Recruiting modders for a DLC sized mod

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

So this is the thing, I want to create a DLC sized mod, but it's a lot of work and I'm not sure I can do it all on my own. So I decided to recruit people to help me and even work as a team.

Okay, intro done, let me tell you what the big idea is:

It all starts after you finish the thieves guild questline. To help the mod's story, once you become the leader of the thieves guild you're given Mercer's home.

To trigger the questline, you have to sleep once between 11p.m and 8p.m, when you wake up, the ratway is filled with alchemy stuff, a forge and in general the stuff you can place there if you do the appropriate missions. After that, you have to sleep again, this time in your new home, doesn't matter what time, and it works as with the DB's questline, you wake up in a colossal underground city, a city as big a Solitude, SHADOW CITY.

Then, you're informed about your situation and the place you are:
The SHADOW CITY is the capital of the SHADOW REALM, which is governed by THE SHADOW KING from his SHADOW TRHONE in the SHADOW PALACE(the names are just ideas). This "realm", is a secret existence that controls all form of organized crime in Skyrim. Here's how it works:

The Shadow King displays orders to his men, who then transmit the orders to their subordinates, who then send representers of the Shadow realm to the leader of whatever organization is needed(thieves guild, bandit group...), said leader then simply obeys. Thanks to this process the realm is kept a secret. You're told that as the new leader of the thieves guild, you must obey the shadow realm and its king.

You can inform the authorities of this and begin a questline to destroy the Shadow Realm or stay put and begin a questline in which you get to personally meet the Shadow King and start preparing an army to conquer Skyrim. I'm not certain whether to end it in The Shadow King dying and everything failing, or him succeeding and giving you the tittle of Shadow King while he crowns himself High King.

I'll be posting more detailed information as I come up with stuff. Please reply if you're interested.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hershangames

Well here goes the first detailed idea, it's about the city, if that part doesn't interest you you can skip it and wait for the next one.

CITY
Well, the city is likely to be called Shadow City, as stated before, it's an underground city. It's located in a giant cavern formed by either a fight between two greatly powerful beings or an old Dwarven city, I'm more keen if the last one, since it'd also work as a fundament to the city's existence.

Now, to the cities design:
The city is a bit aimiliar to Markath, since it also is an old Dwarven city, but it was built in an era so ancient, a lot of Dwarfs had already forgotten about it way before they're extinction.

It has a lot of big houses, all of them belonging to high class criminal(mobsters and such). The city is divided in districts, there's the military district(barracks, armories, smitheries...), the commercial district(shops and...well, more shops), the urban district(houses) and the governmental district(the palace and different buildings destined to political stuff).

Of course, the palace will crown the city, and it'll be in its center. It'll be an imposing palace, enormous, with many rooms and halls, all of them in use, and both politicians and warriors (or mercenaries, bandits and the like) going g in and out constantly.

The ilumiantion problem will be taken care of by decens of pillars made of a glowing mineral, that will be placed throughout the city.

There will be two different types of guards in the city, assassins and warriors.
l

Assassins with be placed in the roofs of important buildings, and will carry the typical equipment of assassins, having a great deal of stamina.
He
Warriors will patrol the city and watch the doors of highly important buildings. They will wear dwarven armor and dwarven double handed weapons. They will have a lot of health.

Also, the city will be connected to the outside world through a large net of tunnels that exit in all the settlements of tamriel, with wagons going constantly through it to pass intelligence.

Well, that's all I got so far, hope I manage to do it.

Last edited:

hershangames

Thanks for the support, and you know what, the fishy stick thing gave em an idea for a joke in the mod.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Majestic_

:O i feel like I'm actually apart of something now! xD
Im gonna download the mod when it comes out so i can find the fishy stick joke and just to play it as well.

hershangames

Hahaha I like your enthusiasm but beware, this could take a loooooong time to be finished.

But the fishticks joke will be there, I give you my word of mad scientist and greedy human.

Vauldis

This sounds like a really fun idea. Something I'd definitely download .
Also have you considered a wolf fighting ring like the ones you find around skyrim? Maybe you could bet money on them and maybe even sponsor /train a wolf and you get more gold if it wins battles. Just a random/ probably extremely difficult to do suggestion.

hershangames

Might be difficult to do, but it sure sounds like a great idea. I will try to add it, in fact while I write this, a few ideas on how to do it are coming to my mind.

Right now all I've done are the characters, so sorry about that but I've almost finished brainstorming so I'll probably get down to business this Monday or Tuesday.

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

JoeReese

This sounds like a really fun idea. Something I'd definitely download .
Also have you considered a wolf fighting ring like the ones you find around skyrim? Maybe you could bet money on them and maybe even sponsor /train a wolf and you get more gold if it wins battles. Just a random/ probably extremely difficult to do suggestion.
Draugr fights.

hershangames

An arena would actually be a great feature. Fights with all kinds of stuff, making bets, fighting yourself...

JoeReese

Might be difficult to do, but it sure sounds like a great idea. I will try to add it, in fact while I write this, a few ideas on how to do it are coming to my mind.

Right now all I've done are the characters, so sorry about that but I've almost finished brainstorming so I'll probably get down to business this Monday or Tuesday.

It could be interesting as an involuntary arena. Some type of trap, maybe like the trap door in Rannvieg's Fast, puts the dragonborn into a cell, where they immediately black out, only to open their eyes again in the middle of the arena...

hershangames

Woah, I like that. I really do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts