• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Declando

Dwarvenborn
9504583762500.0001red1.png

7143731826700.0003red2.png

566857793300.0002red3.png

REDGUARD Trademark Application of ZeniMax Media Inc. - Serial Number 85263438 :: Justia Trademarks

What on earth is this?

Saozig

Hippy
Well, hate to state the obvious but it's apparently data regarding a trademark application for computer software made by ZeniMax/Bethesda.

Whether this materializes into this Redguard DLC people are talking about, who knows. Companies trademark a lot of things that never quite materialize.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Whether this materializes into this Redguard DLC people are talking about, who knows. Companies trademark a lot of things that never quite materialize.

I feel the exact same way, but I will note that every time this past year a Trademark was found, it was on words like "Dawnguard", "Hearthfire" and "Dragonborn" lol.

But I say "I'll believe it when I see it" even Still. Who really knows except for Bethesda/Zenimax?

(also wasn't Redguard already a video game?)

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Here is a link for info on the original Redguard game: Redguard:Redguard - UESPWiki
I do imagine that it will be a refreshing change of landscape.

xaraan

If this did end up being true, it would probably only be a portion of Hammerfell, like maybe touching on Dragonstar and that area - it's somewhat mountainous there and would be easy for them to just offer that up as a small separate area. Because honestly, no way will they offer up an area the size of Skyrim in a DLC by giving us the whole of Hammerfell.

Only thing that's different about this filing is that it happened before Skyrim even came out and has just been extended, the others were filed for later. Although with the "In My Time of Need" quest in the game, maybe it was an early idea for a DLC.

Might not be true, but I definitely would like it to be.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I doubt that "Redguard" could concern the province of Orsinium. For one, Orsinium and the Wrothgarian mountains that it is located in is a large area, larger than Solstheim even, and it would have to encompass more than this already DLC-filling area to involve the redguard. This is because Orsinium is located smack-dab in the middle of High Rock and the redguard reside to the South, in Hammerfell.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Only thing that's different about this filing is that it happened before Skyrim even came out and has just been extended, the others were filed for later. Although with the "In My Time of Need" quest in the game, maybe it was an early idea for a DLC.

Might not be true, but I definitely would like it to be.

Your Right. That's a good point. All other Trademarks were Idea's that were after thoughts. As well, Redguard already is a video game. You would think Bethesda would have a Better name for a DLC even if it had something to do with Hammerfell. "Winds of Al'kir", "Waste lands" etc.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Who said anything about Orsinium? I'm confused now. Only person that mentioned an area was me, and that was Dragonstar which is part of Hammerfell, near the border of Skyrim, cut off from the rest of Hammerfell by mountains and played a key role in the war.

There have been ideas presented for a DLC in Orsinium, I was saying that Redguard was probably not that.

Tyrone

It does specifically state "computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices" which makes me believe it is an add-on and not a full game itself.

xaraan

Well, in the article I wrote on it for the site I write for, this is what I said about reason's FOR it to be a DLC:

The "In My Time of Need" was one of the few quests that offered something more that could happen later without delivering yet. Much like the 'Eye of Magnus', it's a story that has the possibility to connect with a future storyline.

It offers something different than what we've seen from other DLC's. We've had vampires, falmer, now we've had more dragonpriests/dragonborn stuff, always a little more dwemer stuff, and have spent plenty of time in the north (and snow and cold). This would take us to the opposite corner of the map and dealing with people we've had little interaction with. New lands, new people, new toys, etc.

It would also offer what I think they are looking for, especially with the PS3 problems, a new load area like Solstheim was. Not to mention those areas could easily be cut off from the rest of Hammerfell by mountainous terrain, so it's not like they'd have to offer up much more size than what we got with Solstheim.

Dragonstar (and the neighboring Dragon Gate), which is the rumored area, might easily have some connection to the whole ongoing plot dealing with dragons.

The Redguard/Hammerfell played a very different role in the war with the Thalmor and Empire than anywhere else and could offer additional story dealing with Thalmor issues and a new angle.

To those saying Redguard isn't a great name for a DLC and was already used - I don't think that matters. Most casuals (the main market to consider when marketing ) don't know of the Redguard game. Look at casual gamers when you think about things like that, don't consider us. We will buy it if it's labeled the Land of Buttmunchers. The names aren't for us, they are for casuals. Catchy, easy to remember, trigger something familiar with the game: If people had casually played Skryim before. All the DLC's are catchy, one world descriptors: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn - Redguard would fit right in.

And obviously the thing that started the rumors is the copyright. It was registered before Skyrim came out, so that is different than the others - but that could also mean it was one of the earlier ideas for a DLC, especially considering 'Time of Need' is a very early side quest. Also, as Tyrone pointed out, it was registered in the same categories as previous DLC's "as downloadable game software".

But we really won't have a better idea until a patch comes along that someone strips code out of again. At this point though, and without any other copyrights registered and the knowledge they are already working on future DLC, it's a good possibility.

Darth Brogan

Sith Lord
I just hope there will be DLC regarding the Thalmor, or the Dwemer. If they make a Dwemer DLC, all my wildest dreams will come true.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
This Redguard thing might as well be something for the Elder Scrolls Online as well. We never know.

no1

it wouldnt suprise me if it is a big ass dlc and hammerfell is named bij the dwemmer ho trowe a hammer and where it fell there clan would live also hammefell got a big desert in the middel so it would be perfect to cut 3 ciitys of from the rest of hammerfell for the dlc and nowe i am fantezising but dragonstar would be the perfect place to start a secret rebelion agianst the aldmer redgaurdt, brenton, nordts and orc agianst the hig elves other races dont realy want to ore cant help the empire ya i forgot the empirials but the busy holding there turf and are under heavy elv controle

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
it wouldnt suprise me if it is a big ass dlc and hammerfell is named bij the dwemmer ho trowe a hammer and where it fell there clan would live also hammefell got a big desert in the middel so it would be perfect to cut 3 ciitys of from the rest of hammerfell for the dlc and nowe i am fantezising but dragonstar would be the perfect place to start a secret rebelion agianst the aldmer redgaurdt, brenton, nordts and orc agianst the hig elves other races dont realy want to ore cant help the empire ya i forgot the empirials but the busy holding there turf and are under heavy elv controle

Please, stop this, we'll give you whatever you want, just leave us alone...

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth

31624416.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts