• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Okay, who here thinks it would be cool if Bethesda 'redid' Daggerfall and Morrowind. Not change the stories to them, but redo the graphics. They could maybe do it as an anniversary thing or a side project. I'm just getting tired of when I talk to people about the Elder Scrolls series, they have no clue what Daggerfall, or even Morrowind is (Sometimes they even argue with me that Oblivion is the first game... Apparently the 4 doesn't tell them ANYTHING!)! Then they complain the graphics suck and don't play them (What's wrong with Old School? -_-...). Granted, some of the gameplay could be 'tweeked' but I think it would be awesome to keep both games as they are mechanically, but switching out the graphics. But that's just me. What do you think?

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'd be all for it, but... I don't think it will ever happen.

There were alot of outdated things about Daggerfall other than the graphic's im afraid :sadface:. Almost all those combat/alchemy/spell crafting/etc systems would have to be overhauled.. meaing Reinvented. Infact it would all just be a big "Reinvent" instead of any kind of update. Then It would be alot of work just to have some Skyrim Fans Look at it and leave it.

Morrowind could possibly have a few graphic upgrades but I think the Game play would still need alittle updating as well to get the appeal to Skryim Fans.

But as for People that make statements and Suggestions that have never played a TES game before Skryim: Yeah it gets me too. Especially the "We want a DLC Bringing the Dwemer Back!!!!" and "We Need More RACES! Why Not?! WOW Does it" People... Oh it "urps" me sometimes. The Dwemer mystery things has been around for almost 20 REAL years, and now that the New kids come on board, They think they are just suppose to put alittle DLC lol. (sorry I got Nerd-Snobby :sadface: )

I do wish, however, that they would atleast create a host program that will let people play Daggerfall again without having to Program your Computer down to an old 486 again :sadface:. I can't stand that. In 2012, I don't have the ability to "Create a Boot Disk" even if I wanted to lol.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I'd be all for it, but... I don't think it will ever happen.

There were alot of outdated things about Daggerfall other than the graphic's im afraid :sadface:. Almost all those combat/alchemy/spell crafting/etc systems would have to be overhauled.. meaing Reinvented. Infact it would all just be a big "Reinvent" instead of any kind of update. Then It would be alot of work just to have some Skyrim Fans Look at it and leave it.

Morrowind could possibly have a few graphic upgrades but I think the Game play would still need alittle updating as well to get the appeal to Skryim Fans.

But as for People that make statements and Suggestions that have never played a TES game before Skryim: Yeah it gets me too. Especially the "We want a DLC Bringing the Dwemer Back!!!!" and "We Need More RACES! Why Not?! WOW Does it" People... Oh it "urps" me sometimes. The Dwemer mystery things has been around for almost 20 REAL years, and now that the New kids come on board, They think they are just suppose to put alittle DLC lol. (sorry I got Nerd-Snobby :sadface: )

I do wish, however, that they would atleast create a host program that will let people play Daggerfall again without having to Program your Computer down to an old 486 again :sadface:. I can't stand that. In 2012, I don't have the ability to "Create a Boot Disk" even if I wanted to lol.

I know. I miss the good old days when games were actually challenging... That's just my "Table-Top Me" speaking. I would mind if they redid some of the mechanics, I just don't want them really touching the storyline. And I would think they would save the whole "Bringing Back the Dwemer" DLC until a later games anyway... if they decided to do it. Would be cool though, but with skyrim they have sooooooo much stuff they can work off of that. I'm just really waiting for an Akavir DLC. I guess it would fit with skyrim since the Akaviri went to Tamriel to slay dragons... but that's just me :).
Well i finally got Daggerfall to work on my computer, so I'm happy! But all in all, I thought it would be a really cool side-project. But your right, considering all they would have to do to appeal to all the newer gamers. Maybe that's why they haven't considered doing it... But once again, that's just my thoughts. Guess I miss the challenging rpg's, I mean skyrim is fantastic, but I really miss morrowind (my favorite game out of the whole series). Oh well, I'm happy with their games since they are probably one of the few lasting companies that has not sold out... please don't tell me im wrong D:

Neriad13

Premium Member
Nah, I don't think this would be a good idea. What's in the past has passed. And people will like what people will like. For me, some of the real fun in playing older TES games is seeing the progression of mechanics, graphics and storytelling. Going back to redo the older games would take a lot of resources that ought to be used for the next game, which'll progress the series even more. I also don't think that it'll serve much purpose to be stepping backwards rather than moving forward. What I truly want to see next is the next part of the games' collective storyline.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
As much as I love and still play Daggerfall and Morrowind, I don't see a remake ever happening. Daggerfall was just too huge and epic for it to be redone properly with how Bethesda goes about making games these days. And Morrowind, well, it may be fun if they redid it but I don't see it happening. :sadface:

I would really like to see Arena remade so I could wander across all of Tamriel with decent graphics. :D

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
By doing only one region/nation at a time, the developers are able to add more detail to each game. I personally would like to see them simply do one high quality game in each place over one huge game that isn't very interesting or engaging.

If you really like supermassive games like that, have you tried Kingdoms of Amalur?

And for the person who said they miss being challenged in games, have you played Dark Souls?

AlphaDogMJP

I used to be an adventurer like you--just kidding
I've never played Daggerfall, but I am aware that it is a highly expansive game, spreading across Tamriel. Seeing that it took over five years to make The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim overall (including making the concept), making one for all of Tamriel would just take too long...besides, I'd much rather have a brand new gameplay, despite the fact that I haven't played Daggerfall again. May I suggest Summerset Isle?

As for Morrowind (the game where I began to play the Elder Scrolls), that would be interesting, but as Hargood had said, it would need more uprgrading for it to appeal to Skyrim fans. I mean, I got Oblivion shortly before Skyrim was released, and after I got Skyrim, I haven't even gotten past the Oblivion portal outside of Kvatch...if that makes any sense to where I'm getting at. And once again, I'd rather see a new storyline from Bethesda...may I suggest the Thalmor Embassy of the Summerset Isle?

Although, I will admit I would probably play more Cyrodill...well, maybe I can hope for a Skyrim DLC?

And look at the bright side, if you want to see Morrowind, you'll possibly be able to see Solstheim which is at least north of Morrowind in the rumored 'Dragonborn' DLC. :)

I've never played Daggerfall, but I am aware that it is a highly expansive game, spreading across Tamriel.
Actually, Daggerfall didn't have that big of a playspace. You're probably thinking of the very first Elder Scrolls game, Arena. That was the one that let you run around all of Tamriel. Daggerfall took place in a section of High Rock.

no1

morowind is being remake whit skyrim engine bij a team of modders ho also did morroblivion
so chek out skyrind and skyblivion the rest would be more a remake where u got to recreat every thing

but the side game redgaurdt i would love to see that remaked its diferent from morrowind and older but al npc talk unlike morrowind and got a good story

Rand Althor

Legionnaire
Can you imagine Redguard redone as an Assasin's Creed or Prince of Persia type of game? That would be insane!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Can you imagine Redguard redone as an Assasin's Creed or Prince of Persia type of game? That would be insane!

Hey, I'd just like a re-release that would run mostly smoothly. It looks like such an interesting game but it's near impossible to get a hold of. And even if you do manage to get a copy, or so I've heard, it's so buggy that it probably isn't even worth it in the end. The same sadly goes for Battlespire. :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts