• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Athilea

I'm looking for a mod that provides red hair not for specific hair styles, but for all of them. I really want a proper red hair color for my Nord. Unfortunately, I can't find any that don't also include a bunch of colors like blue, green, and the like that I do not want. I have searched Nexus and the Steam Workshop, but I have yet to come up with anything that will work for me.

There is a very faint red that is more akin to strawberry blond in game. I want something darker then that.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give on this.

Athilea

Unfortunately, it gives all the green and blues and stuff, and I'm not really looking for that. I just want a single color to be added. I'll end up trying that if there aren't any other options, but it's really just more then what I'm looking for.

Edit:
I do appreciate the link though. At least it is an option if nothing else closer to what I'm looking for comes up.

Last edited:

Kattus

I saw a mod on nexus for flaming red hair, if that's what you want. If you're looking for something more natural, I found using the darker shade of vanilla red on hairstyles from ApachiiSkyHair made it look much redder. As a redhead myself, it was a nice sufficient redhead red.

Athilea

I've been debating on the ApachiiSkyHair because I really like some of the hairstyles, but it's not compatible with the mod I'm using for hair on my Dunmer. I may still make the switch, but only once I reach Riften and can easily change my hair style. The Flaming Red hair mod is one I've tried, but it only works on some of the hair styles. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with what Anna suggested for the hair color itself to get the shade and all I want.

I wish they hadn't of done away with the slider in Skyrim. I really enjoyed tinkering with that to make sure that everything on my character looked just right.

Athilea

I found a mod that includes more hair colors, and fits what I'm looking for more or less. It's DartHairColors. There are a few versions of the mod, but one of the options you can download is for Natural hair. there are a couple of colors in there that I don't really think fit that description, but if gives you a lot of options on top of the default, and several of them are varying shades of red.

So, if you were looking for red hair like I was, and you just aren't seeing it included in a more natural selection of hair colors, this may be the one for you. I'm in love with it already.

Here's the link to the mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26766/?

Here's my Nord with it. ^_^ It's a very nice shade of red. Much more vibrate then then one included in the vanilla option.

ScreenShot112_zpscmptv8eq.png

If you are curious what hair mod I'm using, you can find it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25395/?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts