• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, the reason I want to create mods really is so I can make Skyrim more realistic and true to life, for example, in real life we grow up and we get old, right? Well, not so in Skyrim. I know there are a couple mods out there that allow aging and what not, but none after really complete in my opinion. We have growing up in Skyrim and there's also project legacy, which both add things to the game in the manner I'd like. But I'm thinking of something combining the two and adding so much more. What do you think?

Yeah ^.^ what I'm thinking is to use a date based birthday function to track age. I won't make my own children of teen mods there are several really great playable kid mods already, and at least one teen mod that's pretty good. So, I think I'd just include integration for those. One thing I think would be necessary is age based commentary. Like, if you're a kid, then NPCs should say different things than if you're a teen or adult. Take Braith for example, she make the comment that you're there elder sometimes, but if you're playing a kid, than you're not really.

Majestic_

I really like that last idea about how if you're a kid, they will talk to you differently.
One idea that i had is that it is easier to learn certain skills as a child and adult, so for example, sneak might be easier to learn as a child because you're small and weigh less so you make less noise, but something like alchemy and enchanting would be best for an adult to learn.

Yeah, I could see that, Oh, and just to be clear, though this thread is for ideas about what to add to such a mod, I'd like to let it be known that since I'm extremely new to modding that I may or may not be capable of it XD I'm mostly looking for ideas to add, yes, but also for suggestions on how to create such XD. I'm not asking anyone to make it for me, I want to have that distinction. But I wouldn't be adverse to some help XD lol

Kattus

If you start going down this road, with your character's looks changing due to age, you might also consider other things that could realistically change them:
There's a mod called Pumping Iron that makes your character gain muscles if they wield heavy weapons. Definitely realistic.
Other things I could think of is occasionally having them spawn a scar after a very long and close battle. Or maybe having their skin tan when they travel in the sun without hoods or helmets.

I realize those things are pretty hard to mod and even harder to combine, but I just wanted to leave them as a suggestion, since you are after all looking into 'real life mods'.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I could be completely wrong on this so might as well take my thoughts with a grain of salt lol

But I read somewhere that even though the game calendar is 'supposedly' infinite, I read that only a few people got up to two years or maybe a year more.

If you do something like this, probably in the character creation you would set the date, or age scale (if you play Mount and Blade, Warband, Sims (if they have it) as well as many rpg games, then you know what I'm referring to). Perhaps the mysterious person that sends you letters about your shouting and directing you to word wall locations will also send you letters on your "birthday" ;) That would be kind of neat. And somewhat creepy for the character I can imagine...

Since game days go by slowly, unless you change the daytime to nighttime speeds you're not going to notice much aging. Which is a problem.

Another realistic thing you could try to make is realistic scarring. No idea how that would be implemented, maybe after critical hits (after lowing critical hit chance if possible, I can't tell you how many times powerful npcs constantly hit me with critical hits!). But yeah, just throwing random stuff out there. But who knows, maybe someone already came up with it!

Those are just my two cents. People have like you said made an aging mod but they are not exactly immersive. Then again it's kind of hard to when a day is about only the equivalent to almost an hour in real time.

hershangames

Hey, I'll post what I wrote about a mod I was planning to do, but never did. It isn't related to your characters physic but it does add realism.
Also, I know this would be reaaaaally hard, so I know it probably won't happen, but I just want to share the idea.

Real crime consequences

features:
-when you kill someone, the guards will ask you about the murder when you're in the hold

-When guards ask you about a murder, depending on what you say and your speech skill, they can take you under arrest

-when you're taken under arrest, you will appear in jail, where you'll have another dialogue with a guard.

-Depending on what you say in jail, you can be freed or gain a 1000 bounty per victim.

-If you have committed the murder with a daedric weapon, vigilantes will appear in the hold in 24h, and in 72h they will be everywhere and attack on sight.

-You will see the guards of the hold ask NPCs about the murder, and there is a 25% chance they're taken under arrest.

-If you have been under arrest three times or more, you will have a 1000 bounty per victim no matter what dialogue you have in jail.

-If you are thane, you can avoid jail up to 4 times, after that, you have no more immunity

-If you have completed the main questline, you have permanent immunity

-Vigilantes will use silver weapons and steel armors.

-If you're interrogated in Riften, you will have an option to bribe the guard. You'll need 0,7 times the amount of your bounty.

-If you're being chased down by the guards for more than a week, hire thugs will start randomly appearing.

-After spending time in jail, the last weapon equipped will be kept in a "crime weapons" vault in the barracks. Everything there will be items taken from you.

-If you steal anything from the "crime weapons" vault, you will be interrogated.

-If you escape from jail, guards will spawn throughout the hold.

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts