• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

THREE SPOTS REMAINING; RECRUITING OPEN

In Skyrim, while the Imperials and Stormcloaks continued their civil war, something was happening within the Ancient Nordic Tombs and Ruins. While a few Draugr had always patrolled their homes, something different began to happen. All the Draugr began to rise up, their life restored. Nobody paid any mind to this at first as bandits were the main ones getting killed. The Draugr all-across Skyrim rose to their feet after their long sleep and took up arms once more.

Then, on a day that did not seem unlike any other, the Draugr poured out of their ancient resting places. All over Skyrim, the Draugr began to devastate every area they went to. Realizing that they could not defeat the vast numbers of Draugr, the Legion quickly panicked and returned to Cyrodiil, worried for the safety of their homeland. Those Nords that had been in the Legion stayed behind, but could not get organized into any single force. The disorganized forces tried to fight the Draugr but when the situation lost all hope they returned to their homes, seeking to ensure the survival of their families. The Stormcloaks realized they could not respond to the threat for all of Skyrim and sought to turn Windhelm into an impenetrable fortress. The success of their endeavor is unknown.

No one understands why the Draugr changed behavior so suddenly; why they went from patrolling their ancient crypts to wreaking havoc upon Skyrim. No one has been able to investigate the cause. The next guess is as good as the last; the most highly educated guess as good as the guess of any commoner.

In only one month, Skyrim was in ruins. The holds, with no dominant military presence, could not defend themselves and many citizens were killed by the Draugr. The Draugr, upon defeating all enemies they can see, have been seen to feast upon the bodies those they had killed. The survivors were forced to the countryside, surviving in a variety of ways. Some became hunters, others became looters, and some became bandits. Many more still attempted to altogether hide, to go in a cave and wait out the Apocalypse until foreign aid arrives.

Survivors come in a variety of forms and a variety of backgrounds. Who are you, and what's your story?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In this RP, our characters will just so happen to meet each other. For your choice of reasons, your character will happen to be in the area just north-west of Whiterun. We will find each other and our characters shall decide to band together to seek a little comfort. However, they will find something different and even more important: hope.

(Please keep in mind: No God-Warrior Destroyer of All Living Creatures-type characters. No super-overpowered characters, please. Superheroes and Super-villains are for Comics.)

Members
    Skyrimosity
    Melee
    Irish
    Skies
    Dradin
    CapObvious
    AS88
    Epic Keith
    images

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I have a character I can salvage from one of my previous RPs. Let me find it, and change it up bit.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    In this RP scenario, the dragonborn and the dragons aren't around, I'd guess? Will post a CC tomorrow.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I have a character I can salvage from one of my previous RPs. Let me find it, and change it up bit.
    Actually, I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. I am opting out. If you want help brainstorming or elaborating on any ideas for the RP, I'll be more than happy to help though.

Skyrimosity

Actually, I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. I am opting out. If you want help brainstorming or elaborating on any ideas for the RP, I'll be more than happy to help though.

Alright Gidian. Thanks for the help in making the RP.

AS88

Staff member
    Yeah I'm considering posting a CC here :)

Skyrimosity

General Information

Name: Dagvar

Race: Nord

Class: Light Warrior

Height: 6'2

Weight: 220 lbs

Build: Muscular on his arms but otherwise not very muscular.

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None

Affiliations: None

Afflictions: Paranoia; always glancing around him, thinking anything or anyone could be after him

Habits: Glancing around, randomly turning around and shouting

Positive traits: Smart, Survivalist

Negative Traits: Paranoia, Claustrophobia

Likes/Loves: Open, flat areas.

Dislikes/Hates: Being in tight spaces, hearing things he cannot see.

Fears: Tight spaces

Aspirations: To survive

Appearance

Hair Length: hair covers his head, stopping just above his eyebrows in the front, cover his ears on the side, and reaches toe middle of his neck in the back.

Hair Color: Blonde

Facial Hair: Scruff

Eye Color: Blonde

Skin Color: Pale

Casual Attire: Simple red and brown robes with boots

Armour: Full set of Leather Armor

Skills

Master:

Expert: Light Armor

Adept: One-Handed. Blocking.

Apprentice: Archery

Gear: Steel Sword, Leather Shield

History

Early Life: Dagvar was born in Whiterun to a family of looking to survive. They had jobs that were unimportant and went largely unnoticed. His father worked for Belethor and his mother took whatever jobs were available, not often holding down one job for a large period of time. They made enough to live comfortably enough but they never had luxuries.

Early Teens: Dagvar first started to practice with a sword and shield. His father taught him a few things but his knowledge on the subject was limited. Dagvar would pass some time swinging at the practice dummies behind Jorrvaskr, which the Companions didn't mind because they liked to see even the young fight.

Late Teens: Dagvar got a job working at The Drunken Huntsman. He didn't make much, but he enjoyed the small amount of gold he earned. He started working long hours and got out of touch with practicing his sword and shield skills. To keep up the appearance that everyone who worked at the Drunken Huntsman was a huntsman, he had to wear leather armor while at his job.

Adulthood: After years working at The Drunken Huntsman, Dagvar was basically the one running the whole place. Anoriath still hunted most of the food, but Dagvar was in charge of making sure that the place ran smoothly. He still wore his leather armor, and by now it didn't even feel like it was any more weight than regular clothing. Anoriath had even tried to taught Dagvar to use a bow, but he still did not like to hunt.

When the Draugr were first reported attacking, Dagvar didn't think much of it. He figured, like most others, it'd only be for a short time and the Legion and the Stormcloaks could kill them off. The massive scale of the Draugr attack was a surprise to him. When the Draugr were near Whiterun and it was obvious that destruction was inevitable, Dagvar fled the city. He had no idea where he was going but he knew it was away form Whiterun.

He began to make a living off the wildlife; mainly the deer. He had learned how to use a bow well enough to kill a deer so he was able to survive. Unfortunately, Draugr continued to roam all over the lands so he became paranoid that there was always going to be something about to kill him. He is constantly worried about Draugr being around so he will glance around and glance back. If he hears a sound and can't find it, he goes into a panic.

Skyrimosity

So, I hope my CC is pretty good. This guy shall be a bit of an interesting fellow, for sure.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    I might just participate. If it's ok, I'll make a CC tomorrow and apply.

I'm not skilled with RPs. I've done one with AS88, but that's all.

AS88

Staff member

Skyrimosity

I might just participate. If it's ok, I'll make a CC tomorrow and apply.

I'm not skilled with RPs. I've done one with AS88, but that's all.

Well, we all had our starts somewhere. You're certainly welcome to apply.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

Skyrimosity

I believe the credit for that Character Card Template belongs to Rextoret.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    General Information

Name: Vergilius (Vergil)

Nickname: The Milk-Drinker, Wineblade,

Race: Imperial

Class: Wandering Bard

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 195

Build: Thin but athletic

Laterality: Ambidextrious

Sexuality: Bisexual

Marital Status: Single (Sorta)

Properties: A single room at the bards college, family had property back in Cyrrodil

Affiliations: Bard's College, The Companions

Afflictions: Kleptomania (controllable level), Arachaphobia

Habits: Humming or singing to himself quietly, playing his flue, rolling a coin between his fingers

Positive traits: Quick thinking, resourceful, loyal, polite, prepared for anything.

Negative Traits: steals, cheats, lies, selfish

Likes/Loves: Drinking, Games, Drinking games, Women, drinking games with women, reading, nice things

Dislikes/Hates: Being told to be quiet, betrayals,

Fears: being maimed or crippled, being utterly alone

Aspirations: To write the epic of his time, to be showered with gold and praise

Appearance

Hair Length: Medium length hair, often swept back

Facial Hair: Finely groomed mustache and goatee

Eye Color: Brown almost black

Skin Color: slightly tanned

Casual Attire: Mourner's clothes and plain black boots

Armour: None

Skills

Expert: 1-handed

Adept: speech, sneak

Apprentice: alchemy

Gear: Skyforge steel sword and dagger, A large bottle that he often fills with Alto Wine, as well as a wooden flute.

History

Early Life: Born in Solitude, Vergilious and his brother Marcurio followed different paths. Both brothers were quite intelligent absorbing the histories and
    stories of the Nords as well as some interest in the Dwemer. This lead to something of a rivalry between the two at an early age.

Early Teens: As the two brother's grew older differences began to become apparent. While his brother showed something of a talent for magic Vergilious or Vergil
    showed no such talent. But for every little cantrip Marcurio learned from the court wizard Vergil started picking up Alchemy from the local alchemist. The two brothers
    stayed tight while continuing to add fuel to the fires of their sibling rivarly.

Late Teens: As both got older Marcurio expressed interest at studying at the College of Winterhold. A desicion Vergil supported, for in recent years the Court Wizard
    had become to busy to help Marcurio with learning such higher level spells, and Marcurio needed a better place to practice his destructive magics. With Marcurio sent
    into the world Vergil wanted to explore as well. Asking Viarmo to send him out to collect collections of books and such, this is where he first made contact with the Companions.

Adulthood: At first, the Companions rightfully rejected this milk-drinker of an Imperial. But Vergil, whenever Viarmo, sent to collect something near Whiterun would often
    drop by Jorrvaskr. His diligence leading to his test, in which he passed in recovering a shard of Wuuthrad. Which he managed to get even with his poor skill with a blade
    due to knowlege of Nord tombs. Ever the womanizer he managed to anger almost all the female Companions, except for Ria another young Imperial. And so he made a small living,
    as a Bard and Companion. Leading to him to focus on refining his "Milk-Drinker" Swordsmanship, a more finesse-focused style.

News of the draugr attacks reached his ears when he was searching for a very rare book that Viarmo wanted. He paid little heed until he heard news of Whiterun being attacked.
    He got as close to the destroyed city as he could. He now wanders looking for his brother and Ria, to see if those he cared about survived the calamity. He survives often through
    barter and hospitality of those he meets. Though if they are unfriendly, his sharp mind and sharp blades see to it that he will continue his quest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts