• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
This has come up a few times recently so I wanted to address a few things.

Please don't be shy about using the report link on a post. Mods and Admins just have an extra "Alert" that will pop up and all reports go into a queue. Any Global Mod or Admin can deal with your reports. We also have topic-specific mods for some sections such as the RP section and those folks can deal with posts within their scope.

When you report a post, no automatic discipline is given to anyone. We look at every report individually and decide how to act on it in each case. A vast majority of our reports are simply to point out that something is in the wrong section and we are more than happy to move the post and let the poster know what has happened. A vast majority of our reports concern new members who are unsure where to post something.

If the post is reported because it is actually inappropriate content, we read it (and usually the entire thread in which it resides) to figure out the context of the content. For flagrant things and for spamming, we will delete the posts and often look at the member's other posts to see if there's a trend. Spam receives no quarter here. We delete all the posts and ban the spammer. For general unsociable behavior, we often delete the post and contact the poster to attempt a fruitful dialogue about the type of content we expect here. If the member continues to insult, berate or harass people, we issue warning points. When the points accumulate to a certain level, it prevents them from posting for a certain amount of time. Continual abuse leads to banning completely.

The person who reports the post can be assured that we do not reveal your identity. We take your trust in us very seriously and we will never compromise your information. You do not need to worry about us telling everyone in the shoutbox about your report, for example.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how this all works, I encourage you to reply here or use the Conversation feature to ask us about it. We're more than happy to answer any concerns you might have.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to add that Renegader has been kind enough to alter the ability to add people to conversations. You should now be able to add he and I to any conversation. This was put in place for those rare inappropriate PMs we hear about but the sender has unchecked the inviting of other members. If you have any problems with inappropriate PMs, please add us to the conversation and use the 'report' link to alert us as soon as possible so we can address it for you.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I really appreciate your attitude as a moderator and I really like this forum software. I have a tendency to troll people who appear to be jerks, but I just use the Ignore function to rid myself of their presence, so I don't have to deal with the temptation. :)

The feeling I get when switching tabs between this forum and the Nexus is really remarkable . . . It's like a functioning social centre compared to a concentration camp.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I really appreciate your attitude as a moderator and I really like this forum software. I have a tendency to troll people who appear to be jerks, but I just use the Igonre function to rid myself of their presence, so I don't have to deal with the temptation. :)

The feeling I get when switching tabs between this forum and the Nexus is really remarkable . . . It's like a functioning social centre compared to a concentration camp.

Perhaps you can even go even further and call it an extermination camp, taking into consideration of all the banning that goes on there!

And Gehenna, agreed. We wouldn't be the same without Rayven. :)

Arceus

i just hate the people who try to report EVERYTHING *clicks report on all posts on page (lol)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts