• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

Well Skies, what kind of RP doesn't have a heavy drinker in it?

You're in.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I wouldn't say heavy... but still... I got in :D

Aye aye. plus he is a nice foil to your character if only visually... and sanity... wise.

Skyrimosity

Hey, people react in different ways to their regular lives getting yanked away from them.

Besides, I wanted to be a character that was a bit unusual.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I know what you mean. Plus will be pretty interesting to interact with since he is so out there.

Though I will constantly have to ask permission since his whole klepto nature.
    that and being cynical / untrusting.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    General Information-

Name: Faleyn

Race: Reachman (Breton)

Class: Mage (Specialized in Storm)

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 170 lbs

Build: Not Muscular but Not Feeble. Mediocre

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Possessions: Nothing Noteworthy.

Affiliations: The Forsworn

Afflictions: None

Personality-

Habits: Carries a lot of totems and ornaments. Overall, strange and odd.

Positive Traits: Smart, Resourceful

Negative Traits: Self loathing, doubting, craven.

Dislikes: Imperials, Stormcloaks, Nords in general.

Fears: The Ruin of his Homeland, "a wasteful death" (death)

Aspirations: Reclaim the Reach

Appearance-

Hair: Short, but not overly so. Unkempt and rough. Dirty

Hair Color: Brown

Facial Hair: Stubble

Eye Color: Brown

Skin Color: Tan

Armor: Forsworn without the Helmet and a Fur Helmet instead.

Attire: Fur boots and Bracers, Hold Guard type tunic.

Skills-

Expert - Destruction
    Adept - Enchanting
    Apprentice - Light Armor, Smithing and Sneak.

Backstory-
    Faleyn suffered from at the hand of Ulfric Stormcloak for many years, losing all that he held dear; his mother, father, and his home. But we must first look at the begining...

Faleyn was born into a traditional Reachmen home to a father and mother who could trace their ancestry back to the times of Red Eagle. His father worked as the chief enchanter to the Jarl, also working heavily with the large influx of Dwemer scholars at the time. He would bring home a more than sufficient pay to take care of basic needs, therefore letting his mother take care of Faleyn full-time.

When the Great War began, and the Nords left Markarth for the Legion, Faleyn's father worked heavily with Madanach, in the effort to restore the Reach to the people it belonged to. After a sucessful coux, Faleyn would see his family elevated to one of the stronger noble houses of the new country.

This prosperous time was short lived however, and Ulfric Stormcloak would muster forces and invade the city, killing all the Native Reachmen who did not bend the knee to the tyrant. Faleyn managed to escape into the wilds with his father, but not shortly after he saw his mother fall at the hands, or voice, of Ulfric himself.

Karthspire, a small trading post at the foothills of a ruin, soon became a bustling camp full of Reachmen, or now Forsworn, refugees. Faleyn would see his father join an early raiding party to attack a strategic point of interest in the retaking of Markarth. The party was never heard of again.

Without any place to go, Faleyn would remain in Karthspire, seeking the apprenticeship of the local Hagravens. He would find himself skilled in magic, like his father, especially in the use of storm spells. He also befriended a traditional Reachman armorer, who taught him the secrets of the Forsworn garb, and the process to make simple armors.

The Hagravens saw potential in the boy, and planned on making him a fearsome Briarheart, thus teaching him the lore of the Reach, and the cruelty needed to let his people survive. His lack of interaction in these vital years with people of normal upbringing would lead him to develop fairly anti-social tendencies.

Just mere weeks before the ceremony, Faleyn was sent to a camp outside Rorikstead, where he would familiarize himself with the native surroundings. He would seek refuge outside an abandoned crypt one night, with a small raiding party. There he was set upon by bloodthirsty draugr, who devoured his companions and almost himself as well. Frightened and alone, he set off into the plains of Whiterun, searching for companionship and solace. He would live alone for many weeks, turning him into a desperate and savage person, longing for some sanctuary.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Wanted to go a little out of the ordinary. I can easily change anything if need be.

Skyrimosity

Well, I like your character card. A Reachman who got trained by Hagravens in Destruction magic? That has to be an original concept.

You're in

(Although, I hope you don't try to murder all the Nords of the group)

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Well, I like your character card. A Reachman who got trained by Hagravens in Destruction magic? That has to be an original concept.

You're in

(Although, I hope you don't try to murder all the Nords of the group)
    Yeah, he's smart enough to not openly say he hates Nords around big burly Nords.

And you have to wonder what his social skills are like... He's definately going to be the odd one of the group.

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    So far everyone is anti-social in some way...
    No... You don't mean the paranoid one, the heavy drinker and the one raised by Hagravens lack social skills?

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Hey, another RP! And this one has to do with Draugr? Sign me up! XD. I will probably use Do'Vassal for this one. Just like Maere, his past will be concealed. That alright, Sky?

AS88

Staff member
    Have you? :p
    Depends. It was more of a pathetic escape from a tavern. Wait we're you in the Caravanners RP?
    No, I didn't participate, I think it was around the time of my finals at uni so didn't have time. I like your character, by the way :)

So, now I'm stuck on what sort of character to apply with. I have three (or more) in mind, a Winterhold mage who carries a shield, a Dunmer mage who is weaker than he was due to being cured of vampirism with an interest in the Dwemer, a member of what were the Stormcloaks, or an archer/thief of some description. o_O

Any preference, Skyrimosity?

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    No, I didn't participate, I think it was around the time of my finals at uni so didn't have time. I like your character, by the way :)
    Oops. Although I read through parts of the Galdur Legend one that you participated in however. Very good job, by the way.

Thanks. I always have liked the Forsworn, and I figured, why not.

AS88

Staff member
    Oops. Although I read through parts of the Galdur Legend one that you participated in however. Very good job, by the way.

Thanks! Have a look at the OOC for Dirty Coin, I'm doing something with the Forsworn that I've never seen before on here :p

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

Thanks! Have a look at the OOC for Dirty Coin, I'm doing something with the Forsworn that I've never seen before on here :p
    That's certainly original. Cool as well.

AS88

Staff member

That's certainly original. Cool as well.

Yeah, I don't think it'd actually happen, but y'know, it's RPing :p

Anyway, I'm gonna stop getting off topic!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts