• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Thief-Garrett.jpg
    Garret Rendon
    "When you have nothing less to lose, you only have everything left to gain"
    Basic Information
    Name: Garret Rendon
    Alias: The Cold Benefactor
    Birth Place: Evermor, High Rock
    Birth Sign: Tower
    Origin/Race:Breton
    Class: Thief/Expert Swordsman/Alchemist
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Properties: A cave made to look like a home, in a mountain north of Markarth
    Affiliations: Thieves Guild, East Empire Trading Company, Houses of Morrowind, Multiple Nobles from Cyrodiil, High Rock and Hammerfell
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Afflictions: Lost sight on left eye, recently gotten sick from a lab experiment. The symptoms haven't been felt yet, but he'l get progressively sick as time passes.
    Religion: Nocturnal, Agonostic
    Patron Deity: Nocturnal
    Habits: Plays with septims
    Hobbies: Alchemy, Drinking, Whoring
    Family: None left
    Personality
    Garret is very social, as he spends most of his free time in inns and pubs. He has developed an expertise of speechcraft, as he can be both persuasive and intimidating. Garret likes to think he is funny, as he will always tell jokes no matter who hears them, he is quick to make friends but he can also anger the wrong people.
    Positive Traits: Temperate, Friendly, Tolerant, Funny, Persuasive, Cunning
    Negative Traits: Greedy, Ill-Mannered, Overly Confident, Competitive, Alcoholic, Curious
    Dislikes: Judgemental People, Soliders, Sailors/Pirates
    Fears: Assassins, The Thieves Guild, Falling from large heights
    Aspirations: To become rich, To uncover all alchemy mixtures, To regain sight on his left eye, To make up with the guild.
    Quirks: Will always make jokes, and people won't always find them funny.
    Philosophy: Garret is not a man of principle, he dislikes solders and people who throw their life away on an idea. Garret lives live for what it's worth, enjoying the small things and ignoring the big ones.
    Skills
    Master:
    Alchemy: Garret was mixing ingredients since he was a kid, and he kept doing it for his entire life. An alchemist as skilled as him is hard to find in Tamriel.
    Expert:
    Stealth: Garret has spent enough of his time in the guild to understand how one can blend in with shadows, crowds and foliage. He can be very sneaky and hard to detect.
    Speech: Garret has developed an expertise in Speech Craft over time. He can barter with you and make you give your most precious and expensive item for almost nothing, he can persuade you into doing what he wants and if you don’t seem to be able to handle yourself, Garret can also be quite intimidating.
    Adept:
    Light Weaponry: Even if he will most likely try and avoid combat, if the situation calls for it, Garret is a master Swordsman, as he had spent countless hours training in the art of dagger and sword.
    Free Running/Parkour/Climbing: Garret dislikes riding horses, you would rather find him in a carriage rather than on a horse. However he has enough stamina to climb and run, as sometimes he is forced to escape certain situations.
    Fingersmith: Having spent most of his time as a thief doing fishing and heist jobs, Garret is a Master pickpocket and lock picker.
    Apprentice:
    Marksmanship: Garret understands how strong an arrow can be. It can apply a strong poison, it can trigger a trap, it can open a door, it can distract, it can kill. Even if he’s not the combat archer type, Garret won’t hesitate to use his bow at any given point.
    Enchanting: He enchanted his own equipment, although his enchantments are weak, they do their job, and Garret couldn’t ask for more.
    Light Armor: Garret never wore a plate mail, as he finds the weight of such armors too big for his liking. He has used light armor as a mean of defense for as long as he’s been a thief.
    Appearance
    Height: 1.86 M
    Weight: 85 Kg
    Build: Fit, Athletic
    Hair Length: Short
    Hair Color: Crimson
    Facial Hair: Short Beard
    Eye Color: Green
    Scars: Large scar on left eye
    dirtyblackthievesguildarmour1.jpg
    Gear
    Armor: Just like in the pic, however the color is dark green instead of black.
    Weapons: Ebony Bow, Ebony Longsword, With a dwarven dagger hidden in his boot for harsh times.
    Misc: If engaged in combat, Garret’s left arm will be empty, leaving him space to disarm, break defence or grab a potion.
    History/Biography
    Childhood: Garret was born in Evermor, High Rock. He dosen’t know much about his past and he is always looking for more, although the hunt went terribly so far. His mother, Felicia, was a Breton alchemist and his father was a forsworn. At his birth his father was assassinated for betraying the forsworn, and Garret took his father’s only known name. After giving birth, Felicia started to suffer from a terrible disease, and she died when Garret was only 10, leaving him the alchemy shop.
    Teenager: His teen years started tough, as he had to take care of an adult’s business. That, however, strengthened him, making him much more mature for his age. As he grew up, he became quite popular among the youth at the inns, as he always had money to spend, his alchemy paid off well.
    Adult: When he reached adulthood, Garret sold his old shop and went to Markarth, To set his new shop there. He encountered the Thief Guild in that city, and he left selling potions behind, and became a full on thief. In the guild he learned a lot, and made many good friends. After a couple of years with the Guild, Garret was already rich. He was building a manor next to Riften, he was engaged to a lovely maiden, and life was good for him. However Garret is a curios fellow. He heard rambling in the guild about nightingales, and he went to a temple of Nocturnal to check it out. There the daedric princess revealed him the truth about the Guild and how the nightingales were formed. Garret wanted to share this information with his fellow guild mates, however the leader didn’t share his enthusiasm. He was framed for betraying the guild, his house under construction was burned down, and his future wife left him. He had nothing left, and so he went back to his old business - Alchemy. He gained quite a reputation, as his years in the Guild did nothing but empower his alchemist abilities. Garret became renowed as The Cold Benefactor, and contracts from around Tamriel started using his services.

AS88

Staff member
    Blackdoom, your character seems a little OP to me.

AS88

Staff member
    Guys, I've seen the reports on the negative ratings, the user was spamming people all over the site. Unfortunately my permissions don't extend to removing ratings, but I have banned the user. I expect Rayven will deal with the reports and remove the negative ratings when she's next on.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Blackdoom, your character seems a little OP to me.

I agree, he seemed OP to me as well. That's why I gave him that sickness thingy. At first he will barely notice it, but it will keep getting worse as the RP progresses. He'l start coughing, getting tired too fast, and all the way up to having halucinations and randomly passing out. He will eventually become a detriment to the group and he will be obsessed to find a cure for his condition.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    I'm mostly wondering where he found the time to become a marksman and an expert swordsman. Maybe during his time at the Thieves Guild, but he was only there for a few years, right?
    His backstory and history go really in depth with his alchemy skills, which I think are impressive. But he's also a thief and a swordsman and a marksman and it seems like a bit much, even with his illness, which I would love to hear more about. :D How did he get it?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    As in the other skills. Since his utter mastery of every aspect of his style is odd. Especially since one well made Cure Disease Potion could solve his only "weakness"

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I'm mostly wondering where he found the time to become a marksman and an expert swordsman. Maybe during his time at the Thieves Guild, but he was only there for a few years, right?
    His backstory and history go really in depth with his alchemy skills, which I think are impressive. But he's also a thief and a swordsman and a marksman and it seems like a bit much, even with his illness, which I would love to hear more about. :D How did he get it?

He's been in the thieves guild for about 6 years, and he did spend a lot of time training. He's not a very good marksman, he just knows how to shoot a bow. The swordsman part was mainly to get him to combat.

Maybe master one thing (thievery swordsmanship etc.) Then make him a expert at it?

That's a good idea

I've RPed so much with this guy but you guys are the first to analyise the CC and break it down

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    As in the other skills. Since his utter mastery of every aspect of his style is odd. Especially since one well made Cure Disease Potion could solve his only "weakness"

I don't plan on making it that easy to cure.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Yeah I know what you mean. Gave a character of mine tuberculosis, and the idea was he had to drink a Cure Disease potion basically all the Tim to keep his symptoms under control.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Redid Faleyn's backstory and skills (marginally).

Lifts-Her-Tail

May I ask when will this roleplay begin? And all your character cards seem great! Really looking forward to roleplaying with you all!

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I just realized we have a pair of Sword and Dagger fencers. Ahahaha this is going to be an epic time. Especially since both are supposed to be smooth talkers. :D

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    I just realized we have a pair of Sword and Dagger fencers. Ahahaha this is going to be an epic time. Especially since both are supposed to be smooth talkers. :D
    And two Breton mages. (Although it seems the similarities between them end there.)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    We have a pretty stacked human character set as well. I think there is a wood elf and a dark elf somewhere in there.

Skyrimosity

Blackdoom, I would honestly prefer that you have only one master skill. The reason being is that, it's your MASTER skill. If someone were to think of your character, this would be immediately what they thought about. For your character, it certainly seems Alchemy would be a fitting choice.

I'm also worried that you already have 3 expert skills, but if you move one of the master skills down you will then have 4. Honestly, your character seems to be the King of Thieves but hey, its no problem because he's also a Master Swordsman.

So I know your CC states he is a master swordsman, but it is honestly simply a bit unfair to have him be the near perfect thief and also one of the best swordsmen to be found.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Blackdoom, I would honestly prefer that you have only one master skill. The reason being is that, it's your MASTER skill. If someone were to think of your character, this would be immediately what they thought about. For your character, it certainly seems Alchemy would be a fitting choice.

I'm also worried that you already have 3 expert skills, but if you move one of the master skills down you will then have 4. Honestly, your character seems to be the King of Thieves but hey, its no problem because he's also a Master Swordsman.

So I know your CC states he is a master swordsman, but it is honestly simply a bit unfair to have him be the near perfect thief and also one of the best swordsmen to be found.

Ok, I'l nerf him down.
    stoner-sloth-meme-generator-its-k-bro-just-chill-out-49c446.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts