1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Quest 'Return To Esbern' - Glitch, but not the common one?

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by a fluffy kitten, May 28, 2012.

1. a fluffy kitten New Member

Message Count:
    I have almost finished the quest involving Esbern and Delphine and I just have in my 'Miscellaneous' Quest list 'Return To Esbern', so I do so. He is sitting in the Sky Heaven Temple, reading a book, but when I go up to him and click, he just says 'Please, Delphine has been very worried about you', and nothing happens. Have I missed something? Please advise me, as I've been trying everything and cant find a way to make it proceed.

Attached Files:

2. BFP53 Member

Message Count:
    I've had that glitch and others for quite awhile now.
  3. Chryss Active Member

Message Count:
    it happened to me and I just went to talk to Delphine. she just wants Paarthonax to die.
  4. a fluffy kitten New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks very much guys! :)

But I'm sure I have already killed Paarthonax (sorry I've left this quest alone for quite a while, so have forgotten), so not sure what I may need to do to get Esbern to get off his backside. Where might I find Delphine? I'm worried I may have killed her if she turned on me for some reason. Thanks.
  5. genton187 New Member

Message Count:
    Where do I find Delphine?
  6. JClarke1953 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Check your finished quest list and see if you may have killed poor old Par.