Xbox 360 Repetitive Crashes!!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So yeah!! I'm so annoyed right now!

Ever since I got the Dragonborn DLC for the xbox 360 I had massive crashes like hard crashes! It was only a week after playing the dragonborn dlc that I eventually got them but never in my experience of playing skyrim have I ever had this problem! Until now.

Is there anyway to report this to Bethesda game studios or something like for them to fix??
Its incredibly intense and each time I go to play skyrim, like 5 minutes into the game it just crashes no matter where i am in the game Outside, indoors, Solstheim, Skyrim, anywhere basically i can't escape the crashing.

Solutions or suggestions would be much appretiated

And yes I have the game installed onto my console.

Tryn

Premium Member
I'd be suspicious of your hard drive or game disc. Since it worked ok before the Dragonborn DLC my vote would be the hard drive. I'd probably begin by redownloading/installing the DLC.

JClarke1953

You CAN call them, they are listed and they are pretty good at helping and listening. I was told they read these Forum's and know our frustration's are building more and more.

KattSand

Premium Member
So yeah!! I'm so annoyed right now!

Ever since I got the Dragonborn DLC for the xbox 360 I had massive crashes like hard crashes! It was only a week after playing the dragonborn dlc that I eventually got them but never in my experience of playing skyrim have I ever had this problem! Until now.

Is there anyway to report this to Bethesda game studios or something like for them to fix??
Its incredibly intense and each time I go to play skyrim, like 5 minutes into the game it just crashes no matter where i am in the game Outside, indoors, Solstheim, Skyrim, anywhere basically i can't escape the crashing.

Solutions or suggestions would be much appretiated

And yes I have the game installed onto my console.
I had the same problem when just started playing the dragonborn dlc, the only thing I could think of was clearing my xbox cache, and then I deleted any save files in skyrim that I no longer use and the freezing has become a lot less frequent since that, and I mean by a lot! At first I couldn't even play for 30 min without the game freezing, but after a bit of cleaning, I must have played about 25 hours this weekend and with only one crash, and that was after a 9 hours session.

There are no guarantees that this will work for everyone, I'm just sharing my experiences, because it seems that every time skyrim starts getting laggy and starts crashing for me, it has something to do with my save files.

I don't know if it's because it gets to cluttered or whatever, kind of like (prior to it being patched) when you picked a nirnroot but the effects with the light wouldn't clean up so they just kept stacking until the game got laggy because of it.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I'm on Xbox and have the same problem. I get massive crashes often too; yesterday I got two in a row and then one later on, after that I just gave up for the night. I have had Dragonborn for a few days, and before that I rarely crashed except when there was something on the disk. Now I crash all the time for no reason.

JClarke1953

So far I've been lucky I guess. The worst that's happened is a "stall" here or there, mostly when I fast-travel and on occasion when there's a lot of visual's going on. Especially near Markarth when I go to the area near the city after the Forsworn. The screen will stutter, maybe stall, and I'll have to quit pushing button's to wait and see if it stops.

I try to keep my cache clear, and also reduce the amount of saves. I save a lot during a dungeon so if I get nailed, I don't get sent all the way the hell back. So when I know I'm about to get in a fight, I save. Then after my follower and I finally get out, and I know everything is done, I get rid of the saves.

Thanks guys! I will try clearing a few things on my xbox but I dont think I could redownload dragonborn, its pretty big file compared to my internet usage (18gb)
And how do you clear the cache? What exactly does that do?

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Thanks guys! I will try clearing a few things on my xbox but I dont think I could redownload dragonborn, its pretty big file compared to my internet usage (18gb)
And how do you clear the cache? What exactly does that do?

It's basically old pieces of game data stored in memory then stored in the cache. It uses it as a bridge and as an algorithmic reference for faster data execution. Over time these temporary files build up consuming space on your Xbox 360. Just like a PC.

Okay so I cleared the cache and its stopped the hard crashing but its still causing a lot of lag in the game like i can hardly play it for some reason! mmm... how can i explain it? ... Example: it feels like minecraft when a world is trying to load the chunks (it just freezes for like a split second every 5-10 seconds)

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Okay so I cleared the cache and its stopped the hard crashing but its still causing a lot of lag in the game like i can hardly play it for some reason! mmm... how can i explain it? ... Example: it feels like minecraft when a world is trying to load the chunks (it just freezes for like a split second every 5-10 seconds)

The lag from Dragonborn is experienced by lots of people.

Install it on your hard drive, or if it is already, back up your saves and profile data and reinstall it. This just refreshes the data on the machine to execute better.

Also go through a general update on Xbox live.

shiko

I can't even play because at almost every loading screen it crashes. I've deleted all previous saves, cleared cache and deleted/re installed Dragonborn and nothing. My game has also been buggy ever since I downloaded it too.

JClarke1953

Man-o-man! I am so seriously considering NOT getting the new DLC! Skyrim with Dawnguard and Hearthfire is buggy enough! But what with all I've read about the new download? I kind of doubt I'm going to get it, and just happily play with what I have.

If Bethesda cares that little about what they put out, this Old N00b isn't buying from them anymore. At least until they get their act together.

Also, seems to me they should have left Steam out! I remember how other game play reacted on PC game's when Steam was brought in. Messed up the game, serious lag, skip's and you name it!

Okay, so here's whats happened. So clearing the cache definitely helped stopped the lag and its running smoothly BUT! the crashing is still present! Like for example in Vahlok's Tomb, whenever i enter a certain room it always crashes but i'm a little suspicious about when i enter that room, because when i try to replay that tomb and hoping that it wouldn't crash i always level up on my destruction because i use destruction. SO here's what im going to do! I'm going to sell skyrim on my xbox, SAVE the gamesave on my usb and buy skyrim for the pc and transfer that on my computer anyways dragonborn isn't far away for the pc.

Hoping they will somewhat fix this before i end up spending hundreds on better equipement on my pc for me to just play skyrim.... jesus hahah

JClarke1953

I doubt Bethesda will do squat. It "appears" to me they are more focused on getting a shoddy product out a.s.a.p without doing due diligence on potential problems. So, if that is what is going on, and like I said, it does seem so, they are more interested in getting our $$$ than acquiring and keeping satisfied customer's.

I kind of doubt you'll have better luck with a PC, unless you build it yourself, and put more than 1 or 2 CPU's in it, as well as having a high end graphics card. The advantage of having Skyrim on a PC is that code's can be inserted to get around certain problems.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts