OOC Rise of the Riders

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    They rode and they fought,
    Charging into darkness,
    Unafraid of what was to come.
    The friends of Dovah,
    The enemies of man,
    The descendants of priests,
    The saviors of Atmora.
    The riders will come,
    And we shall fall
    So the world may ascend!
    pictures-art-alayna-rock-rider-51533.jpg
    Back when Dragons still ruled the land, the bravest warriors in Tamriel rose to the challenge of taming them permanently. Their plan was to break the will of the Dragons, then use the power they harnessed to destroy the entire Dragon race, then kill the ones that they had tamed. However, the soldiers that managed to approach Dragons were unaware of the fact that the Dragons were playing them. The Dragons would let the warriors tame them so that they would be welcomed into the strongest holds and be able to slaughter all of the people living inside quickly and easily. But even though the Dragons were allowing themselves to be tamed, and the warriors tamed them with a plan to kill them later, the bond that ensued between Dragon and rider become extremely strong, and when the time came, the Dragon riders couldn't bring themselves to destroy Dragonkind. The Dragons were filling their riders' minds with corrupting thoughts on how humans, mer, and beastfolk would be the cause of the end of the world, while the riders in turn convinced the Dragons that the Dragon Priests were not meant to be, and it was the riders themselves who should replace them. The riders quickly bent down to their mounts' will and brought them into the most populated cities, wrecking havoc down on all of them before anyone realized what was happening. People realized that the Dragons were controlling their riders' minds, and they banded up to form the Blades, tracking down and destroying every last Dragon and its rider. However, the riders did manage to convince the Dragons to replace their old priests with the riders themselves, and a few managed to endure, waiting for the rebirth of their friends.​
    When Alduin began bringing back the Dragons, the riders rose from their ancient slumber and began sending out their blessings to those who they deemed "worthy" of becoming Dragon riders. No one noticed the occasional warrior missing from a battle, for everyone was too preoccupied with the war and the return on Alduin to focus on little things like men and women missing. However, when the Dragonborn defeated Alduin, people started to notice the absence of warriors who had just "walked off in the middle of the night, as if in a trance." Some people tried to stop it, but the rise of the riders was inevitable. Their army had grown to an immense size, and they began by taking over Markarth. This caused the Imperials and Stormcloaks to stop fighting and marvel at what they had been so oblivious to. Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tullius created a treaty that would unite their troops temporarily under the rule of Delphine and Esbern, the masters of the Blades. However, the call of the riders taxed both Imperials and Stormcloaks dramatically, and they were forced to send out fliers asking for able bodied men and women who would fight against the army of Dragons, riders, and the eight ancient riders.​
    Freyja as Freyja and Ancient Dragon Riders
    EpicVakarian as Isabel Stark and Arya Stark
    Aster as Aster
    Blackdoom59 as Phyrior
    Kenny Lewter as Varian
    Daryl Dixon as Eragon
    Lyron Dryearmitore as Aharon Valarius and Nia Valarius
    Open
    I'm just assuming control over all the Ancient Dragon Riders as a default. If you want to control one as well as your current character, you may. But it cannot be your only character. And please fill out the form below as your character card. I will be pretty accepting, but I do want semi decent role players, and try not to take it personally if you don't make it. I just don't want anything that's extremely illiterate.
    Name:
    Affiliations: (Like what guilds they are in or have connections with-nothing unreasonable like Arch-Mage or the Listener)
    Skills:
    Personality: (Make it at least two paragraphs)
    Appearance: (Make it at least a paragraph)
    History: (Make it at least two paragraphs. Try to include how your character got here)
    Role Play Sample: (Just try not to make it incredibly short)
    Color Claim: (Claim a color that will be used when your character is talking or thinking)​
    Rules and Information
    1. Of course, follow the General Rules.
    2. No powerplay or godmodding-that's stupid and really annoying.
    3. Respect everyone.
    4. Just think of simple politeness. Be nice and all that stuff. If you don't like someone, don't say it(unless it's IC and it's your character that hates their character....)
    5. This thread is 18+, but please don't use that as an excuse to add nasty sexual content. Limit yourself.
    6. I will be accepting around eight people. If I have all the right ones, though, and it's under eight, I will open up the RP

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    This sounds awesome. I am not planning on joining, but I wish you the best of luck. I hope this turns into an epic read.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Name: Freyja

Race: Khajiit

Affiliations: Nightingale of the Thieves Guild, Affiliations with Dark Brotherhood

Skills:
    Master-Sneak, Archery, Speech
    Expert-Conjuration, Alchemy, One Handed
    Adept-Pick pocketing

Personality: Many who have been targeted by Freyja hate her, and would say that she is terrible. But Freyja is somewhat of an actress. Her role changes for each of her individual jobs. If she is to assassinate someone, she will become cold and harsh. If she is to accompany anyone, she will shift to being friendly and generous. However, Freyja's true personality is good. Her morality is pretty low, but Freyja does have certain limits that she wouldn't dare to cross. For instance, Freyja would never kill a child, she was raised to respect the young and the elderly.
    Freyja loves gold almost as much as she loves her little self principles. She would do terrible and good things for it, and few things have ever come up that she would have rejected. She makes all of her money doing those horribly evil jobs that honest and good people would never do themselves.
    However, Freyja has an extreme sense of pride in her people, like most Khajiit do. No matter the situation, she will always help a Khajiit. Freyja is commonly known to let Khajiit into her home (much to her Housecarl's dismay) and shower them with hospitality and gold, never asking for anything in return. So you could say that when it comes to her people, Freyja is extremely altruistic, but with anyone else, she becomes your classic being-always wanting something out of everything.

Appearance: Freyja is a dark gray Khajiit with stripes running from the tip of her nose to her tail bone, looking as if they were tracing her spine. Her cheekbones are accented with a reddish brown tint. Her eyes are an intense blue color and rather big for any normal Khajiit. Freyja is pretty short, her height adding up to about 5'4, but she is very intimidating, and most would forget her height. She has dark black hair that is in a low ponytail, and Freyja has two studs in each ear. Freyja's whole build of her face makes her seem sad and lonely all the time, which causes people to always underestimate her.
    Since Freyja is an overall sneaky character, she doesn't often actually get hit, and when she does, it is pretty minor injury. Because of that, Freyja only has one scar-a small crescent shaped one at the base of the back of her neck.
    Freyja normally wears a full Nightingale outfit and carries an Ebony bow of paralysis. She has two daggers, though, should her archery not be enough.

History: Alle'Di was born in a desolate camp in Elsweyr to two Khajiit alchemists. She spent her whole childhood with her parents learning the merchant's trade and training in alchemy. By the time she was thirteen, she could brew a deadly paralysis poison that was quite well known in her region of Elsweyr. Khajiit from all over Elsweyr would always come asking for that special poison of hers to help with a swift kill. And Alle'Di would always squeeze the best prices out of them.

Around the time she was fourteen, Alle'Di and her family started a trade caravan that went through all of Tamriel. As they visited each country, Alle'Di would learn small things from locals. In their first stop, Valenwood, she trained with an elite archer for the duration of the time her family was there. Her family also hired a Nord teacher that would instruct Alle'Di in the common Tamrielic tongue. As soon as Alle'Di could speak it fluently, she made the biggest mistake of her life, and changed her name to Freyja, in honor of her teacher who was getting quite old (she regretted it later, for as her age increased, so did her pride in her people's). Every time they stopped somewhere new, Freyja would practice her Tamrielic with the locals, always telling them the story of her strange Nord name. This continued in each land until she was seventeen, training with an expert, speaking with villagers, and meeting her family at the border to the next place. However, when they were crossing from Morrowind to Skyrim, they were ambushed by a group of bandits that managed to kill the rest of Freyja's family before she could get to her weapons to kill them. Not knowing quite what to do, Freyja kept going on into Skyrim, where she was ambushed by Imperials.

Shortly after escaping from Helgen, which was destroyed, Freyja made her way to Riften to join up with the Thieves' Guild. There she stayed, training with the masters and moving up into the ranks until she was made a Nightingale. Soon after, Freyja joined the Dark Brotherhood, but stayed a simple novice, only there for simple contracts and easy money, having no desire to get too close to them. She kept this all on until she was twenty two.

Freyja's archery skills have currently landed her a high ranking position in the Blades. She controls the archers during battles, and is sent out to recruit able bodied warriors to the cause when she isn't fighting.

Color Claim: This one.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    Name: Dargoth

Race: Nord

Affiliations: Companions, Stormcloaks

Skills: Two-Handed, Archery, Heavy Armour

Personality: He is daring and adventurous. He is a grim person however. He likes music and books. He has a great sense of honor and Nord culture. He doesn't socialize often and doesn't like to work with other people. He is a seasoned warrior and has grown to hate dragons. It would take one with a great sense of right and wrong, as well as honor, to change his mind.

Looks: Blonde hair, brown eyes. He has white skin and long hair with a beard that is growing. He is around 6' and is a strong, barbaric looking man.

History: Dargoth has lived the soldiers life forever. His mother died when he was born and his father served under Ulfric Stormcloak. Dargoth was trained at a young age to fight and use a sword, but he never was too fond of magic. Dargoth was all to happy to serve the Stormcloaks. He soon became well known among the Stormcloaks. He did many heroic deeds. But he was captured and brought to Helgen with his Father. When Alduin attacked it saved his life, but his father died during the attack. After mourning for a time he travelled to Whiterun and joined the companions. He has grown to have a hatred for dragons due to this event.

Role Play Sample: Dargoth awoke in Jorrvaskr and went outside to a forge. His sword needed sharpening. Perhaps he would spar with Vilkas as well. He heard a roar from the plains. He drew his sword, as did the other companions. It was a dragon. The Dragon let out a breath of fire. Dargoth dodged it and drew his bow. He fired arrow after arrow at it. This one was stronger than most. It soon landed and Dargoth charged at it with his sword. He hacked at it's head until it rolled to the ground. He put in his sword. Dragon were scum.

Color Claim: None, I can't change the color on my kindle.

Staff member
    Name: Aragon

Affiliations: companions, stormcloaks

Skills: two-handed, archery, heavy armour

Personality: He is daring and adventurous. He is a grim person however. He likes music and books.

Looks: Blonde hair, brown eyes. He has white skin and long hair with a beard that is growing.

History: Aragon has lived the soldiers life forever. His father served under ulfric stormcloak and Aragon was all to happy to serve as well. He soon became well known. He was captured and brought to Helgen where Alduin attacked. His father died during the attack. He travelled to whiterun and joined the companions. He now waits to get revenge on Alduin.

Role Play Sample: Aragon awoke in jorrvaskr and went outside to a forge. His sword needed sharpening. Perhaps he would spar with Vilkas as well. He heard a roar from the plains. He drew his sword, as did the other companions. It was a dragon. The Dragon let out a breath of fire. Aragon dodged it and drew his bow. He fired arrow after arrow at it. This one was stronger than most. It soon landed and Aragon charged at it with his sword. He hacked at it's head until it rolled to the ground. He put in his sword. Dragon were scum.

Color Claim: None, I can't change the color on my kindle.
    What I see that could be questioned:
    Eragon/Aragon

Alduin is already defeated in this RP

Your sample, while displaying basic grammar skills, it lacks detail ... and there are several places in your CC that lack capital letters when there should be some, and also some forgivable missing commas.

I couldn't resist putting in my two cents.... just things I think you should work on.

Colonelscout312

I have edited it. And the connection between Eragon and Aragon as a name is intentional.

Staff member
    Better. I kinda guessed it was intentional, but imho it seems a bit... unoriginal. This RP is a completely new spinoff on The Inheritance series, and instead of going with something more original, you go for novelty. For me personally, I just think you could do better. Put more love into your character. You've got time. You could make a full fledged short story if you wanted. I took most of last night and into the morning to write a Bio for one of my characters, then accidentally deleted it and had to re write it.

Colonelscout312

There we go. My imagination kicked in with a name.

Staff member
    There we go. My imagination kicked in with a name.
    Don't forget that there is so much detail you can put into your character. Don't be afraid to read some other people's CCs to get an idea, although don't rip off anything. Your character is still very basic, although it is good. I like to imagine myself writing books about my characters, though different people use different strategies.

Colonelscout312

I think up things all the time, it just takes time for my brain to figure it out. I hope to add more detail later. I have one character that has been made in a lot more detail, but I had to act out what his past was like.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    An Inheritance-style RP? Yes please! I'm going to use my GoT character but adapt her to this story slightly, if thats OK with you, Freyja.

Name: Isabel Stark
    Affiliations: Stormcloak; wants an independent Skyrim.
    Skills: One-handed, block, archery, speech.

Personality: Proud and honourable but also very angry. Wants vengeance on the Empire and the Thalmor for the murder of her family, House Stark. Only her and her sister Arya remain. Wants every man, woman, elf and child responsible for the Starks' deaths dead. She doesn't care how slightly responsible they are; if they could have done something to prevent it but didn't, she wants them dead.
    She knows she may seem despicable to some people but she doesn't care. In her opinion, the people who had her family executed for treason, when there was no treason committed, are the despicable ones. She recites the names of all those responsible for the deaths, including Tullius, Elenwen, the rest of the Thalmor, Elisif, the executioner, and Rikke.

Appearance: Small but powerful. 5'4", slender. Has very long red/chestnut hair. It reaches down to her waist, but is cut to a fringe on the front, down to just below her eyebrows so that it doesn't get in the way. When she is prepared to fight, for instance in a battle, she ties her hair back completely, to stop it restricting her movement. Has deep, light blue eyes. As an acknowledgement to the reason she is fighting the Empire, she has the Stark wolf tattooed on the back of her neck.

History: She lived in Dawnstar with her family, where they were among the most wealthy and powerful in the Pale. House Stark were well known throughout north-eastern Skyrim as one of the oldest and most honourable houses in the land. They never lied, never plotted, never abused their power. They followed all the rules, and didn't sit on any councils, so didn't have much say in how the Pale was run. They simply lived their lives in their manor house on the outskirts of Dawnstar. However, one day, her father was called up to go to Solitude. He was an old friend of High King Torygg, and Torygg wished him to be his second-in-command, of sorts. When Ulfric Stormcloak killed Torygg, Isabel's father acknowledged Ulfric as the true heir, rather than Torygg's wife of a few weeks, Elisif. Fair enough, as Ulfric had challenged Torygg to fair combat. This meant that because Ulfric had won, he now took the throne. But Elisif would not have it; she, Tullius and the Thalmor had his father imprisoned. Thalmor parties raided the Stark manor and brought back her brothers, her eldest sister and her mother. All were executed as traitors, and her younger sister Arya saw it all. She has the same habit as Isabel now; reciting the names.
    As Isabel and Arya were to be the last of the Stark name, they decided they might as well live with honour and support what their father had been executed for saying. They went to Windhelm. They stopped at Dawnstar on the way, to collect any belongings and gold that the Thalmor had left. When they reached Windhelm, Isabel bought a house with the gold they had scrounged up. She lived there with Arya for a while. Then, when Arya had her 15th birthday, 2 years later, they both joined up as Stormcloaks to aid Ulfric's cause. Ulfric immediately provided them with better lodgings and a better weapon for Arya, as soon as he discovered who their father was.
    They still aid the Stormcloaks. They still go on adventures together; Ulfric allows them leave every month to do so. Isabel and Arya were one day contacted by Galmar and informed that they were to return to Ulfric immediately. They were told that Ulfric had signed a treaty in which was said that the Stormcloaks and Imperials were to work together. Both Isabel and Arya were indignated and felt betrayed, but upon being told what had happened involving the Blades and the dragons, they reluctantly accepted and joined the cause.

RP sample: (from an RP I'm running, the Rebels, involving one of my more used characters)
    Beth Signysdaughter bowed before the High King Ulfric Stormcloak. The coronation had been short and austere, but fitting for the first independent High King of Skyrim since the Civil War. Ulfric drew his ceremonial sword and lay it on both of Beth's shoulders.
    "I knight you, Beth, daughter of Signy, in the name of Skyrim, and in the name of your King. Rise now, Lady Beth of Winterhold."
    Beth gasped internally; she had been granted a title. And not just any title; she now owned Winterhold! The Jarl was no longer in control of her; in fact, she could kick the Jarl off his seat if she so wished. But she didn't want to cause any chaos. She contemplated what this meant for her while the rest of the guests went before the King and pledged their fealty to Ulfric. After what seemed like an entire era, the coronation was over and Ulfric and Galmar Stone-Fist, his second-in-command, were bent over a map. Beth grinned as Ulfric beckoned her over.
    "I'm sorry, my Lady," Ulfric said, winking, "but I'm afraid I have another job for you. This won't be like before; you won't just be following Galmar's orders any more. You have your own command now. I want you to travel Tamriel with a small company, gathering information on Thalmor positions within our lands. They are sure to strike back soon enough, and we can't just sit back and wait. I'll round up some of our best men and send them to you at Candlehearth Hall. Here's some gold for a room, I'll make sure they're there by tomorrow night. Good luck, my friend."
    "Of course, my Jar- I mean, my King. I shall set out as soon as the company is ready." She curtsied and left the Palace of the Kings, heading down towards the Candlehearth Hall. She handed over some gold to the innkeeper and shuffled to her room. She shut the door, and without even changing clothes, she flopped down on the bed and fell asleep, wondering what kind of men Ulfric would send.

Colour claim: Blue.

I hope its OK for me to take control of both Isabel and Arya. If so, it'd be more like having Arya as an NPC but as an important character from Isabel's POV. If not, I can either make them weaker or I can try to rustle up another character.
    So in this RP, the Dragon Riders are all evil, right?

EpicVakarian

Apologies, I just want to make a few modifications to my CC.

In regards to the history, Isabel and Arya only escaped because they were out hunting when the Thalmor attacked the manor.

Also, just to let you know, Isabel has a pet wolf, Snow. Arya had one as well, but it had been left in the manor and killed when the Thalmor attacked.

By the way, I don't intend to take a lot of power by having both Isabel and Arya. I'm quite happy for Isabel and Arya to be among the weakest of the group. I would be in control of both Isabel and Arya but other people could control Arya as well, much like a canon NPC. But in regards to the wolf, Snow, I have control of him. I'm hoping this is fine by you, Freyja, but if not, just say and I'll make the necessary changes, or maybe just change which character I use.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    That was really good, Epic V! Is blue going to be your color for both of them?

And, sorry, ColonelS, but I'm gonna have to wait to put you in. You see, there wasn't too much detail in anything, and you don't seem to be a very enthusiastic role player. If there is still a spot open by the time I want to start it up, you can have it. But not quite yet.

Colonelscout312

Ok

EpicVakarian

Oh, of course, sorry! Isabel will use the blue, and Arya will use this colour. Snow doesn't need a colour as well, does he? :p

EpicVakarian

So whats the minimum you'll accept before starting up the IC? I see there's 8 slots available but how many are you willing to start with?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts