• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Name: Horiscor

Race: Dumner

Sexuality: Homosexual

Affiliations: None

Afflictions: Insomnia, finds it very difficult and challenging to get to sleep and usually prays or does something lively to do over those hours she should be resting.

Habits: Has a habit of asking awkward or uncomfortable questions to people she has just met, and also has a tendency to look people up and down as in a way to judge them through appearance.

Positive Traits: Brave and usually fearless to most things, except the undead as she has a phobia of them and is usually very disturbed or even terrified when near them which isnt helpful due to the Draugr apocalypse which had plagued Skyrim.

Negative Traits: Phobia of the undead, can make very offensive comments without meaning to and can also be extremely arrogant and stubborn in bad situations.

Dislikes/Hates: Undead, not being able to sleep and loud noises.

Fears: Undead and being persuaded with no way out.

Aspirations: To be considered a hero to at least one person.

Appearance: She has long, thick, straight, black, usually platted hair, which droops down to about waist height. She is 5'4 and is of a very skinny, nimble build, very usually for fitting in small cramped spaces. Thick bushy eye brows and deep jade colored eyes and a light pale skin tone.

Weapons/Armour: She has only two steel daggers, which she usually uses for killing animals and other people who may have food when they are sleeping, her build making it easy to sneak up on them without her victims being alerted. She wears a tavern dress mostly and has two other sets of dresses which she only wears occasionally.

Skills: She does not have many combat skills, but she is an expert in sneaking and cooking, and considers herself an adept in alchemy and a novice in one handed weapons.

History:
    Horiscor started out as a young orphan living in Morrowind as her parents had died when she was very young due to an illness which has affected them both. When she was around the age of ten she began to get increasingly offensive towards the other orphans and usually caused a lot of hassle or the workers. When she was 14 she was adopted by a young couple who took her to the devilishly cold land of Skyrim and to the city of Whiterun where her new mother taught her the ways of a cook and an alchemist. She practiced cooking a lot and when she had became an expert in the art she began to work in her new fathers tavern where she cooked meals for the large amount of guests the tavern received.

Horiscor loved her job and her new family and she led a very nice life. Her adopted parents quickly came close to her heart and she happily called them father and mother as they acted like she had been their own offspring. Horiscor's father taught her to use a dagger, but fighting was never really her things, but alchemy on the other hand gave her a very big interest on the art of potions and poisons. Her life was going well and she often traveled with her mother in search of rare and extraordinary plants and herbs, for new remedies. But then the day of the Draugr came.

She first encountered a Draugr when her mother and herself were venturing inside a ruin and they came across some dead skeleton like things and then one began to move and Horiscorand her mother fled the ruin without turning back once on their way out. From that day on she was petrified even to look at a painting of the undead let alone face to face with one. She frequently had nightmares of the creatures and prayed never to see them again, but then the day came where hundreds arrived. and it was like her nightmares had come true all at once. Horiscor and her parents left the city and fled with the many numerous others and as they were fleeing Horiscor and her parents became separated and it was the last she saw of them. She then began to live in a small abandoned cave near Whiterun, and she lived off killing passing people and taking their food supplies. It was a horrible life to be living but it was necessary for her own survival.

AS88

Staff member
    Basics

Name: Hrogmar Stone-Beard

Race: Nord

Class: Stormcloak Soldier

Height: 6'4”

Weight: 228 lbs

Build: Muscular

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None, although his family own a few properties in whatever's left of Windhelm

Affiliations: The Stormcloaks (before he was abandoned), friends of Windhelm's Clan Stone-Beard

Afflictions: Slight drowsiness following recovery from Bone Break Fever

Habits: Checking his surroundings, clicking his fingers

Positive traits: Strong, honourable, protective, genuine

Negative Traits: His traditional views sometimes get in the way; he is slightly chauvinistic, set in his political beliefs, and flirts with the idea of throwing himself into a ‘good death’

Likes/Loves: A clear Skyrim landscape, fresh air, decent mead, honourable battle, mighty Talos

Dislikes/Hates: Hiding, elves, ‘bad’ mages, thieves, the Legion for abandoning Skyrim

Fears: Death without honour, the fall of Windhelm, the unknown

Aspirations: Survival with honour and glory, returning to Windhelm

Appearance

Hair: Long, dirty blonde hair with a braid on the left, similar to Ralof’s, but slightly longer

Facial Hair: Scruffy goatee framed by a long scruffy stubble from the couple of weeks without shaving

Eye Colour: Deep, dark blue

Skin Colour: Average for a Nord from snowy Windhelm, rather pale but weathered slightly by the wind and the cold

Casual Attire: Simple brown and grey tunic, leather boots

Armour: Normal Stormcloak Solider armour, but with boots of his own make made of thicker leather and a hooded bear fur cloak

Skills

Master: -

Expert: Two-Handed

Adept: Light Armour, Block

Apprentice: Archery, Smithing, Sneak, Heavy Armour, Speech, One-Handed

Gear: Finely-sharpened Steel Battleaxe, Restrung Ancient Nord Bow with Ancient Nord Arrows, an old iron dagger used as a hunting knife or in emergency situations

History

Early Life: Hrogmar was born and raised in Windhelm by his Talos-worshipping parents. His family name is a well-known one amongst Windhelm, and his father fought alongside many other men from Windhelm in the Great War. However, he returned with a sadness deep in his heart, which he could only sooth by ale. Hrogmar’s mother managed the clan’s modest properties; a couple of market stalls and a few small houses near Candlehearth Hall, and also volunteered at the Temple of Talos when she had the time. Hrogmar was a welcome addition to the family, and had an older brother to play with who he followed everywhere. As most Nords, he and his brother dreamt of being warriors famed across the nine holds, maybe even Companions, but Hrogmar dearly missed his father when he left for the war.

Teens: Hrogmar’s father had successfully returned from the south with great honour, but a part of him was missing that Hrogmar was too young to remember. His father’s warm and jovial personality had been replaced with a forlorn and quiet demeanour, devoid of satisfaction or laughter. Hrogmar learned from his brother that the loss of many of his friends had been the cause of his sadness, and grew to understand the rigours of war. Hrogmar’s mother was heartbroken, but proud of her husband, and held the family together with the aid of family friends. The truest smile Hrogmar saw from his father during these years came when his brother told the family of his intentions to join the Windhelm Guard. Hrogmar was his constant training companion, learning to use various swords and axes, and different armours.

Adulthood: After years of watching his brother patrol the hold, Hrogmar came of age to be able to do the same. Sure enough, he became part of the Windhelm Guard, large, strong and street-smart following a life of shadowing his older brother. The boredom set in earlier than it had with his brother, and Hrogmar’s father’s health continued to falter. Eventually, Hrogmar’s father died of a combination of old war wounds and alcoholism, but not before he heard the news that his youngest son was going to join Ulfric and fight with the Stormcloaks, and shed a proud tear.

About a dozen years later, and Hrogmar was stationed at the Falkreath Stormcloak Camp. He’d been sent on a scouting mission to secretly survey the hold’s capital with two others. They had set up a small camp by Shriekwind Bastion, but the Draugr set upon them by night, and only Hrogmar survived after being abandoned by his fellows. He returned to the camp to see it still smouldering, covered and crackling alongside the bodies of his fellow Nords and the Draugr alike. The bridges through the Rift towards Eastmarch were collapsed and ruined, each patrolled by a handful of the unnatural beings. Hrogmar retraced his steps after being mauled by a wandering bear and snuck towards the western outskirts of Whiterun with the aim of following the road north towards Fort Dunstad.

(Also, I 'borrowed' your template, Skyrimosity :p I usually use the template used by the thread-starter, because then I know what sort of stuff they're looking for. I'd like this colour for dialogue. There is more to this character, but I opted to just give enough for you all to get the idea of what he's about without revealing too much.)

Skyrimosity

Again AS88, its not my Template, it is Rextoret's.

Lifts-Her-Tail, you're in.

AS88, you're in.

Guess that means we're full. I'll work on the actual RP thread in a bit. In the meantime, if everyone could please post the color of their dialogue it'd be appreciated (I should have asked sooner, but I forgot until AS88 reminded me).

THIS will be mine, and you may check the first post to see all taken colors.

AS88

Staff member
    Ahh okay, credit to Rextoret then!

Thanks, I'll edit Hrogmar's colour to a deeper blue

Skyrimosity

Of course, there is still one more character card we are waiting on.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    I would like to use this color...

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Holy plops there's a lot of replies to this. I'll work on my character card and get it up soon. I worked after class today, which is why I'm late getting to it.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    DAMN YOU SKY TAKING MY SIGNATURE COLOR (or close enough to it). :mad: I'll take this gold then. :p

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    This would be nice for Do'Vassal, if that's okay.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Irish I think that's the same as Cap's. Unless I'm not seeing things correctly. :p

Irish

Thane of Solitude
    Haha, I noticed that as soon as I posted it, so edited it. Unfortunately, I think this color looks kind of like the original text color.

Skyrimosity

All colors added. Again, on the first page if anyone forgets

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

Skyrimosity

Well, we're still waiting on Blackdoom and Melee to post their character cards. At least Melee, since her spot was reserved. So sometime after Melee posts a character card. Don't think it'll be too long, hopefully by tomorrow night.

Skyrimosity

Made change to Background in first post. 4th paragraph, please read.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    General Information

Name: Solenne

Race: Bosmer

Class: Archer/Hunter

Height: 5'0"

Weight: 129 lbs

Build: Petite athletic build. Her arms are strong from years of hunting.

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Demisexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None.

Affiliations: None.

Afflictions: None.

Habits: Observing others, tapping her foot, drumming her fingers.

Positive traits: Loyal, observant, confident, caring, genuine

Negative Traits: Cold, solemn, quiet, stubborn, stoic

Likes/Loves: Stretching her bow, a warm fire, steak

Dislikes/Hates: Loud noises, crude humor, drinking/drugs, tight spaces

Fears: Caves, the dark

Aspirations: To become a master archer and visit Valenwood.

Appearance

Hair Length: Short and choppy, but there's enough of it there to warrant holding it back with a bandana.

Hair Color: Dark brown, with a hint of red in the right light.

Facial Hair: None.

Eye Color: Blue.

Skin Color: Olive

Casual Attire: White cotton shirt, thick brown pants and leather boots. However, she is rarely seen without her armor on.

Armour: Leather.

Skills

Master: Archery

Expert: Light Armor, Sneak

Adept: Cooking

Apprentice: One Handed

Gear: Hunting bow, Iron arrows, Iron dagger

History

Early Life: Solenne is the oldest of 5 children, raised in the mining village of Shor's Stone, just north of Riften. Her father was a miner, and hardly ever home because of his work. When he was home, he was either asleep or drunk, making him a less-than-pleasant person to be around. Solenne's mother was a frail, sickly woman who never left the house and hardly moved from her bed. This left Solenne to shoulder the responsibilities of the family and house from a young age. One of the other villagers in town, hoping to help them in some way, showed her the basic skills of hunting, and provided her with a bow to use. Solenne's bow never left its place around her shoulders after that.

Early Teens: The birth of Solenne's youngest sibling was bittersweet, as her mother died shortly after delivering. By now she had dealt with enough hardship between her father's borderline abusive behavior and providing for her siblings that she was able to hide and suppress her emotions when confronted with the loss of the mother she had never had a meaningful relationship with. The other villagers whispered that perhaps she was traumatized by it, or was simply cold-hearted, but Solenne ignored all of it. She was spending more and more time hunting out in the woods, and only came back because it was required of her.

Late Teens: Eventually the day comes when Solenne decides that she is no longer needed to be the sole provider for her family. With their father rarely ever home, the elder siblings have been finding odd jobs to make money, and have a steady enough income that she can finally leave. Leaving her last load of furs so that they can sell them, she says her goodbyes to her siblings and sets off into the woods, smiling for the first time in years. Solenne spends the following years sharpening her hunting skills further, expertly wielding a bow and sneaking through foliage and shadows as well as any Thieves Guild member could.

Adulthood: Solenne has spent her time alone in the wilds of Skyrim becoming a master hunter, never once venturing back toward her home. The only time she seeks human companionship is when she sells her furs to buy new armor or archery equipment. She was unaware of the Draugr until she ventured near Whiterun and saw the damage.

Buh I hope that isn't too awful.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts