Reputation, how does it work?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Unlike “likes” (of which the purpose should be pretty obvious) I am not quite sure how reputation is supposed to work. Could you elucidate on what they are intended for, Renegader?

Mikk

Article Writer
Reputation points are awarded by other members for being friendly, funny, helpful, generally awesome, etc.

They basically just show new members that you're a friendly, trustworthy fellow, and all others that you're well liked in the forum's community. You can award reputation points just as they can be awarded to you.

If a member behaves distastefully, dishonestly or is just... kind of a dick, you can doll out negative reputation points by way of warning other members and permanently branding them with your disapproval. Abuse regarding reputation points will lead to warnings and ban-hammering.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Then what is the difference between giving out likes and giving out positive reputation?

Mikk

Article Writer
Likes show a member that you enjoyed and approve of the content of their particular post, without actually replying. You're branding their comment with a "Thumbs up" so they feel appreciated.

Reputation is like branding an entire person with a "Thumbs up", and serves more to show other members how trustworthy, helpful and/or awesome the person is.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Ah, all right, thank you for the clarification, Mikk.

What is that negative reputation you were talking about though? I don’t see it anywhere.

Mikk

Article Writer
Huh... I guess Ren didn't add negative rep to this forum. Sorry, I'm used to the other forum I visit with both positive and negative rep xD

It doesn't matter though. Most of the time if there was somebody deserving of negative rep, he didn't last long.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Reputation is more than a like. You can 'like' a post that's useful, but something that takes the step even further could deserve reputation.

Mikk explained it pretty well, though. I think his post deserves reputation. :p

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I liked how Fallout:NV tackled the reputation mechanic. Each factions had their own opinions about you. If you do horrible things to them, obviously they'll attack you on sight. If you do quests and are generally helpful, they'll like you. But don't think being nice after doing bad things will have the community completely forget about your previous action... You can accumulate bad reputation and good reputation at the same time. Do only good things, you'll be idolized. Do only bad things, you'll be vilified. Do a mix of both, you'll be considered unpredictable. Do more good than bad, you'll be a dark hero. Do more bad than good, you'll be called soft-hearted devil.

Lol, this is about the forum's reputation system. >.>

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
In a few years you’ll be able to laugh about it as well xD

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
i suppose :/ It's just that I look at all the post through 'what's new?' so this was sandwiched in between all the skyrim discussions. >.>

I guess I can take this time and make a mini suggestion about separating posts in terms of their subforum on 'What's New?'

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
i suppose :/ It's just that I look at all the post through 'what's new?' so this was sandwiched in between all the skyrim discussions. >.>

I guess I can take this time and make a mini suggestion about separating posts in terms of their subforum on 'What's New?'

If you click on the thread it tells you where it is located, but I know what you mean.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts