• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
From all y'all's suggestions, I've decided to remake my redguard girl (that looks like Ms. Berry) in to an image of Storm from the XMen. The look is easy, but I am wondering what the concentrations should be. I would assume destruction concentrating on electric and storms (well 'duh and probably the shout as well as well as clear skies - hey Storm didn't just cause storms), but what else? We know she can kick butt, so I would guess she would do one-handed as well (I can't play straight mage - I find it boring). What other types of magicka or skills would you suggest?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
From all y'all's suggestions, I've decided to remake my redguard girl (that looks like Ms. Berry) in to an image of Storm from the XMen. The look is easy, but I am wondering what the concentrations should be. I would assume destruction concentrating on electric and storms (well 'duh and probably the shout as well as well as clear skies - hey Storm didn't just cause storms), but what else? We know she can kick butt, so I would guess she would do one-handed as well (I can't play straight mage - I find it boring). What other types of magicka or skills would you suggest?

Here's some info. I found on the wiki that may give you some ideas to perfect a well-rounded character. You will see by the description that you can fit some Sneak and Weapon fighting perks into your Storm build, besides the Lightning magic from the Destruction tree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_(Marvel_Comics)

I condensed the valid points and put them into a spoiler format for you:

Powers and abilities[edit source | edit]
Weather control[edit source | edit]

Storm is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth and has demonstrated a plethora of abilities, most of which are facets of her power to manipulate the weather.[79] Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of weather over vast areas. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level), generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[80] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well.
Her precise control over the atmosphere allows her to create special weather effects. She can create precipitation at higher or lower altitudes than normal, make whirlwinds travel pointing lengthwise in any direction, channel ambient electromagnetism through her body to generate electric blasts, flash freeze objects and people, coalesce atmospheric pollutants into acid rain or toxic fog, and, along with her natural ability of flight, summon wind currents strong enough to support her weight to elevate herself (or others) to fly at high altitudes and speeds. Her control is so great that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs. She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to appear partially transparent, and in later comics, nearly invisible.
Storm has also demonstrated the ability to control natural forces that include cosmic storms, solar wind, ocean currents, and the electromagnetic field. She has demonstrated the ability to separate water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen via electrolysis, allowing her to breathe underwater.[81] While in outer space, she is able to affect and manipulate the interstellar and intergalactic mediums. Storm can alter her visual perceptions so as to see the universe in terms of energy patterns, detecting the flow of kinetic, thermal and electromagnetic energy behind weather phenomena and can bend this energy to her will.
Storm has been shown to be sensitive to the dynamics of the natural world, and her psionic powers over weather are affected by her emotions. One consequence of this connection to nature is that she often suppresses extreme feelings to prevent her emotional state from resulting in violent weather. She has once sensed a diseased and dying tree on the X-Mansion grounds, detected objects within various atmospheric mediums—including water, and sensed the incorrect motion of a hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere and the gravitational stress on the tides by the Moon and Sun as well as the distortion of a planet's magnetosphere.[82] Storm can view the Earth as weather patterns, and is able to precisely recognize her geographic position through interpretations of these patterns.[83] Storm's mutant abilities are limited by her willpower and the strength of her body. Sentinels have considered Storm an Omega-level mutant on one occasion.[84]
Magical potential[edit source | edit]

Storm's ancestry supports the use of magic and witchcraft.[85] Many of her ancestors were sorceresses and priestesses. Storm's matrilineal powers have even been linked to the real-world Rain Queens of Balobedu, the region from which her Sorceress Supreme ancestor, Ayesha, hails. The Mystic Arcana series deals with Storm's ancestor Ashake, who worships the Egyptian goddess Ma'at, also known as Oshtur — the mother of Agamotto.[86] Oshtur appears to have strong favor for the bloodline of Ororo.[volume & issue needed] For some unknown reason, since the dawn of Atlantis, this line of African women has been given distinguishing features of white hair, blue eyes, and powerful magic potential.[volume & issue needed] Although Storm has not developed her magical potential, it has been hinted at.[85] The Mystic Arcana series lists the characters with magic potential according to the Marvel Tarot deck. The Tarot asserts Storm as being "High Priestess," the First Tarot's choice one-third of the time. The other draws were the Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness. These three characters split the High Priestess card equally. A timeline-divergent Storm became the sorceress who taught sorcery to Magik and some of Storm's alternate universe selves possess considerable magical talent.[87] On a separate note, it has been stated that Storm's spirit is so strong that she was able to host the consciousness of an avatar (or "manifestation body"[88]) of Eternity; in a gathering consisting of herself, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Silver Surfer and the Fantastic Four, she and Doctor Strange were the only viable candidates.[89]
Combat and thievery[edit source | edit]

Storm is an expert thief, and a skilled, cunning and gifted hand-to-hand fighter, trained by Achmed el-Gibar, Professor X, Wolverine and T'Challa, the Black Panther. By using superior strategy, Storm has overcome physically stronger foes like Callisto and the Crimson Commando in hand-to-hand combat. Storm is an excellent marksman with handguns, and is proficient in the use of knives. Storm is also fluent in Russian, Arabic and Swahili. As part of her paraphernalia, Storm carries a set of lock-picks (with which she has an extraordinary ability at picking locks, in an early appearance she was able to pick a lock with her teeth while her physical coordination was reduced to the level of an infant[90]) and her ancestral ruby, which allows inter-dimensional transportation with the help of her lightning.[79]
Physical abilities and trait[edit source | edit]

Her body compensates for rapid decreases or increases in atmospheric pressure.[91] She can see in near-complete darkness and has superb dexterity.[92][93] Storm has been described as having one of the strongest wills among the X-Men, making her highly resistant to psychic attacks especially in tandem with electrical fields she creates around herself. Telepaths have found it difficult to track her down and probe her thoughts. Several of these traits are independent of her mutant status and are a result of her ancestry. Also, when utilizing her powers, Storm's eyes turn solid white.[79]
Storm's real name "Ororo" is translated in her tribal language as "Beauty"

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

You got me so pumped up about this, I had to go and make my own version of Skyrim meets X-Men:

Ororo is:
339rb4n.jpg

2afcwvm.jpg
I'm pretty tired right now, so tomorrow evening I'll post some info. on how I've been playing her.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate

You got me so pumped up about this, I had to go and make my own version of Skyrim meets X-Men:

Ororo is:
339rb4n.jpg

2afcwvm.jpg
I'm pretty tired right now, so tomorrow evening I'll post some info. on how I've been playing her.

Ok, so obviously I'm following Destruction's Lightning path; I'm getting all the perks except for Rune Master. I may or may not get it later. My goal is to get to Mastery level and pick up the Lightning Storm spell, along with Lightning Cloak, and the rest of the shock spells.

Secondary perks will be in both the Alteration and Restoration trees, for the Magic Resist and Recovery perks. I will pick up a few of the Flesh spells and a few of the Healing spells. From Restoration I'm also grabbing the Regeneration and perhaps the Respite perk, since Stamina will aid in the melee aspect of this character.

Even though this is primarily a spellcaster build, I'm not going to use Mage Armor on robes, simply because I've already got enough spells I'll constantly be re-casting. I'm using leather armor (Storm looks better in street leather as opposed to the frumpy-looking mage robes) along with Light Armor perks, and also some various Flesh spells, as needed.

I also picked up the Sneak skill in order to have the constant Muffle effect from a perk, rather than having to constantly cast the spell, which also alerts the enemies, especially since I don't have the Quiet Casting perk.

Ororo's fallback combat is melee, as in hand-to-hand. I had to download a mod for this since unarmed fighting in vanilla Skyrim doesn't raise your skill level, which is a shame. The mod allows me to forge a couple of invisible weapons that essentially work like daggers, with slightly less damage but faster attack speed. There is a whole separate perk tree for the Unarmed combat mod, which works off of the Light Armor skill tree. Admittedly it's tough taking down enemies with melee attacks, but I wanted a challenge. Besides, it fits into Storm's theme since she was an excellent hand-to-hand combatant in the comics.
I was able to improve the invisible weapons (her fists, basically) with both higher damage and a shock enchantment, which is very cool. Once I get Lightning Cloak, I'll be a melee machine.

Currently, I sneak up on an enemy or enemies, start blasting them with Lightning magic, and then once I'm out of Magicka switch to melee to finish them off with. Eventually I'm going to get Enchanting up to 100 in order to get Destruction cost 0 (Destruction spells cost 25% less on four pieces of gear).

The only bummer with this build is the inability to fly, which there is a mod, but the requirements are a little too busy for my patience at this moment. I may re-visit the flying mod later, but Whirlwind Shout will have to be good enough until then.

Here's a few more hasty pics I threw together of Storm/Ororo doing her thing:

xfw5rr.jpg

wumhja.jpg

b8vfgi.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts