Xbox 360 Re-marrying

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pbdb

I know this topic's been beaten to death, but I've done due diligence with searches and such, and still have no definitive answer to whether or not I can actually remarry on an XBOX 360 platform. Andante's post gives me hope (re: waiting for a courier).

I married Aela (yowza!), and then promptly took her with me into battle and killed her entirely by accident (she stepped in front of me during a power attack with a battle-axe). (sigh) I want another wife, but can't make anything happen with the Amulet of Mara and whatnot. And it's been quite awhile since her death, and no courier.

Can I remarry or not? Thanks folks. :confused:

Unfortunately, no. There is no way to re-marry on the consoles. PC users can by using console-commands, but it's impossible on your Xbox. At least for now. :sadface:

Medea

The Shadow Queen
No, you can't re-marry on the consoles. Hopefully future updates will include a divorce option, or a chance to re-marry after you accidentally (or intentionally) kill your spouse. All you get for now is an inheritance from a courier, a few days after your spouse is dead.

I thought that once dead, you receive and inheritance and then the corpse shows up in the Hall of the Dead in the dead's home town and once the body is there you can re-marry. This is not true?
I'm on PS3.

blancer

how the heck do you even kill your wife????? I married ysolda and I have tried to kill her but she just wont DIE. and I have completed all her quests so im really confused..

how the heck do you even kill your wife????? I married ysolda and I have tried to kill her but she just wont DIE. and I have completed all her quests so im really confused..
Tell her to "Wait Here" on the side of a mountain and use your Unrelenting Force to blow her miles to her death.

i married ysolda. she isn't a follower
I could be wrong but it was my understanding that only you can kill your wife, just like your follower.

pbdb

No, you can't re-marry on the consoles. Hopefully future updates will include a divorce option, or a chance to re-marry after you accidentally (or intentionally) kill your spouse. All you get for now is an inheritance from a courier, a few days after your spouse is dead.

Interesting. I never got a courier, or an inheritance, after I killed Aela. Is that because, even in the midst of my intense grief, I looted her body after she died? :)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Sleeping Tree Cave is a quest that never really ends.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
She has 2 other quests associated with her. The Sleeping Tree Cave quest and A Night To Remember. One is triggered when you find a dead body doing one of the radiant bounty quests and the other is triggered when you meet a fellow named Sam at one of the taverns in Skyrim.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts