1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Resetting the game with your current character.

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Muncywolverine, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Muncywolverine Member

Message Count:
    Hi guys,

I beat the game but i want to replay it. I blew through a lot of the big quests, and i feel like i missed a lot. Problem is i don't want to start a new character. Is there a way, mod or otherwise, to reset the game? or to transfer your character to a new game?

Thx for any responces.
  2. tigersauce Caravan Guard

Message Count:
    I don't know what you mean by transferring your character, because I'm assuming that your character is a high level with lots of skill, and copying that exactly into a fresh game would be pretty lopsided. Do you mean start again with the same appearance/race/name?
  3. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    He's talking about a replay option like the Mass Effect games offer. You can take your end character build and start from the beginning with it in games like that.

The answer is no, there is no replay option for Skyrim. You could try to recreate the build with console commands if you are playing the PC version, but it's highly probable that doing that will trigger all sorts of undesired glitches later in the game.
  4. plopster Awesome dude

Message Count:
    If you're on console and dont want to start from scratch easiest way is to glitch skills and stuff rom that start and go from there