• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Dragonborn is hours and hours away for Europe.. and i have been thinking i wanted to be a dual wielding paladin badass for my Nord warrior once i beat the MQ of it but lately iv been thinking of adding necromany (conujuration) which i think is ironic for a paladin and i saw there wasnt a ''death knight'' build so figured i make my build and roleplay into a ''Dark Paladin'' which i made up.
The idea is there is holy and unholy elements kinda like a anti-hero. I hope i can get feed back on what have chosen.... (its just basicaly a paladin but with more added to it)
One handed - 5/5 arsman, fighting, stance, critical charge, savage strike and 2/2 dual flurry
Archery because i would like to have a crossbow and auriels bow - 5/5 overdraw, eagle eye, powershot (i might not need this because crossbows have 50% stagger all the time), and 2/2 steady hand
Grab everything for heavy armour except the left route
Shield is optional but if i did it would be - 1/5 block, deflect arrows, elemental protection (possibly unnecessary since i will use alteration) and quick reflexes
Smithing - everything except glass Armour and advanced Armour
Enchanting - everything in middle route
Restoration - everything except dual casting
Conjuration - expert, everything in middle route and 1/2 summoner
Alteration - everything except mage armour and just 1/3 magic resistance

AS88

Staff member
If you've never tried it.

Try it. :p

It's different, I imagine you might like it.

AS88

Staff member
Have you done all of Dawnguard?

I think Jarif's on PS3, in which case we don't have Dawnguard yet. Dragonborn comes out for us in Europe tomorrow.

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
Ah, well I won't spoil it for you then but there is a certain item you can obtain that augments a certain thing, which makes necromancy, completely on it's own, into a very viable way to play.

AS88

Staff member
Ah, well I won't spoil it for you then but there is a certain item you can obtain that augments a certain thing, which makes necromancy, completely on it's own, into a very viable way to play.

I've found that Illusion and Necromancy works well on it's own, already ;)

Adventurer

As a black knight/paladin I would use a two handed weapon. Well there is no scythe but there is the battle axe. Or a hammer off Evil, or a great-sword if you so will. All gear Daedric. No shield that is for weaklings :Dragonborn:. And yes, necromancy to make those who you slayed serve you. Let dual wielding for the clowns. Make thine enemy fear the brute power of Evil. :D

Khaine

Hector Ciril (Baal), The Imperial Vampire
Actually, I quite like using an ebony shield on my vampire. It makes him look like he bashes people in the face to stun him due to the invisible ebony shield glitch for vampires, thus I look like I go around with a single sword and block with my gauntlet.

Dragonborn is hours and hours away for Europe.. and i have been thinking i wanted to be a dual wielding paladin badass for my Nord warrior once i beat the MQ of it but lately iv been thinking of adding necromany (conujuration) which i think is ironic for a paladin and i saw there wasnt a ''death knight'' build so figured i make my build and roleplay into a ''Dark Paladin'' which i made up.
The idea is there is holy and unholy elements kinda like a anti-hero. I hope i can get feed back on what have chosen.... (its just basicaly a paladin but with more added to it)
One handed - 5/5 arsman, fighting, stance, critical charge, savage strike and 2/2 dual flurry
Archery because i would like to have a crossbow and auriels bow - 5/5 overdraw, eagle eye, powershot (i might not need this because crossbows have 50% stagger all the time), and 2/2 steady hand
Grab everything for heavy armour except the left route
Shield is optional but if i did it would be - 1/5 block, deflect arrows, elemental protection (possibly unnecessary since i will use alteration) and quick reflexes
Smithing - everything except glass Armour and advanced Armour
Enchanting - everything in middle route
Restoration - everything except dual casting
Conjuration - expert, everything in middle route and 1/2 summoner
Alteration - everything except mage armour and just 1/3 magic resistance
I have Dragonborn, and even if you're a Breton, Elemental Protection would be real nice. Also, Dual Flurry, but no Savagery? Hack&Slash doesn't work on all enemies, but there's a few fights (Comes in 3s, and Ragged Trousers) you might like it for. I'd say Handaxe, and Shield/Dagger, or Sword. Absorb Health would be VERY nice, perk Fire Enchanter for it. Don't bother with Elven Smithy, get Skyforge Steel for the same base damage, lighter, and the Steel Smithy perk.

jarif

I have Dragonborn, and even if you're a Breton, Elemental Protection would be real nice. Also, Dual Flurry, but no Savagery? Hack&Slash doesn't work on all enemies, but there's a few fights (Comes in 3s, and Ragged Trousers) you might like it for. I'd say Handaxe, and Shield/Dagger, or Sword. Absorb Health would be VERY nice, perk Fire Enchanter for it. Don't bother with Elven Smithy, get Skyforge Steel for the same base damage, lighter, and the Steel Smithy perk.
i was bit worried dual savagery was overpowered and i need eleven smithing for Auriels bow

i was bit worried dual savagery was overpowered and i need eleven smithing for Auriels bow
It sounds like you're mostly going Crossbow for the Stagger effect, anyway, but if you like, there's no reason not to... I wouldn't worry too much about being Over-Powered in Dragonborn. Seem to me it was dialed up for top tier builds.

jarif

Oh, I know, but hoards of undead minions is pretty pretty fun.
sounds good already. Do i have to be on the vampire side though? My nord hero is siding with the dawnguard but i have already made a character specially made to play dawnguard first (part of his rp)

jarif

as for a enchantment for fire i dont think i will have room, and being overpowered seems boring

as for a enchantment for fire i dont think i will have room, and being overpowered seems boring
That's not what I'm saying, the enemies are scaled for overpowered characters. trust me, even the little Goblins can mush you up if you go in all "I am teh God of Boss" overconfident. Trust me, Dual Savagery would be very nice, if you're Dual Wielding at all. Drop one of the Flurries to fit it in if you have to.

jarif

That's not what I'm saying, the enemies are scaled for overpowered characters. trust me, even the little Goblins can mush you up if you go in all "I am teh God of Boss" overconfident. Trust me, Dual Savagery would be very nice, if you're Dual Wielding at all. Drop one of the Flurries to fit it in if you have to.
thanks, it would be nice if you were talking in experience of dual savagery (are you?) but meh thanks anyway

thanks, it would be nice if you were talking in experience of dual savagery (are you?) but meh thanks anyway
I'll put it to you this way, I went in with 2 Dremora Lords, and Heavy Armor. The Stompies kept getting killed. Anything that adds to your Damage dealing would be highly recommended.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts