• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
So by now the plans of the Shadow King, Xan, have been revealed. His loyal Servant Haldan has been introduced, and mention of a cult of Xan has been made. But what is Xan's story? What happened years ago between him and the divines? And why is he so scared of the team and desperate to have them destroyed? All of this coming most likely this weekend. Be ready for Chapter 5: The Story of Xan. Note: This story may be get rather dark, and will be using some swearing throughout the story to try to add to the suspense. If you have any problems like think I am going too overboard with any of that please message me or leave me a comment about what you found not appropriate, I will be happy to look into it and if I agree (and I am a pretty understanding person) I will do my best to dial it down.

ultimatedovahkiin

well do not worry i should have one out tomorrow i am finally out for the summer so i should be getting chapters out a lot faster.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 5: The Story of Xan
The team sat was sitting and waiting for the Divines to arrive and tell them everything they needed to know about their upcoming mission. Argon had noticed that Sheogorath was rather distraught at since the loss of the Shivering Isles just the day before. Argon felt it was his job to try to make his grandfather feel better.

"I know how upset you must be right now. When I had been fighting in the Civil War the Stormcloaks had come and taken over Whiterun. I was new to Skyrim, had only been living there for two months, and I had joined the Legion when we found out that Whiterun was going to be attacked we got there as quickly as we could. We fought our hearts out but the Stormcloaks ended up winning. I had been living in Whiterun most of my time in Skyrim and I felt that I had lost my home, but we fought back and defeated the Stormcloaks and took Whiterun back. Which is exactly what we will do for the Shivering Isles. We will destroy the Shadow King and save the Shivering Isles and the world." Argon told Sheogorath

"Thank you Argon, for trying to comfort me. But I owned the Isles the people there were counting on me and I failed them. Now they are probably dead and this Shadow King is letting his darkness run freely throughout the Isles." said Sheogorath

"But it won't be forever. We will do whatever it takes to save your home, but we need you. With your power and abilities we will make short work of the Shadow King and his army."

"I suppose you are right Argon. Let us bring this so called Shadow King down." said Sheogorath with a new burning desire to destroy Xan

The Divines appeared in the middle of the circular table and Akatosh said, "Okay lets get to work."

Julianos stepped forward, "So, as you know there is a great evil awakening and he wants revenge. What you don't know is his story, allow me to explain. A couple centuries ago, there was a necromancer who went by the name of Torin Dark. Torin was just a rather weak necromancer, all of the other necromancers in his group were much more powerful than him. All of them excelled in the Dark Arts and quickly rose through the ranks, one of them named Aerin, had been Torin's best friend. That is until Aerin became group leader. Aerin had been believed to be the necromancer of the great necromancer prophecy which states that one necromancer will rise above all others as the most powerful. That necromancer would then learn to control a great power that could only be used by this chosen one. He would use this power to take over Tamriel and even duel the Divines. Though he never did master any special power he everyone including him believer he did, which caused Aerin to be worshiped as a god by the necromancers, and then Aerin believing all of this started to change. He wanted his group to be the most powerful and have no weakness bringing them down. He vowed to ensure this even if it meant casting out his best friend as if he were a month old rotten tomato. Torin was greatly upset at this betrayal and swore revenge on Aerin and the rest of his old group. He searched everywhere for something that could give him an advantage over the necromancers. He searched for years but did not find anything. Until one day, while searching a cave he stumbled across a secret room. Inside the room there were purple and black jewels lineing the walls. It was dark, though somehow Torin could see. The walls were black and shiny as if it was made of some sort of black marble. In the back of the room there was a pedestal curling the pedestal in a swirl were more black and purple gems. And on top of the pedestal there was a book, The Book of Shadows. It was as dark as night and when Torin opened it up, words appeared in red. The words were not written in ink however, and seemed to be written in magic. Torin shoved the book in his sack and ran out of the cave. He went back to his home which was a crumbling tower in Cyrodiil. In the tower in a dark secluded room, Torin read the book. He studied it and practiced night and day, until finally, he mastered the dark necromancer art which all other necromancers failed at mastering. Armed with his new power, Torin returned to his old necromancer group. They all rejected him as being too weak. They would not let him return. But that was when Torin informed them he didn't want to return. Instead, he demonstrated to them his dark power. He slaughtered all of the necromancers who realized it was Torin who was the chosen one, and not Aerin. Then, after killing the necromancers, Torin went for the big prize. He went into the room set aside for the leader. Torin found Aerin asleep inside, he awoke him. Aerin stood up shocked to see Torin. Then he looked through the doorway and saw all of the dead necromancers. Some of them skinned, others covered in a cloud of darkness, and some who were just dead with no scratches. Aerin was surprised at all of this chaos caused by this weak necromancer who stood before him. Aerin knew what had to be done, use his chosen one powers to destroy this rogue necromancer. When Aerin tried and failed at using any chosen one powers he might have, Torin just laughed and grinned evilly. He raised up his hands and all the shadows in the fort seemed to grow. They all grew until they met at Aerin. He was wrapped in a cocoon of shadows he could not break free from and he then realized that he was not the chosen one, rather his old ex-friend Torin was. Torin looked into Aerin's eyes right before he commanded the shadows to crush him. Torin released and Aerin's dead body dropped to the ground. A changed man, Torin walked out of the fort completely unharmed. He then realized that he had a job to do. And to do it he had to break free of his human form. He went back to the book, and he read that he simply needed to focus on all of the shadows and command them to him. So he did, and all of the shadows in the world seemed to vanish for a moment and went to Torin. He commanded all of the shadows to go into him then they grew. Completely transforming him and his body into a black, wispy, spectral-like, human. He was a living 3 dimensional shadow. He still looked like himself, except his was a black spectral form with a slight black mist floating around him. He then took to the sky and landed on top of the White Gold Tower in the Imperial City. There, he commanded the shadows and created an army. The sky went completely dark and shadows everywhere were killing people. Finally, we Divines decided enough was enough. We appeared in front of Torin, who changed his name to Xan and gave himself the title The Shadow King, and we challenged him to a fight. Xan put up a fight and almost destroyed us. In the end, we put our powers together and banished him into a realm of shadows we had just created. In our hurry to create the realm, we did not secure it very well and Xan was able to find a way to weaken the barrier and eventually destroy it, which is what will happen very soon. Xan has no doubt been making an army inside, but being exposed to so much shadows for so long has rendered him full shadow with no trace of human to protect him from light."

"You must not fail this mission or else everything is lost." said Akatosh

"You can count on us." said Argon

"We will bring down Xan." said Nerevar

"And save Tamriel." said Fayen

"And the Shivering Isles." said Sheogorath

"Xan won't know what hit him." said Garnin

----------
Xan once again appeared to Haldan to check on his progress of destroying the team and getting the bow.
"I'm sorry my lord but I can't seem to find the team, I am doing my best but---"
"Well do better! They must be defeated!" shouted Xan
"Why? Why of all people are you so afraid of them?" asked Haldan
"Because, they are Tamriel's greatest heroes they have defeated every great threat to Tamriel. Argon even defeated Sithis himself! Sithis! As for the bow, Argon has it so he must be destroyed so that we can get it! Without it I am trapped in this realm!"
"I'm doing my best, but they seem to have left the world." said Haldan
"That is not possible!" said Xan
"But it is, remember, they have Sheogorath with them maybe he took them to Oblivion." said Haldan
"But we have his realm! He cannot go there!"
"Okay my lord, just be patient they will be back eventually I know it." said Haldan
"And when they do you must destroy them. Do not make me mad Haldan, I have taken the liberty of allying myself with a great and powerful force. If you fail me him and I will wipe you out completely." said Xan

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 6: Captured

The Divines had sent Argon and the team to Argon's home in the Falkreath Hold so that he could get his family and they would be taken to the place the Divines had set up. It was the only place that was even close to safe at these times. If the Shadow King was freed then no where would be safe not even that little area. A dark evil force was about to break free and destroy the world. Argon and the heroes had to stop Xan if not everything would be covered in darkness and the Divines would be destroyed.

"Serana you have to come with us, do not try to fight. You will only be killed, and I won't let that happen to you." Argon pleaded with Serana as she was being very reluctant about going to wait in a room while Argon was out fighting.

"I'm sorry Argon but I am not going to just sit around and let the world perish. I did that during the Soul Wars, trust me, I would have rather been fighting." said Serana

"I know, but it is just too dangerous to let you. This time and in the Soul Wars you would die." said Argon

"Argon, we have been through so much together and have gone on so many dangerous adventures and I never died." argued Serana

"Because we fought your vampire father, he wasn't very dangerous. This guy, Xan, can control shadows! He could just creep up on you and kill you!" said Argon

"Miraak was powerful also! He was Dragonborn just like you!" said Serana

"But you weren't there for the fight! Only I was there. And I beat him by myself! I guess with a little help from H. Mora, but I did mot of it!" said Argon

"You really should listen to him Serana, I have seen the power of this guy, I watched as he wiped the flesh off someone just by engulfing her in shadows." said Garnin

"And he took over my realm, The Shivering Isles. A daedric realm. And he took it over." said Sheogorath

"Not to mention, he has almost killed the Divines before and if he breaks free he will be able to kill them." said Nerevar

"We are just trying to look out for you." said Fayen

"You can take the girls and their husbands, but I will not go with you." said Serana

"Please please please don't be like this. It is not a good time." said Argon

"Then when is a good time? When Alduin was about to destroy the world? Oh wait, I wasn't there." said Serana

"Even if I had known you when I fought Alduin it still wouldn't have been a good time. He was much too powerful also." said Argon

"Please mom, just come with us." said Sissel

"Just stop being like this, it's not helping anything." said Lars

"You know deep down you probably won't make it." said Dorthe

"You're just not as powerful as these other guys..." said Frodnar

"It doesn't matter how powerful I am! I refuse to sit around while my world is being threatened!" shouted Serana

Then, everything got dark. There were not lights, it seemed as though the shadows had just crept up and knocked them all out. Then Argon lit a few torches, and standing inside the house were black shadowy creatures. They cringed when the light hit them but quickly recovered. The drew their swords as did the humans. They charged into battle. Argon swung his sword around and pierced one of them. He turned just in time to dodge the blade of another as it was about to hit his head. Instead the blade sliced another shadow in half. Argon stabbed the attacker and turned to face other opponents. He slashed the head off five at once and shouted a few more into the fire. He turned to see Serana battling the shadows also while the girls and their husbands hid in another room and barricaded the doors. Eventually all the shadows in the house were gone. The team and Serana went on top of the tower in the house and found the sky completely dark and shadow people falling from the sky. Everywhere they looked were shadow people. Xan had seemingly begun his invasion of Skyrim.

Argon looked around but could not see the ground. Below them was a sea of shadows. The roof behind them was being filled by the shadow people. They crept closer with their weapons drawn, but Argon Fus Ro Dah'ed them right off the roof and into the sea below. The team and Serana slid down the roof and into the sea of shadow people. Argon shouted a couple times and carved out a circular area for the team to fight in. throughout the fight shadow people kept falling from the skies. The shadows leeped forward into the circle but were destroyed. Fayen used his bow to try to keep them out. Nerevar burned them with spells. Sheogorath summoned random creatures, from tiny mudcrabs to giant whales, to fight the creatures. Garnin raised his battle axe, yelled, "DIE!!!!!" and ran into the shadow people. Argon slashed anything that got too close. Serana used her drain life spell to destroy them.

"I still don't agree that you should stay behind." said Argon to Serana as he cut the head off a shadow

"Well that's too bad because I haven't died yet." replied Serana after she stabbed a shdow who had got too close

"That's because we are here." said Argon grabbing Serana's hand and spinning her to his other side so she could stab a shadow

"See? We still work well together, you and I." said Serana

"But that won't bring down the Shadow King." said Argon pulling her right up to him.

Serana dropped down and slid between his legs and knocked a shadow off its feet. Argon turned around a drove a dagger into its head.

"It would help." said Serana

"But not much. He would have us both in a shadow before we could do anything." said Argon as he picked up a shadow and threw it into a few other shadows approaching the circle.

"Well that's too bad." said Serana, "Because even if you won't let me come with you I will still fight."

"Don't make me have to shout you through the portal like I did Sheogorath." said Argon

"It's not a very pleasant feeling." said Sheogorath

"Too bad. I will put up a ward and block your shout. I know how you hate it when people do that." said Serana

"I really don't want to keep arguing this Serana!" said Argon

"It seems like you do!" shouted Serana

"Well I don't!" shouted Argon

"Um, guys...." said Fayen

"WHAT?!" shouted Argon and Serana at the same time

"Look up!" replied Fayen

Everyone looked up, the speed at which the shadows were falling was becoming more rapid.

"Alright, I have an idea. Fayen cover Garnin. Garnin fight your ass off. Sheogorath a Nerevar you try to merge your spells. Serana.... you um, cover Sheogorath and Nerevar." commanded Argon

"What about you?" asked Nerevar

"I'm going to try and stop this." said Argon

Argon called Odahviing, and when he arrived Argon climbed on his back. They flew up high into the air crashing through the darknes. Odahviing had to use fire a few times to able to see and to break the darkness, but after they were high enough, they were above the darkness. The sun was still in the sky and they saw that the darkness only covered Lakeview Manor, it just looked like it covered Skyrim. So Xan still wasn't that powerful. Then from the darkness below, flying shadows attacked Odahviing. Odahviing breathed fire and burnt most of them but they kept coming. Argon took Auriel's Bow off his back and got a Sunhallowed Arrow ready to fire. Suddenly, Odahviing was hit in the stomach and he went into a barrel roll. When they went upside down, all of the arrows were dumped out of the quiver, and Argon dropped the one he just had. Just in time though Argon reached out and managed to catch one. Just one. One shot. One chance. He had to hit the sun. The other arrows fell into the darkness. Argon aimed at the sun and let go of the arrow. Too late. Shadows flew at the arrow to stop it. It was over. The heroes were done. Just in time, Odahviing let loose a stream of fire and burnt the shadows without burning the arrow. The arrow hit the sun, and streams of light flew out it and hit the small patch of darkness. Odahviin and Argon landed and watched as the darkness was destroyed. The heroes cheered and the girls and their husbands came out to watch.

They had defeated a small patch of darkness but Xan was still coming. Then, a veil of darkness engulfed everyone, and a voice called out, "You heroes have not won this battle! I have what I came for!" Serana was being suspended in the air my shadows. She could not talk, or move.

"Put her down Xan." said Argon

"No, I'd rather take her as a trophy." said Xan

"Give her back or I will thu'um you and the rest of your little army into Oblivion." said Argon

"Such a mouth on you Argon. But you are all talk. If you want her, come get her." said Xan

"Oh I will." snarled Argon and he charged at Serana

"Argon wait!" called Nerevar too late. Argon was blasted back and Xan let out an evil laugh.

"Oh what fun this is. I can't wait until I am free and I will watch as I split your skull." said Xan

"You had better hope I don't have to deal with you Xan." said Argon

Xan laughed and the darkness disappeared.

"What now?" asked Fayen

"Now, we find Serana and we take her back. Then we destroy Xan." said Argon "How?" asked Sheogorath "I'm not sure. Sissel, get me a pack of Sunhallowed Arrows from the armory. Put each arrow we have in one pack. Those packs are magic so you should be able to fit every arrow into one." said Argon, "As for the rest of you, team, get ready for a big fight, Dorthe, Lars, Sissel, and Frodnar, the Divines will be here for you soon. You will be safe where they take you. I promise."

---------
"Haldan." said Xan, "I have the girl, but where is the bow? Oh that's right you don't have it. Instead, thanks to your lack of being able to get the bow Argon was able to use it to beat me at Lakeview Manor. Oh that reminds me, you still haven't destroyed that team yet have you? No. You haven't. You'd better get your plops together or else I will destroy you and give your powers to someone more worthy."
"I am working on it Lord. I am forming a plan. But you have the girl?" said Haldan
"Yes. What does that have to do with anything?" asked Xan
"Well that changes everything. No doubt Argon wants her back and will do whatever it takes to get her.... So I have a plan that will, destroy the heroes, get the bow, and free you." said Haldan
"And what is your plan?" asked Xan
"We set a trap. Using the girl as bait." grinned Haldan maliciously

ultimatedovahkiin

So I know I am only going on chapter 7, but the story will probably be done soon. There will probably be only three or four more chapters, meaning that the story will only go to like chapter 10 or 11. Because, like I said, I have big plans for the next fanfic that I am just dying to get out of my head on here. There will be a very big ending to this one however. And the identity of Xan's ally mention in chapter 5 will be revealed.

Reaper87

吉光
This is awesome - The characters are interesting, and so far the plot is good. Well done, ultimatedovahkiin!

Reaper87

吉光
"And what is your plan?" asked Xan
"We set a trap. Using the girl as bait." grinned Haldan evilly
Just some constructive criticism, I don't think that 'evilly' is a word. Perhaps you could replace it with 'maliciously'. Other than that, a cool fanfic.​

ultimatedovahkiin

Just some constructive criticism, I don't think that 'evilly' is a word. Perhaps you could replace it with 'maliciously'. Other than that, a cool fanfic.

alright, yeah I didn't think it was either, but i checked the spellcheck when i tried typing evily and it said evilly was a word. But thanks I'll go do that.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 7: Saving Serana
Argon was mad. He had just witnessed the girl he loved be taken away by the dark force he was trying to stop. But how could he stop him, when he was safe inside a realm Argon couldn't go to? All he knew is that Xan was messing with him. He was trying to anger him by taking Serana and Argon couldn't do anything about it. He was succeeding. All Argon could do was train and wait. Train and wait. That's all he and the team did for about two weeks. Until one day, a mysterious note seemed to appear in the armory of Lakeview Manor where the team had decided to set up base after the girls and their husbands left and went to the place the Divines had set up. The team decided to stay in Mundus because the battle was going to take place there, and they wanted to know the land better. Even if they didn't leave that little property they were on, they got to know the outside world better.

But enough of that, you want to know what the note said. Fine let me just drop everything and get back to the story by telling you about the mysterious note.

The note was just sitting there on the center table when the team went inside after a long and hard day of training. They all gathered around the table and sat down to eat when Argon noticed it. He quickly scooped it up and read it. It said:

I know you want your little girlfriend back. But her and I have became such great friends I even introduced her to a few friends of mine, They found her blood rather tasty. I guess though if you really wanted her back, I could part with her for a price. I want Auriel's Bow. It is the only way to free my master. If you are interested bring the bow to a castle. It is five miles west of Whiterun.
You'll know it when you see it. ~Haldan

"What is that Argon?" asked Nerevar

"A note. From someone named Haldan. He obviously works for Xan." answered Argon not taking his eyes off the note

"What's it say?" asked Sheogorath

"It says, if I want Serana back to bring Auriel's Bow to a castle five miles west of Whiterun."

"Why does he want the bow?" asked Fayen, "If it's a bow he wants I'll give him one of mine. I have a lot. Hell, I'll give him five bows if it will get your girlfriend back Argon."

"There must be some big purpose he wants that bow specifically." said Garnin

"It says that the bow is the only way to free Xan." said Argon

"How?" asked Fayen rhetorically

"I'm guessing it has something to do with the prophecy of the bow. If you take an elven arrow, and dip it in the blood of a daughter of Coldharbour and then shoot the Bloodcursed Elven Arrow at the sun, then it will black it out. Since Xan is a shadow and he can't go into light maybe he's like a vampire and if the sun is dark then he can wander about without worry of dying. And perhaps since he has such and influence on the darkness and shadows, he can make it stay dark permanently." said Argon somehow figuring out Xan's whole plan.

"So, if that happens and Xan breaks free, which we are assuming he can easily do as long as it's dark, then not only will the world go dark, be ruled by an evil overlord, and the Divines will be killed, but also vampires will be running rampant." said Garnin

"Sounds like it." said Argon

"The world will go mad." said Fayen

"I control madness, maybe I could try do something about it." said Sheogorath

"No, Xan is too powerful, if he could destroy the Divines he could destroy you. I already lost my girlfriend. I don't want to lose my great-grandfather too." said Argon

"Okay. I won't try then. So you're not going to give this Haldan fellow the bow right?" asked Sheogorath

"I have to. For Serana." said Argon

"But if you do Xan will break free!" exclaimed Nerevar

"But if I don't they might kill her!" said Argon

"But if Xan breaks free, then the world is gone and Xan wins." said Fayen

"I have no doubt that we won't be able to stop him. We are Tamriel's greatest and most powerful ever. We will be able to defeat Xan if we work together. And if we just seal Xan off, then all we are doing is blocking him for another couple centuries. But like Alduin did, he will return someday and the people then will have to deal with him. And by then we probably won't be here to stop him. We have to let him be set free so that we can kill him." said Argon

"I hope you know what you are talking about." Nerevar sighed

"Just trust me." said Argon

The next day, Argon and the team were arriving at the castle that Haldan had said to meet him at.

"This should be the place, it's the only castle for miles." said Argon

"How long has this been here?" asked Fayen

"Probably since after the Soul Wars." said Garnin

"Well let's go inside and find the Haldan guy." said Sheogorath

The team walked to the doors to the castle but were stopped by two guards. "This place is for worshipers of Xan only." said a guard

"If you don't worship him you had better hurry up and convert. Xan will be free soon and will take over this land and will destroy any who refuse to worship him." said the other guard

"Actually, we're still gonna go in." said Argon

The guards drew their swords but before they could attack Argon sliced their heads right off.

The team went inside the castle. Some guards charged out at them, but the team switfly killed them. One guard saw and alerted one of his friends. All the guards and vampires in the castle attacked the team on sight. One time a vampire bit a guard and turned him into a vampire, they both attacked. The guard with a new found strength and ability. They each woke up a gargoyle on the wall. The gargoyles and the vampires started attacking. Argon put away his sword and exchanged it for Auriel's Bow. He grabbed a Sunhallowed Elven Arrow and fired it at the older vampire. It pierced his armor and sunk into his flesh and then a mini explosion blew him and his friend back. The vampire Argon shot lay dead on the floor and his gargoyle turned into ash. The other vampire called a group of about twenty cultists and vampires to attack the team.

"Get that bow!" called one of the cultists

"Don't let them into that back room!" called another

"Kill them!" called the last

"What's going on in the back room?" asked Argon

"Haldan plans to turn a girl into a vampire and use her blood to black out the sun and free our lord!" cried a cultist cheerfully

"We have to get back there!" said Nerevar

"Not if we can help it!" said the cheerful cultist

The battle began. Argon fired a couple arrows into the crowd and blew up a couple. Garnin rushed into battle using a sword. Nerevar used his special glass sword. Fayen used a bow, and Sheogorath summoned spells. Argon pulled out his sword once more, but made sure to fasten the bow tightly to his back so that no one could grab it and take it. He used Fire Breath and lit a few people on fire. This only angered them though. Somehow, Argon thought, Xan must be helping them. This was anyway, the place where his cult lived, so his influence must be pretty big. Argon sliced the heads off of five cultists, the arms off of two vampires, a leg off one cultists, and broke the fangs of six vampires.

Eventually the last of the attackers had been beaten, and the team broke through the doors to the back room of the castle just in time to see Serana tied up and kneeling on the ground before the master vampire. There was a group of cultists and vampires watching the show. The vampire bit Serana and she screamed. She fell on the ground and squirmed around as her vampire blood returned. The cultists and vampires all cheered and clapped.

Argon stood there bewildered. He grabbed the bow and fired an arrow right into the head of the vampire and he fell backwards dead. The vampires and cultists all turned and looked at him and the team. Haldan stepped forward from the group.

"So you have decided to take me up on my offer and bring me the bow." said Haldan and looking through the open doors he said, "You seem to have made quite a mess getting in here."

"Your men attacked us, what else were we going to do?" snarled Argon

"You misunderstand, I'm fine you did. If you didn't then who would have brought me the bow? You can't trust minors with that kind of power. The power to bring Xan back or not. But I knew you would Argon. I have something, or someone, you want." said Haldan

"Here's the bow. Now give her to me." said Argon handing Haldan the bow

"You see Argon, I can't. We need her blood to be able to black out the sun and bring back Xan." said Haldan holding the bow close to him

"Then take her blood and give her back." commanded Argon

"Very well." said Haldan, He walked up to Serana, pulled out an Elven Arrow, and stabbed her with it right in the arm.

Serana screamed in pain and Haldan pulled the arrow out. Serana's blood shined on the tip of the arrow.

"NO!" shouted Argon

"Well, take her." said Haldan pushing Serana to Argon "But wouldn't you like to stay to watch me bring back my master?"

"I will stay long enough to kill you and your master for what you have done to Serana." said Argon

"Very well." said Haldan "Lord Xan! It is time for your release! I ask of you to blow the roof off of this castle so that I may fire this arrow into the sun!"

The roof blew right off, though the sun poured into the room, it only seemed to get darker inside.

Haldan laughed and yelled out loud, "Today is the day that Xan returns to take his revenge! The land shall be covered in darkness and the world taken over!"

Haldan raised the bow and aimed the arrow at the sun. He fired. The arrow broke through the air and crashed right into the sun. Instantlly, the sun turned red and a wave of darkness emerged and filled the sky. Then, a great portal opened up in the sky and inside was a black spiral. A dark shadowy man floated down to the ground in front of the team.

Haldan had disappeared. Xan stood before them now, laughing maliciously at his success.

"Now for the age of darkness!" said Xan he thrust his hands up and what appeared to be black lightning flashed.

"This ends here Xan. You will not make it farther than this throne room. Though your influence may be great, this is where you will fall." said Argon

"It's too late for that. I have the Divines." said Xan laughing then in front of him appeared nine figures, gagged and tied up with darkness.

The Divines were on their knees, the only one able to talk was Akatosh.

"I'm sending you five to the Imperial City. Haldan is there attacking. He is trying to take it over the Empire for Xan. You need to stop him." said Akatosh

"But we have to save you! And stop Xan!" said Argon

"Right now Haldan is a bigger concern. You cannot let him kill the Emperor." said Akatosh and before Argon had time to argue again they were standing in front of the White Gold Tower. All around the City was in chaos. Shadow people running everywhere, fires were burning, and on top of the tower was Haldan. He had one arm wrapped around the Emperor's waist, and another held a dagger to his throat.

ultimatedovahkiin

So yeah, probably just two more chapters. probably won't do an epilogue for this story because it is going to be ending in a way I don't really wanna ruin. After this is done which will probably be next week, i won't be putting the new fanfic out for probably three weeks because i am going to be busy for a while. but i will probably post the prologue to it on here.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 8: Haldan
Haldan had the emperor, he was about to slit his throat and kill him. If he did that, Tamriel would have no leader and that would leave an opening for Xan to take over and leave Haldan in charge. That couldn't happen. Especially not when Argon has just saved the poor man's life a few weeks earlier. Argon looked over at Fayen who had a very grim and angry look on his face. He then looked at Garnin who shared the same look.

"Don't even try to stop me heroes!" called Haldan from the top of the tower, "Now that Xan has been released, there is no chance of saving the world! Just give up!"

"Don't get too comfortable Haldan, Xan isn't going to be staying for long!" called up Argon

"I pity you heroes, I really do. You see all the chaos and destruction going on, but your minds are so clouded that you think you are capable of stopping it. Well you're not!"

"Fayen, you're good with a bow, think you can hit him from down here?" asked Argon

"No, the tower is too high. I can't get a clear shot, even if I could set my sights on him, I could hit Titus Mede." said Fayen, "We have to get to the top of the tower if we want to stop him."

"Can you call one of your dragon friends to help us out Argon?" asked Nerevar

"No, with all the shadows falling from the sky, we couldn't fly clearly we would be swerving so much that there would be no chance of staying on, and if too many landed on them then they could bring the dragon down."

"Well how about teleporting up there? Tell us why we can't do that Sheogorath." said Garnin

"Because when we disappear, the split second we are gone will be enough for Xan to capture us." said Sheogorath

"How?" asked Argon

"When we teleport there is a split second of darkness we go through, then we come out. Xan will be able to find us there, and use the darkness to crush us." said Sheogorath

"So I guess the only option is to fight our way to the top. Once we are up there, Fayen shoot the dagger out of Haldan's hand, no doubt he will use the emperor as a shield, the only place you will be able to hit is his dagger. Once the dagger is gone, Garnin charge Haldan and get the emperor away from him. Sheogorath, you deal with the shadows. Fayen and Garnin, get the emperor to safety. Nerevar and I will take on Haldan." said Argon

"Roger that." said Fayen

"Sounds like as good a plan as we can get." said Nerevar

"Sure thing." said Sheogorath

"You can count on Fayen and I." said Garnin

"Good, once the emperor is safe get back to the roof and help Sheogorath." said Argon

"Aye." Fayen and Garnin both said

With that the team drew their weapons, and broke through the doors of the tower. Instantly, they were charged by shadows. These shadows were different though, they were bigger, more muscular. They had bigger weapons and they looked a lot more grim. The team could not be distracted by this though, they had a job to do. And they had to do it fast, before Xan killed the Divines. So, the team raised their swords, and they charged the shadows. They slashed and sliced, blocked and parried. Limbs of the shadows fell off and then disappeared. Heads went flying, battle cries were shouted. Shadowy armor went flying. Finally, the team had cleared the first room.

"Argon, wouldn't this be much easier if you used Auriel's bow?" asked Fayen

"Good point." said Argon, he reached around his back and realized, "I don't have it."

"What do you mean you don't have it?!" shouted Nerevar

"I must have left it with Xan, I didn't have enough time to grab it before Akatosh teleported us here." said Argon

"Well that's just great! Xan has the one thing that could stop him! And now we are somehow expected to stop him! It's dark outside, we can't just bring him into the light!" said Sheogorath

"Or maybe we can...." said Argon

"Huh?" said the rest of the team.

"I have a plan, but we have to deal with Haldan first." said Argon

The team battled through the next few floors of the tower, then the came across a room. Inside, was the whole Council, they were all huddled together. When the door they freaked out and covered their heads begging for mercy.

"Calm down. We're not going to hurt you." said Argon

"Is that? Is that you dragonborn?" asked the High Chancellor stepping forward

"Yes and here is the rest of the team." said Argon motioning to the other heroes

"Then we are saved! The heroes of the Soul Wars, Tamriel's Greatest Heroes are here to save us!" said the High Chancellor

"The leader of the Shadow King's cult is on top of the roof, he has the emperor. We are going to get you guys out of here, and then we have to save the emperor. So let's hurry." said Argon

"There is a secret trapdoor in the fireplace of the High Chancellor's room. We will use that to get you guys out of here. You will drop through it and run through the Ayleid ruin, don't worry it's clear. There should be an open door, eventually go through the door, it will lead you to the old library of the Elder Scrolls." said Sheogorath

"And how do you know all this?" asked the High Chancellor

"Um, it might be better for everyone if you don't ask." said Sheogorath

"Oh well, let us go then. We have no weapons, so we need you heroes to protect us." said High Chancellor

"Of course you don't have any weapons." sighed Argon

The team made a circle formation with the council members in the middle. The council members all huddled together. The High Chancellor's room was just two floors up, but that seemed like forever when they had to guard the council, and get to Haldan to save the emperor, AND get back to the castle in Skyrim in time to be able to save the Divines and defeat Xan.

The fought through the first of the two floors with ease, it was the second one that was the problem. They got to the second floor, the floor with the High Chancellor's room, but when they did, it started getting hard. The shadow army was so thick they could barely see ten feet ahead of them. Still, they fought, but they started growing tired. Then, it got worse. One of the shadows breached the circle, and grabbed the High Chancellor and whisked him away!

"Argon!" cried Fayen

"I got him!" he shouted back and he ran through the shadows after the High Chancellor

Eventually the shadow turned into a room that was empty. There it dropped the High Chancellor, and it spoke "You don't get it Argon, there is no stopping me. I have already beat the Divines to near death. But that is not enough for me, I will erase them from existence. As will happen to you if you do not stop." said Xan through the shadow

"You just wait there Xan. We will slay Haldan, then we will return and we will destroy you also." said Argon

"You just try Argon." said Xan

"Oh I will." said Argon

"Well, I suppose now is as good a time as any to destroy you." said Xan "Shadows come to me! Attack the dragonborn!" Then Xan left the shadow and all the other shadows started attacking Argon.

They were beating him senseless, he shouted and stabbed, blocked, parried, but it was too much he was overwhelmed. Then the team came in and they took out the shadows. Every shadow from the tower had just attacked Argon, but somehow the team managed to destroy them all. But more were still coming from outside. They had to get the council through the trapdoor, and they had to get to Haldan and fast.

They grabbed the High Chancellor and whisked him and the council to his room. There Sheogorath uncovered the trapdoor in the fireplace, he opened the door and said an incantation that would protect the council from the fall. He gave them each a few scrolls he had conjured up, and they were sent on their way. Down the chute each one went, when the last one was at the bottom, the council called up thanks to the heroes. The door was closed and the team went up the last few floors to the roof. When they got up there they enacted the plan.

Fayen shot the dagger, Garnin grabbed the emperor, then they ran him to safety. Having decided to sen him down the chute also, they ran to the High Chancellor's room. There were shadows filling the roof from the sky and Sheogorath did all he could to keep them away from Argon and Nerevar.

Argon and Nerevar charged Haldan, but he was not such and easy fight as expected.

"Argon can't you just shout this guy off the roof or something?" questioned Nerevar

"No, if I did, the shadows would probably catch him. Then we would have to chase after him again." said Argon

"Damn shame, it would make this so much easier." said Nerevar

"Yes I suppose it would." said Argon

The two swung at Haldan, but using the powers Xan had given him, he caught their sword in midair using only his hand. Argon and Nerevar stood there, stunned at what had just happened. Haldan swung the swords and the two heroes went flying back into the shadows.

"See what I mean? You cannot stop me! Neither can Xan! Once he has the world, I will destroy that son of a bitch! Then the world will be mine! All mine!!!!" laughed Haldan

"You son of a bitch.... You were gonna back stab Xan the whole time, weren't you? You took Serana from me, stabbed her, almost killed her, all to release your master. When really, the whole time, you were doing it for yourself, you wanted to kill Xan and take his power and army after he took the world over." said Argon

"You catch on fast don't you?" said Haldan, "But yes, it is true, I planned to become the Shadow King. And I will, after I have dealt with you."

"Too bad, because we will have to stop you also." said Nerevar

"There is no stopping me! I am the Shadow Lord! I rule over my own small patch of the shadows, and I will use that patch to destroy you!" shouted Haldan

"Not today Haldan!" shouted Xan from above, "I heard everything you forget, I still rule over shadows, and I was using them to watch your battle. To think I was going to give you Tamriel. It's a shame really, I did like you Haldan, you were a good servant. Too bad you must now die."

"What?! No! You cannot kill me!" shouted Haldan

"Go ahead heroes, get rid of him, his powers are gone." said Xan

Nerevar and Argon grinned at each other. They went up the Haldan and grabbed their swords, Argon sliced off his head, and Nerevar slice him in half. Haldan lay there, dead, in three pieces. The shadows around the city started clearing up a little, enough to make a get away. Argon called Odahviing and Durnehviir to fly them out of the city. They quickly flew to Skyrim, but before going to the castle they stopped at Lakeview Manor.

"Why are we stopping?" asked Sheogorath

"I need to grab something." said Argon

Argon ran inside the house and a few minutes later he came out with a scroll in his hand.

"Is that-" started Garnin

"An Elder Scroll? Yes. It is. The Elder Scroll of Sun to be exact." said Argon climbing back on Odahviing.

"Why do we need that?" asked Fayen

"I have a plan. When we get to Xan, you guys cover me, I am going to find a spot somewhere in that throne room, I will read the scroll. I will make the sun come out, and the light will destroy Xan." explained Argon

"And you are sure this will work?" asked Nerevar

"Positive. The sun is under the effects of the Bloodcursed Elven Arrow. Sometimes, when I got bored, I would do that to the sun. Then I would quickly read this scroll and the sun would come back. It will work this time. I know it." said Argon

"Then let's go destroy Xan." said Nerevar

ultimatedovahkiin

Final chapter coming tomorrow!
(Possibly I should hopefully have nothing to do tomorrow and I will finish the story.)
Xan's ally will be revealed!
And the biggest shock to ever happen in one of my fanfics so far!

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I didn't really like this chapter , cause why would Nerervar and Argon obey Xan ? I mean they grinned at each other , sliced Haldan to pieces and even Xan helped them. They seem kinda evil like that :/.

ultimatedovahkiin

I didn't really like this chapter , cause why would Nerervar and Argon obey Xan ? I mean they grinned at each other , sliced Haldan to pieces and even Xan helped them. They seem kinda evil like that :/.

I know I didn't like writing this chapter I found it boring, but Xan's influence and his ally, it will be explained in the next chapter when Xan's ally is revelaed.

ultimatedovahkiin

I know I didn't like writing this chapter I found it boring, but Xan's influence and his ally, it will be explained in the next chapter when Xan's ally is revelaed.

and after the next chapter you won't have to worry about them doing that anymore

ultimatedovahkiin

and just to be clear, the ally is not Sithis. He is still trapped in the void, so if you are trying to guess who it may be just know that it is not Sithis.

ultimatedovahkiin

and after the next chapter you won't have to worry about them doing that anymore

But remember, I warned you that the story was going to get dark. it's at the top of this page if you didn't see it. :)

Chirurgeon

Wow pretty intense although I do have questions that will hopefully answered soon :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Wow pretty intense although I do have questions that will hopefully answered soon :)

well what are they? If you tell me I will do my best to answer them either in the next chapter, or if I find no way to put them in then I will answer them right here. The chapter may be pushed back though. I am going to hang out with my friend, I will try to get it out before then, but no promises.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts