• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Capone1911

This is the first story I have wrote. This story will be in chapters. Also forgive me for any mistakes that I miss while editing. Rise of the Betrayed relies heavily on the lore of the dragon cult. This story involves bits of the vanilla game but it does not follow any quest line in the game, so I will not put a spoiler tag yet. I hope you find the story interesting.
Enjoy!

Prologue
The crypt was dark moss covered part of the walls and the floor. The torch I carried in my hand provided little light and it evaporated the water stored in the moss creating a mist around me. This Nordic ruin was different from the others I have explored. Aside from the location, which is at the border of Cyridill and Skyrim, the architecture looked rushed. The pillars outside the tomb were knocked over in front of the door, also there were no carvings in the room that was obviously the Hall of Stories.

As the door opened in front of me I dropped the claw in my right hand. A dragon priest stood at the opposite side of the circular room, carving something into the wall with a sword. As I stepped into the room I noticed that the whole room was covered in words. I studied the walls for a few moments then looked at the dragon priest. He stared at me with solid black eyes. The dragon priest was not floating in the air, instead he walked towards me. I drew my sword then the priest hit me with a paralysis spell. I hit the ground I tried to reach for my sword but my body was frozen. The dragon priest knelt down beside my head and began speaking, and to my suprise I could understand him.

"I was once respected and feared, not anymore." The dragon priest shook his unmasked head, dust flew off of his bones as he done so. "I was given so much power from Alduin, then when the other priests rebelled against me Alduin and the other dragons damned me to be stripped of my power. So, I will have my revenge. My army was slaughtered as we retreated to this cave! I tried to help the few survivors construct a tomb, but the other priests sent an army to kill me, but you could judge by the bodies out side that they failed."

This priest obviously did not know how much time has passed. He still thought the dragons were alive. He stood up and looked at his arms. He examined the decayed flesh then looked at me.

"How much time has passed?" The priest began pacing back and forth as I stayed silent. "I'll find out myself then."

The paralysis spell was beginning to wear off and I managed to get to my feet. I picked up my sword. The priest had his back turned to me. I raised my arm in the air and brought it down with all the strength I could muster. The priest turned and caught my blade and hit me with a strong lightning bolt which knocked me on my back. The priest began chanting in a language I didn't understand. He ended the chant with a very loud shout, which created a black ring of magic around the priest. I stood up once again, and watched as the priest's body disintegrated. The ashes began circling me, I wanted to run but I could not move. The ashes fell onto my skin and sat there for a moment. I watched in horror as the ashes began to absorb through my skin.

Chapter 1​

The priest emerged from the crypt in the archeologist's body. The sun nearly blinded he examined the environment. The pillars he and his soldiers had built had fallen the entrance to the crypt was nearly hidden in trees and grass. The priest heard flowing water to his left. He walked through the woods and he came to a small creek. He knelt down beside the river and began to drink from the stream. He got a handful of water and washed the dirt off of his new face. He stared at the reflection in the stream. He now had a goatee and long hair pulled back into a ponytail. His eyes, however; were pitch black.

The priest stood up and began wandering through the forest. He came to a road, he paused a moment and looked down each side. To his left he seen three men patrolling the road. They were wearing armor that was red. The priest approached them. The men stopped and fanned out across the road.

"Stop, nord! Where are you going?" The one man approached the priest with a distrusting expression.

"Where is Alduin?" The priest asked as he studied the soldiers for weaknesses.

"What? You mean the legend?" The soldier stopped in front of the priest and looked back at the others as he began laughing.

"Yes, where is he?" The priest was beginning to get annoyed by the soldiers.

"How much mead have you drunk today nord? Listen come with us and we'll take to the imperial outpost close to here. That way the mead can wear off, and you'll be safe."

"Empire? What empire?"

"Oh, you're a stormcloak." The imperial soldier drew his sword and approached the priest to arrest him.

The priest grabbed the soldier's arm and broke his wrist making the soldier drop his sword. The soldiers in the background drew their swords and charged the priest. The priest launched a bolt of lightning at one of the soldier s disintegrating him instantly. The priest then killed the other soldier with a ice spike. Then he turned his attention to the soldier he held by the wrist. He then picked the soldier up in the air by the neck.

"Who are you?" The soldier struggled to say as the priest's hand was slowly crushing his windpipe.

"My name is Konahrik." The priest said as he launched a bolt of lightning into the soldier's neck exploding the man's head into tiny pieces of flesh and brain.

Konahrik wiped the pieces of brain off of his iron armor. He took the steel sword lying on the ground next to him. He took a map off of the soldier's corpse. He got his bearings and then he headed north to Skyrim.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts