OOC Rise of the Riders

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I left most of the history out and mostly put in recent history so if we ever get the chance we can share our histories and yous would learn with your characters :p I do that with most of my characters, if its a problem I'm sorry. Also, I made Eragon using Derek almost as a template. They both had characters of the same name who died of the same reason, they will just handle it differently. Their personalities are different, but that aspect of their story is the same. I wasn't trying to be lazy, I just like having the chance to get two different personalities to react to the same crisis. Its character building :p

Name: Eragon

Race: Nord

Affiliations: Is not openly involved in any guilds.

Skills: One handed, Archery, Sneak.

Personality: Eragons maturity can be questioned, he is very young and naive and tends to go into action without too much thought. After the death of his beloved sister, Eragon stepped up. He felt the blame of his sisters death, and took her death upon his shoulders . He is always curious, about anything, and tends to find himself getting into trouble more often than not. He tends to lose his temper sometimes, but can usually keep a level head and put up with the stupidity around him. He has grown a hatred for the Empire he cannot describe, but tries to justify that his sisters death was the act of one man and not a whole empire. He still greatly dislikes the atrocities they allow the thalmor to do so has no respect for the empire.

Appearance: Light blue eyes, short dark brown hair. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1377121112.846695.jpg
    Ignore the weapon and shield :p

History: Eragon was raised by a poor family in the reach, both parents working all hours of the day. Eragon picked up his own job as a guide through the rift so his sickly mother could stop working, Eragon was 13. Two years later his mother passed away, and his older sister Natasha moved to Riften. She got up to some things in the thieves guild, much to Eragons disappointment. Eragon and his father left when Eragon was 17, and fled to Whiterun hold after barely surviving a forsworn attack. Eragon would meet some of Natasha's guild mates, sheltering them while they were on guild missions. Eragons life consisted of hunting for quite some time, he tended to hunt more after they moved to Whiterun hold due to it being safer. Eragon had been saving up to buy himself a better sword and some armour for quite some time, but still had a long way to go. Eragons older sister Natasha joined up for the Stormcloaks when Ulfric fought the current High King. She was one of few who knew the truth about the battle, she hadn't been there, but a friend had. She fought fiercely with the Stormcloaks, still doing a few jobs for the thieves guild. Natasha's strong opinion on the Empire, the thalmor, they attracted attention. While the Gray-Manes loved her, The Battle-borns didn't. While Eragon was making dinner, Natasha was having a spasm in her room. She started spewing blood, and Eragon couldn't hear a thing. Eragon entered the room to inform her dinner was ready, and found her dead. He did his best to resuscitate her, even trying CPR, he couldn't save her. In a desperate attempt he rushed her to the chapel, but they couldn't do anything. Eragon was given a note, her Ebony sword & dagger in her will and a package. Their father was given all the money she had made and stashed, it was a fair amount. The package Eragon was given was to be delivered to one of Natasha's guild mates, Freyja. Eragon had met this Khajiit on a few occasions, and enjoyed her company despite never wanting to leave her alone in his house. The morning after his sisters death, after he left the house he noticed a note stuck on his door. "DEATH TO THE STORMCLOAKS" written on the note, he was angered greatly by this. He took the note, scrunched it up, and put it in his pocket. Eragon hadn't slept since his sisters passing, yet felt filled with hateful energy. As he walked through the marketplace her noticed Idolaf Battle-Born glancing at him, Eragon approached. Idolaf greeted him as if nothing had happened, and Eragon asked what he knew. Idolaf gave no straight answer, so Eragon tried one last thing to gain proof (to himself) that this was his beloved sisters killer. "What dagger did you use, the wounds were deep?" Asked Eragon. "She was poisoned fool, the whole town knows it!" Idolaf spat back. Wrong. No one else knew she was poisoned yet, just Eragon and the priestess. Eragon couldn't control himself for the next few minutes. He punched Idolaf in the jaw, and brought him to the ground with both hands. He began hammering into him, keeping him down. Despite Eragon being smaller, this rage fuelled his strength. Eragon stuck the note that had been on his door into Idolaf's mouth and then drew his sisters Ebony dagger, stabbing Idolaf in the chest several times screaming. Eragon left one final stab in Idolaf's head, before fleeing. Eragon could not escape the guard, and told them of his discovery when he was captured. Few believed him, and he was thrown in the dungeons. He was released the next day as Eragons father had come running out, mead in his hands. He explained that it was the same poison used on his daughter and that he had been planning the same fate for the Grey-Manes. It was all written out and planned, Eragon couldn't believe it. He was released. Eragon didn't know if this was fraud on his fathers hands, and believed it could be, but didn't care. Eragon spent his time in the bannered mare on the day of his release drinking, he couldn't believe the situation he was in. He knew he had to leave Whiterun hold, but felt himself needing to stay. Eragon rarely drank alcohol, but now he couldn't bring himself to leave it. The more he thought about his sister, the more he felt guilty for drinking. She would be disgusted, this is not what she would want. Besides, he had a job to do. This package, what was in it?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I left most of the history out and mostly put in recent history so if we ever get the chance we can share our histories and yous would learn with your characters :p I do that with most of my characters, if its a problem I'm sorry. Also, I made Eragon using Derek almost as a template. They both had characters of the same name who died of the same reason, they will just handle it differently. Their personalities are different, but that aspect of their story is the same. I wasn't trying to be lazy, I just like having the chance to get two different personalities to react to the same crisis. Its character building :p

Name: Eragon

Race: Nord

Affiliations: Is not openly involved in any guilds.

Skills: One handed, Archery, Sneak.

Personality: Eragons maturity can be questioned, he is very young and naive and tends to go into action without too much thought. After the death of his beloved sister, Eragon stepped up. He felt the blame of his sisters death, and took her death upon his shoulders . He is always curious, about anything, and tends to find himself getting into trouble more often than not. He tends to lose his temper sometimes, but can usually keep a level head and put up with the stupidity around him. He has grown a hatred for the Empire he cannot describe, but tries to justify that his sisters death was the act of one man and not a whole empire. He still greatly dislikes the atrocities they allow the thalmor to do so has no respect for the empire.

Appearance: Light blue eyes, short dark brown hair. View attachment 9622
    Ignore the weapon and shield :p

History: Eragon was raised by a poor family in the reach, both parents working all hours of the day. Eragon picked up his own job as a guide through the rift so his sickly mother could stop working, Eragon was 13. Two years later his mother passed away, and his older sister Natasha moved to Riften. She got up to some things in the thieves guild, much to Eragons disappointment. Eragon and his father left when Eragon was 17, and fled to Whiterun hold after barely surviving a forsworn attack. Eragon would meet some of Natasha's guild mates, sheltering them while they were on guild missions. Eragons life consisted of hunting for quite some time, he tended to hunt more after they moved to Whiterun hold due to it being safer. Eragon had been saving up to buy himself a better sword and some armour for quite some time, but still had a long way to go. Eragons older sister Natasha joined up for the Stormcloaks when Ulfric fought the current High King. She was one of few who knew the truth about the battle, she hadn't been there, but a friend had. She fought fiercely with the Stormcloaks, still doing a few jobs for the thieves guild. Natasha's strong opinion on the Empire, the thalmor, they attracted attention. While the Gray-Manes loved her, The Battle-borns didn't. While Eragon was making dinner, Natasha was having a spasm in her room. She started spewing blood, and Eragon couldn't hear a thing. Eragon entered the room to inform her dinner was ready, and found her dead. He did his best to resuscitate her, even trying CPR, he couldn't save her. In a desperate attempt he rushed her to the chapel, but they couldn't do anything. Eragon was given a note, her Ebony sword & dagger in her will and a package. Their father was given all the money she had made and stashed, it was a fair amount. The package Eragon was given was to be delivered to one of Natasha's guild mates, Freyja. Eragon had met this Khajiit on a few occasions, and enjoyed her company despite never wanting to leave her alone in his house. The morning after his sisters death, after he left the house he noticed a note stuck on his door. "DEATH TO THE STORMCLOAKS" written on the note, he was angered greatly by this. He took the note, scrunched it up, and put it in his pocket. Eragon hadn't slept since his sisters passing, yet felt filled with hateful energy. As he walked through the marketplace her noticed Idolaf Battle-Born glancing at him, Eragon approached. Idolaf greeted him as if nothing had happened, and Eragon asked what he knew. Idolaf gave no straight answer, so Eragon tried one last thing to gain proof (to himself) that this was his beloved sisters killer. "What dagger did you use, the wounds were deep?" Asked Eragon. "She was poisoned fool, the whole town knows it!" Idolaf spat back. Wrong. No one else knew she was poisoned yet, just Eragon and the priestess. Eragon couldn't control himself for the next few minutes. He punched Idolaf in the jaw, and brought him to the ground with both hands. He began hammering into him, keeping him down. Despite Eragon being smaller, this rage fuelled his strength. Eragon stuck the note that had been on his door into Idolaf's mouth and then drew his sisters Ebony dagger, stabbing Idolaf in the chest several times screaming. Eragon left one final stab in Idolaf's head, before fleeing. Eragon could not escape the guard, and told them of his discovery when he was captured. Few believed him, and he was thrown in the dungeons. He was released the next day as Eragons father had come running out, mead in his hands. He explained that it was the same poison used on his daughter and that he had been planning the same fate for the Grey-Manes. It was all written out and planned, Eragon couldn't believe it. He was released. Eragon didn't know if this was fraud on his fathers hands, and believed it could be, but didn't care. Eragon spent his time in the bannered mare on the day of his release drinking, he couldn't believe the situation he was in. He knew he had to leave Whiterun hold, but felt himself needing to stay. Eragon rarely drank alcohol, but now he couldn't bring himself to leave it. The more he thought about his sister, the more he felt guilty for drinking. She would be disgusted, this is not what she would want. Besides, he had a job to do. This package, what was in it?
    I believe I already stated near the beginning of the thread that THIS IS NOT AN INHERITANCE FANTASY. Please come up with a more imaginative name, although I do appreciate the rest of the CC. This RP may have been INSPIRED by Inheritance, BUT it was uniquely adapted to an Elder Scrolls world. I'm not hating on your character, I just don't think that name has a place here. There should not be a comparing of this RP and the Novels. Plus, a character named Arya AND a character named Eragon is just pushing it imo.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It's not the same character, I just like the name :p
    Every single character is going to be the same name of some character somewhere. Besides, I didn't use any other Inheritence references. I know what the RP is, and Eragon is like dragon but with an E. It's pretty much the main reason I like the name, it's fitting. I had a feeling you would get 'upset' that I use a name that has been used, it's just a name man. It's just a name.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Wow, that's impressive and pretty deep. You wanted white as your color, right?

Staff member
    It's not the same character, I just like the name :p
    Every single character is going to be the same name of some character somewhere. Besides, I didn't use any other Inheritence references. I know what the RP is, and Eragon is like dragon but with an E. It's pretty much the main reason I like the name, it's fitting. I had a feeling you would get 'upset' that I use a name that has been used, it's just a name man. It's just a name.
    Yes, that is reasonable, and I might agree with you. If it wasn't for the fact that this is an RP about dragon riders and you are using the first name that comes to most people's mind when they think of Dragonrider. It is not creative, it is taking a name from a very well known novel for the use of it in a similar story. I will not contest you if you choose to keep the name, and it has already been approved, but my opinion still stands as is and my recommendation remains the same.

Staff member
    Gidian, just pointing out that my Arya wasn't a reference to Inheritance :p
    It doesn't change the fact that everyone who read the books (and there are a lot of people who have) are going to make the connection almost immediately.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Perhaps, until they see 'Stark'. Believe me, that's the only character I have that's name is directly from something else. Dixon already said for ages he couldnt decide on a name, so he went with Eragon. I would have preferred something else too, but it's his character, not ours.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It pains me that my post is disappointingly short, it looked a lot longer in notes.

I find it funny that just as Eragon loses his sister, another mans sister who is believed to be dead turns out to be alive after all:p

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    My PC is down, can you guys keep Varian going? It should be fixed this weekend.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Thanks, I fixed it.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Wow, haven't seen an alert on this in awhile.

Viserion

The Light and Darkness Dragon
    Hey, it is epic and dixon again :p . i was searching for another RP and i run into this. I dont play skyrim ( i cant actually :/ ) soooo could you please enlighten me about the powers and the equipment than a character can have :D if there are free spots then i might join. ( hope there is a power that enables you to summon dragons ) :blackdragon:
    :pinkdragon::bluedragon:

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Hey, it is epic and dixon again :p . i was searching for another RP and i run into this. I dont play skyrim ( i cant actually :/ ) soooo could you please enlighten me about the powers and the equipment than a character can have :D if there are free spots then i might join. ( hope there is a power that enables you to summon dragons ) :blackdragon:
    :pinkdragon::bluedragon:
    Dude this RP is deader then dead

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts