1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Reforging an Empire

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Simus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

Ulfric and his Stormcloaks have won the Civil War, freeing Skyrim from the Empire and breaking the shackles of the Imperial Legion. The victory was celebrated all over Skyrim as the Empire and the Thalmor were cast out and peace finally returned to the land. Ulfric now sits on the throne as High King of Skyrim with all of the Jarls, old and new, swearing fealty to him. However, all is not well. Non-Nords are subjugated and persecuted in the name of purity. All that do not leave Skyrim are thrown into ghettos across the holds. The Grey Quarter in Windhelm has been put under martial law after a failed uprising. Worst of all, the bodies of General Tullius and Legate Rikke have been shamefully treated. Ulfric turns a blind eye to all of this while maintaining his noble image, dismissing the injustices as necissairy steps to secure his kingdom.

This policy of indiffernce, as well as the shameful treatment of two of the Empire's greatest heroes, has shocked not only imperial loyalists, but many of Ulfric's own soldiers. Many Stormcloaks were men who wanted a free, independent Skyrim, not a cruel and bloody regime that violently stamps out all who oppose it. Many now see that they were wrong to follow Ulfric and cannot bear the sight of Tullius and Rikke's headless bodies hanging from Windhelm's gates, preserved to last forever and their heads adorning Ulfric's throne wall.

A resistance movement has formed, consisting of both Stormcloaks and Legion soldiers, along with those who fought and followed Ulfric during the war. Their goal is to rescue the bodies of General Tullius and Legate Rikke, return them to Cyrodiil to recieve proper treatment and return to Skyrim to stop the monster they helped create.

Rules:

1. No godding (That means no super-duper Nirn killing powers, character ideas, abilities or anthing else that ruins other people's fun. If you're not sure if your idea crosses the line, please ask.)
    2. No Thu'ums (I'm afraid none of us are the Dragonborn and none of us were trained by the Greybeards.)
    3. Master-level skills and spells are fine, but please keep rule number 1 in mind.
    4. Please try and keep cursing and lewd speech to a minimum in the RP itself. I don't care what you guys do in the OOC chat (this thread here).
    5. Make all of your posts at least a paragraph (Five sentences.) and please try to post once a day. This is just to help move the story along and to help everyone get to know each other.
    6. If you know you have an upcoming commitment, you get bored with the RP, life hijaks you or you become otherwise unable to post for an extended number of days, please let us know in the OOC chat or PM me. That way the group knows what's going on with you, we can park you somewhere until you get back, and the story can move along smoothly. More importantly, you don't get badgered about where you are and you can do whatever it is you have to do in peace.
    7. I will start this RP when we have 4-6 people, but it will remain open. If you're new and you wish to join, please introduce yourself and submit a character card. The Simus Board of Entry accepts 99% of applicants.
    8. Have fun! This is the most importaint rule. If you have any questions about anything, plese speak up.
    All of the above rules are common sense stuff. I don't think anything is too hard to follow. If I forgot to address anything, please let me know.

Now that that's done with, welcome to my RP. I look forward to sharing a great story with all of you :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Docta Corvina: 7 Points (I'm not an RPer really, I'm much more of a fanficcer, but this is a very cool concept and I'm interested to see where it goes. Very nice! :)) Nov 13, 2012
    Hale Loneshadow: 4 Points (for giving us a great RP :D) Dec 30, 2012
  2. Alexstrasza

Alexstrasza Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire

I'm interested, my character is in my sig :)

3. Simus

I'll take a look at it. Thank you and welcome. I love Alexstrasza by the way. One of my favorite WoW characters :)

You're in by the way, since you're ye first taker. *gives you Sweetroll as door prize*

4. Alexstrasza

Alexstrasza Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire

*Eats slowly only to be stolen by a guard :oops:*

Great! Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. UnLonged

UnLonged True to the Name

Always nice to see an RP that spits on the pompous douche that is Ulfric. Any type of character you have in mind?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Simus

7. Linamina

Linamina Well-Known Member

8. The OP3RaT0R

The OP3RaT0R Call me Op. Or Smooth.

Name: Nachael
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Spellsword; Uses a silver scimitar and ebony shield, wears steel plate gauntlets and boots, fur armor, and a Redguard hood. Wears a ring enchanted with frost resistance he found in his travels. Sometimes casts frost, flame, or shock spells, uses Alteration to supplement armor, and uses Restoration to heal after battle.
    Description: 5'9, early 30s, lean, muscular, dark tan skin, short curly brown hair, no tattoos ot scars, clean shaven
    History: Born in Hegathe, Hammerfell, he was kidnapped at age 5 and raised by a a band of dunedwellers. Prior to his kidnapping his father imparted onto him basic combat skills and a dislike for the Empire, as he resented what he considered their cowardice in the Great War; at the same time, he highly respected the Legionnaires who stayed behind and helped fight the Thalmor to a standstill. The Dunedwellers taught him their magic, some familiar and some alien. All this culminated when, at 19 years old, he fought his way out of the camp and survived in the desert for a year, travelling and honing his skill against the beasts of the Alik'r. His wandering took him on a lenghty stint travelling with a prominent vampire hunter who gave him his silver scimitar and ebony shield, throughout southern Tamriel, and eventually took him to Sentinel, where he worked as a mercenary for 4 years. He wanted more stories to tell with the warriors he met in Hammerfell, so he started wandering all across Tamriel, but avoiding Skyrim, as it was too cold for him. He learned volumes of fighting techniques, but never had much coin. More years passed, and when he was in Sentinel once more, Nachael decided he would indulge in the warrior tradition of Skyrim. He took a boat to Windhelm, and with the last of his coin spent, learned of the intolerance. He was never too fond of the Empire, but he knew it would be better for non-Nords there if Skyrim wasn't independent.
    Personality: A thinker and a fighter. Nachael loves a good fight, but he loves just as much to learn how to fight, or to learn about great fighters of the past. He is careful when he speaks, because he knows that his actions tend to be not well thought-out and they get him in trouble; yet, he is thankful for all the trouble because he sees it as the best trainer in Tamriel, and it (sometimes) costs him nothing.

9. Simus

I'm happy to see such interest :). I'm waiting on Arillious to commit, then we'll start. My first post is going to be my teo characters organizing the first resistance meeting, whic provides a convenient meet and greet for all of us. Also, could I trouble you guys to actually post your cards here? That way there's a permanent record of them? Thanks.

And if anybody here is in Age of Oppression, I hope this RP isn't a carbon copy :eek!:

10. Linamina

Linamina Well-Known Member

Character name: Eilene

Race: Dumner

Birthsign: Shadow

Class: Assassin

Looks: 5'10, slim, short white hair, Jet black skin, crimson eyes. Typically wears a hood, especially on jobs.

[​IMG][​IMG] ((Wears a thick black cloak while in the sun.))

Personality: She's often quiet though not completely shy. Often appears sad when left at peace, venomously enraged when provoked.

Combat prefs: Dual wielding elven daggers, Ebony bow, an assortment of poisons, Rune traps. Typically she uses her mundane weapons for stealth depending on the time. e.g.: Daggers during night, bow during day. She usually uses rune traps for escape attempts, though she can only cast one every so often as she is not adeptly full of Magicka, and poisons used depend on her targets. With the exception for the Dumner's resistance to fire, she has no immunities or resistances; her only defense is her leather armor.

11. Osiris

Osiris Child of the Sky

Is it too late to join?

Name:Clouds-the-Mind
    Race:Argonian
    Class:BattleMage
    Personality: Typical Argonian sleekness, although weary around other races. Harbors a resentment to Dunmer and Khajiit, for enslavement and rivalry respectively. One thing Cloud possesses if a sharp tongue, and uses it to persuade, or intimidate, those around him.
    Looks: Dark Green Skin, very glossy scales. Yellow Piercing eyes, curved horned eyebrows, two giant horns in the back of his head, white feathers inbetween. slightly better than average muscles..
    Weapons and Armor, DragonScale Armor, conjured Swords and Bow. Uses Illusion and Speech to his advantage.
    Story, Raised in a tribe in Black Marsh strong in Shaman Tradition, Clouds-the-Mind, or Gin-Wulm, was born in the deep swamps of Black Marsh, away from even Argonian Tradition. His skills were forged in the Arts of Shamanism, mastering the dark arts, twisting the mind, and healing the unpure. After he fought in the Invasion of Morrowind, he traveled to Cyrodiil to serve the Emperor as a BattleMage. Soon he was sent to Skyrim to silence a civil unrest, and was stationed in HjaalMarch, spending lots of time in an Imperial Encampment. Soon he was called to defend Solitude, but barely escaped with his life and suffering a defeat from the Stormcloaks. Upon returning to Cyrodiil, he was disgraced by his superiors and banished from the Imperial City. Now Gin-Wulm returns to Skyrim, only to find his people suffering at the hands of Ulfric's regime. He decides the time to rebel is now.

12. Simus

Not at all Chicago. Welcome :). The RP is starting in the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun, where the secret rebel meeting is held. So think of how you guys want to enter.

I'm going to wait for Arillious before starting and we have enough people for now, so I'm closing recruitment temporarily. Once we get going, I'll open it up again.

13. JBar2531

JBar2531 Active Member

Once it opens up again i would like to join. Im in The Age of Oppression but its completly dead.

14. Simus

Really? I'm sorry to hear that :sadface: Tell you what, you can come in now. Please go ahead and post your character card.

15. JBar2531

JBar2531 Active Member

Name: Titus Marius
    Race: Imperial
    Class: Warrior
    Skills: Smithing, One handed, Block.
    Looks: 5'9, buzzcut, black hair, somewhat built. scar on his right cheek.
    Bio: Titus father, Aulus, is a Legate in the Imperial army. Titus started training with his fathers men when he was 10. Titus loved the camps atmosphere and longed to become a soldier. When he was finally alowed to join at the age of 17, he was the happiest man in the world. He was placed in his fathers regiment. He served in Cyrodil for 4 years until the Civil War broke out in Skyrim. His father was given orders to march to the Reach and set up a camp. Titus saw his first battle in the Reach where Titus took a sword to the chest. Titus was in the infirmary for 2 weeks and when he got out his father, being protective, arranged for Titus to be sentback to Cyrodill. When the Empire fell to the Stormcloaks, his father retreated to Cyrodill, just as Titus secretly left to Skyrim as an Imperial agent.

16. JBar2531

JBar2531 Active Member

I adjusted it a little to fit this RP

17. Simus

Wait, I know you...

Now I remember: you're that new member of The Long Road to Linmoth. So you what, fetch the mead?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. JBar2531

JBar2531 Active Member

No Sir, IM THE GOD DAMN HARBINGER!!! jkjk but yes i am the new member of that rp.

19. Gunnbjorn

Gunnbjorn Formerly known as Arillious

Could I join?:D Looks to me like a future masterpiece, with a bunch of talented, and creative writers to help fit the part.

20. Gunnbjorn

Gunnbjorn Formerly known as Arillious

Arillious Decimus Peleus
    Loyal member of The Blades ~ Officer for the Imperial Empire of Skyrim
    Character Name: Arillious Decimus Peleus
    Race: Imperial
    Class: Warrior
    Looks:
    • Height: 6'2"
    • Weight: 210 lbs. (a bit taller and more heavier than the average Imperial.)
    • Hair: Military Buzz Cut, clean-shaven. No scars.
    Personality:
    Arillious comes from a military family involved with the Imperial Empire and the Blades. He is naturally loyal to his race and is thirsty to make a name for himself to add to his families legacy. When interacting with others he is usually quiet, most always thinking before speaking. However sometimes when discussing certain subjects he is very talkative and outspoken, and can come off as ignorant and bone-headed due to his youth. Most of the time he talks as if he is a hardened warrior in a kids body. When it comes to battle, he can be as clean and graceful as a Veteran General, or as aggressive and mighty as a Nord Barbarian. He is one that can be trusted and is very loyal to his comrades and his friends as in his nature. He is always one to try and lighten the mood with a little humor when appropriate. He doesn't like to start trouble, but he will be rather ruthless if he is mad at you. In combat, he will constantly joke and openly mock and taunt his enemies. He loves to get under peoples skin. During awkward silences or heated standoffs, look to Arillious and await his snide remark or rude comment, or perhaps a particularly inappropriate observation.
    Combat Preferences:
    Arillious prefers the Sword and the Shield. He wears Imperial light armor, or Blades armor, which allow him to travel with a bit more ease, and react quicker when in battle. His whole purpoose is to make a name for himself, and for people to know who he is in his travels, because of this he abandons wearing a helmet. To most warriors it would come as a great risk, but Arillious does not want to be seen as an ordinary soldier. He wants his enemies to see every detail of the face of their opponent, and to be able to easily look into his eyes and see that the desire for honor and glory burns inside of him. Witness as he lets out an intense battle cry before throwing himself into the lust of battle only a young Soldier like himself would enjoy so much.