Review embargo of Skyrim and in general

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I am not so sure about that. Yes, I expect it to be a great game but I have also heard some critical opinions being voiced by people who were able to get their hands on the game. Those were no game-breakers but certainly enough to give crazed fanboys’ “OMG BEST GAME OF ALL TIMES” attitude a downer (which is obviously something Bethesa wouldn’t want).

Hexperiment raised some valid points but I feel (given the development of the prevalnce of review embargoes) that this hints at an increasingly dominant deliberate use of forced hype in order to increase one’s sales figures. And that is a business model that I won’t support. Be honest with your customers and don’t try to incite unrealistic expectations. That’s just a weak move.

Tusck

I certainly can't argue with you Demut, because I think we've see way too many hyped up games that were plops to side with the devs and give them the benfit of the doubt. On the other hand there are always good and bad reviews for everything game, but 1. journalism make money on being sensationalists, and 2. it's human nature to want to bitch about things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts