1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Return to Sovngarde

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Brother, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Brother Member

Message Count:
    There really needs to be a Return to Sovngarde questline in an update. Ever since I left that place all I've wanted is to get back. There are so many potential quests up there! A war against Hircine to free all the trapped dead Companion Circle members. A follow-up with Olaf One-Eye. Maybe you'll meet NPCs you knew in life who have now died. Maybe residents of Sovngarde will have unfinished business which they'll want you to take care of for them back in Skyrim. The possibilities are numerous. At the end of the questline you should either die and remain in Sovngarde forever, or remain alive but gain unlimited access to the realm so you can keep doing side quests in both Sovngarde and Skyrim. What do you guys think?
  2. Ebony Knight Lore Sword

Message Count:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. game1524 New Member

Message Count:
    it would be pretty awesome.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tbagalot master forum ninja

Message Count:
    Yeah i must have looked at the sky for like 30 minuets, what happened to all people that alduine trapped?
  5. Dimebag1096 New Member

Message Count:
  6. Michael Gonzalez Member

Message Count:
    This should be possible using a console command.

For example

This moves your player to Lydia
    player.moveto a2c94

So all you have to do is find out the ID of a person in Sovngarde and then port directly to them. When you are done just port back to someone else like one of the Jarls.
  7. PelagiusIV Active Member

Message Count:
    Would be a real good idea. Sadly I'm on the Xbox, so console commands and mods can't help me :sadface: (Planning on buying a computer that can run Skyrim once I get my tax return though, so hopefully I can be blessed with mods in the near future)

I thought for sure that you would be able to return their after the MQ. I was disappointed to find out you were unable to. You're idea's for the quests sound pretty good and interesting to me, maybe each of the NPC's that helped you defeat Alduin will be quest givers, acting as mentors for you?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shadowbane Premium Member

Message Count:
    AGREED! but they need to add more to it other than the hall of heros. like other areas for the alternitive afterlife's. like the void of sithis? the hunting grounds of Hiricine? the realm of nocturnal? the dragonborn sold his soul to all of these and its time to pay up
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nakto Guvano PC user

Message Count:
    I can go back there cuz im on PC, but it needs to have all the afterlifes like that you have to deal with, and chose one some way or another, my guy would get dragged off by the wolf spirit into the Hunting Grounds.
  10. Skullrattla Button Pusher

Message Count:
    When in Sovngarde I went to the bridge, removed all my gear and armor and then jumped off.

HAD TO BE DONE!
    I wish I could have recorded it, one of my finest gaming moments.
    Probably should have finished with that characer there for the ultimate epic ending.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. hibob New Member

Message Count:
    i am on the xbox so no mods i wish there was a way even the call dragon shout wont work is so upseting becuse the people in sovngerde have a secrate to smith dragon bane
  12. Golgo_SPB Active Member

Message Count:
    it would be cool that whenever you die you go to sovngarde and you gotta fight everyone there to be worthy enough to be resurrected back in skyrim
    Skullrattla and Neriad13 like this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. RedVideo His Excellency

Message Count:
    If your character is a Nord, and you die, you will return to Sovngarde.

I managed to steal a roasted Ox leg while I was there, but it shows up in my Misc. Inventory, not my Food Inventory, so I can't eat it.
  14. Olle Member

Message Count:
    There are no quests in sovngarde :sadface:
  15. Skullrattla Button Pusher

Message Count:
    LOL i did the same as that is a unique bit of food in the game, I did my good bit for the team and took it back to Jorvaskr and put it on the fire there... i think it's still roasting.

I was expecting to find some special plants to harvest up there too, for some special potions, but they all seem to be pretty normal.
  16. The Fallen Hero Master Assassin; Hybrid

Message Count:
    Really? How?
  17. Buffington Battle-Born 3 B's, Ho!

Message Count:
    Sounds like it would be cool. It would be awesome if you got to meet the Divines in person, too. Pure. F*cking. Epic. Maybe Talos would send you to get back worship for him.
  18. Buffington Battle-Born 3 B's, Ho!

Message Count:
    My roasted ox head is still roasting at the Skyforge.