• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
My friend is rolling a Redguard Battlemage in his next build. Redguard is for roleplay purposes, don't ask. I recommended him to go with a mace in one hand and fire in the other. Should he even bother with Conjuration? Or focus on the 1-hand / destruction combo? He's going heavy armour of course and resto for healing. Also fire, frost or shock? I said maybe fire and shock but not worry about frost. Does he need archery with this build?

I'm a little unfamiliar with battle mages /heavy spell swords. He needs my help but I'm not up on this build.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Personally speaking, Conjuration is pretty useful because the one-handed/destruction combination can feel pretty clumsy at times. Of course, it can be easily replaced with a follower(Which is what I'm doing right now). I would not exclude frost to begin with. It's very useful, especially against the higher leveled targets as it slows them down. Archery doesn't need to be included. Destruction is filled with some ranged spells, therefore replacing Archery. I hope this helps your friend.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
My friend is rolling a Redguard Battlemage in his next build. Redguard is for roleplay purposes, don't ask. I recommended him to go with a mace in one hand and fire in the other. Should he even bother with Conjuration? Or focus on the 1-hand / destruction combo? He's going heavy armour of course and resto for healing. Also fire, frost or shock? I said maybe fire and shock but not worry about frost. Does he need archery with this build?

I'm a little unfamiliar with battle mages /heavy spell swords. He needs my help but I'm not up on this build.

Mace? Go Scimitar! Stay true!

If he wants to further roleplay, he could also pick up a Alik'r Hood from Radiant Raiments in Solitude.

I'd agree with the Prof above, conjuration is extremely helpful.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I was thinking mace for the ignore armour effect. Comes in handy more often than the sword/axe perks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts