• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
And indeed it was worth it. Also nice job on bringing out the cruel nature in the Dwemer as they were known to be cruel.

Thank you :) Glad you liked the chapter

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 12: A Tonal Disregard for artiFacts
(let me start off by thanking Cordelia for helping me name this chapter, so thank you!)

"You son of a bitch!" Nerevar struck Argon right in the face.

"You've had this the whole time, and haven't told us!?" Fayen yelled.

"I aughta slice your head off." Garnin said.

"I didn't tell you to protect you!" Argon said, holding his face as he bent down to pick up the dagger.

"And letting Kagrenac attempt at capturing us and enslave us just so he can get the information of that dagger's location out of you, is somehow protecting us?!" Nerevar exclaimed, and he raised his fist again and just as he was about to hit Argon, Kara grabbed his fist.

"Now hold on, he probably has a good reason for not telling us." Kara said in a soothing voice.

Her voiced didn't work.

Nerevar yanked his arm away and turned to her. "Of course YOU would say that." Nerevar said and pushed an accusative finger into her chest.

"If you touch my grandson again, Kagrenac won't be your worry anymore, because when we get out of here you'll have an angry immortal skipping rope with your entrails!" Sheogorath threatened.

"Are you not maddened by this Sheo? He's had this dagger down here the whole time, without telling us where it is. We could use this to take down Kagrenac and be done with this!" Nerevar yelled.

"Why do you care if he told you or not? You clearly weren't looking very hard were ye? It was in a satchel on a shelf, in the place you sleep at night ya dumb plops." Sheogorath defended.

"The reason I didn't tell you," Argon butted in, "was because if Kagrenac had caught you, he would have known you knew, somehow he knew I knew. Then, he would have had more than one source of information, so if one witheld, he could just kill them because there would still have been one more person who knew where Keening was! But with one person he would have kept the others alive so he could use them to get to me. By not telling you I made us immortal!"

"I guess.... I guess that's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard..." Nerevar said.

"But now we do know, so if he catches us he can just kill us." Fayen said.

"It doesn't matter, he knows we have the other two. They're gonna be coming for them soon, we have to be ready for the fight when he comes. After that fight, it doesn't matter if we know or not, one way or another, it's all gonna be over soon." Argon said.

--------
"How goes the prerations for battle?" Kagrenac asked the new head of the guards.

"It goes great m'lord. I have no doubts that this mission will be a success. Will you be joining us on this endeavor?"

"I'm afraid not. Though, I am sure you will be bringing the artifacts back home where they belong, won't you? You know what happens to those who fail me." Kagrenac said, slightly nodding his head towards the end of the platform they were on.

"Y-yes m'lord. I promise, they will return and be safe and sound back in your care." the head of the guards rushed out before Kagrenac decided he was bored and wanted to play his favorite game of push the Dwemer to his death.

--------
"Make sure you are all well rested. Fayen, make sure your quiver is full of arrows. Garnin, make sure your battleaxe is extra sharp. Nerevar, keep your wits up. Sheogorath, keep being crazy. And Kara, stay safe." Argon commanded his team.

"We will defend the artifacts with our life." Nerevar said.

"And if Kagrenac is here, take him down." Argon said.

"Do you hear that?" Garnin asked.

"Hear what?"

"The sound of hundreds of clanking boots." Garnin answered.

"So it begins." Argon said.

-------
"Kill them all. Kagrenac wants them dead. It doesn't matter if Argon knows where Keening is. They stole his artifacts, he wants vengeance." the leader of the guards commanded his armies as they towards the Field Lab.

"There will be heavy losses today, we aren't fighting normal nords. These are the greatest warriors/heroes to ever walk this world. Their group includes, that girl that's been sneaking about and attacking us for the last few months I believe her name is Kara. There is Argon, the Dragonborn. Sheogorath, the madgod/Divine Crusader/Hero of Kvatch. There is Fayen, the Eternal Champion. Garnin, the Hero of Daggerfall. Finally, and this is a name you will all recognize, Indoril Nerevar. I don't think any explanation for him is needed, I'm sure you'll remember him from those many millenia ago."

At the mention of Nerevar's name, and angry chatter was stirred up in the army.

"Nerevar killed some of my friends." one of the Dwemer called out.

"Then you shall be the one to take his life." the leader promised.

The army of about two hundred arrived at the Field Lab out side the doors. The leader of the guard stepped forwards "Heroes of Tamriel, here my call and come out here. If you cooperate, there will be no need for bloodshed." the leader called.

The door slowly creaked open and out stepped Garnin.

"Aye lad, can't a hero get some sleep down here?" Garnin said.

"Where are the rest of your friends?" the leader asked.

"They sent me out here to see what all this ruckus is about, now I've seen it. So if you'll excuse me I got shot last night and I'm still rather tired." Garnin said turning around the walk back in.

The leader grabbed Garnin and pinned him against the doors.

"Fetch your friends, or I will kill you and use your blood to repaint my armor." the guard said spitting in Garnin's face.

Garnin wiped the spittle from his face and looked up towards the Alftand Cathedral and nodded.

Fayen flipped a switch and the giant crossbow there fired its bolts into the back line of the army.

The leader of the guard heard the click and turned around to investigate. Garnin shoved him off of himself and pulled the dagger from his belt and stabbed the leader in the back with it. The leader fell over with a pool of blood forming around him.

In all the confusion the heroes struck. Nerevar grabbed Dwemer from behind and backstabbed them or slit their throats. Sheogorath was using the Sword of the Crusader to deep fry the elves. Kara dropped down from above and just started slashing away, then a few minutes later Argon yelled from above, "Get down!" And the heroes hit the floor. The Dwemer had no idea what was going on so they didn't get down and Argon dropped and Fus Ro Dahed a big group of Dwemer to the floor. Now the elves realized what was going on and they reached for their weapons only to find their guns weren't there, instead there were sweet rolls in their holsters, this threw the Dwemer off a little but they grabbed their swords instead.

"Nice job turning their guns to sweet rolls, Sheo." Argon praised.

"Kagrenac was wrong, I do still have some power down here!" Sheogorath laughed.

The heroes may have had the skill, but the Dwemer had the numbers. In minutes all of the heroes were seperated and surrounded by angry elves on all sides.

Sheogorath didn't have all of his powers and was stuck with just his sword. Fayen was doing his best to hold the Dwemer back by shooting them with his bow, but they managed to get him pinned against the wall. Fayen was doing okay at first even with his back to the wall, but then he heard Kara call for help. A Dwemer had managed to disarm her and grabbed her by the waist and held a dagger to her throat. Fayen looked down one of his arrows and let go. The arrow flew forward and hit the Dwemer in the head and killed him, but in the time Fayen had taken to look over, aim, fire, and look back, the Dwemer had manged to creep up on him and start to overwhelm him. He put his bow on his back and grabbed and arrow and thrust it with his hands into the head of a Dwemer, he grabbed the Dwemer's sword and started using it to defend himself. Nerevar was doing okay, using his shield to block incoming swords and then using his own to counter. He bashed a Dwemer's face and heard a loud CRACK! of the Dwemer's nose, but it didnt hurt for too long because in the next second the Dwemer was dead. Then in his peripheal vision, Nerevar saw a Dwemer come at him from behind, he swung he shield back and it stuck into his head. Nerevar let go of the shield because another Dwemer was coming at him, he stabbed that Dwemer and grabbed another and bashed his head in on the shield that was sticking out of the head of a dead Dwemer. Nerevar put his foot on the corpse with the shield, put his hand on the shield and pulled it while he pushed the corpse down, but the shield was stuck and the Dwemer closed in.

Garnin was cutting Dwemer in half left and right, he would raise his axe, and bring it crashing down on Dwemer. He swung it sideways and cut down a whole line of Dwemer. He'd put a special enchantment on it that Argon had taught him a while back, and it would shoot runes onto the ground. He fired a rune on the ground and grabbed a Dwemer by the collar of his armor and threw him onto it. A big burst of electricity shot up all around and fried not only the Dwemer Garnin had thrown, but all of them around him. The electricity cleared up a big area around Garnin giving him more space to fight. He looked over at Nerevar however, and saw the trouble he was in. Nerevar had been trying to back up, but had tripped over his own shield and fallen backwards. The Dwemer were looming over him and right before on brough his sword down into Nerevar's heart, Garnin used all his strength to rip the top off of his Daedric Battleaxe and throw in through the air. It decapitated all of the Dwemer surrounding Nerevar and Garnin rushed over to help his friend up. Garnin kept carrying the stick from the Battleaxe and used that to help defend himself. The two heroes went back to back killing Dwemer left and right. But the Dwemer got smart, the jumped ontop of Garnin and tackled the brute to the ground. Garnin had to battleaxe to use to get them off him, but he held the stick up using it to try and push the Dwemer off. Nerevar saw his friend go down and decided it was as good a time as any to reutn Garnin's favor. He tried to help up his friend, but he was knocked down also, his sword clattered about five feet away and he couldn't reach it. Garnin grabbed him by the torso, and pulled him under the stick with him, it was the safest place on the ground.

Argon was having more luck than the rest. His blade was amazing and he could tell why Apocapher had favored it. It could shoot fireballs out of it and cause big explosions, using that sword and the thu'um together made Argon nearly unstoppable, that is, until an very angry guard leader came up to him and grabbedf him from behind.

"You think you're the only one who can use healing potions?" the leader hissed in Argon's ear.

"Get... your... hands... off... me..." Argon wheezed.

"I will, after I snap your neck and finish you off permanently." the leader said.

Argon struggled but the leader wouldn't let up and his grip grew tighter. His arms slowly started pulling at Argon's neck, so he was gonna make it as painful as possible before he actually killed him. Argon fought and fought but he couldn't do anything, then a though popped into his head, as much as he regretted having to do it, it was time for a cheap shot. Argon swiftly brought his foot up and hit the guard right in the genitals, the leader's armor flew back from the tough blow of the dragonbone boots and crushed the guard's genitals. The leader threw Argon to the ground and collasped himself. Argon stood and looked at his handiwork completely forgetting where he was and what was going on. It provided the perfect opening for Argon to be, you guessed it, tackled to the ground. After something large and solid hit him on the head of course. Before Argon blacked out, he heard a Dwemer yelling, "Go! I got them! Retreat to the castle!"

--------
When Argon came to, he found he was surrounded by the burnt corpses of Dwemer and random heads rolling around on the floor. All the heroes were laying still and not moving, but they were still breathing. The Dwemer had left them as soon as that one Dwemer called out. Argon went and awoke his friends. Nerevar was walking around and he heard a Dwemer laugh, he was still alive.

"It's funny Indoril." the Dwemer said coughing up blood from the big gash Nerevar had opened in his stomach. "I was promised I could kill you, seems just the opposite happened."

Nerevar somehow recognized the Dwemer although he could remember next to nothing of his past life.

"I remember you, from the battle at the Red Mountain. I killed your friends, in cold blood." sorrow and regret filled Nerevar's voice. "I had the same task as I do now, kill all Dwemer. I didn't need to kill you guys, you weren't attacking me, but... But I did, when you were at your weakest."

"But you didn't kill me, no. I lived on, to hate you and plot my revenge, a revenge that would never come. Now please, end my suffering. Free this soul from its dead body, kill me." the Dwemer requested.

Nerevar nodded. He reached down and grabbed a dagger off the floor and ran it into the Dwemer's head.

"Guys..." Argon said.

"What's up?" Kara asked.

"They took Keening also."

--------
The leader of the guard burst into Kagrenac's room to find him sitting on his bed and reading a book titled The Lusty Argonian Maid and next to him on his nightstand was a Book of the Dragonborn.

The guard leader looked at the book on the nightstand and looked at Kagrenac confused.

"It's my favorite myth, okay?" Kagrenac said.

"Whatever." the leader said.

"You guard leaders aren't taught to knock during guard school are you?" Kagrenac asked.

"I'm sorry m'lord, but I bring of good news from the battle. However, would you like the good news, or the great news?" the leader asked.

"Mmmm... Let's start off with the good news."

"We got the Tonal Artifacts back."

"Wonderful. Now the great news?"

"We got ALL the artifacts back."

"ALL of them? You mean, you...?"

"We got Keening also."

Kagrenac jumped up from his bed, and ran to the leader. He put his hands on his leader's shoulders and looked into his eyes.

"Where are they?" he asked.

The guard leader reached into his pouch and pulled out a big lump of cloth, he unrolled it in his hand and showed it to Kagrenac.

Kagrenac put on both Wraithguard gloves and held Keening and Sunder in his hands. "Take me to the Kalumidium." he demmanded.

--------
"You know what this means, right?" Argon said.

"War. War is coming." Nerevar said.

--------
Kagrenac stood in the middle of the unfinished Kalumidium holding Keening and Sunder in both of his Wraithguard gloves.

"M'lord," the head worker on the Kaludium called, "it's not ready yet, we still need to finish covering the chest and a few patches on the legs and arms."

"Does it turn on?" Kagrenac asked.

"Well yeah it turns on, the Hear of Lorkhan is powering it, but it's unarmored in some---"

"Then it's done. We have no time to waste, the surface world is ours." Kagrenac said and he hit the heart with both of the weapons, but he hit it in a gentle and special way.

The Kalumidium's eyes lit up, and its arms and legs moved forward and broke the bindings holding it in place.

"THE SURFACE WORLD IS OURS!!!!!!" Kagrenac yelled.

ultimatedovahkiin

Okay, so I'm planning on cutting this story a little short, it actually won't really be any shorter but instead of stretching the final battle out between the last three chapters: 13, 14, 15. I will be putting all three of those chapters together for the final chapter. I have a few reasons for doing this as it will cause the story to end sooner and I just wanna be done with this story so I can move on and get the next story started, plus if I leave the final battle in three chapters then each of those three chapters will be REALLY short so there is really no point in delaying the end by three weeks when I can put the short chapters together and have a full length chapter (or a really long one again, but I like long chapters better than short chapters). There will however still be an Epilogue as that is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PART of this story because it is the part that begins The Fallen God story arc and it is the beginning of the end of The Heroes of Tamriel series.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 13: Dwemer Rising

"This is it team, this is the moment that matters most. There is no deoubt in my mind that Kagrenac has activated the Kalumidium, that means something must be done, and if it's not done now, then there is no point in trying, it will already be too late. Get yourselves ready, this fight won't be like any other. Now we will be going up againnst the full army of Blackreach and they are armed to the teeth with their guns and grenades." Argon adressed the team about the upcoming fight.

"So what's the plan? Just go in and hit 'em? Who's gonna bring down the Kalumidium?" Garnin asked.

"Glad you asked Garnin," Argon said, "I am going to try to get get Kagrenac to come out and face us. During that time, Nerevar, you will sneak around and get the Tonal Artifacts off of him. Then, you will meet Sheogorath outside the Tower of Mzark and the two of you will get to the inside of the Kalumidium. Once there you will use the artifacts to shut that beast down. Do your best to dispose of the Heart of Lorkhan and the rest of the Kalumidium. I heard lava works really well at destroying those things. If you can try to control the Kalumidium to the Dwemer Forge you can probably break the ground down there and drown both the Heart and Numidium in the lava behind the forge. The reason Sheogorath is going is because you will need someone to teleport you out of there when you get the thing to the lava, be sure to restore his powers when you attempt to control the heart."

"And what about the rest of us?" Fayen asked.

"Garnin, Kara, and Fayen. You three will join me in the battle at the castle. I have a feeling Kagrenac will retreat up to his throne to observe the battle, if that happens then I will have to fight through the battlefield to get to the tower and go up to his throne, that'll leave the three of you by yourselves down there. Do your best to stay together, we all work better as a team and that's probably why the Dwemer beat us when they came here, we were all seperated. Are we clear on the battle plans?"

"Yes sir!" called everyone.

--------
Five of the heroes walked to the back entrance of the castle in the middle of blackreach, Sheogorath had already taken off and traveled to the Tower of Mzark to await Nerevar.

As they approached the castle entrance, the two Dwemer guards recognized them and immediatley ran up to them guns raised.

"HALT! You're under arrest for the murder of many many Dwemer and the interfering with the plans of Lord Kagrenac! You will be arrested, detained, and executed." one of the guards commanded.

"Aa great as that sounds, I'm gonna have to take a rain check." Argon said.

Fayen drew out his bow and fired two arrows, each one piercing the chest of one of the guards. Argon bent down and picked up a gun from one of the bodies. He then led the heroes into the middle of the castle where he raised the gun into the air and fired it a few times. The Dwemer heard the gun shots and rushed to surround the heroes.

"LORD KAGRENAC!" Argon yelled, "COME OUT OF YOUR HIDING PLACE AND FACE US!"

"What is the meaning of this nonsen-- Oh... So, you finally decided to turn yourselves in, huh? Too scared of the power of the Kalumidium? Very well, right this way and we will have you all fitted for prison wear. Argon, I don't think we need to re-measure you, unless you have grown since a few days ago." Kagrenac said when he finally pushed through the crowd of Dwemer surrounding the heroes.

"See Kagrenac, I would hat you less if you weren't so damn cocky. I can't stand it when people are like that. Humans and elves alike." Argon said.

"Well, you won't have to deal with it much longer, I just picked out a date for your execution and it's tomorrow. Unless you want to be stupid and speed the date up to now by trying to stop me from unleashing my beast upon the world." Kagrenac answered.

Argon look behind Kagrenac and saw that the ground behind him seemed to be shifting and a little wavy. It took him a moment but Argon finally realized that it was an invisible Nerevar picking Kagrenac's pocket. How he managed to turn invisible without the head Dwemer noticing him, Argon would never know.

"I don't know, both of those sound great... But I REALLY hate waiting" Argon said.

"So do I, and you made me wait a VERY long time to get Keening." Kagrenac said.

"Hey, if you were half as smart as history makes the Dwemer out to be, then you would have realized a LOOOONG time ago that Keening was down here the whole time, almost literally under your nose." Argon said.

"Don't make this out to be my fault." Kagrenac said.

"But it is." Argon said, then he felt a slight tug on his hand, and he quickly glanced at the ground to see a wavy figure move away from him and Argon glance back behind Kagrenac and Nerevar was gone. That had to be his way of telling him he had the artifacts.

"What, have you never seen stone before Argon?" Kagrenac asked noticing Argon's consistent glancing.

"No, sorry, thought I saw a bug. I hate bugs." Argon said. "Anyways, we came here for a reason and it wasn't to turn ourselves in, we have come to give you one last chance to lay down your arms and surrender to us or we will be forced to kill all of you."

"That's a nice offer, but I like execution and supremacy more." Kagrenac turned to walk away but called back, "Kill them all, leave no survivors."

--------
Kagrenac went up to his throne and went the lift finally landed up there he commanded one of his servants to grab his amor for him. He reached behind him to grab his artifacts which he planned to use as weapons in this fight. He knew that at least Argon would be able to make it up to him, he was the Dragonborn, the most powerful hero ever, he wouldn't be stopped by a few elves. When he grabbed for the artifacts however, he missed and ended up grabbing his hand by mistake, he grabbed again and again but kept missing. Kagrenac turned his head around and saw that the artifacts were indeed missing.
"DAMN IT!!!" he yelled it rage and then called after his servant, "Bring me my sword too!"

Then Kagrenac realized where his artifacts had gone and what Argon had been looking at. Argon had tricked him, stalled him while one of his men took the artifacts. Then, he realized why they had been taken, Argon planned to bring down the Kalumidium! Kagrenac grabbed one of the two guards guarding the throne. He pulled up close to his face.

"Tell the Captain that I want one hundred men to go to the Kalumidium, now! If they fail in apprehending the heroes at it then I will kill every last one of them myself. Now go, and do it quickly lest you want to join your old captain down there on the floor." he pushed the guard away and went to look over the ledge at the fight below.

--------
Nerevar saw Sheogorath standing outside the tower, he grabbed him by the arm and rushed him inside.

"Do you have the artifacts?" Sheogorath asked.

"If I didn't, then I wouldn't be here." Nerevar hissed.

The burst through the doors to the Kalumidium and all the workers instantly noticed them. They ran across the wooden bridge and over to the heart. Nerevar pulled out the weapons and was about to try using them when one of the workers tackled Nerevar. The weapons clattered out of his hands and the head worker grabbed them and quickly activated the heart, sending the Kalumidium the signal to attack.

Sheogorath saw that Nerevar was in trouble and he pulled out his Sword of the Crusader, he was wearing the full Crusader armor, and ran it through the worker pinning Nerevar. He then killed the other worker that had activated the Kalumidium, and helped Nerevar up. He handed him Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard, and Nerevar put both Wraithguards on and held the dagger and hammer.

"We got company!" Sheogorath called when he saw the army of guards coming to the Kalumidium.

"That's not the only problem, this thing's live!" Nerevar called back.

All of the guards rushed into the chest and almost filled it up, when the last elf was on, the Kalumidium raised his hand and punched a large hole in the ceiling, revealing the bright daytime light in the snowy tundra of Skyrim. The Kalumidium climbed out of the hole as all of its passengers braced themselves. As soon as it was out, everyone except the robot, were briefly blinded by the bright light after being down in a dark cave for so long.

"Ah gods, I never noticed how bright that sun was!" Sheogorath exclaimed.

"I haven't seen the sun in many, many years...." said one of the guards in awe.

"Now would be a very good time to use those tools Nerevar!" Sheogorath told him.

Nerevar squinted his eyes and ran towards the heart, right before he managed to hit it though, the captain of the guards picked up Nerevar and threw him into a group of guards who had regained their sight.

Nerevar staggered about trying to figure out where he was going, but his eyes hadn't adjusted as fast as the elves' had. The Dwarves started pushing him around as if he was some thing none of them wanted. Nerevar clutched the artifacts ever so tightly squinted his eyes, the next time he was pushed, he tackled the Dwemer he'd been pushed into to the ground and bashed his head in with Sunder, he then instantly stood up, grabbed one by the shoulder and stabbed Keening into his back, as the Dwemer tried to regain theri wits, Nerevar swung Keening in a diagonal motion and slit the throat of a Dwemer, then he spun around and faced another Dwemer, he grabbed that one by the shoulder also and using Sunder, bashed his head in.

"You're almost making this too easy!" Nerevar said.

One of the Dwemer, angered by this remark, pulled out his gun and spun Nerevar around so his back was facing to his front. He grabbed Nerevar by the neck and brought the back of his head up to his face. He pushed the barrel of the gun into Nerevar's head and hissed into his ear, "I've had enough of your plops Indoril, you may be a hero to one race of elves, but to the Dwemer you are an enemy and a nuiscance, and I will finally put you down."

--------
The battle in the castle was raging, Argon had already taken off across the battlefield to go face Kagrenac at his throne. Kara was left alone with Garnin and Fayen. Fayen was good at taking out enemies far away, and Garnin was pretty good with getting upclose and personal, Kara was pretty good and that personal stuff also, but clearly not as good as the Hero of Daggerfall. She swung her blade diagonally up and over to the right, effectively taking out two Dwemer. It really wasn't the safest idea getting right up to the Dwemer, especially since they had guns, but she didn't have a bow and was no wizard when it came to magic. Maybe one day she would be able to get Argon to train her.

"How's it going you guys?" Fayen called back.

"I'm holding out!" Garnin replied.

"Everything's fine up here, thank you. How are you?" Kara answered.

"I'm holding up pretty well." Fayen said.

"There's gotta be an easier way to do this!" Kara called.

"I wouldn't count on it princess." said a Dwemer right as he snuck up to her and grabbed her, grinding his gun into her back.

Fayen heard the Dwemer and he turned around to see Kara looking right at him. He put an arrow on the string, pulled back, and fired it right into the head of the Dwemer. His corpse let go of Kara and fell to the ground, a relieved Kara bent over to take a breath and she held up a hand as a way of thankign Fayen and telling him she was okay.

Fayen, content that Kara was okay, turned around to keep shooting arrows, only to find a Dwemer with a rifle right in front of him. The big burly Dwemer grabbed Fayen by the neck and held him up. The Dwemer's rippling muscles shook and tightened as his fingers slowly pushed into Fayen's neck in an attempt to meet the otgher side of his hand. Fayen started gasping for air and he put his hands up on the Dwemer's fist and tried pulling his hadn apart. Fayen's face was starting to turned several shades of blue and his head started to go light, in a moment his throat would be crushed and he'd be dead. His eyelids started drooping in front of his eyes, Fayen fought against them doing all he could to keep them up. But he was fighting a losing battle, his eyelids closed and the world went black.

A moment later, Fayen a nearly unconcious Fayen hit the floor and landed on his bum. He felt the hand ripped off of his throat and he took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Above him he saw Garnin holding an arm that was dripping blood from the end. Garnin dropped the arm next to Fayen and turned to the big Dwemer who was holding the shoulder that was now missing an arm. The Dwemer looked up with fear in his eyes and reached with his good arm for his rifle which was slung behind his back, but time was not on his side and the axe hit his neck.

The head slid off the body and rolled ont he floor, the body dropped to its knees and then fell forward almost on Fayen. Garnin put his axe back on his back and reached down to help Fayen up; he picked up Fayen's bow, dusted it off, and handed it to him. Fayen reach out and clasped Garnin by the wrist, Garnin did the same to Fayen.

"Thanks man." Fayen said, giving Garnin's wrist a firm shake.

"No problem lad." said Garnin in his thick nordic accent.

"It's great you just saved his life and all, but can we regroup now?" Kara called out to the guys.

The guys ran over to her and they all stood Garnin and Fayen stood back-to-back, and Kara stood in between them, back-to-side so they formed a triangle.

"Guys," Fayen said, "I'm out of arrows."

"And my sword broke when that Dwemer grabbed me." Kara said, and she held up the jagged end of a broken blade.

"Well, Fayen you're gonna have to make do just hitting them with your bow, and Kara you're gonna have to just use your jagged end of the blade." Garnin commanded.

"Well..." Kara said, "this is gonna be interesting."

--------
Sheogorath looked over and saw his buddy in trouble. He swung his hand out and shot a fireball at the Dwemer holding Nerevar. It was a small fireball so it didn't do much more than leave a nasty burn, but Nerevar took the short moment in which the Dwemer staggered to stab him in the thigh with Keening and break free. He then pulled out the dagger and ran in into the Dwemer's head.

"Thanks!" Nerevar yelled to the Daedric Lord.

Nerevar then ran over to the heart, and as a way of thanking Sheogorath, hit the heart and severed its powers over any divinities. Thus, restoring Sheogorath's powers to him.

Sheogorath felt his powers surge back into him and without even thinking, he yelled to Nerevar, "GET DOWN!"

Nerevar hit the floor as Sheogorath used a spell that had been very, very effective in the past. The Lightning flew out from Sheogorath's fingers and zapped a Dwemer, it went around the whole Kalumidium, zapping anything that was standing except Sheogorath. It fried every Dwemer and even hit the Heart of Lorkhan. The whole Kalumidium shuddered, but the heart seemed to like it. Nerevar stood up and only had one thing to say, "Finger of the Mountain?"

Sheogorath nodded.

"Nice." Nerevar said as he looked around at all the dead Dwemer. "I guess that Dark Elves will always win in a battle against Dwemer."

"But you're a Nord now." Sheogorath said.

"Yeah, but I used to be a Chimer and they became the Dunmer, so technically I'm both." Nerevar said.

"I don't think there is anything technical about it, you were a Chimer one life, and the next you're a nord." Sheogorath said.

"Whatever."

"Oh just so you know, remember when I told Argon I was with Azura?" Sheogorath asked.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I was just messing with him." Sheogorath laughed.

"I don't see the humor in that, but clearly you do....." Nerevar said.

"I guess we'd better run this thing into the lava, huh?" Sheogorath said.

Nerevar suddenly remembered that his work wasn't done and he approached the Heart.

"Step. Away." said the Captain of the Dwemer guard as he stepped out from behind the Heart holding a gun in his hand.

He pushed the gun into Nerevar's head right above his nose. Nerevar looked over at Sheogorath with his eyes and used them to try to signal to him to fireball this guy. Sheogorath noticed what he was doing and he shot another fireball, it burned through the air but right before it hit the Captain he held up a ward and the fireball hit it and exploded.

"You just did that, do you really think I wasn't gonna see it coming again?" the Captain said and he kept holding up the ward. "Now back away elf." The Captain pushed the gun forwards to show Nerevar he was talking to him.

Nerevar looked right at the face of the Captain, he must have just dodged the lightning as there was a big scorch mark going across the side of his cheek, and his hair was a mess. There was a cut above his eye and a small bit of blood was dripping from it, he must have hit his head when he dodged the lightning.

"I said, move back." the Captain said, pushing the gun into Nerevar's head once again.

Nerevar took two steps back.

"More."

Two more steps.

"More."

Two more.

"Keep going."

By now, Nerevar was at the edge of the Kalumidium, just like he wanted to be, and just like the Captain wanted him to be. Nerevar shot his hand forward and grabbed the gun, he turned it to the side and stepped out of the way. The Captain fired three shots that missed Nerevar and flew out into the open air. Nerevar held tight to the gun and kicked the guard in the back bend of his leg, forcing him down. Nerevar held him arm up and twisted it.

"Sheo!" he called, "Come take this guy!"

Sheogorath ran over and grabbed the Captain's arm and kept the twist going. The Captain's head was hangning out above the ground and he had dropped the gun.

"You may bring this thing down, but Argon will never defeat Lord Kagrenac." the Captain said.

"Unlike you, I have faith in my grandson." Sheogorath told him.

Nerevar hit the the Heart with the artifacts and somehow instinvtively knew how to control it to make the Kalumidium move. He kept it going until the were at the forge. Then he made it stomp a giant hole in the ground and revealed the forge. He kept it going until the Kalumidium was knee deep in the lava and it was quickly sinking, in the process the Dwemer Forge was destroyed. The lava was burning the Kalumidium and causing it to fall apart. Sheogorath teleported himself and Nerevar off the machine and far enough away that they could watch the destruction, but wouldn't be hit by falling debris.

"Well that's that." Nerevar said.

--------
(back to the middle of the fight)

Argon walked through the doors of the Hall of Rumination and was surprised to see the whole place was, empty. He was able to just casually stroll through, stand on the lift, pull the lever, and go on up.

"Lord Kagrenac, someone is coming." said the only remaining guard up there.

"I hear, it's probably Argon. Thank you for the armor and sword, but I cannot allow you to be a part of this battle. It is not your fight." Kagrenac said.

"What do you mean by that?" the guard asked.

Kagrenac stood up from his throne an grabbed the guard by the collar of his armor. He dragged him to the edge of the platform and threw him over.

At the same time as the THUD! from the guard, there was a click at the lift and Argon with his sword raised, stepped off the lift. Argon was disappointed to see that there weren't any guards up here either, however, there was one asshole he could take down.

"So, you finally arrived. I guess it's better late than never." Kagrenac said.

"No guards? See, it's this kind of arrogance I'm talking about." Argon said.

"I had another guard, but he would have just gotten in the way." Kagrenac said.

"So, did you send him on break or something?" Argon asked.

"No, I killed him."

"You're a fluffed up little dude, you know that?" Argon asked.

"Yes, but I am about to get away with taking over the world." Kagrenac said.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"And why's that?"

"Because I'm going to bring you down." Argon informed him.

"Really? Is that so? Well then, I guess I should just put down my weapon and--" Kagrenac stopped his sentence and threw a dagger at Argon.

Argon caught the dagger in his hands and tossed it over the edge.

"You shouldn't have done that." Argon said.

Argon rushed towards Kagrenac and Kagrenac raised his sword. Argon swng and the swords collided. They pulled away and then swung again. Argon tried swinging upwards diagonally from his leg, but Kagrenac jumped back and stabbed his sword forward. Kagrenac sweeped the ground with his sword and Argon jumped up and landed on the sword, breaking it in half. Kagrenac angrily threw his sword over the balcony and charged at Argon. Argon sidestepped out of the way and Kagrenac rushed by. He pulled out a scroll from his belt pouch and read it, as he read it he threw his hand forward and Argon's sword flew out of his hand and clattered to the floor.

"Not this again...." Argon said.

He and Kagrenac ran at eachother and grabbed each other's shoulders, each of them trying to push the other over the edge.

"Let, go!" Kagrenac yelled.

"Never, Tamriel is my home and innocent peopel live on it. I will not allow you to kill or enslave them all, this ends now Kagrenac, right where it all started. Down it Blackreach!" Argon yelled.

Argon pushed and turned himself in the direction of the throne, forcing Kagrenac to move closer to the edge. Kagrenac's right foot hit a bad spot in the balcony and he a small part gave out underneath his foot and he fell. As he fell he grabbed Argon's hand and caused Argon to fall to the floor. Kagrenac was dangling over the edge causing Argon to slowly slide over the edge. Argon opened his hand to let Kagrenac fall, but Kagrenac held on with an iron grip. He began to try climbing Argon's hand.

"I will not die here. Not this way. Not by your hand." Kagrenac said.

"It's over Kagrenac. Let it go." Argon said, struggling to stay up.

"Never!! The Dwemer will take their rightful place as the rulers of Tamriel! I will not give up!" Kagrenac yelled.

"Then I'm sorry." Argon told him, and he let his hand slid out of his gauntlet.

Kagrenac hand't made it managed to make it past the elbow, and so he fell, the same way he'd killed two others of his own men, was the same way he would die.

Kagrenac fell belly up and he looked into the eyes of Argon through Argon's mask, and he saw the sorrow and regret Argon had. Kagrenac wasn't sorry, he'd tried to save his people, the make them the rightful rulers of the world, and though he had failed, he was dying in the most honorable way possible. In battle.

ultimatedovahkiin

Epilogue:
Argon picked up his sword and descended down the lift. As he walked out of the Hall of Rumination, he passed Kagrenac's body and he picked up his gauntlet and put it back on, he tried not to think fot he irony in how Kagrenac said he wouldn't die by Argon's hand, and he had literally died by Argon's hand.

All the Dwemer had heard the thud of Kagrenac's body and they looked over to see their leader, laying dead on the floor. Now all of them were cringing on the ground fearing the power of the Dovahkiin. Argon regroupped with his friends, along with Sheogorath and Nerevar who had teleported back down there, and he looked at them. They knew what they had to do, they had been tasked with wiping out ALL of the Dwemer. It would be a massacre. As Argon looked out among the army that was now fearing him he had a revelation.

They had only been following the orders of Kagrenac. Maybe they weren't a danger. Maybe they could actually live peacefully with the Empire. Make Blackreach a province, allow the Dwemer to live in not only their cities, but other cities. It was a long shot, but it was a possibility.

Argon told this to his friends and at first they thought he was insane to think that, but Argon explained it in such a way that it actually sounded like a good idea. Put limits on what the Dwemer are allowed to build, have them listen to the rule of the Empire, and anyone who wasn't willing to live peacefully and posed a threat to the Empire, (only the really dangerous ones) would be arrested. It was either that, or the heroes would have to kill them all. And they really didn't want to do that.

Argon presented his idea to the Dwemer, and believe it or not, they all agreed. Maybe it was just fear for their lives, but maybe they really did want to just have peaceful lives and not be brainwashed by a tyrant ruler anymroe.

The heroes took one of the lifts out of Blackreach and Argon called Odahviing to have him fly them back to the Imperial City.

--------
As the heroes were flying back to the Emperor, Argon was thinking about the Dwemer and how relieved he was to not have to kill them. Then he began to wonder why it was that the Divines had made such a request. It was an odd request, nothing like the Divines Argon had come to know over the years. As he sat there thinking, he suddenly realized how unlike them it was. They'd spent a majority of history trying to protect ALL races, even if they had originally not wanted them, so why is it that suddenly they want to prevent one from returning. Surely the Dwemer posed no threat to them, and if they had then they would have told the heroes that. Something had to be wrong, something big.

"Odahviing stop!" Argon commanded his dragon.

Odahviing came to a sudden stop in mid air.

"Argon, what the heck?" asked Nerevar.

"We have to change course. Somethings wrong." Argon said.

Argon explained to them his hypothesis and his reasoning behind the Divines strange request. The heroes agreed it did sound suspicious, but was probably nothing to worry about. Argon wasn't convinced.

"Odahviing, I need you to fly us to the Portal to Sovngarde." Argon said.

Odahviing turned around and headed int eh direction of the portal.

--------
Odahviing landed in front of the portal and the heroes dismounted. Laying in front of the portal was an ancient curiass between two skeletons of dragons.

"Did you do this?" Nerevar asked Argon.

"Ha, yeah. But it was ages ago." Argon said.

In front of the portal in the ground was a small hole and in front of it was a Dragonpriest staff.

"Right where I left it. Surprised the wind didn't blow it away." Argon said.

Argon picked up the staff and stabbed it into the hole in the ground. The portal sprung to life, and in front of the heroes was a large blue and white beam.

"If we're not back in ten minutes, come get us." Argon told Odahviing.

The heroes stepped into the portal and were teleported to Sovngarde.

--------
The heroes were standing on top of a pathway and they walked down it. They traveled the path until they reached the middle of Sovngarde where they found a wounded Tsun laying on the ground.

"Tsun, what happened here?" Argon asked him.

"I-I don't know what it was. It happened a few hours ago, something, someone, it attacked. Not just me, the Hall of Valor too, and the Divines. I don't know what happened to them, everything went quiet up there a while ago. I'll-I'll send you up there if you'd like..." Tsun said.

"No, don't strain yourself, you're hurt. Sheogorath will take us up there. Right?" Argon asked.

"Yeah lad, let me handle it." Sheogorath said.

The Madgod sent the six heroes, Kara is part of the team now, up to the Heavens of Sovngarde.

They were in a large dimly lit room, there were four corners to it and in each corner was a big burning fire in a basin ontop of a stone pedestal. At one end of the room there were nine thrones, each with the symbol of one of the Divines on it. The biggest one was in the middle, and it bore the symbol of Akatosh. In front of the thrones was a big glass circle that looked out upon Sovngarde, but it could probably be changed to watch all parts of the world.

Sitting in the Throne of Akatosh was a man. He had blonde hair, and was wearing Imperial Dragon Armor with the symbol of the Empire in the middle like all the Champions of Cyrodiil recieved. The man snapped his fingers and bright lights appeared around the wrists and ankles of evey hero. The lights forced each of the heroes limbs to move apart so each person seemed to form a giant X. The man stepped off the throne and let out an evil laugh.

"Hello heroes." Talos said, "You seem to have fallen into my trap."

ultimatedovahkiin

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts