, i may not open up the thread for a while, it's supposed to be my best one yet so i want it to look nice. so i have to work of that

Chirurgeon

how did Sheogorath know about the trap door? Which castle five miles from whiterun? Can a ward block a shout? Why was Akatosh the only one not on his knees?
If you answered this and I missed it forgive me :)

ultimatedovahkiin

how did Sheogorath know about the trap door? Which castle five miles from whiterun? Can a ward block a shout? Why was Akatosh the only one not on his knees?
If you answered this and I missed it forgive me :)

Sheogorath is the Hero of Kvatch, the hero from the game Oblivion, in the Thieves Guild Questline the last mission is one where you must steal an Elder Scroll, to break into the library of scrolls you must go through that trap door wearing a special pair of boots that will protect you from the fall. Akatosh was on his knees but he was able to talk because Xan allowed him to I didn't really explain it nor did I know how to. A ward can block a shout, it has happened to me multiple times in game and it pisses me off because I have to wait and defend myself until I can shout again, whereas with no ward the guy would be halfway down the mountain by the time I was able to shout again. There is no castle five miles from Whiterun in game but I put one in this story, I think I may have explained it but if not I meant to. After the events of the Soul Wars (the first fanfic of this series) Tamriel went into a time of construction and prosperity after their heroes returned. The story just said, if it did explain, that many buildings had been built after the Soul Wars. Sorry these were out of order, hope I explained it well enough, if you have any further questions feel free to ask. :) If you have already read this last chapter though, what did you think of it? Just wanna hear some thoughts about it. If you haven't read it yet, then you can answer once you have.

ultimatedovahkiin

Sheogorath is the Hero of Kvatch, the hero from the game Oblivion, in the Thieves Guild Questline the last mission is one where you must steal an Elder Scroll, to break into the library of scrolls you must go through that trap door wearing a special pair of boots that will protect you from the fall. Akatosh was on his knees but he was able to talk because Xan allowed him to I didn't really explain it nor did I know how to. A ward can block a shout, it has happened to me multiple times in game and it pisses me off because I have to wait and defend myself until I can shout again, whereas with no ward the guy would be halfway down the mountain by the time I was able to shout again. There is no castle five miles from Whiterun in game but I put one in this story, I think I may have explained it but if not I meant to. After the events of the Soul Wars (the first fanfic of this series) Tamriel went into a time of construction and prosperity after their heroes returned. The story just said, if it did explain, that many buildings had been built after the Soul Wars. Sorry these were out of order, hope I explained it well enough, if you have any further questions feel free to ask. :) If you have already read this last chapter though, what did you think of it? Just wanna hear some thoughts about it. If you haven't read it yet, then you can answer once you have.

actually I just checked, I didn't really explain the castle in the story. Fayen said, how long has this been here? and Garnin answered, probably since after the Soul Wars.

ultimatedovahkiin

So I have decided to post about the next two fanfics. The third in the series will be about, an ancient evil who was prophecised to come at the end of the world, is returning to Tamriel. He has a backstory which I will not put on here because it will either be told in chapter 1 or the prologue, still trying to decided which. His name is Apocapher and he has the powers of all the Divines AND the Daedra (yes that does include Sheogorath mostly, but that will be explained also), making them powerless against him. The only Divine Power he does not have is the power of the Dragonborn. But he's gone. Dead. No more. BUT there is hope, as the Divines have located a man by the name of Kriid. Kriid is a masked vigilante who has been protecting Skingrad for the past year. The Divines tell the team that Kriid may be the key to defeating Apocapher. The team quickly rushes to recruit Kriid, but Kriid refuses to tell them anything about himself or his past, and he seems to be holding a secret a BIG secret. But how can they trust this mysterious man?

For the fourth fanfic, which will be out in a matter of months since we still need the third, not much planning has gone into this and that's good because the third is supposed to be the biggest, but, I have decided a possible plot which I am still trying to decide on. Bascially, it's going to be a zombie apocalypse. But these aren't the normal zombies where there is some disease and they need a cure. No, this one is different. Something causes the zombies in the Alyeid ruins to come out of the ruins. The invasion starts in Cyrodiil since that is where the ruins are. And the team has to try to find the cause of the invasion and stop it before the zombies spread all across Tamriel. Like I said though, this won't be out for a while.

ultimatedovahkiin

So I just got done with pictures of the team for #3 which will be titled The Prophecy of Apocapher and I decided to share them on here. The last two are (obviously) not pics of characters from the story. Credit for the mods used: Sheogorath: titled: Knights of the Nine V2.6, by Maty743; Kriid: titled: Green Arrow Follower, by jpdoctor; Deathstroke: Deathstroke Follower, also by jpdoctor; Iron Man: Ironman's Assistance, by cordelephant Each of these mods are available on the Steam Workshop. The pics still need some editing to get rid of that bar at the top, but I will do that later. In order each pic is: Nerevar, Sheogorath, Kriid, Garnin, Fayen, (next two are not in story, the just look cool and I wanted to share those two mods for anyone interested) Deathstroke, Ironman.

Nerevar.jpgSheogorath.jpgkriid.jpgGarnin.jpgFayen.jpgdeathstroke.jpgiron man.jpg

ultimatedovahkiin

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts