Removing Low Health Vision Effect

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adorkabl

You know that reddish pulsating vision blur that you get when your character gets when you are getting low on health? I'm looking for a way to remove that effect from my game, be it with a mod or something else. I've tried some mods that remove blur effects, but they are always for other things like the blur from when you use a shout.

I just started playing with the Requiem mod, which disables health regen, so I spend a fair amount of time on lowish health, and that effect really bothers me when it's not just for short periods after fights. It's not a bug or anything, it's supposed to happen, it's just giving me a headache.

Wippii

Bookworm
Hmm... are you using an ENB?
If not, you could try this (once the Nexus is up again...): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52471/? (Important Information Overhaul)

You could use its MCM to set it so that the H/M/S effects never take effect (trigger at 0 % H/M/S and intensity 0 %). No idea whether it'd remove/overwrite the vanilla blur effect, but I'd say it's worth a try. :)

Adorkabl

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't use any ENBs (my computer blows) and unfortunately that mod only adds its effects on top of the vanilla stuff. IIO's effect does do a pretty good job of covering up the vanilla one, and its not jarring like the vanilla one can be for me, so it's an improvement. Thanks, Wippii.

Latest posts