Open Rise of the Falmer [ROF] Character Cards & Rules

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    -Rise of the Falmer-
    Alduin has been vanquished and the dragons gone from Skyrim, all of Skyrim rejoices in celebration. But the Civil War is still raging, the sons and daughters of Skyrim still spilling their own blood, but soon everything will change, the Falmer have been watching, planning and mobilizing for a massive assault on Skyrim. And after several devastating earthquakes ravage Skyrim they launch a massive invasion, their goals are unclear, all that is certain is that they're killing everyone and everything in sight. It's up to a band of heroes to delve deep underground and eliminate the source of this attack as well as help aid in the defense of cities and holds.

Rules

1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily

2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide. Every Story should set up a separate OOC thread for comments for non-partisipants and larger story discussion

3. The RP thread will be monitored by Mr. Self Destruct who will also solve any disputes or arguments

4. You may make NPCs if the situation arises. Ex.

Innkeeper: Hello, traveler! Would you like a drink?

Hero: Yes, that'd be nice.

Innkeeper: Wonderful, that'll be 3 septims.

5. Have fun!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Name: Alistar
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior/Ranger
    Physical description: Alistar stands tall at around 6'3 with a muscular and lean build. Giving him natural finesse and agiliity. His skin is naturally suntanned and he has strong, blue eyes. He has fair, dark brown hair which goes down to his shoulders along with a faint beard and stubble. He has rough features, with a strong jawline and an intimidating gaze. His usual attire consists of a dark colored hooded cloak worn over a blend of leather and chainmail armor.

lotro-outfit-88c.jpg

Alistar patrolling the wilderness

Personality: Alistar is modest and reserved, seldom speaking unless needed too. He holds no racial prejudice and thinks openly.
    Combat pref: Favors a single sword in combat, disliking shields because of their weight and clunkiness. Alistar is also an expert archer who's skills rival Bosmeri bowmen. Alistar is also skilled in sneak, and will sometimes avoid combat in favor of sneaking by undetected.
    Misc:
    >Alistar is a former Strider, a guild of rangers which operated out of Skyrim's wilds. The guild existed for similar reasons as the Fighter's Guild or the Companions, they seeked to bring Skyrim's warriors together in a force for good. Striders were trained to adapt and survive for long periods of time in the wilderness, and be very skilled with most forms of weaponry.
    >Alistar also worships Talos, he despises the Thalmor but also dislikes Ulfric and the Stormcloaks. He believes they are fighting for the wrong reasons.
    >Alistar is a natural leader, he lead a small group of Striders personally before the guild disbanded.
    >Alistar is also very well educated and an apprentice alchemist
    >Alistar also has a very high sense of perception, making him an exceptional hunter. His hearing, sight and sense of smell are all very good.

Alistar has lead a troubled life, he suffers from severe amnesia and does not remember his childhood. Only waking up alone in the wilderness as a young teenager, clothed in rags. Alistar remembered only his name, other than that Alistar was as lost and confused as an infant. He wandered for days, on the brink of starvation before the Striders found him. The Striders were a closely knit guild of warriors who sought to bring a force together to protect Skyrim's landscape, they operated in small groups of rangers who specialize in survival and adaptability. They took him in and nurtured him back to health, raising him and training him in their arts. Alistar proved himself as an accomplished hunter and warrior and became a prominent member in the guild. Alistar eventually became skilled enough to lead his own group of Striders which were known as Ghost Company. They patrolled the border of Skyrim and Hammerfell together for years, but one night the guild's leader, a Bosmer known as Arven, died from old age and sickness. Ghost Company immediately disbanded because of the power struggle which ensued after Arven's death. Coupled with the fact the Thalmor was putting immense pressure on the Striders. These were dark times for the guild, and every day someone was killed or a stronghold was lost. Until finally the Thalmor swept into the main stronghold of the Striders and killed everyone, Alistar barely escaped and fled into the wilds. So now Alistar is the last of his kind, a Strider to the core who upholds the virtues of honor and morality.

Geel-Kajin

I'm going to give it a try. Note due to me being alot on HoD, i might have problems coping with all the posts. Basically, ima use this great idea of yours and try to work on my writing skills :)

Name: Geel-Kajin
    Race: Argonian
    Combat: Skilled in Destruction
    Misc:
    1. Geel-Kajin has definite issues, as he eats Skooma and Moon sugar regularly.A constant addict, and attempts to stop eating it has failed miserably.
    2.He is blind. Over eating of skooma has caused him to loose his sight.
    3. He is suffering from depression
    4.He is very talented at weird and perhaps useless stuff.He has learnt daedric, dwemer and Dragontongue.
    Backstory: Everything changed when the Fur-faces invaded his village. Influenced by the Fur-faces, he took up skooma drinking, constantly stealing moon sugar from the khajiit soldiers. The moon sugar was not taken well by his system, and soon his vision failed him. Now, he travels to Skyrim, seeking to find consolidation in learning, believing that knowledge will help him atone for his disability.

Carcino

Vampire Slayer Extraordinaire Legend
    Name: J'mal Atari
    Race: Kahjiit
    Class: Mage/Enchanter
    Looks:
    He has a light grey fur with spots of white covering his face,He also wears green apprentice mage robes (With hood) with a tan trip along the edges ,he wears steel cuffed boots with steel nordic bracers that are enchanted to increase his magicka and make it regenerate faster, end he is very skinny.
    Personality:
    He is very clumsy and can't talk to strangers, very well given he was raised in the college of Winterhold most his life and has had little contact with the world outside of its walls, But if he knows you well enough he is slightly more open and if you are his friend he can be very open to you. He has also adapted a different language it is somewhat a mix of them so he does not sound like a kahjiit that much.
    Background:
    J'mal was born in a small town near Imperial city, He started to practice his magic powers after a accident he had with one of his older siblings.. That accident was singeing his eldest sister's leg after she was making fun of him about his obsession with magic and of the sorts. Several years after that around the 5th frostfall he moved to Skyrim because his home town was raided by bandits. Sadly he was the only one one to survive the brutal slaughter and was set on a journey that would bring him fame fortune..And evil deals with daedra, but he was to young so he went to the mages college located near winter hold. He showed the woman that was standing near the entrance his Firebolt spell, She was impressed by his understanding of a slightly advanced spell. Nearly seven years after that moment he is around 19 years old in present time and has trained enough to be aloud to leave the college and start his adventure to the depths of Skyrim!
    Gear: A dwarvern sword (Magicka enchanted 15 Damage 30/30 charges. It also absorbs souls to charge soul gems) ,Apprentice destruction robes , A small book with all his known spells on it aswell as ones he is learning (Basically a spell book), steel cuffed boots, and steel nordic gauntlets. Total gold to start:100 Septims Misc: 20 Lesser soul gems (lesser)

(I hope its ok to have this setup by the way)

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    Character Name: Rale, age 22

Class: Thief and/or Assassin

Looks: Short dirty-blonde hair, tall and sleek, though not very muscular. Scarred allover face

Personality: Quiet and patient, but that comes naturally when your parents are ripped to shreds by werewolves in front of you.

Bio: He grew up in Riften in an Orphange, he hated the woman who looked after them, Grelod the Kind, so he ran off in search of a new life. He found it. As he made his way out of town, a man stopped him.A man from the Thieves Guild. Rale took an instant liking to him. This man taught him how to fight, survive and shoot. Rale killed his first deer by pretending its head was Grelod the Kind. But one day, his fruitful life came crashing down. It was his birthday, Rale had spent 3 years in the Thieves house, and was now 14. His adoptive father gave him a bow called "Eclipse". Rale was overjoyed, and began practicing in the yard. 1 hour later, Rale came into the house to see an assassin standing over his fathers corpse. The assassin approached Rale, who was in shock, telling him he saw nothing. When the assassin turned his back to leave, Rale lifted up Eclipse and fired an arrow at the assassins back, who fell to the floor. Rale picked up his fathers knife, and stabbed the assassin in frustration. Rale went beserk for half an hour, smashing plates and china, but then he saw his fathers hood and Thieves guild uniform, and next to it, in a glass case, his Nightingale armor. He had to avenge to his father, by hunting down the man who contracted his fathers death. He found a note in the assassins clothes, with a signature that looked like an owl, that was his lead. He took his fathers Nightingale armor, Solstice and all the septims he could find, he then set out into the world of Skyrim.

Combat Prefs: An ebony bow (called Eclipse), a glass dagger and a steel sword.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Name: Melee (Looks to be about 20-21, not sure what that would be in Elven age)
    Race: Altmer
    Class: Ranger
    Physical description: As far as first impressions go, Melee is the typical Altmer; tall, with pale/slightly golden skin, and defined features, and piercing green eyes. Her hair, colored a dark purple after being treated with different plant dyes, is very short and tousled. An asymmetric cut, her bangs and the hair toward the front of her head are slightly longer than the hair on the sides or back. She also has a more slender physical build.
    Personality: Melee often comes off as a little eccentric and outgoing in most situations. She's easygoing, eager to make people feel welcome, and can often be a moderator in more tense instances. However, this is not to say that she's a pushover. Melee doesn't hesitate to voice her opinion, and has been known to have a fiery streak and a temper that's rather hard to calm after it has been brought about. This only happens in situations that really offend or upset her.
    While she is friendly, she does not trust people easily. It takes a lot to gain Melee's trust, but when someone does, she's incredibly defensive over that person and will always help them to the best of her ability. Until that happens, however, don't expect her to bend over backwards or go too far out of her way.
    Combat pref: Since she has received training in ranged weapons since she was young, Melee has grown quite accustomed to using bows and arrows of all kind. She prefers and works best with a glass bow and Dwarven arrows, but she can work with almost anything. Besides a bow and quiver, the only other weapon she uses is a small dagger and Destruction spells (mainly fire) for when close combat is unavoidable.
    Bio: Melee was born and raised in the Summerset Isles, on the coast of the city of Dusk. From a young age she studied archery, growing to love it the more she practiced it. But while she did enjoy her schooling and training, she found herself playing the part of the outcast in school, and never developed any close bonds with her peers. Once she had finished her schooling and Archery training, she was expected to learn another skill to become a more well rounded student. She traveled to the College of Winterhold in Skyrim, believing that if she were to be well rounded, she should at least study something she was born to be good at.
    Melee blossomed at Winterhold, and formed some of her first real friendships there. She was free to be herself, away from the critical and prying eyes of her peers and family. Not everyone was her friend however, and a tragic event at Winterhold almost cost her everything she had, emotionally and physically. She was permitted to stay at the college, but her trusting demeanor was no longer present. While she remains friendly and helpful, she's very wary of strangers and prefers solitude or small numbers to large groups of people, and has moved to Whiterun to distance herself from the harsh memories of the events at Winterhold. She now helps Arcadia run her Alchemy shop, and receives some informal alchemy training from her in her spare time (when she isn't somewhere practicing her archery).

(Hope this was ok and wasn't too long. ><)

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Hooray!

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Sorry if I sound impatient, I'm just wondering when the RP would be starting or if we need another player or two. I'm not saying we should rush it or anything, I'm just eager to start since this will be my first one. ^^

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    In a few days, everything I've been posting lately has been through my phone. My computer crashed and we're looking to get a new one soon.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Oh man, that sucks! Yeah I don't want you to think I'm like demanding we play now or anything, haha. Just curious.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Oh Nah I understand. If you want you could join The End of the Beginning. That way you can get accustomed with roleplaying here before we start ROF

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Just out of curiosity, what time zone is everyone in? I'm in Eastern.

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
    I apologize for my character's bio ending up being about 20 million pages long and consisting of many run-on sentences :oops: Oh, and for being boring. Hahaha the idea sounded more interesting in my head :p

Name: Emberlynn Vitellia
    Race: Imperial (1/4 Nord)
    Class: BattleMage

Physical:Emberlynn is of average build, but slightly shorter than most girls her age. She has dark brown hair (almost black) that flows past her shoulders and her Grandfather's blue eyes (she is the only non-brown-eyed member of her living family). Her facial features are not particularly striking or remarkable, but she is what most people would consider "pretty". Unfortunately for her, she also possesses a very youthful appearance -- most mistake Emberlynn for 15-16, to which she takes great offense.

Personality: Until she arrived in Skyrim very recently, Emberlynn was extremely naiive and ignorant of the world around her -- and certainly much too trusting of people. She is slowly beginning to become more cautious, but still has the unfortunate tendency to lower her guard much to quickly around people. She is very soft-spoken and thoughtful, but has a hidden temper that can be a force to be reckoned with.

Bio: Emberlynn's childhood was what most people would consider quite unremarkable. Born and raised by a wealthy family in Cyrodiil less than 10 years after the end of the Great War, Emberlynn's parents did everything they could do to protect their daughter from the tense political turmoil and dangers that surrounded them. And they were quite successful. Most of her childhood was spent cooped up at home, longing for a taste of some adventure or excitement. But her parents would never allow it. Instead she devoted her time to studying magic, like her parents, and read every book and spelltome she could get her hands on, wishing the entire time that she could go out and practice these powers in the outside world.

Growing up, Emberlynn's closest and dearest friend was her grandfather -- a Nord who had spent most of his life in Skyrim. He would tell her fantastic stories about bandits, trolls, vampires... any fearsome beast you could imagine -- and the nameless Nord hero who defeated them all. From a young age, it became her life's dearest wish to leave Cyrodiil and travel into the wilds of Skyrim and seek the same amazing adventures that her grandfather used to share with her. Her parents would discourage these visits to her Grandfather, and insisted that his stories were pure fantasy created by his slowly deteriorating mind. After a few years, Emberlynn started to believe them, and she visited her ailing Grandfather less and less.

But a few months after her Grandfather's death when she was 17, she discovered a chest in his attic nearly filled to the brim with old, crumbling journals and a rusted steel sword with a curious red glow. To her amazement, she discovered that the incredible stories her grandfather told had been quite true... and it was her grandfather who had experienced them all. Emberlynn knew that this was a sign from the Gods -- She was not meant to stay at home and become an Alchemist or Healer like her parents, but it was her destiny to follow in her Grandfather's footsteps and become a strong and fearless explorer.

After cleaning up her grandfather's old sword and packing up as many of his journals as she could carry, Emberlynn slipped away one night and headed north, leaving nothing behind but a brief note to her parents with the promise that she would return one day.

Now just over a month since she crossed the border, Emberlynn is starting to realize just how unprepared she was to face the outside world -- especially such a harsh and unforgiving world as Skyrim...

Combat/Other Skills: Thanks to her parents' teachings, Emberlynn is very knowledgeable in the arts of Alchemy and Restoration magic, but until recently, Emberlynn had never gotten the chance to put her knowledge of Destruction Magic to practical use. Thanks to a few run-ins with some bandits and a few unfriendly beasts, she has found herself becoming quite good with the use of fire-based destruction spells. This has proven particularly useful, as it appears that red glow on her Grandfather's sword was due to a fire enchantment in its blade...

Again, sorry that was so long hahaha. But yeah, I would certainly like to participate if possible :) It's been a few years since I've RP-ed, but I used to love it.

Dylan Little

hi i'm gonna use my on our adventure character slightly changed (GMT timezone it is 4:50pm when i post this message)
    Name: Daelan Calous

Class: Archer/mage/alchemy/enchanting

looks:5ft 4"
    young, around 13
    slim athletic build
    Brown Hair
    blue eyes
    scars on hands

Armor and Weapons:
    full imperial light armor made to fit
    amulet of Akatosh
    ring of minor destruction
    2 Skyforge steel swords (1 with soul trap, other with high fire)
    2 Skyforge steel daggers(life leech, and soul trap)
    imperial bow(soul trap)
    lots of various arrows
    A LOT of potions
    Quite alot of money cause he saved up over the past century!

Specs
    one handed,light armor,enchanting,alchemy,smithing,all magic trees,Speechcraft

Personality and bio:Often underappriciated for his apperance,daelan is rather lonley and always looking for somthing to do,A kind friendly kid who would happily lay down his life for a friend, easy-going in social terms but ferocious in battle, does not take bribes nor is he easily intimidated if someone trys anything he will deal with them weather it's with weapons,magic or his werewolf form
    As a young baby,Daelan's parent's was approched by Akatosh who said that this was his champion and blessed him with unnatural destruction prowess but at the age of thirteen daelan found the truth and hated it, he turned his back on Akatosh and turned to archery and the other ways of magic, as vengance Akatosh cursed Daelan so that he did not age, immedietly he was rejected by most, until he found the companions who took him in, trained him to be strong, made him a wolf and let him out again,over time he travelled to winterhold and learned the ways of the mage, it is now 200 years later, however despite rejecting AKatosh, Akatosh did not reject him and let him keep his Destruction Prowess))

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Awesome! Can't wait to get started.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts