• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Gombafej

Holy crap. So much good stuff to chew on. I'll make sure to make the time to read this whole tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Chapter 25: Blood and Steel
Rain poured from the sky and lightning struck across the battlefield, the dragons Odahviing and Durnehviir circled overhead exhaling flames from their throats, volleys of arrows cut through the air as they flew towards their mark, steel clashed with iron, and blood soaked the dirt. Men and women died as they fought for control of Morthal, civilians hid wherever they could as they scrambled to avoid being caught in the crossfire. A large ominous crack tore through the sky and a dim white light emanated from deep within. On this night the world would end, upon that battlefield heroes would fall in the clash for the fate of the universe. Tonight the final battle plays out in the ultimate crisis between good and evil and when all is said and done, only one side will remain standing.

~~~~~~~~
Argon gripped his aetherial sword with both hands and lifted the blade next to his head, he took a deep breath as he charged at The Fallen God. "LORKHAN!!" the Dragonborn cried as he advanced. Once Argon had gotten close enough he swung his mighty sword in a downwards arc. Lorkhan sidestepped and avoided the blade and Argon ran right past him. Stopping dead in his tracks Argon, now at the other side of the stone circle, spun around and faced his enemy.

"Well, here we are!" Lorkhan chuckled as he raised his arms to his shoulders. "Isn't it beautiful, Argon? It's the end of the world! I suppose it's only fitting that now be the time for our final fight. Poetic justice, wouldn't you agree? And it will be our final fight I assure you of that. I must admit, I do very much admire your tenacity. I have brought so much pain to your life, hurt so many people close to you, and pulled your world to the brink of destruction yet you have the fortitude to keep going! It is one of the many things I respect about you. You will be missed once this world is gone. Perhaps I'll make a statue in your honor. Not one of the big ones of course, I don't admire you that much; but one of the smaller pocket sized ones. That'd be fitting."

"You talk as though you've already won." Argon spoke from behind his blade.

Lorkhan chuckled, "Oh but I have my dear Dovahkiin! Look around you! All of this, every bit of it is my doing, not yours, not your sister's, all mine! If not for me then we wouldn't be at this very moment right now, you never would have assembled the army to combat me and you never would have gotten your sister back! Don't you see Argon? I am on top of everything! The very root of this conflict is me!"

"Believe me," Argon said, "I see it and that's why I'm here facing you rather than fighting in Morthal. What you don't see is that as long as I am still alive, you haven't won. As long as I am here to oppose you, you shall never win. At this moment you might have the upper hand but I can still bring my world back from the edge."

"You're right." agreed Lorkhan, "As long as you are a nuissance then my work is never done. So allow me to resolve the issue."

Lorkhan stuck his left hand at Argon and curled his fingers as though he had a grasp upon him. With determination plastered on his face, the god slowly raised his arm up towards his head but when he saw Argon standing there, unaffected by his powers he stopped and dropped his arm to his side. A curious look overtook his face as he tried to comprehend the anomaly. A sly smile crept up his cheeks when he finally realized what was happening. "So, you allied yourself with Sithis. I can sense his power flowing through your veins. For a hero such as you to align yourself with the Lord of Chaos, well, you must really want to defeat me. No matter, his strength may protect you from my powers but his powers can do no harm to me either."

"Then I guess that leaves us to our swords." Argon conveyed.

"I guess it does." Lorkhan agreed, "Now Argon Stormblade, let's finish this."

~~~~~~~~
"No way, no can do!" Captain Urich of the Morthal city guard shouted in Nerevar's face, "I refuse to send myself or my men back out there into that battle!"

The six heroes of Tamriel had gone to Jarl's Longhouse in order to convice the Morthal Guards to rejoin the fight. "Brave men and women are dying out there trying to save your city and you don't feel some sense of duty to aid them?" Nerevar attempted to reason.

"Dammit of course I do! We all do! But take a good look around you, we're beaten, bruised, injured, if we go out there then we are signing our own death certificates."

"In normal situations that would be a sensible argument, but all the people fighting out there have signed the same thing and so have we. Right now, that means nothing to us." Fayen said.

"As the Captain of the guards you sir have a duty to stay with your city until the end. Just as a captain with a sinking ship." Garnin added.

Urich wouldn't hear it, "This ship isn't sinking, it's being beaten, burned, and torn to shreds by savages!"

"Now you listen to me, boy." Sheogorath shoved himself in Urich's face, "You either get out there and help fight or I will personally rip you to shreds."

"I'm not scared of you." Urich retorted, "Right now I'm scared of Lorkhan and whatever else is out there."

"Do you not think any of us are scared? We're terrified!" Kara spoke up, "However we're still fighting despite that! If you die then you go to Sovngarde, if me or any of my friends die then we are erased from existence completely wiped from the universe. There is no afterlife for us, no nice mead hall for us to drink in, if we die then that's it. You can die all you want but you still have the comfort of knowing you'll at least go somewhere."

Urich sighed, "If we leave who will protect the civilians inside of here?"

"Us of course. That's why we're here." Katja answered.

Urich turned to address his men, "Men, I'm sorry to do this to you, but there's no more lollygagin' we have to help protect our city and save our universe. It's our job as people of this world and it is our duty as City Guards. Grab your swords and shields, we're going back to war." The guards did just that. As they had been ordered the brave protectors of Morthal stood up and grabbed their weapons, one by one they followed their captain out the door and back to the land of death. When all the guards had exited the Longhouse, the Heroes of Tamriel walked outside as well and formed a half circle around the front steps. They each drew their respective weapons and prepared to defend the civilians at all costs.

Enemies approached them and attempted to get inside but with swiftness they were hacked apart by Garnin's axe or slashed to pieces by Nerevar's swords. Sheogorath used his magic to dissuade enemies from coming closer but the ones that did he quickly finished with the sword he was given as the Divine Crusader. Fayen scanned the battlefield for any enemies he could find a clear shot on and he fired at them with his bow.

As she fought back any approaching enemy Katja heard a woman's voice cry out in pain. This cry stood out amongst the others not because it was more severe but because it was familiar, Katja recognized the voice. "I have to go." Katja spoke softly at first.

"What's that?" Sheogorath asked her.

"I have to go, Lydia needs my help." Katja repeated.

"No way, Argon's orders, you have to stay here. Besides we need all the help we can get and Lydia can take care of herself." Nerevar commanded.

Lydia cried out again. This time Nerevar heard it and he heard the anguish it carried with it. Nerevar pursed his lips and shook his head before telling Katja to go help. Katja thanked him and turned to run to her friend. Sheogorath grasped her elbow and pulled her back. "Be careful, granddaughter. I just got you back, I will not lose you again." he said to her.

Katja shook her head and smiled, "Will do Grandpa."

~~~~~~~~
Lydia was flung backwards onto the steps of Moorside Inn, her head slamming hard on the wood. "Agh!" she let out as the pain rushed through her. "That the best you got?" she grinned.

Artis shook his head, "Not by a long shot. My Lord has given me powers beyond your wildest dreams."

"Then let's see them." Lydia challenged.

Artis smirked as he placed one hand above the other as though he were holding a ball. As he charged the spell Lydia slowly crawled backwards up the stairs and manged to pull herself to her feet using a wooden beam above her. Artis finished charging the spell as he locked eyes with Lydia momentarily before releasing the spell and flinging the energy ball directly at her. Lydia dove to the side as Katja tackled Artis from his left and knocked him to the ground. The energy ball missed Lydia and instead created a large hole in the wall of Moorside Inn and the building went up in a blaze.

Katja dug her knees into her enemy's shoulders and pinned him to the ground as she began delivering multiple blows to his face. As blood poured from the wounds she had created Katja reached around her back to grab her dagger. "You blonde, bitch!" Artis shouted as he grasped Katja's knees and used energy bursts from his hands to propel her ten feet into the air. Katja landed in the lake in across the road and the water washed most of the mud and blood from her hair and clothes.

Artis pushed himself to his feet and turned to Lydia who had used a healing potion to fix her wounds. "Damn, that's my last one." Lydia said as she dropped the bottle to the ground.

"Then you had better make the best of it." Artis said as he charged another spell in his left hand.

~~~~~~~~
"Do you really expect to defeat me?!" Lorkhan shouted as he locked blades with Argon.

"That's the idea, yes." Argon answered as he pulled back his blade and ducked as Lorkhan swung at him.

"I have had thousands of years to prepare for this, to train, to draw upon Aetherius to increase my power, and to plot the destruction of this world! I will not be so easily undone by a man who thinks himself to be a dragon!" Lorkhan connected his foot with Argon's chestplate and pushed him back.

As Lorkhan swung again Argon raised his sword to defend himself and the duo locked blades again. Argon pushed back on his blade to try and force Lorkhan back but Lorkhan's strength was greater than his and the god pinned Argon against one of the stone pillars. "Now I will finish you and then will finish your world!" Lorkhan shouted.

Argon had to be quick, he knew how to free himself from Lorkhan but if he moved too slow Lorkhan's blade would decapitate him. Argon put all of his strength into shoving back on his blade and in doing so he moved Lorkhan's blade back a few inches. This was the window Argon needed and swiftly he dropped his blade away from Lorkhan's and dove off to the side. Lorkhan took advantage of the break in Argon's defense and he shoved forward on his blade but, Argon was too quick for him and rather than making contact with Argon's neck, Lorkhan's blade smashed into the stone. Before Lorkhan could comprehend what had just happened, Argon shoved his blade through the back of the god's right knee. Lorkhan screamed out in pain and confusion as he suffered his first wound of his entire crusade.

"How, how can you hurt me?!" Lorkhan questioned as he fell forward.

"Even the best trickster tricks himself." Argon said,"In your hurry to reunite yourself with your heart you ignored the enchantments placed upon it by the Dwemer thousands of years ago. These enchantments made your heart weak to aetherium and now that very heart pumps out the blood that flows through your body and gives life to your every cell. You may be impervious to the power of Sithis, but he found another way to aid me by giving me a blade made of pure aetherium."

"You son of a bitch!" Lorkhan cried out. Argon ripped the blade out of Lorkhan's knee and swung it at the god's neck. The blade sliced through his flesh like butter and Lorkhan's head dropped off and his body keeled over into the mud. Argon stood above the corpse breathing heavily.

"That was almost too easy." Sithis said to him.

Lorkhan's head rolled over and stared directly at Argon. "That's because it was." spoke the severed head.

"What in Oblivion..." Argon said horrified.

Long tendrils of flesh and muscle shot from the stump of Lorkhan's neck and connected with the bottom of his head. The tendrils pulled the two pieces together and a wall of flesh connected them, on the inside the muscle was rapidly rebuilding, veins connected, his esophagus reattached, and any signs of a wound disappeared. "You see Argon, even with aetherium my heart is still indestructible. Aetherium may hurt me, but as soon as you remove it I will heal. Any wound you give me will be as though it never happened. You can decapitate me, take my head and run far away, but my body will grow a new one. You can rip out my heart and cast it into the sea but I will go retrieve it. You can slice me to pieces and leave a shard of aetherium in my corpse but someone could remove it and that's too big of a risk isn't it? No, you need something permanent. Well, I regret to inform you that a permanent solution does not exist."

~~~~~~~~
"That. Hurt." Katja said as she ran back at Artis with her dagger drawn.

"Yes, well, I didn't think it would kill you." Artis smirked.

Lydia drew her sword and ran to Katja's side. Artis laughed, "Isn't this sweet? Now I get to kill you both at the same time. Hoo, this is going to be fun."

Katja and Lydia both rushed at him with their weapons drawn. The both swung at him as Artis continuously casted spells at them which they managed to dodge.

"Duck!" Lydia shouted to Katja as she swung her sword wide and hit Artis in the chest. The man screamed out in pain as he turned and ran up the steps of the inn and casted a powerful healing spell upon him self. All of his wounds healed, from the gashes Katja had made on his face to the large hole Lydia had opened in his chest.

"By the nine he doesn't quit easy!" Katja shouted.

"Just keep fighting!" Lydia said to her.

Both the women ran up the steps to meet Artis. Lorkhan's servant stood between the railing and the side wall with his back facing another wall. He had produced a sword from seemingly mid air and he began swinging it like a mad man when Katja and Lydia approached him. The speed at which the blade flew throug the air was so fast that neither of the women could safely pass it and attack Artis.

Katja formulated a plan as she did her best to avoid the large blade. "I have an idea." She told Lydia, "Just hold him off for a minute."

"I'll do my best." Lydia promised.

Lydia drew her sword and swung back at Artis, the two clashed blades together and repeatedly swung at each other. Artis was so distracted by the fight that he failed to notice Katja hopping the railing and putting herself behind him. Katja stuck her arms under the man's shoulders and yanked his arms behind his back. Lydia took the opening Katja had created and ran at Artis with the hilt of her sword tucked at her hip. Before Lydia could run him through, Artis flung his head back and hit Katja directly in the nose. The sudden hit disoriented Katja and she released his arms. In an instant Artis had his hands in front of him and caught Lydia's blade in his palms. As blood poured from his hands he ripped the sword out of Lydia's grasp and used a burst of energy to shove her down the steps. Artis then faced Katja and lifted her up in his hands; he turned around and threw the woman to the steps at the other side of the inn's walkway. Katja was so disoriented by the entire event that she failed to realize the spell Artis was charging. A bright glow emanated from his hands and he stared at Katja. Too late did Katja see the spell flying at her, the giant glowing green orb of magic coming to end her life. When she finally regained her senses it was too late to move, too late to avoid it, all she could do was close her eyes and accept her fate.

But the spell never hit her. The green glow disappeared and the spell was gone. Katja looked up and saw the confusion Artis was wearing on his face. Where had the spell gone? Why was Katja still alive? What had just happened? Then Katja saw it. The great mass laying crippled on the ground. The body of Lydia curled up in the fetal position between Katja and Artis. Now Katja knew what had happened. She realized the sacrifice Lydia had just made even though Artis was still struggling to realize what had just happened. Katja pushed herself to her feet and ran over to Artis, with a swift kick to the jaw she knocked Artis through the hole in the wall of the inn. Katja ran over to her dying friend and held the old woman in her arms.

"Why would you do that?" Katja asked as tears pooled in her eyes.

"Couldn't... let you die..." Lydia struggled to speak,"I lived... long life... yours... stolen from you... I had my chance... Now you... can have yours..." With these final words Lydia succumbed to the spell and her life left her body. The tears ran down Katja's face and dripped to Lydia's cheek as she closed her eyelids for her.

"Don't worry Lydia, I'll make this right. I'm gonna get that bastard." Katja gently rested Lydia's corpse on the ground and stood up. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch."

~~~~~~~~
Soldiers from Lorkhan's army were closing in around the Longhouse, the five heroes stood tall with their weapons in hand. "Just let us in and you five can keep existing." one of the soldiers spoke.

"No can do." Fayen said as he nocked an arrow.

"Lorkhan's orders. He wants all civilians dead. Quite a few have already gotten away and we refuse to fail Lorkhan any further."

"Then you're going to have to go through us." Garnin replied as he grasped the handle of his axe with both hands.

Nerevar tried to apeal the soldiers' humanity, "I don't understand it. How does man fall so far so fast? Two months ago all of you were normal men living normal lives. Some of you had families but now you've abandoned everything you had and blindly follow a madman, and for what? Power? A promise of leadership in his so called 'new world'? You do realize he's lying to you, correct? Lorkhan is known for being a trickster and that's exactly what he's doing to you all. Throw down your weapons, abandon this liar and when all is said and done we can see to it that your crimes go unpunished. You just have to make the right choice."

"We made our choice. As long as Lorkhan remains, this world is doomed. We've seen what Lorkhan can do, Argon Stormblade stands no chance against him. This is how we survive; by doing what Lorkhan commands. Swords men!"

"So much for the peaceful resolution. Kara, go inside and get the civilians into the basement. Once the last one is in barricade the door." Nerevar commanded and Kara did as she was ordered.

"And then there were four." Sheogorath laughed. The remaining four heroes readied their weapons as the soldiers rushed them. The soldiers greatly outweighed the heroes in number but not in skill. Together the four of them fought back against the soldiers as wave after wave kept pouring in. Seeing the conflict happening, many members from Argon's army began to move towards the conflict in order to give assistance to the heroes.

"Duck, Sheo!" Fayen shouted as a soldier took a swing at the madgod. Sheogorath did as commanded and Fayen shot an arrow into the heart of the attacker. When he stood back up Sheogorath grasped another soldier by his shoulder and pulled the man onto his blade. Garnin skillfully used his axe to dismember anybody whose swords got too close for comfort. When one soldier rushed at him Garnin gave a quick swing of the axe and sliced the soldier's head off. Nerevar was an expert at duel wielding swords and he took advantage of this skill by using his swords Hopesfire and Trueflame. The flaming swords easily sliced through the armor of Lorkhan's soldiers and Hopesfire dealt a powerful electric shock while Trueflame burned their flesh.

For a while the heroes had the upper hand but it that did not last. Though the heroes fought valiantly Lorkhan's army did have more numbers and as more soldiers took notice of the conflict it became harder for the heroes to do battle in so small of a space.

"We have to fall back!" Nerevar commanded, "Inside the Longhouse, hurry!"

The heroes retreated inside Highmoon Hall and found Kara waiting with her weapon drawn. "Is everyone in basement?" Nerevar asked. Kara nodded. "Good. Then let's fight." Nerevar smiled.

Suddenly the door bust open and soldiers poured inside. The five heroes stood in a line with their weapons drawn ready to make a final stand. Fayen used his bow to thin out the numbers as they approached and whenever an enemy got too close he pulled out a small dagger and stabbed them in the throat. As he was prepping an arrow on his bowstring one soldier got too close to him. Unable to reach his dagger in time, Fayen used the arrow to stab the soldier through the eye socket of his helmet. He then ripped the arrow out as the man bellowed in pain and Fayen fired the arrow at a soldier that approached Kara's blindspot. Kara herself used the sword that Argon had given her to the best of her ability. The sword was a perfect fit for her fighting style and allowed her to swing quickly and take down a large amount of enemies in mere seconds.

Garnin's axe smashed through armor and bone with one swing. Soldiers would come to challenge the brute but no one could stand up to the mighty axe.

Nerevar had devised a tactic in which he would use one of his blades to block an incoming sword and then use his other sword to stab his opponent. This tactic proved useful as he fought against the oncoming horde. Sheogarth used a combination of his powers and his skill with a sword. He would use his increased speed to duck under blades and get behind opponents. Once behind them he would either burn them with his fire touch or stab them through the back with his blade.

The heroes fought to the best of their abilities but Lorkhan's army kept pushing them further and further towards the back wall. As they nead the trap door to the basement they could see the large wooden plank Kara had secured to the trap door. Finally, the heroes were pinned back against the wall with only a small space in which to fight.

"I don't know if we're going to make it out of this." Kara said.

"Quick, everyone take hands." Sheogorath commanded. The heroes did as Sheogorath said and Sheogorath used a large portion of his energy to cast a spell upon himself and his friends. The spell increased the heroes speed tenfold. With their increased speed the heroes managed to dispatch enemies quicker than ever and moments later the heroes had single-handedly made Lorkhan's soldiers retreat from the longhouse. The heroes left Highmoon Hall littered with corpses as they went to rejoin the battle outside.

~~~~~~~~
Katja approached the hole in the wall of Moorside Inn that moments before she had kicked Artis through. Now though, the man was gone. He was not laying unconcious on the ground, he had seemingly disappeared. Against her better judgement Katja stepped through the hole in search of Lorkhan's right hand man.

Inside the burning inn, fires roared and bottles of mead were scattered about. The smell of burning cabbage overtook the building and smoke filled Katja's lungs. She looked towards the back of the inn and behind the counter she saw Artis standing, waiting, for her to face him.

"You killed my friend." Katja said as she drew her dagger.

"I was trying to kill you." Artis said back.

"Well you failed, and now I'm going to kill you."

Artis tried to reason with her, "Why? What good will that do? It surely won't bring your friend back. Killing me won't stop Lorkhan either. What purpose does my death serve? Why would you kill me?"

"Because I want to." Katja snarled, "I don't care if it does me no good. I've been through so much these past few weeks, now all I want is to see you bleed."

"Well," began Artis,"you can have that. Or, you can consider a second offer. Don't kill me. Spare me. Keep me alive, and when Lorkhan creates his new world I can convince him to spare you. You can come along with me and be mine. We can be married the two of us, and together we can be King and Queen of the new world, serving under the great god Lorkhan. I've seen the things you can do, the way you fight, the strength that you embody, together the two of us can do anything. We will have no limits. All you have to do is spare me and I give you my word I will spare you. I know your story Katja Stormblade, I know of the life that was stolen from you, now let me give you a new one."

Katja shook her head, "This may not be the world I wanted, but it's the one that I got and there is no way in Oblivion that I am going to let it end. You can take your offer and shove it up your ass. This is my world, this is my life, and I am going to live it the best I can."

Artis frowned, "Pity. You would have made a good Queen." Katja sheathed her dagger and dove off to the side as Artis began throwing spells at her in rapid succession. Fireballs, ice, electricty, and energy orbs, were all among the spells he threw at her. Katja did all she could to avoid being hit; such as knocking over tables and using them for cover. Slowly but surely she worked her way to Artis. She managed to duck underneath the counter and when Artis leaned over to look at her she jumped up and vaulted over the counter. She grabbed Artis by the throat but he shoved her off of him. He raised his hands to cast a spell but she grasped his wrists and held them off to the side, using her amazing flexibility she brought up her right leg and kicked him three times in the side of the face. When Artis managed to break free of her grasp he grabbed her by the throat and lifted her off her feet. "It's time to end this." Artis said as his hands began to heat up around her neck. Katja felt the heat building up on her throat as Artis tightened his grip. Desperately she fumbled to pull her dagger out of its sheath as Artis's palms increased in heat. Finally, her neck started to burn and she could no longer breathe. Her vision blackened as she began to lose all feeling in her body; a single fight-or-flight response played in Katja's head and kept her reaching for her dagger. Time slowed down as the woman became increasingly desperate and close to death. Then she felt it, a single feeling through the glove on her hand, the feeling of her dagger's hilt in her hand was the only thing Katja could feel, but it was all she needed to feel. Katja drew her dagger from the sheathe as she had done hundreds of times before, whether it was strength or willpower that allowed Katja to raise her dagger, she'll never know, but when she finally had it raised she gave her dagger a strong swing and a moment later she was on the ground and her vision cleared up, sensation returned to her body and she could feel the heat leaving her neck.

Artis screamed in pain and horror as he stared at his two hands laying side by side on the floor. Katja realized what she had done and she got to her feet. She tackled Artis back into one of the mead barrels and the weight of their bodies caused it to break open. A wave of mead washed over them both and stung Artis's stumps and Katja's eyes.

"Please! What do you want?! I'll do anything now! Do you want me to spare Argon as well? I will, I will! I swear it! Just tell me what you want!" Artis pleaded as Katja pinned him to the ground and raised her dagger.

For an instant, Katja hesitated. Spare Argon? Could Artis really do that? There was no guarantee Argon would win, but maybe having a backup plan wasn't such a bad idea. Katja had failed her family once before, but now she had the chance to do right by her family. Katja took a deep breath before she looked Artis right in his despearte eyes and said, "I told you what I want. I want you to bleed." Katja stabbed her dagger into Artis's temple and once the life had left his body, she pulled the dagger back out and returned it to its sheathe.

~~~~~~~~
The universal crack continued to grow and engulf the night sky as Argon and Lorkhan fought on the ground below. The planet of Nirn shook beneath Argon's feet as the very fabric of the universe fell apart. Time was running out.

"You feel it too don't you?" Lorkhan said with glee in his voice, "Soon it will all be over! This world will be annihilated and my new world will begin! Time is up Argon Stormblade, I have won this war."

"The world hasn't ended yet!" Argon shouted as he swung his blade at Lorkhan's head.

With great ease, Lorkhan parried the attack. "I've said it before, I admire your tenacity. If only that determination had been on my side. Imagine what we could have accomplished together, Argon. You could have been my second, Artis would have been a pointless companion if I had the power of the Dragonborn on my side. It is a pity that this is the way things had to go. Unfortunately, you have opposed me throughout my entire crusade and now I am forced to kill you." Lorkhan let go of his sword with one hand and swung the weapon in a sideways arc. The dark blade scraped against Argon's breastplate followed by a trail of sparks.

The Dragonborn stepped back and readied his sword as Lorkhan rushed to attack him. As the god's blade neared his face, Argon pushed his blade in front of it and blocked the attack. The two fighters pushed upon their swords as the blades locked together. From behind his blade Lorkhan commanded, "Give in Dragonborn, I have already won." All around the world leaves, pebbles, and any small objects that were not tied down began to levitate and were sucked into the great crack in the sky. "There is nothing you can do Dovahkiin. Your universe is falling apart around you; even if you could kill me how would you stitch the fabric of this world?"

"I'll figure that out once you're good and dead." Argon said as he gave a great shove upon his sword and broke through the lock. Lorkhan stumbled backwards and while he was disoriented Argon broke his sword through the god's armor and buried the blade in Lorkhan's side. The god cried out in pain as a great plume of smoke arose from around Argon's weapon. This was the first time Argon noticed the smoke that appeared each time he injured his enemy.

"Did you see that?" Argon asked Sithis.

"That was strange." Sithis replied.

"What if it's not the weapon that's hurting Lorkhan but it's the aetherium itself?" Argon questioned.

"What do you mean?"

Argon explained his theory, "The aetherium neutralizes Lorkhan's powers, that much we know. But, that's not why Lorkhan is getting hurt, it's not the sharpness of the blade that hurts Lorkhan, rather, it's the very substance that comprises the blade. Whatever spells were placed upon his heart make Lorkhan unable to even touch aetherium. It's never been a lack of powers that allows Lorkhan to be hurt it's a reaction to the aetherium that truly hurts him."

Very confused Sithis asked, "So what are you getting at?"

Argon confidently answered, "If that's the case... Then I think I have a plan."

~~~~~~~~
The heroes split up and ran to separate parts of Morthal to assist the army in retaking the city. Fayen climbed to the roof of the Jarl's Longhouse and stood on top of it picking off large enemies from around the city. The archer's accuracy was so deadly that nobody dared to get too close to the front door for fear of an arrow through the eye. Kara fought along the farther half of long dock that stretched out into the shallow lake in the middle of the city. Sheogorath fought along the same dock albeit he took the half of the dock that was closer to the city's main throroughfare. Garnin fought a large cluster of enemies in the area between a civilian's house and the city's Alchemy Shop. Finally, Nerevar fought along the bridge that strecthed across the lake and connected the city to the mill. As the heroes battled Lorkhan's men they were assisted by soldiers from Argon's army.

The speed granted to them by Sheogorath had gone away but the heroes still fought with great fury. Nerevar stood proudly against Lorkhan's men as they tried to cross the bridge. A large brutish man came at Nerevar with a large sword but the hero ducked beneath the attack and swiftly used his sword to cut two large slashes through his armor and down the man's chest. The soldier's eyes widened as he fell backwards and knocked down two more of Lorkhan's soldiers. Nerevar swiftly pounced upon the soldiers and ended their lives with a slit to the throat.

Anger welled inside of Kara as she thought of what she'd lost, what this war had taken from her. She channeled this anger into each of her attacks as she brutally slew any soldier who had the audacity to try and take her down. As a soul she knew she risked her very existence by fighting in this battle but that did not matter to her. All that mattered was justice for the loss she suffered. When one of Lorkhan's soldiers got too close, without hesitation Kara plunged her sword into his abdomen then yanked it out and cut his head free from his body. The soldiers from Argon's army looked at the enraged woman with fear as she continued to fight seemingly impervious to the carnage she was causing.

Sheogorath laughed out loud as he gleefully fought Lorkhan's men. Nervous about being around the madgod, Argon's soldiers made sure to keep their distance as Sheogorath fought hordes of enemies. Chickens, rabbits, and cheese were all among transformations Sheogorath so mercilessly imposed upon his enemies. The sword he possessed as the Divine Crusader burned the very flesh of Lorkhan's men and the smell and screams of the burning men made Sheogorath laugh even harder. Sheogorath turned around too late to see a brave soldier swing an axe at his neck. Sheogorath smiled as the weapon came near him. Before the axe could make contact an arrow struck Sheo's enemy in the wrist and forced him to drop his weapon. Only a second later another arrow flew at the enemy, this one striking him in the head and causing him to drop dead in an instant. This made Sheogorath laugh even harder and he turned to the Jarl's Longhouse to see the blonde archer, Fayen smiling at him from the straw roof.

Fayen had managed to find a small platform in the straw roof of Highmoon Hall. From his perch on the roof the archer could see the entire battlefield and he monitored his friends to make sure no enemies managed a lucky hit upon them. After saving Sheogorath from a brave aggressor, Fayen went back to monitoring the fight. Fayen watched as a young woman from Argon's army was lifted up and thrown into the lake. The woman managed to stand up but it was too late, eight soldiers from Lorkhan's army surrounded her with their weapons already prepared. The brave soldier raised her blade as water poured off of her armor and splashed into the shallow lake. Even though she was about to die, the brave woman managed to take down three soldiers before a dagger was stabbed into her back. She fell back into the water, blood pouring from her back, as the remaining five enemies closed in on her. With their weapons raised they prepared to finish her off when suddenly five arrows flew through the air and piereced their helmets. Fayen hopped down from his perch and ducked under enemies as he ran to rescue the poor woman. "You're going to be alright." Fayen said as he carried her to Highmoon Hall. Once he got her inside he laid her down on the Jarl's bed with a healing potion he found in a barrel. After locking the door behind him, Fayen returned to his perch.

Garnin's choice weapon was his "lucky" Daedric Battleaxe. At one point during the first year after the Soul Wars, Garnin was locked in a three day battle against a Dremora who had been left behind after the conflict. After finally killing the Dremora, Garnin took up his fallen enemy's weapon and used it as his own. Now, a few years later, Garnin still had the axe and he was using it as he fought at the end of the world. Garnin used the handle of the axe to block an incoming sword, the force of the blow traveled back up the enemy's weapon and staggered him. Before he could steady himself, Garnin swung the axe at the man's neck and decapitated him. Enemy soldiers tried to surround Garnin but he swung his axe at them and they hopped back in fear. A knife was thrown at him and hit him directly in the shoulder. Rather than give in to the pain, Garnin pulled the knife out of his shoulder and used it to kill another enemy who had managed to get close.

Garnin heard a young squeal from behind him and he turned around to see a soldier yanking a little girl out of the barrel she had been hiding in. The girl stared at Garnin in fear as the soldier liften her by the hair and began to dig a knife to her neck. The soldier failed to see Garnin as he approached him, his knuckles white from how hard he was gripping his axe. In an instant the soldier's arm was cut off and the little girl fell to the ground. The scream of the soldier was silenced by Garnin's axe cutting through his head. Carefully Garnin helped the child to her feet. "What's your name little girl?" Garnin asked.

"I'm Lucy..." the girl said slightly fearful.

"Well Lucy, we're going to get you to safety." Garnin said as he picked the girl up in one arm and carried her to Highmoon Hall. After ripping open the trap door, Garnin lowered the girl down into the cellar where she was reunited with her mother. Once she was safely inside Garnin went back to fight as the Battle of Morthal kept going.

~~~~~~~~
More enraged than ever Lorkhan charged at Argon. "I have given you enought chances to submit! Time and again I have promised you a quick death if you would just submit to me! Yet you continue to fight me, continue to challenge my power, you know that I cannot be killed that I cannot be deafeat, but you keep on fighting! I admire your determination but it has gone too far! No longer will I play this game with you, Argon Stormblade! Now you die!" Lorkhan quickly brought his blade down at Argon's head but the Dragonborn knocked it aside with his own blade. The angry god swung again at him but Argon sidestepped. Each time Lorkhan attacked Argon avoided it which enraged the god even further.

"I am done with you!" Lorkhan shouted as he hit Argon's chest with the butt of his sword. The Dragonborn stumbled back and accidentally dropped his own sword to the ground. Lorkhan picked up the weapon and threw it to the other side of the stone circle. The sword stabbed into the mud next to one of the pillars. A fire of fury burned in Lorkhan's pupils as he brought his weapon down towards Argon's face. Without thinking Argon shouted the words of power "Zun Haal Viik!!" Lorkhan's weapon was ripped from his hands and went flying back into the swamp.

"Damn you!" Lorkhan shouted as his weapon flew away, "I don't need that weapon to beat you anyway!" Lorkhan swung his fist at Argon but the Dragonborn blocked it with his forearm and with his free arm he delievered a punch of his own directly into Lorkhan's face. The hit surprised Lorkhan but it did not injure him. "Stupid man, you cannot hurt me without your precious aetherium!"

Damn. Lorkhan was right. Argon had to reach his sword but Lorkhan was standing between Argon and the weapon. "True, but let me tell you, that felt really good." Argon mocked the god.

"This is going to feel even better." Lorkhan said as he kicked the Dragonborn in the chest and knocked him to the ground. Argon pushed himself to his hands and knees as he tried to stand up but Lorkhan brought his foot underneath him and kicked him again in the chest. Argon fell down into the mud, the wind knocked out of him. Lorkhan began walking towards him as he tried to crawl away. The god stood above him his foot raised above Argon's head. The Dragonborn rolled over to see the metal boot looming above him. Lorkhan applied force to his foot and brought it down towards Argon's head. Time seemed to slow and at first Argon just laid there in the mud, finally accepting his fate. At the last possible second Argon shouted again, "Tiid Klo Ul!" Now time really did slow down, everything in the world slowed down and a blue and white hue covered the universe. Argon grasped Lorkhan's boot and twisted his leg, as he pulled Lorkhan to the ground Argon rolled off to the side and pushed himself to his feet. The shout might have slowed him down too, but at least he knew what was going on. He slowly ran back towards the stone circle as Lorkhan regained his senses and lifted himself to his feet. He beagn to chase after Argon as the Dragonborn ran towards the aetherium sword.

There was a loud "POP" as time fixed itself and the world sped back up. Argon and Lorkhan were both now running at full speed towards the weapon. As Argon was running across the circle in the middle of the pillars, Lorkhan tackled him to the ground and tried to hold him in place with his body weight. Argon managed to get half of his body free from under the god and he began clawing his way through the mud. The sword was only ten feet away, he just had to keep pulling. As he clawed through the mud he pulled himself more and more out from under Lorkhan until the god only had a grasp on his foot. "Let... Go!" Argon yelled as he began kicking at Lorkhan's hand. Lorkhan grasped on to the edge of the circle and held himself and Argon in place.

"I'm... Going to.... Kill you!!!" Lorkhan yelled back as he squeezed upon Argon's boot. The tightness of Lorkhan's grasp caused parts of the metal to crack and dragon bone to splinter. The boot folded in on itself trapping Argon's foot within. The Dragonborn cried out as metal and bone dug through his flesh but he continued to try pulling himself through the mud. Argon kept trying and trying to pull himself forward but combined with the liquidness of the mud and Lorkhan's tight grasp Argon was not moving at all.

"Dammit, let me go!" Argon shouted as he began kicking at Lorkhan's hand. The kicks did nothing to affect the god and he began pulling Argon towards him. Argon tried to hold himself in place by grabbing the mud but it failed to cooperate.

"Gonna... Kill you..." Lorkhan gasped as he put all his strength into pulling Argon to him. Argon stopped and steadied himself, he though back to all he knew about fighting and all the years of experience he had behind him. As he scanned him brain he remembered a lesson Katja had taught him years ago in Bruma.

"Okay, so grab my wrists." Katja commanded her brother.

"Um.. okay?" a confused Argon said as he took his sister's wrists in his palms.

"Are you holding as tight as you can?"

Argon tightened his grip, "Yeah, of course."

"Okay, so watch this." Katja closed her hands together, dropped her weight, and quickly ripped her arms out of Argon's hands.

"How did you do that?!" Argon was amazed.

"See the trick is, everyone has a weak spot in their grip. That weak spot is their thumbs. See, try it with me." Katja held out her hands.

Argon placed his hands in Katja's palms and she squeezed tighly upon them. Argon mimicked his sister's motions and just like she had done, he ripped his arms right out of her grasp.

"That was amazing!" Argon shouted.

Katja smiled at Argon, "That was really good, baby brother. Always remember, anyone, no matter who it is, will have that weakness in their thumbs."

Argon summoned all of his strength to his leg. It may not have been the same as breaking his hand free, but it was the only chance he had at freeing himself at all. With all of his strength in his leg Argon focused on Lorkhan's thumb and in one quick movement he forced his leg at Lorkhan's thumb and ripped it right out of the firm grasp. As soon as his leg was free Argon stumbled to his feet, ignoring the pain that was shooting through his leg, and he ran towards his sword. Lorkhan managed to push himself to his feet and he charged at Argon, but by the time the god reached his opponent, Argon had already picked his sword out of the mud and swung it at him. The blade tore through Lorkhan's armor and the aetherium burned at his flesh. Lorkhan backed away clutching his chest as the wound healed.

"It doesn't matter! You still can't kill me!!" Lorkhan yelled.

Argon faced the angry god and once more he shouted, "Fus Ro Dah!!" The power of the Thu'um was not enough to send the god flying, but it forced him to slide back a few feet. The backs of Lorkhan's feet hit the edges of the stone circle and he fell backwards on to the circle. Lorkhan stood up laughing in mockery at Argon.

Lorkhan let out a cackling laugh, "You foolish, pathetic, little man. Did you really expect that to work? My power is too great for your Thu'um!"

Argon looked directly at Lorkhan and in a confident tone he said "How do you trick a trickster? Well, first you make him think that he is in control. You let him get cocky, get arrogant, allow his ego to take over. Step two, once he is too distracted by his own ego, you make him think that you're trying to do something you're not. So when it 'fails' the trickster laughs and scorns you for your 'mistake' when really he doesn't realize that he's playing right into your hand. Finally, that brings us to step three. Once the trickster mocks and scorns you, you explain your plan to him, you tell him literally everything and provide the chance for him to escape. Don't worry, he won't take it. Then, while he looks upon you doubting everything you're saying and still believing that he is in control well, that's when you strike."

Argon tucked his sword under his arm and one last time he opened his mouth and let out a shout, "Wuld!" Argon qucikly flew at Lorkhan, his sword pointing directly at the god. Argon's shoulder shoved into the god and pushed him back into the center of the stone circle and in the split second window he had opened, Argon shoved the aetherium sworld directly through Lorkhan's heart and let it go. Lorkhan screamed out in pain and horror as smoke rose form his chest and the area around his heart burned.

"Don't worry Lorkhan, it won't kill you. You are a god after all." Argon turned and walked between two pillars facing the pillar with the eagle's head. In the center of the stone circle Lorkhan screamed out in horror and pain as he clawed at his chest. In an attempt to remove the sword he grasped its hilt and began to tug. The aetherium in the hilt reacted with his skin and a cloud of smoke began to rise from his palms. Again, Lorkhan screamed in pain as he released the sword.

"You see Shor, I don't need to kill you in order to defeat you."

"Damn you!!" Lorkhan shouted at the Dragonborn.

"No, you tried to damn my world. Now I'm going to rid it of you." All around him more and more objects were being sucked into the crack in the sky, the force was getting greater as larger objects such as wagons and barrels were pulled in; Argon cared not, he knew what he had to do and he was ready to do it. "Goodbye Lorkhan."

Argon closed his eyes and focused upon the power of Sithis and his own divine power. He raised his arms above his head and used his power to link himself to the powers of the Divines and Daedra stored inside the stone circle and its surrounding pillars. Once the link was established and Argon controlled all the power his eyes began to glow a bright shade of blue and orbs of power appeared on his finger tips. Argon opened his mouth and in a loud, clear, and defined voice he said "I, Argon Stormblade, by the chaos of Sithis, the destruction of the Daedra, the power of the Nine Divines, and my own divine power as the Last Dragonborn, cast you, Lorkhan, out of this universe. With these powers combined I hereby seal you from all planes of existence and condemn you to float powerlessly outside of all realms now and forever!" Argon took his time to articulate each word and when the incantation was done, Argon thrust his arms forward towards Lorkhan and the pillars of the stone circle obeyed his command.

Large bolts of lighting shot out of the tops and bottoms of each pillar and all struck Lorkhan's body. The god's eyes widened as the bolts flew at him and when they struck him he cried out, "NOOOO!!!!" The bolts disappeared and a large burst of energy flew forth from the stone circle and struck Argon and sent him flying backwards.

The large force engulfed the entire world and all across Tamriel people were stopping dead in their tracks. The riots all came to a sudden halt and the Battle of Morthal froze. Down in Morthal all soldiers, both Argon's and Lorkhan's, turned and looked towards the stone circle. Argon's men all wore worried faces and Lorkhan's men all grinned, but when nothing happened and the world remained intact all knew the simple truth: Lorkhan had been defeated.

All across the battlefield the hopeless soldiers of Lorkhan threw down their weapons and allowed what remained of Argon's army to take them into custody. A great joy overcame Argon's soldiers as they went around the city arresting all of Lorkhan's men. The citizens of Morthal were let out of the crowded cellar and they walked outside and looked on in horror at what remained of their city. The fires had been snuffed out by the great force but houses and shops lay in ruins. Corpses littered the city and the lake had been dyed a deep red.

Argon was laying face down in the mud but when he looked up Lorkhan was nowehere to be seen. The Dragonborn pushed himself to his feet and slowly he walked towards the stone circle. Argon fell to his knees and removed Konahrik and lowered his hood, he held his mask at his side for a moment before he loosend his grip and dropped it next to him into the mud. Lorkhan was gone. All that remained was a small scorch mark and a trail of smoke that floated up into the night sky. Argon's plan had succeeded, with the aetherial sword stuck in his heart, Lorkhan's powers were completely cut off and because he could not touch the sword to remove it, Lorkhan was stuck powerless outside of all planes of existence unable to ever return. The universe was finally rid of The Fallen God. Though the universal crack remained, it seemed that the force released by Lorkhan's banishment stopped the crack from pulling anything new inside. Argon let himself slip into a trance as he stared at the stone circle and the eagle pillar.

The sound of splashing came from the water behind the eagle pillar as a figure in the night approached Argon. Argon paid no attention to the figure and he could not tell if it was friend or foe. Either way, he did not care. All that mattered to him was that he had won. Lorkhan was gone. As the person approached the stone circle he or she began to move slower and paused just outside of the pillars.

"By the gods." Katja said, "You did it."

Katja's voice snapped Argon out of his trance and he looked at his sister, speechless. Katja approached her brother and helped him to his feet. The twins wrapped each other in a long embrace. The end of Katja's ponytail had been singed, she was covered in blood, and she smelled of smoke and mead, but it mattered not. She was alive. "I... I did it.... I... won...." Argon whispered in disbelief.

"You did it, baby brother. You saved the world." Katja whispered back.

"I'm glad you're alive. I was afraid you had died." Argon told her.

"Me? Never. You on the other hand? Well, you just challenged a god. If that doesn't scream idiot, then I don't know what does." Katja paused, "But I'm glad you're alive too. Thank you, for saving us all."

Katja rested her head on her brother's shoulder and the twins stood unmoving for what felt like forever as they held each other in their arms.

"Ahem, I hate to interrupt, but we still have to take care of some business." came a voice from behind Katja.

Argon released his sister and saw the rest of his team standing behind her. Kara ran up to Argon and embraced him. "You did it. I knew you could."

"Congratulations, Argon." Nerevar said.

"Nicely done." Fayen said.

"Eh, if I were Dragonborn I would have dealt with him a lot faster." Garnin joked.

"You did good kid. Both of you did." Sheogorath said as he clapped his grandchildren on their backs.

"We all did good. Every single one of us. The seven of us just saved the world." Argon said to his team.

"I hate to bring this up, but there is still the issue of the ominous crack looming above us." Fayen said.

"I honestly have no idea how to fix that." Argon gave a half chuckle.

"I can help with that." said a loud voice from above the clouds. The heroes all looked into the sky as a man dressed in white garments descended from above them. The man landed before the seven heroes and addressed them. "Hello," he said, "my name is Anu. It's a pleasure to meet you." Anu was wearing a large white cloth that had holes for his head and for his arms. He had a large white beard, a smooth face, and well maintained white hair. He had no pupils and his eyes were completely white. Everything about him was so peaceful and orderly.

"Well, well, look who it is." Sithis said inside Argon's head.

"Yes, hello Sithis. It's good to see you again." Anu grinned at Argon.

"No offense but why are you here?" Argon asked the deity.

Anu smiled, "To do my duty of course. I am here to restore order to the world."

"You couldn't have done that three months ago?" Garnin accused.

Anu frowned, "I'm afraid it would have been impossible for me to do so. The power of Lorkhan was so great that it kept even me locked out of this world and stranded in my own realm. The only reason Sithis was able to access this world is because there was enough chaos in the world for him to do so. As all deities, I too was powerless against Lorkhan and the fog of chaos was too thick for me to break through. However, with Lorkhan's defeat a great portion of that chaos has left this world and opened a window for me to enter."

"But now that you're here you can fix the world, correct?" Argon asked.

"I can do more than fix it," Anu smiled, "I can restore it. I can make it as it was before this war ever started. Before Lorkhan paraded around Tamriel as Talos killing innocents and threatening takeover. I can resurrect the dead, rebuild cities, and put families back together."

"If you restore the world, will we have any memories of this?" Katja questioned.

"Of course you will. The entire world will. I won't be restoring the timeline and placing you back a few months, I'll simply put the world back to normal. So yes, Miss Katja, you will still be free." Katja let out a sigh of relief.

Kara spoke up, "Restore the dead? You... you can bring us back? All of us?"

"I can, and I will. You've more than earned it."

"Enough talk then, let's get to it." Garnin demanded.

Anu laughed, "Very well." The deity snapped his fingers and everything went white. The blinding white remained for what seemed to be an eternity and once it finally disappeared the group was still standing in the same spots at the stone circle. Now though, everything had been put back together. The deceased heroes had been given back their flesh and blood, Argon's boot was fixed and his wound no longer hurt, Katja's singed hair and been restored and all of the grime upon her and her brother was gone. Down in Morthal, buildings and homes and been restored as though they had never been burnt down. The crack in the sky had disappeared and in its place was a single moon. The heroes were also now surrounded by the resurrected Daedric Princes and the Nine Divines. Sithis was no longer in Argon's head and for the most part everything had returned to normal.

"We're... we're back...?" Dibella questioned.

"Where is Lorkhan?" Akatosh asked.

"I won." Argon answered.

There was a loud gasp of shock from all the deities. "That's not possible....." Stendarr said.

"Well, well, I suppose I should congratulate you. I'm glad that bastard finally got what he deserved." Talos finally seemed to be at peace.

"There is much to discuss to be sure, but let us finish up here first." Anu ordered. All the deities fell into silence when they recognized the man. "A congratulations is in order for the seven of you. Together you have achieved the impossible and won a war that seemed impossible to win. From the day of his death Lorkhan was destined to return and the seven of you were destined to oppose him. Before you were even born these destinies have been in place and tonight you have fulfilled them. Tonight your world still exists because of the actions of you seven. For this great victory you deserve a great reward. No longer will you be mere mortals, from this day forward you shall be immortal. You shall be known as gods, no blade can hurt you and age will no longer effect you. You have power and skill beyond your greatest dreams. The whole world shall look up to you and see your for who you truly are. Not just heroes, but the gods of heroes, The Immortals. No longer will there be the two moons of Lorkhan's corpse, from now on there is just one moon to represent your unity."

The Daedra and the Divines all clapped and cheered for the seven heroes.

Anu continued to speak, "Along with putting an end to the deadly riots I also placed a necessary limit upon Dwemer ingenuity, these destructive weapons that they manufactured under Kagrenac have been done away with and shall never again see the light of day. I should also tell you, that when I resurrected the dead I restored the lives of every civilian who had died through out this entire event. However when it comes to the two armies, I resurrected nobody from Lorkhan's army. They will be punished for eternity in the Void. But when it comes to the soldiers of Argon's army, they had the option of rejoining the living, or staying forever in Sovngarde. Among the ones who stayed in Sovngared was Lydia, the leader of The Blades. As for your family Argon, both of your daughters and their husbands have been resurrected and before you ask Kara, yes I restored him too."

Argon was confused. "Wait, restored who?" He asked his wife.

A great burden had been lifted off of Kara's shoulders and she turned to her husband with a giant smile on her face. "Argon," she said, "I'm pregnant!"

Epilogue: A Day Shall Arise
"Happy Saturalia!" Argon said as he brought out bottles of Spiced Wine. "With the Lorkhan War and all I didn't even realize how close the holiday was. I'm afraid I wasn't able to get any of you gifts this year."

Nerevar laughed, "Well you saved the world. That's a pretty big gift."

"You wouldn't be offended if I tried to return it would you? I was really hoping for a new sword." Katja joked.

It had been a week since the Battle of Morthal and the heroes were still trying to readjust to life. Katja was having the most trouble adjusting to the new world she was living in. For the time being she was staying with Argon but he no longer relied on her as a crutch, he had his family and friends back and Katja felt like she an imposition to all of that.

"If you do, would you mind buying me something nice as well?" Sheogorath asked.

"How about I just go summon Lorkhan? We can let him come back and finish what he started." Argon said.

In unison the six other heroes all screamed, "NO!"

"Well then maybe you should accept my gift and be gracious about it." Argon laughed.

A silence fell over the room. I was not an awkward silence, it was welcome silence of peace and rest. After a few moments Fayen spoke up, "I still can't believe it's over. We actually won."

"Well believe it," Garnin said, "nobody will ever take this world from us."

"We achieved the impossible. That calls for a drink." Nerevar raised a tankard of wine above his head. "To Tamriel." he said.

The rest of the heroes all raised up a tankard of wine, except Kara who had a tankard of water. "To Tamriel!" the seven shouted in unision.

~~~~~~~~
8th of Sun's Height, 4E 278

"Come on Kara, you can do it." Argon held on to his wife's hand as she was laying back on their bed with her legs raised.

"Okay Kara, ready to try pushing again?" the priestess asked.

Kara squeezed Argon's knuckles and shook her head at him. "Change of plans," she said, "I'll just stay pregnant forever."

Argon laughed, "That doesn't sound like much fun either. I know you can do this."

The priestess readied herself, "Okay Kara, one... two... three!"

Not long later the priestess was wrapping up a young baby in a blanket and handing him to his mother. "Congratulations Kara, it's a boy."

Argon smiled at his young son. "What should we name him?" he asked his wife.

Kara smiled and said, "Let's name him Dov. Do you like that?"

"I love it." Argon told her. "Welcome to the world little Dov."

A few hours went by and Kara was falling asleep in the bed. "Let me take him. You get some sleep. I'm promise to take care of him."

Kara looked at her husband sternly, "If you drop my baby I will cut you."

Argon laughed and picked up his son, "I promise nothing will happen to him." Argon left the room with his new son and went to the alchemy tower. He held Dov in one arm and climb the ladder to the top of the tower.

The cool night air brushed across Argon's face and the stars above lit up the night sky. Argon stood at the railing of the tower and looked out across the lake. "You see this Dov? This is our world. Isn't it beautiful? We gotta do everything we can to protect this world."

A familiar voice behind Argon said, "You talking to yourself again, baby brother?"

"For your information, I'm talking to my infant son." Argon smiled as Katja approached the two of them.

"He's beautiful." Katja said as she looked at the baby in the blanket. Dov's big blue eyes looked up curiously at the woman standing above him. "He's got your eyes." Katja smiled. Argon passed Dov over to his aunt and she melted when she held him in her arms. "Hi little baby, I'm your Aunt Katja."

Argon watched as Katja played with the baby. He slighly frowned when he asked, "It's been three months, where have you been Katja?"

Katja looked up from the baby. "All over. I couldn't just stay in one place. I woke up in a strange unfamiliar world I had to go out and explore it. See what it's like and find myself a home."

"Your home is here." Argon told her.

"No, it's not. It's your home. I'm just a guest, and I've imposed enough. You don't need me in your way, espeically now that you have this little guy." Katja held up baby Dov.

Argon shook his head, "That little guy wouldn't be here if you didn't drag me out of the tavern that night. If not for you, none of this would be here. You could never impose on me Katja, please come back home. I need you."

Katja frowned and handed Dov back to his father. "No you don't. You're the Dragonborn, you already have everything you could ever need." she said, "I gotta go, Argon."

"At the very least, are you sure you don't want your powers?" Argon offered.

"I'm sure. Not yet at least. I want to experience this world and I can't do that if I'm a god among men. Hold on to them for me until I'm ready." Katja began to climb down the side of the alchemy tower, "Don't worry I'll still be watching over you."

When Katja hit the ground she took off running and disappeared into the night. "Goodbye, Kat." Argon whispered to himself. He stood alone in silence with Dov until he sensed a presence behind him.

"Did you forget something?" He said as he turned expecting to see his sister, "Oh, it's you."

Anu walked past Argon and leaned next to him on the railing. "I've come with some news."

"Good or bad?" Argon asked as he turned back around.

Anu shook his head, "A great evil is on the rise, Argon."

"Another Lorkhan?"

"No, not another Lorkhan. This... man.... Does not seek to destroy the world. He seeks to rule it. And when he comes, he will raise an immortal army and unleash a millenia of darkness upon this world."

With determination in his voice Argon said, "Then when he comes, my team and I will be ready. We'll take him down like we did with Lorkhan."

Anu frowned, "It will take so much more to deafeat him, Argon. Your team alone will not be enough to defeat him. In order to stop him, you will have to team up with a new generation of heroes."

"A new generation?" Argon asked.

"It all starts with one." Anu said as he nodded his head at Dov. Argon looked down at his child and when he looked up Anu had disappeared.

"Well Dov," Argon said to his son, "it looks like you have a big life ahead of you. But for now, let's just enjoy the peace."

THE END

Last edited:

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
That's it then. After a long and harsh war Lorkhan has finally been defeated and the universe is saved. With this chapter not only does the story "Revenge" come to a close, but so too does the entire series "Heroes of Tamriel". After three years of writing this series it has finally ended.

So the question of the day is: What now?

Though "Heroes of Tamriel" may be over I am nowhere close to being finished with this universe. Coming soon will be the already confirmed sequel series titled "Children of the Seven". Taking place twenty years after the Battle of Morthal "Children of the Seven" features the children of the seven members of The Heroes of Tamriel. The series will revolve around this new team of heroes as they follow in their parents' footsteps and take on new enemies who threaten their world. I already have an idea in mind for the first story but before I can begin writing and releasing chapters I first have a lot of work to do such as mapping out the entire story and deciding which ideas to use and which ones to do away with. Once I have finished this I will begin writing the story, however I want to try something different this time around in which I completely finish the story before I release a single chapter. By doing this I am not left with the same guilt I usually am whenever I fall behind in my work. This way everything is completed before it is released. Now, because of this plan there will be a long gap between "Heroes of Tamriel" and "Children of the Seven", I'm not sure right now exactly how long it will be before "Children of the Seven" begins but my best estimate is at least two months.

Okay, so what's the plan for those two months before "Children of the Seven"? Will you just be absent from the forums?

The short answer is, no. As a matter of fact, it just so happens that my other series "The Marksman" is well overdue for its next installment. Over a year ago I said that that story is not dead and I wasn't lying. I actually meant it, though I never got around to writing the next chapter I have always intended to go back to that story and now I am. Luckily, I have already done all of the planning and organizing for that story and I already have a layout for each chapter typed up. All I have to do is write the rest of the story and I will once again begin releasing chapters. Given the fact that I want to have every chapter for the first story of "The Marksman" to be completed before I start releasing, it will probably take a month for that story to start back up. During that time I will probably be absent from the forums.

Wouldn't writing "The Marksman" get in the way of you completing the first story of "Children of the Seven"?

Again, that is a no. As I said before, I am still in the development phase of the story and will not begin writing it for a while. Therefore, I will be able to write for "The Marksman" while planning for "Children of the Seven".

Now, while of of that is fun and exciting it's not all you have to look forward to.

Finally after years of keeping this in the dark, I am happy to announce yet another project. This is yet another series I will be writing and it will take place in the same universe as "Heroes of Tamriel" and "Children of the Seven", in fact it will be featuring a very prominent character from "Revenge". Namely, it will be featuring Argon's twin sister, Katja. So what happens to Katja after "Revenge"? What kind of a life does she make for herself in this new world? Does she finally find peace within herself and learn to accept her new life? Well, this new series will seek to answer all of these questions. Though chapters for this series will be released alongside chapters for "Children of the Seven" it will take place three years after the Battle of Morthal rather than twenty years. This story is not just a sudden whim of mine, it is something I have been planning for ever since I first conceptualized the character of Katja a few years ago. I already have a plot decided upon for each story in the series and like "Children of the Seven" I first need to map out the story and write every chapter before it is released. Once I am out of the development phase of "Children of the Seven" I will move into the development phase of this series and I will begin writing chapters once I have completed the chapters for the first story of "Children of the Seven". Releases for this story are likely to begin halfway through the first story of "Children of the Seven".

Well, that is all for this post. Believe it or not, these ideas barely even chip the iceberg of my plans for the "Heroes of Tamriel" universe. Locked up in my brain I have a vault of all my ideas for this universe, such as how it is all going to end, and everything listed here is just setup for what is to happen in the coming years. So I hope you enjoyed the final chapter of "Revenge" and the series finale of "Heroes of Tamriel" and even more I hope you stay tuned in the coming months for new chapters of "The Marksman" and then the release of "Children of the Seven" and well as Katja's new series.

Latest posts